94 replies to this topic

#1 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:14 PM

Hello everyone! I know its early to start a July FET group but Im excited. I just had my Sono today and got the go ahead for July :) I do have a small questionable polyp but its so low down that its not going to affect the transfer. So anyways my day 1 will be near the end of June and Ill transfer in mid July.

A little about me... I am 32, had both tubes removed due to fluid. I also have a history of polyps and have had them removed twice. I did ivf in late 2018 and had my first transfer in January 2019 which resulted in an amazing daughter. Im excited to give her siblings and optimistic about another successful transfer.

I look forward to chatting with others transferring around the same time!

#2 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:34 PM

Hi! I am scheduled for a transfer in late July. Thanks for starting the group :)

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#3 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:49 PM

Of course! Im really excited!

#4 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 306 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:01 PM

Hey I'm joining in too!  My day one will be set to arrive somewhere around July 1, putting my transfer around July 20/21.  This is our last chance for one more baby.  Our infertility is strictly male factor.  We have 2 boys.  Our oldest we adopted traditionally, our second I carried with the help of donor embryos.  We transferred our second embryo in February and it failed, we have one remaining embryo to finally transfer in July.  We feel like it's been such a road to transfer this time!  We started everything last fall to do another FET, found out I had some polyps, had them removed, did a transfer that failed.  I was supposed to transfer with my last cycle, but as always my lining check ultrasound they thought they saw a polyp again so I just had my Sono repeated to be sure on Friday, and sure enough everything looks good.  We are transferring our final embryo with this last cycle no matter what!  My doctor said she will put a note to ignore all potential polyps that the ultrasound place says that I have (I live 2.5 hours away from the clinic so don't go there for my lining checks).  Anyways, that's a bit of background on me.  We are looking forward to being done.  I would love to have one more baby, but if we don't that is ok too and we will be able to move out of this baby making phase of life, which feels like it has been forever (8 years since we start this journey!).  

• melissa87 likes this

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp6dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp6dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp6dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp6dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#5 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

Hi! I am waiting to call in to my clinic with my day 1 some time this week and I am anticipating that my transfer will be around July 7.

It depends on how my lining responds though of course.

We weren't successful with IVF when we did it at another clinic in 2017-2018.

However I began IVF again with a new clinic this year and we are hopeful that one of our 6 embryos will stick this time!!

Me: 37 DH: 36

TTC since 2014

IVF #1: November 2016

ER: Retrieved 5 eggs, 5 fertilized, ended up with 4 five day blasts

Fresh ET Nov 2016: BFN

FET w/ ICSI #1         Feb 2017: BFP,  M/C Apr (Lost at 7 weeks, found out at 14, had D&C)

FET  w/ ICSI #2       June 2017: BFP,  M/C Sept (Lost at 9 weeks, found out at almost 13 weeks, had D&C)

FET w/ ICSI #3        April 2018: BFN

IVF # 2: January 2020

ER: Retrieved 15 eggs, 10 fertilized, ended up with 7 five day blasts

Fresh ET Jan 2020: BFN

#6 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:43 AM

Hi! I am waiting to call in to my clinic with my day 1 some time this week and I am anticipating that my transfer will be around July 7.
It depends on how my lining responds though of course.
We weren't successful with IVF when we did it at another clinic in 2017-2018.
However I began IVF again with a new clinic this year and we are hopeful that one of our 6 embryos will stick this time!!

I have 6 left too! Heres hoping we are both successful! :) thats exciting that you switched clinics I hope this one works better !

#7 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:48 AM

Hey I'm joining in too!  My day one will be set to arrive somewhere around July 1, putting my transfer around July 20/21.  This is our last chance for one more baby.  Our infertility is strictly male factor.  We have 2 boys.  Our oldest we adopted traditionally, our second I carried with the help of donor embryos.  We transferred our second embryo in February and it failed, we have one remaining embryo to finally transfer in July.  We feel like it's been such a road to transfer this time!  We started everything last fall to do another FET, found out I had some polyps, had them removed, did a transfer that failed.  I was supposed to transfer with my last cycle, but as always my lining check ultrasound they thought they saw a polyp again so I just had my Sono repeated to be sure on Friday, and sure enough everything looks good.  We are transferring our final embryo with this last cycle no matter what!  My doctor said she will put a note to ignore all potential polyps that the ultrasound place says that I have (I live 2.5 hours away from the clinic so don't go there for my lining checks).  Anyways, that's a bit of background on me.  We are looking forward to being done.  I would love to have one more baby, but if we don't that is ok too and we will be able to move out of this baby making phase of life, which feels like it has been forever (8 years since we start this journey!).  

One last shot thats exciting I wish you the best ! I do have a question though what do they typically do if they find polyps on ultrasounds? Cancel the cycle and remove them ? That would be frustrating!

#8 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • 80 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 08 June 2020 - 10:40 AM

Just wondering what your clinics are doing about Covid-19: I'm due for an FET (not scheduled yet) and am anxious to get it going but am anxious about the risk.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC while trying to resolve issues

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Planning our first FET in spring 2020

#9 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 12:06 PM

Hey Melissa87 - it depends.  The first time they thought I had a polyp they did cancel my cycle and did another SHG, and found that everything looked good.  I got pregnant with my son the next cycle.  When I did my SHG to prepare for my next FET it showed polyps and I apparently had many of them so I had my OBGYN remove them.  My lining check ultrasound did show a polyp with my last cycle, but they didn't care about it and transferred anyways.  As we were preparing for our final transfer it showed a polyp again and that it had grown, so my RE just wanted to double check that it was all good before proceding.  So we did another SHG and she said it all looks good.  So I'm sure they will say they think I have another polyp next lining check but we will be ignoring it and proceding anyways.  So it depends I guess, if they find them with a more in depth test like HSG or SHG they might need to remove them and other times if they are small enough or the RE doesn't see them they go forward.  I truly think too that where I go for my ultrasound, that they don't have a lot of experience doing fertility related ultrasounds.  So I think that depends too.  It's been a bit of a gong show though, so long!

TracyFlick - My clinic has just changed how they do things.  We have to wear a mask, use hand sanitizer when we arrive.  We also aren't allowed to wait in the waiting room.  We wait in our car until they call us to come up.  We also aren't allowed to bring anyone with us.  So I will be transferring without my husband this time.  They are also doing all the screening that all health places are doing to make sure you aren't sick before going in to the clinic.  Our province has barely any covid numbers so I personally am not too worried about it.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp6dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp6dt)

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

#10 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:22 PM

I was just curious! I can imagine it would be stressful then again I already have a possible polyp too so, anyways hopefully things work out for the best!

Tracy- my clinic is the same, we ware masks, cant bring anyone with us and basically if they think you have covid they can cancel your cycle (even if youve tested negative). I worry about the risk too I just trust that they are being as careful as possible and hope for the best . Im in Ontario and I cant speak to all clinics but I think the rules are pretty similar everywhere

#11 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 29 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:46 AM

Hi! Joining this group, as my FET is planned for next cycle (fingers crossed!). A bit about me: we've been TTC for 3 years now. 1 un-medicated IUI, 2 medicated IUI's, followed by a laparoscopy where my doctor found and removed scar tissue from a previous surgery. He figured this may have been a big factor in our infertility, so we decided to take a break from the clinic and try naturally for a little bit. Did regular acupuncture and TCM for about 8 months. No luck. We then decided to move forward with IVF, and here we are :)  

I am going thru IVF stims now (stims day 7), with my retrieval happening Friday or Saturday this week. On my stims Day 5 check, they found a polyp which confirms a FET next cycle. We were leaning towards frozen anyways, given my age (37) and reco from my naturopath to give my body time to recover from the retrieval and to give us time to concentrate on my lining. My doctor is hoping my polyp passes with my next period. The plan will be to go in for a SHG shortly after. If it's still there he will remove it, and we will continue with the FET the same cycle. Not sure if the retrieval will affect my cycle at all, but if not, I should be starting my period the first weekend of July, with my FET mid-July. 

@cj123 - thank you for sharing your experience with polyps. I hadn't really heard of them until now, but over the past couple days I've read they are fairly common. It's comforting to hear you had a successful pregnancy the month following removal! 

Wishing everyone a successful July FET! Baby dust all round! 

#12 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:36 AM

Hopeful Yogi mama - Welcome!  Just for clarification - I had my successful pregnancy the month after someone first saw one on ultrasound.  I only had them removed well over a year after my little guy was born!  There has been so much confusion of if I have polyps or if I don't..... well I had them when they removed them in November and apparently potentially have another one, except my RE doesn't agree.... its a big question mark.  haha.  It's a good idea to let your body recover from retrieval.  Frozen transfers are so much easier than the full IVF cycle!  Welcome!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#13 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:18 PM

I just got my period today my initial lining check is Thursday! Im so excited !

#14 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:29 AM

I just got my period today my initial lining check is Thursday! Im so excited !

Very exciting!! How did your apt. go today?!

• melissa87 likes this

#15 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:05 PM

Ugh.... you guys.  I feel like I literally just have one thing after another.... it's constant.  With all the polyps and removing polyps and oh there is another polyp oh wait no there isnt..... When I had polyps removed in November my Dr did a pap as I was due, and the results came back abnormal.  My fertility doctor did my repeat test when I did my SHG about a month ago.  The result came back abnormal again, so we are putting transfer on hold, again, to investigate my weird cervix now.  It just feels like it's one thing after another.  So I am out before we even started.  Hopefully my colposcopy doesn't take too long to get done and the results are all normal.  And maybe we can transfer the last embryo by the fall.... 

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#16 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:15 AM

Ugh.... you guys.  I feel like I literally just have one thing after another.... it's constant.  With all the polyps and removing polyps and oh there is another polyp oh wait no there isnt..... When I had polyps removed in November my Dr did a pap as I was due, and the results came back abnormal.  My fertility doctor did my repeat test when I did my SHG about a month ago.  The result came back abnormal again, so we are putting transfer on hold, again, to investigate my weird cervix now.  It just feels like it's one thing after another.  So I am out before we even started.  Hopefully my colposcopy doesn't take too long to get done and the results are all normal.  And maybe we can transfer the last embryo by the fall.... 

Im so sorry that sucks! I hope you can transfer your last one soon too.

My lining check today was good. Started Estrace which is hard to get used too. I go back on July 3rd. I hope everyone else is doing well m.

#17 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

Just got our final report on our embyros! Of the 8 fertilized, 7 made it to Blastocyst (5 day 5's, 2 Day 6's). We are over the moon happy! Next step - I wait for my period to start. ETA: next Friday, but apparently with the retrieval/stims our bodies can be out of whack. If it starts as usual, I will likely be transferring on July 20th (give or take a couple days). I'm really excited to move into this next cycle! 

• melissa87 and Apfel74 like this

#18 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 47 posts
  • My Clinic:Gynesys/Procrea

Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:22 AM

Hi guys, I am wondering if it is okay to join this group as my transfer will be on Monday the 29th, which is pretty much into July...

I am scared as the whole IVF journey, the last 2 chemical pregnancies and now Covid have put a toll on our finances and relationship. I have 2 good 4aa embryos left, I really hope this one sticks.

Lots of testing have happened since my last FET, we wanted to control everything that could be controlled (immunity and receptivity issues) I feel that this protocol now should be covering everything (or at least what we know of).

I have been on Prograf, Plaquenil and Estrace for 2 weeks, had an intralipid infusion on Tuesday, started Crinone on Wednesday (will have 12 hours less of progesterone this time), Prednisone and Fragmin will be added on Monday.

Has anyone else had ERA done?

Fingers crossed and may this July bring good news for everybody <3
TTC since 2014, now 45 years old
Endometriosis, polyps, thyroid imbalance... took long to my body to be ready.
January 2019: good news, 8 x 4aa (5 days) embryos created.
PGS test: 4x DNA champions, 4 abnormal
First ever FET on April 18th, 2019 -> 1st [email protected]= 7, 2nd [email protected] = 2.2... shooting star :(
Second FET on June 25th, 2019 ->1st [email protected]= 36, 2nd [email protected] = 2.3... another shooting star :(
Several tests to try explain poor implantation (CD-138, Mutations, Antibodies...) all negative except for TPO
February 2020: ERA test, I am 12 hours post-receptive!
March 2020: FET cancelled due to Covid :(
Third FET on June 29th 2020.........

#19 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:01 AM

Anyone else ever had issues with estrace? This is my second fet so I experienced this before but I somehow I dont remember it being this bad. I am on 12 mg a day. Its only my third day and Im so nauseous, and Im sleeping like 10 plus hours a day. Im pretty paranoid about getting sick so I havent really left my house (except for essential things) but the side effects are crazy! Im waiting for a call back from the fertility clinic but I thought Id ask here if anyone had any tips for dealing with this?

#20 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:26 AM

Anyone else ever had issues with estrace? I am on 12 mg a day. Its only my third day and Im so nauseous, and Im sleeping like 10 plus hours a day. Im pretty paranoid about getting sick so I havent really left my house (except for essential things) but the side effects are crazy! Im waiting for a call back from the fertility clinic but I thought Id ask here if anyone had any tips for dealing with this?

Hi Melissa, I am also on Estrace, but only 6mg a day. It makes me a bit moody after a while, but I have not noticed anything else (this is my third FET and I had 1 mock cycle for ERA).

Your side effects sound really bad, though, you should make sure you talk to a doctor ASAP...

Do take care, give us an update soon <3
First ever FET on April 18th, 2019 -> 1st [email protected]= 7, 2nd [email protected] = 2.2... shooting star :(
Second FET on June 25th, 2019 ->1st [email protected]= 36, 2nd [email protected] = 2.3... another shooting star :(
Several tests to try explain poor implantation (CD-138, Mutations, Antibodies...) all negative except for TPO

#21 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:54 PM

Anyone else ever had issues with estrace? I am on 12 mg a day. Its only my third day and Im so nauseous, and Im sleeping like 10 plus hours a day. Im pretty paranoid about getting sick so I havent really left my house (except for essential things) but the side effects are crazy! Im waiting for a call back from the fertility clinic but I thought Id ask here if anyone had any tips for dealing with this?

Hi Melissa, I am also on Estrace, but only 6mg a day. It makes me a bit moody after a while, but I have not noticed anything else (this is my third FET and I had 1 mock cycle for ERA).

Your side effects sound really bad, though, you should make sure you talk to a doctor ASAP...

Thanks I did ask and if it continues I can start to take them vaginally but Im supposed to try to continue as is and see what happens
  • Apfel74 likes this

#22 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1126 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic/VFC

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:30 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm scheduled to have a FET end of July (21-24?). I've started suprafact injections daily and will start estrace July 1st.

I've been blessed with a 19 month old, which was my 2nd FET (after many years of ttc and 2 IVF Cycles). I'm trying for a sibling for my daughter now. I had a failed FET in November, and now my clinic has been bought by PCRM, so a bit nervous about dealing with a new doctor. Hoping it is successful.

Wishing we all get BFPs this July!!

#23 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:01 PM

Thanks I did ask and if it continues I can start to take them vaginally but Im supposed to try to continue as is and see what happens

Good that you managed to reach your doctor. i hope that you‘ll feel better soon!

#24 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:10 PM

My FET is tomorrow at 8:30 and I should sleep, but I can‘t stop thinking, googling statistics and success rates after several IVF attempts. Apparently, researches do show an increase in success rates on the third attempt!

... fingers crossed!
  • melissa87 likes this

#25 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:01 AM

How did it go?