* * * * - 4 votes

May/June FET

305 replies to this topic

#226 MyersB

MyersB
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:22 PM

Hi! I'm hoping that I'm not too late to join this group as I'm new to this and just had my first FET today. 

I'm in a same sex partnership and after 4 failed IUIs last fall I did IVF #1 in Feb 2020 and had one blast PGS tested abnormal. Did another round of IVF right when the clinic opened end of May after PGS testing had 2 mosaic embryos and just transferred one of those today.  Beta on July 13th. 

#227 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:39 PM

Ssb77 – the repeat beta reqs are awesome. It does give so much reassurance. You have very nicely increasing numbers.

BabyforQ – I keep convincing myself not to test. I guess I fear a false negative more than anything. Plus now I am just three days away and with the holiday tomorrow I wouldn’t even be able to get a test.

MyersB - Welcome!

#228 Elspeth

Elspeth
  • 29 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:40 PM

I'm not sure when my clinic started testing progesterone - it definitely adds stress during the 2ww.

I always have bloodwork at 7am or so. I typically take my meds as I am running out the door (I live 2 seconds from the hospital) so maybe the meds aren't fully registering in my system by blood draw (would have been 9 hours or so since my last dose) - I'm grasping at straws here trying to stay positive LOL

My husband and I talked tonight and I'll probably test early. He can tell how this is affecting me so said if it's positive, I can stop stressing and if it's negative, I can grieve and we can figure out our next steps (would we do another round of IVF? - we always said no but I'm not sure we are ready to give up). I'm aiming to get to Friday. He's off work now till Monday so maybe the distraction will help!

#229 blue84

blue84
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:14 PM

BCmom and returnable - my beta last week was great, 5226 and Im doubling a bit faster than expected! Ill be 6w tomorrow and my first scan is July 2! No major symptoms, but Ive had brown spotting for a week and occasionally passing some tiny clots that look like coffee grounds. Trying to take it easy and drink lots of water as the clinic said.

BCmom how are you feeling? Whats your Edd?

Returnable - how do you feel? Hopefully your beta this Friday is good! (I waited to beta this time and I was happy I did!)
  • BabyforQ likes this

#230 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:48 AM

Blue that's awesome! I am still symptomless but only two more days to o go to beta. I felt hopeful at the beginning because I felt similar to my first pregnancy. Now with all symptoms gone I have a feeling this will be a bust. But of course the beta will tell.

#231 blue84

blue84
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:59 AM

Returnable I was convinced it didnt work, as all of my symptoms (bloat, sore boobs, tiredness) I just attributed to the pio. I was so shocked! (Especially since my doctor recommended a surrogate)

#232 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:09 AM

Sending out positive thoughts and baby dust to those of you waiting for betas and transfers :-)

Afm, i have now had a liners worth of bleeding just while i am sleeping for two nights now, first night reddish tinged second night (last night) red. Seems to taper off really fast in the morning and nothing all day. Clinic gave me beta test yesterday (got 17,142 which seems good) but numbers are inconclusive really at this stage and has booked an earlier scan for me this friday when i will be 6 weeks.

Really dont know what to think. Scared but also think its odd that its only at night...could be sch and blood pools up while im sleeping/lieing down for long periods?

Tang71  

#233 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:11 AM

Returnable I was convinced it didnt work, as all of my symptoms (bloat, sore boobs, tiredness) I just attributed to the pio. I was so shocked! (Especially since my doctor recommended a surrogate)

Blue i was also surprised by the positive result!!

Tang71  

#234 blue84

blue84
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:38 AM

Sending out positive thoughts and baby dust to those of you waiting for betas and transfers :-)

Afm, i have now had a liners worth of bleeding just while i am sleeping for two nights now, first night reddish tinged second night (last night) red. Seems to taper off really fast in the morning and nothing all day. Clinic gave me beta test yesterday (got 17,142 which seems good) but numbers are inconclusive really at this stage and has booked an earlier scan for me this friday when i will be 6 weeks.

Really dont know what to think. Scared but also think its odd that its only at night...could be sch and blood pools up while im sleeping/lieing down for long periods?

Hopefully its just a small sch. I totally understand your concern and when I started spotting and passing clots a week ago I googled everything like crazy, which didnt really give me any reassurance. My clinic said to rest and drink lots of water. Hopefully theyll see your little bean on Friday (my scan is tomorrow and Im starting to get excited and think positive). Will your husband be able to attend your scan?

#235 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

Hopefully its just a small sch. I totally understand your concern and when I started spotting and passing clots a week ago I googled everything like crazy, which didnt really give me any reassurance. My clinic said to rest and drink lots of water. Hopefully theyll see your little bean on Friday (my scan is tomorrow and Im starting to get excited and think positive). Will your husband be able to attend your scan?

Yay for thinking positive and seeing your little bean! :-)

Yes my husband can come with me for the scan. Cross fingers all is well!!

It does seem to point towards an sch in my opinion....

Tang71  

#236 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

Returnable - most of my symptoms have gone away too. Just sore boobs and a bit tired but nothing else really. I attribute most to all the meds. I was super positive at the beginning, but wavering more now, if it implanted it would have done so by now. Im not going to test early - Im too afraid of what I will see and disappointment. I know theres no reason this wouldnt have worked, but after lots of disappointment, hard to be confident.

Blue and BCMom - bleeding is terrifying during early pregnancy, especially after everything we go through to get that positive! Glad you will both be getting scans soon to help put your mind at ease.

#237 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

Blue84 how did your scan go? :-)edit: oops its still early! Good luck!!

Tang71  

#238 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

Returnable - most of my symptoms have gone away too. Just sore boobs and a bit tired but nothing else really. I attribute most to all the meds. I was super positive at the beginning, but wavering more now, if it implanted it would have done so by now. Im not going to test early - Im too afraid of what I will see and disappointment. I know theres no reason this wouldnt have worked, but after lots of disappointment, hard to be confident.

Blue and BCMom - bleeding is terrifying during early pregnancy, especially after everything we go through to get that positive! Glad you will both be getting scans soon to help put your mind at ease.

I'm pretty symptom free. I also don't want to test early in case of a false negative and being disappointed for nothing. Just be cautious about expectations, as even if all the starts align, the success rate is 55-65% with each transfer. I just can't wait to know tomorrow...

#239 blue84

blue84
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:45 PM

BCMom - it went great! Baby is measuring perfect and we got to see the heart flicker! No sch or any bleeding at all noted, which is good and my brown spotting finally stopped after a week! Good luck tomorrow!

Returnable - good luck tomorrow!!
  • returnable and Daisy.Eriksen like this

#240 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:05 PM

Great news Blue84!!!

Good luck with your scan tomorrow BCMom.

Good luck with your beta tomorrow!!

AFM - 6dp5dt ... 4 more sleeps until beta 🙏🤞
  • returnable likes this

#241 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:59 PM

So exciting blue! Glad your ultrasound went well.

Hope yours does too BCMom!

And fingers crossed for you returnable for tomorrow!! Good for you for holding out until beta.

I had my repeat bloodwork done today and my hcg went up to 14550 so its on track. My bleeding stopped in less than 24hrs and I havent had any since so Im hoping Im in the clear now. Never know though!
  • returnable likes this

#242 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:39 PM

BFN for me :(

#243 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 01:21 PM

Im so sorry returnable :( Take some time to heal and been good to yourself. This is such a hard journey. Sending hugs.
  • returnable likes this

#244 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:29 PM

Oh returnable....how disapointing....so unfair!! after you take some time for self care and to grieve do you have any plans to move forward?

Tang71  

#245 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

Got a surprise at my scan....one sac had a baby and heartbeat measuring 6w1d right on track and there was another sac! The embryo split! However he couldnt see the baby in the second one ..could be a bit behind in growth maybe...? or it might vanish ..i dont want to be greedy and i know its risky but i really hope both little beans stick around!!
  • Daisy.Eriksen and Rose887 like this

Tang71  

#246 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:34 PM

BCMom - it went great! Baby is measuring perfect and we got to see the heart flicker! No sch or any bleeding at all noted, which is good and my brown spotting finally stopped after a week! Good luck tomorrow!

Returnable - good luck tomorrow!!

Yay!! So happy for you!! :-)

Tang71  

#247 Rose887

Rose887
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

Wow BCMom, thats exciting!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

#248 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:10 PM

Oh returnable....how disapointing....so unfair!! after you take some time for self care and to grieve do you have any plans to move forward?

I'm supposed to arrange an appointment with the RE. I start work on the 13th and with starting our son in daycare I think I prefer to delay until September as we also want to go camping since all three vacation plans had fallen through this year. It will be our last embryo, and that will be our end. Congratulations on maybe twins!

#249 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:33 AM

BCMom - congrats! Thats so exciting! When will you go for your next scan?

Ssb77 - great your number is up so much. Do you have a scan soon? Great news there is no more bleeding

Elspeth & Babylu - how are you both doing/feeling? Babylu - when is your beta? Elspeth I believe yours is tomorrow as well.

I have been trying not to symptom spot but its so hard. Ive been up and down with energy/fatigue (but its also so hot out). I have the odd bit of cramping but nothing like the early days after the transfer. My boobs are soooooo sore and are bigger. Could be the meds. Dont remember having them be this uncomfortable the previous transfers. I go for my beta first thing tomorrow morning 🤞🙏🤞🙏🤞

#250 Elspeth

Elspeth
  • 29 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:35 AM

So excited to hear about those who have gotten their BFPs and had good first scans.

Hugs to those who need it. Please take care of yourselves. This journey is so cruel at times.

I've been doing ok. I had some crazy nausea and headaches that started last Wednesday but it all pretty much disappeared last night. I was worried the stress was getting to me so took a HPT (dollar store cheapie) at 4am July 4. It was positive but seemed pretty faint for 11dp5dt. My husband and I went about our day but then I was all kinds of nervous when waking up this morning so tested with SMU and the line is pretty much the same. I probably shouldn't have tested as now I am even more stressed. The line should be darker by now. Beta is at 7am tomorrow. Last cycle ended as an early loss at 6 weeks (and my lines were similar) so I don't know what to think. Hoping our little 2BB was just a late implanter....