#51 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:51 AM

Another lining check this morning and no change in thickness, perhaps even thinner...so frustrating.

#52 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 05 June 2020 - 09:26 AM

Oh geez returnable that must be so frustrating!! Are tgey going to change your meds or suggest anything new?

Tang71  

#53 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 05 June 2020 - 12:48 PM

returnable - sorry to hear about your lining frustrations :( I hate always feeling like my body is a failure - but that is what infertility does to us I suppose.

I too am curious how your clinic handles thin linings? When I asked at my first lining check about the patch or other options they said they wouldnt add that in at this point and that is usually something theyd start a cycle with. Anyways, I dont want to be discouraged about my FET just yet but want to be prepared with more info if I have to go through this again.

#54 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:36 PM

Well I am going to a daily patch on top of my vaginal estrace, but if my lining does not make progress by Monday, they may cancel my cycle.

So far we had tried just vaginal estrace, then adding the patch. One time we even tried a mini stim but that didn't work either. I guess some women don't absorb the vaginal estrace correctly. So far the combo has managed to grow my lining in the past, so I don't know what other options we would explore. The thing is when I started this whole IVF journey, my linings were awesome during my egg retrievals. At some point my lining just stopped behaving. ssb77 it does feel like your body is failing you and it is so frustrating but I believe I'm doing everything that is in my power. Ugggghhh....

#55 Desrok

Desrok
  • 6 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:45 AM

Hi guys!

Just wondering which clinic you are with because my clinic in Toronto keeps telling me they are waiting for the go ahead from Health Canadas Safety of Sperm and Ova Regulations before proceeding with my FET due to Covid. Looking at different forum and people seems to be proceeding with their treatment but not me 🙁

#56 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:36 AM

returnable - thanks for the info. So strange how the body reacts and changes. Im really hoping your cycle doesnt get cancelled and your lining cooperates!

I had my second lining check this morning and to my surprise, it measured 8mm. I asked the doctor if it really was 8mm because I couldnt believe it lol. I dont think Ive ever had that measurement (with IUI or FET). I think with my stim cycle my lining actually got to 8mm too but my estrogen was sky high and I had to freeze all because of it. Anyways, my transfer is scheduled for June 12th now. Its crazy because my daughter was transferred on June 12th 3 years ago. I was really hoping to not have the exact same date but we were planning to do this FET a month or two ago but then covid delayed us. Oh well, not much I can do!
  • Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#57 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:38 AM

Also, Desrok - I am in Calgary at RFP. They opened their doors back up May 6th for IVF and have slowly been adding things. First it was FET and now I think everything is available including the semen lab, HSGs, SHGs etc.

#58 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 316 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:53 AM

Desrok - are you using egg or sperm donor?  The new donor regulations had come into effect in February, right before covid hit us, and I know my clinic is still figuring out how to navigate the new changes.  We are using donor embryos, but our doctor has said that she does not believe the new regulations apply to us based on our circumstances.  Our embryos were made for personal use by our donors and when their family was complete they donated the remaining embryos to us.  Whereas I think the regulations specifically apply to people who are specifically going through the process for donating eggs/sperm, so I'm not sure what new things need to be put in place for that, but our clinic has also mentioned it has made the process much more difficult than it had been in the past.  SO all that to say, if you are just using egg/sperm donor that could be the delay as the new regulations came up right before covid and then they've been busy with covid related things so they are probably just catching up on the new regulations and what that will look like for those patients.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#59 Desrok

Desrok
  • 6 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

Thanks guys for your input! Maybe its a province thing... not sure but just disappointing. My FET was cancelled in March because of Covid and waiting since then. We used egg donor and my embryos have been frozen for more than 2 years. I know they have new regulations but for new people I believe not those that cycle were completed and embryos frozen. I had my little boy one year ago with a FET and want to go for a second one but I am 45 so time is becoming challenging unfortunately.

#60 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:13 PM

ssb77 - I am so happy that your lining just plumped up.

Desrok - we are also using frozen embryos from three years ago, and our clinic has posed no challenge to another transfer.

#61 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:26 PM

Hi All,

I just started estrace on Thursday in preparation for a FET later this month. Im so excited!! My lining check will be on or around June 18 with transfer around a week later.

Desrok - its so hard to wait, especially when things arent par across the country. I hope you get to transfer soon!

Ssb - congrats on a great lining and a transfer date!

Returnable - I hope youre lining starts responding and thickens. Ive been there before when my lining takes longer to thicken fingers crossed for you!
  • yaenaSK and Daisy.Eriksen like this

#62 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:46 AM

BabyforQ welcome! You've had a long road since your last pregnancy, so I hope thinks look up for you with a different clinic.

AFM at my lining check they gave me a range of 5.5 to 6.6 mm, so I'm hoping that there is finally some progress and they'll let me keep going.

#63 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 11:26 AM

returnable - thats good to hear! Fingers crossed they allow you to continue. Is your minimum cutoff 7mm?

#64 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:19 PM

returnable - thats good to hear! Fingers crossed they allow you to continue. Is your minimum cutoff 7mm?

Yes the RE just wants me to reach 7 mm to transfer as he finds the same results at  7 and 8 mm.

#65 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:13 AM

Daisy - I believe your transfer is today and I just wanted to wish you well! Hope it all goes smoothly :)

And BCMom - is your transfer tomorrow?

#66 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:24 AM

Yes good luck Daisy and BCMom!

#67 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:33 AM

Daisy: hope it goes well today! Thinking about you!

Thanks yes my transfer is tomorrow morning!!🙂

Tang71  

#68 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:35 AM

Ssb77: yours isnt very far away either!

Returnable: so happy for you that you can continue!!

Tang71  

#69 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 403 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:18 AM

Thanks, everyone! It's at 1:30 (2ish hours from now), so I'm just having a lazy morning. I often get stomachaches when I have a full bladder, so it's nice to have many hours to slowly build up to it.

Returnable, so happy you can continue!

BCMom, good luck tomorrow!

ssb, such good news to hit 8mm as a surprise! Hope Friday goes well!

Welcome BabyforQ! I don't think we've cycled together but I've seen your name and followed you in the past. I hope your lining grows well and this is your month!

Steph, hope things are going well for you and you're able to make the right decision for you as to one or two embryos.

Hi Desrok - that is so disappointing. I'm at a downtown Toronto clinic. We were able to ship in frozen donor eggs from the US in Feb (after the Regs came into place) and make embryos before the shutdown. The only way the Regs changed things for us is that we need to do our viral blood work every 6 months instead of every year. It is strange that your clinic hasn't sorted out what to do to comply with the Regs yet, and especially surprising your already created embryos aren't an exception. Maybe the clinic needs to learn more about the source of your donor eggs, or maybe like cj said, there's been a delay in trying to sort things out because of the pandemic. Or maybe your clinic is reopening at a different pace than some other clinics? In any event, I hope you don't have too much longer to wait.

• Carter81 likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#70 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 403 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:05 PM

day 6 blast on board! now we wait and pray. beta on June 22. so far away, I'm definitely testing at home before that! 

• Carter81 likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#71 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:41 PM

day 6 blast on board! now we wait and pray. beta on June 22. so far away, I'm definitely testing at home before that! 

Congratulations on being PUPO!! So wishing you success!! Stick little embryo stick and snuggle in!! ;-)

Tang71  

#72 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

Congratulations! That is such a long wait. Fingers crossed for you.

#73 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

Congrats on being PUPO Daisy!!

BC Mom - good luck tomorrow!!

Returnable - I hope theres some great progress with you lining - fingers crossed!! Im trying to figure out how to do acupuncture to help my lining, but theres not a lot of options! I found one clinic but they are only accepting patients twice a week during a two hour window that really doesnt work for me ... sigh ...

#74 StephSherwood

StephSherwood
  • 36 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:27 AM

Congratulations, and I am sending good wishes your way!!!  

#75 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:01 PM

Well one pretty little 4 AB embryo is now on board...
It went pretty smoothly
Fingers crossed!! Beta on June 19

Attached Files

• Daisy.Eriksen, StephSherwood and Carter81 like this

Tang71