30 replies to this topic

#26 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 296 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:06 PM

ssb77 - my clinic says they have the same chance as well.  My clinic transfers embryos based on which reach blastocyst stage the fastest, not based on grading.  You might want to ask how your clinic picks which ones they transfer first.  

AFM - I had my ultrasound.  Surprise surprise I apparently have a polyp (insert eye roll), I had a bunch removed in November.  So we are cancelling and taking Provera to bring on my period and then doing a sonohysterogram again to make sure there isn't an issue, and then I guess that's going to put us at like a July ish transfer.  My RE wants to make sure everything is good as this is our final embryo.  Which I get and appreciate.  I was just looking forward to it all being done.  sigh.  Good luck in your cycles ladies!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp6dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp6dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp6dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp6dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#27 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 345 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:07 PM

cj, I'm sorry to hear about your cycle cancellation. Even though it's for the best to make sure the polyps aren't going to cause any trouble, it's so disappointing to have to cancel and wait some more. Especially after two weeks of meds. I hope the next steps don't take too long.

ssb, hope your blood work went well today. It looks like June 2 will be a busy day for this group!

Returnable, I'm glad that you have been given the go-ahead and that the consents were easier this time! (And, happy to help with your questions - returning the favour after all your helpful DEB info last year!)

Just getting used to estrace again here, and trying not to stress out too much about the possibility of getting sick and having my cycle cancelled, even though I rarely leave my apartment. 

Hope you all have a good weekend!

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

More about my journey in my profile

#28 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3131 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

cj123 - so sorry to hear about the polyps. I totally understand your mental game.

AFM - my bloodwork checked out so I started meds today. I'm in for a lining ALSO on June 2nd, though for me it's to see whether I need the patch. The clinic experience in many ways was better than before as having an appointment time made the process very fast.

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#29 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 128 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:06 PM

cj123 - so sorry to hear about the delays! I hope everything gets sorted out quickly so you can get going again.

This first bit before the lining check ultrasound is tough! Im hoping my lining is thickening appropriately.. its hard not knowing how things are going ha.

#30 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3131 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:14 PM

I hear you ssb77. Sometimes it's the not knowing that's the hardest. I don't expect a fast growing lining, so just want to see if I have to add the patch on top of my vaginal estrace. How are you doing otherwise?

#31 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 128 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:26 PM

returnable - I am doing ok.. quite a bit more anxious this time around it seems. Today I felt that getting a cold/sick feeling and so I am just so paranoid about covid and having to cancel my cycle! So this is whats probably adding to my nerves. I actually feel better tonight though and googled side effects of estradiol and think I am just really feeling the hormones lol. I had to add more estrogen last time for 6 more days because my lining wasnt thick enough at the first check so Im very curious to see where Im at on Tuesday.