305 replies to this topic

#1 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 11 May 2020 - 02:27 PM

Hey Everyone!  Anyone else doing a FET?  I am on my day one so my transfer will likely be around June 1.  We have one final embryo.  Last chance for one more baby.  Day 6 3BB.  We will see how it goes!

• ssb77 likes this

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:15 PM

cj123, I'm expecting AF in about a week, and hoping to go forward with a transfer as well. Still not confident that my monitoring clinic will be able to handle cases for my transfer clinic, though they seemed pretty confident when I spoke with them last week. I guess, as you, I have been in this game for a while that I'm always hesitant to be positive that things will go forward.

#3 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:19 AM

Hi! I just found out I am going in for my day 3 bloodwork on Tuesday! I've been on Lupron Depot since February, and the timing of my fourth shot lined up just right to start the FET process on the first day my clinic is officially re-opened. 

I am excited and nervous. It will be interesting to see how all the screening measures play out.

We are trying for our first child. This will be my sixth transfer (third with donor eggs) so fingers crossed this will be it! But for the first time, we have extra embryos so it takes a little pressure off.

Good luck to both of you!

• returnable and Carter81 like this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#4 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:12 AM

Oh Daisy I really hope this is your lucky try. I'm happy that we'll hopefully be on the journey together.

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#5 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:04 PM

Thanks, returnable! I'm glad we can be on this journey together! Have you heard anything more from your monitoring clinic?

CJ did you have your day 3 check today? how did things go?

TTC since 2013

#6 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:04 PM

I won't contact the clinic until day 1 Daisy so we'll see. Good luck tomorrow and let me know how things go. I forgot who is your RE?

#7 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:04 PM

That makes sense! Day 1 expected next week sometime?

Thanks! I'll go in on Tuesday, will definitely let you know how it goes! My RE is Dr. N. 

TTC since 2013

#8 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:47 AM

Hey guys!  Sorry I've been working the last couple days so I haven't been on here (I'm a nurse, working 12 hour shifts).  

Daisy, I'm not familiar with your FET protocol but mine is very easy.  So I had my day 3 bloodwork done in the last few months to make sure my hormones are all where they need to be, and that bloodwork is good for a year.  So my protocol for FET looks like this Day 1 start taking 3 mg oral estrace twice daily and once daily 81 mg oral aspirin.  Day 7 I up my estrace to 4mg twice a day.  Day 12 I have an ultrasound to check my lining, then my transfer is usually scheduled for about a week later.  I start progesterone vaginally 5 days before transfer and stay on all meds until 10 or 12 weeks, I can't remember.  

I have never had to do lupron (which sounds intense), and my FET protocol is so easy compared to IVF!  My first FET was successful and our last one in February didn't work.  This is our last embryo and whether it works or not is our last try.  We are strictly male factor, so there is nothing wrong with me fertility wise, so maybe that's why my protocol is a bit less complicated?

What are your protocols like?  And I sure hope this is a successful cycle for us all!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

#9 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Daisy - AF should arrive at the beginning of the week.

cj123 - last pregnancy it took me around 30 days to grow my lining. We'll see if it goes that long this time. I start at 12 mg estrace vaginally and start on the 81 mg aspirin and go in for a lining check after 9 or 10 days. Last time they also had to add a patch, but eventually I got there and did have a successful transfer. I did the full workup (bloodwork, ultrasound and sono) in February and my current protocol is valid until June. I can't imagine being a nurse right now. It must be pretty intense. Oh and we have two more embryos frozen, and whether they work or not, this will be it for us as well.

#10 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:10 AM

cj thank you for your work as a nurse! <3 

Your protocol sounds like my first FET, except I've always had to do my day 3 bloodwork the day I start estrace. So nice to have the baseline work done earlier!

Returnable, such a high dose of estrace! I hope your lining cooperates this time and doesn't take too too long to reach appropriate thickness.

My protocol is sort of a similar idea to those. I was on Lupron depot to treat mild endometriosis since Feb. I was supposed to start estrace in mid April, so only a one-month delay isn't bad at all.

I have an assigned day 3 (Tues) two weeks after my last shot, when I will go in for blood work. I'll start vaginal estrace on day 3. I assume it will be 2mg twice a day to start, then increased to 4mg twice a day. Lining check is usually day 14 (12 days of estrace) but I usually need another 3 days to reach my usual max thickness, so I'm hoping they wait a few days before bringing me in for my lining check. I'd like to limit my clinic visits.

Then I'll be on PIO and Crinone prior to the transfer, and Fragmin starting day of transfer. 

This is my first cycle with Lupron, the two kinds of progesterone, and Fragmin, so hopefully they make a difference!

Hope you're having a good long weekend!

TTC since 2013

#11 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:33 PM

Hi all! Hoping to join in on this thread. It has been 3 years since my last transfer and I found this forum so useful! Bit of a background - unexplained infertility. Did first IVF in 2017, had to freeze all due to possible OHSS. First FET about 2 months later was successful and our daughter just turned 2. I dont want to be insensitive to any of you trying for your first because I know how hard this journey can be but I am surprised how emotional I am this time around too! Anyways, my period is due any day now. Then, similar to a few of you Ill start estradiol on day 2, lining check and some bloodwork on day 14, then progesterone and transfer 5 days later. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)
  • Daisy.Eriksen and StephSherwood like this

#12 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:19 PM

Hi everybody :-)

Excited to be able to give this another go!! Took the last couple months to try and get a bit healthier,lose a bit of weight and mentally balance myself a bit...
I do feel a bit better!! So maybe the delay was a blessing in disguise...

Trying to decide how much exercise i can safely continue after transfer....what is everyones thoughts/drs orders on exercise after transfer?

I feel like its getting harder to find some positivity...some hope with each failure....so im glad for this forum and the sippport within it!

Maybe this will be the one!!

Today was my cycle day 1 and startibg estrogen....ultrasound june 2nd. Not sure yet when transfer will be...

Wishing you all success!!

Tang71  

#13 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 02:20 PM

Welcome ssb77 and BCMom.

I think today or tomorrow will be cycle day #1 for me. Hopefully I get the green light when I call.

Daisy, what are you doing for the FET form? Normally both partners had to sign it at the clinic. Have you been given any guidance on that?

#14 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:24 PM

Welcome ssb77 and BCMom!  

Returnable - 30 days to grow your lining!  Wow!  Hopefully everything grows well for you this cycle! 

ssb77- Welcome!  I am trying for my 3rd baby (1st adopted traditionally, 2nd I carried myself), I think each transfer can cause it's own worry, stress and emotions.  Even though I am distracted with my busy boys, I still get anxious about doing the whole transfer things again and thinking about where I'll be mentally if it all fails.  

BCMom - since my last transfer I have been moving more and eating better.  Lost a few pounds.  But what I have read is to limit intense exercise.  I plan on moving but maybe not doing the weights and stuff that I have been doing.  I think that I will still plan to just do my walks and maybe a little bit of body weight movements, yoga maybe?  I think the biggest thing is you need to be comfortable with what you choose to do.  If the transfer fails would you beat yourself up for exercising?(hoping this is a positive for you of course!)  I think whatever makes you comfortable along with the advice of your dr is important.  

AFM : my clinic requires me to have a review with my Dr, which we are doing tomorrow over the phone ( I live a couple hours from my clinic).  I'm assuming it will be just all the new procedures in relation to Covid, so I'm honestly not expecting it to be anything too exciting.  My lining check ultrasound is on Friday!

• returnable likes this

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#15 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

Welcome ssb! Good luck!

BCMom, so glad to hear from you and that you can get started again. I hope this is your time! I can understand losing hope a bit... I am excited but also managing expectations. 

Returnable, the consent process is so much better than before. A nurse called me and asked for my email address. They asked to speak to my husband and got his email address directly from him. If he wasn't there, they would call him directly. This confirms identity and seems to take the place of official witnessing. I got an email from DocuSign to review and sign documents electronically. I had to fill in my name in a few places, and then I could either draw my own initials/ signature, or adopt a pre-drawn version. Once I submitted my copy, my husband got an email from DocuSign. He had to approve the same consents I did, and also initialled and signed. We did this for our consent to thaw, and for our covid consent. Then we each got an email with the signed documents. 

Also, the clinic's Instagram page posted a good video today showing what the screening process will be like at the downtown office. So helpful. 

I had my prescreening call today, they asked a lot of questions. Have I been in an airplane, live with someone who is positive or self isolating, asked about symptoms: fever, aches, headache, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, rash, loss of appetite, change in taste or smell, and possibly some other things. I'll be asked again tomorrow at the clinic. First blood work tomorrow.

ssb and returnable, hope your day 1s start soon and you get the go ahead!

cj and bcmom, hope you're feeling good on the estrogen. cj, hope your lining check goes well on Fri!

TTC since 2013

#16 StephSherwood

StephSherwood
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:13 AM

Hi All -  Hope everyone is having a nice Monday.   I would love to be a part of this thread.  

I'm hoping to do a FET in late June.  Starting on Suprefact injections today, and then will be starting Estrogen after my period.  Ultrasound June 15, and FET date TBD. 

I haven't done a FET before, only a fresh transfer in 2017.  (We were extremely lucky, and had a boy in 2018.  I am so sensitive to the fact that most don't have success the first time, and my heart goes out to all of you).  From that cycle, we have one "good quality" embryo, and one "not as good" embryo, so if this doesn't work we'll be starting from scratch again.  

Question for you all - when you started on medication, did you quit coffee/caffeine?  I'm only at 1 small cup per day, but am wondering if I should cut it out entirely.  Am trying to eat really healthy, and limit sugar, etc.

@ssb77 I think we have somewhat similar timelines :) I'm also at RFP, and we did our first IVF in 2017.  Have you been taking the Suprefact as well?  

I have fingers crossed for all of you, and am wishing you all the very best.  

#17 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:22 PM

Thanks everyone, happy to be part of this group!

Steph- I havent been taking suprefact as its not part of my protocol (essentially I dont downregulate or suppress, just take estrogen as that should be enough to stop ovulation though there is a possibility the cycle gets cancelled if I do happen to ovulate). I didnt take suprefact for my IVF cycle (did an antagonist cycle back in 2017) so when it came time for my FET after the freeze all I just discussed all the options with the doc and decided to do it this way and luckily it worked! So they told me well do the exact same thing for this FET. Also as for the caffeine, I am planning to stop completely for the cycle. I did last time for IVF/FET so I will this time too even though Im sure it doesnt make much of a difference ha.

My period came today so Ill start the meds tomorrow, yay!

#18 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 04:01 PM

ssb77 - I bet you've never been so excited to get your period.  Yay for getting the cycle started!

StephSherwood - I don't drink coffee (which is crazy considering I am a nurse who works shift work), so I don't have to cut that out, I can't stand the flavour!  But I'm sure if you wanted to keep doing one small cup a day that would be fine!  Don't stress too much, I'm sure either way you'll have a chance with this transfer! 

AFM we had a phone review with our Dr today which was just going over Covid things.  Then also just talked about some new regulations in regards to using our donor embryos.  Sounds like we are grandfathered in (have a child from this cohort of embryos already) and we just have to sign another consent form that says we know our Donors didn't have genetic testing done and we are ok with that.  Ultrasound on Friday morning at 8 (after my night shift) and then we will get our transfer day when results come back from the ultrasound.  Excited to see whether we will have one more baby or if our family is complete.  This process is exhausting.  Ready to just move on with life.  

• StephSherwood likes this

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#19 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

Daisy
How was your visit to your clinic today? I hope it went well!! Was it totally weird and lots of precautions? I am thinking it will be much different than before when i finally go to mine for my ultrasound....

Tang71  

#20 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 06:29 AM

Welcome Steph!

ssb, that's exciting to be starting meds today! I am too! :)

cj, the process is so exhausting, isn't it? 

BCMom, it went well! My lining check is same day as yours - June 2. I started estrace today. I thought I should have started yesterday, but just following the instructions in my app.

Have any of you physically been in your clinic since it reopened? Here is my experience at my downtown clinic.

I was the first appointment of the first day back - 7 am. I think they scheduled 2-3 people per 15 minutes, so a lot fewer people than usual. We had a little issue with the elevator not allowing access to the clinic floor so that was a little bit stressful. At the clinic, I was given a surgical mask, had my temperature taken, got a wristband to prove I had been screened. Everyone was in full PPE and lots of plexiglass barriers. They had about half the chairs in the waiting room, and I know from the video they posted, we will wait for nurses in a different waiting room. I only did blood work, so haven't experienced ultrasound, nurse or pharmacy yet. They have lots of foot prints and arrows on the floor to tell you where to go and stand. It felt a little disorienting and I didn't quite settle until I had my blood work done. But everyone was friendly and there was this air of anticipation, almost. Like people were glad to be back but also wary. It'll be interesting to see how things go in 2 weeks when they've had some time to start getting used to it. 

TTC since 2013

#21 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:44 PM

Daisy.Eriksen – thanks so much for all your helpful info and for sharing your clinic experience. I hope all went well and you’ll get the go-ahead. I know my monitoring clinic does not provide face masks, but they won’t see you unless you are wearing one. Everything is also by appointment only. I heard that they may tweak people’s protocols and start dates to try to time linings so that no weekend transfers occur. Maybe that’s why you started estrace on a different day than you thought.

BCMom – I admire you for being able to take time off to take care of yourself. Since covid-19 I’ve actually gained weight. I was basically at my pre-pregnancy weight before all this started.

cj123 – good luck with your ultrasound on Friday. I feel you about moving on one way or another, though we still have two embryos to try. Since we got a take home baby after 33 days of growing my lining the last time, I wouldn’t mind the same, though a shorter time with the same result would be more than welcome. It was a very stressful 33 days.

ssb77 – when is your lining check?

Steph – for my last transfer I stopped drinking coffee once I transferred. I think I’ll do the same. I was at two coffees a day for the past few months but have already dropped down to one.

AFM - AF finally arrived today and I go in for bloodwork on Friday. I'm so relieved. I was stressing that someone was going to tell me that they already had too many patients and that I'd have to wait another month. Daisy you were right about the consents. It was way easier this time. Before DH would have to get to work late because he left for work way before the clinic opened. I'm not sure yet when I'll get to start meds.

#22 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:41 PM

Exciting that things are moving along for everyone! I believe my lining check ultrasound will be June 2, which I see BCmom and Daisy also have the same day :) My last FET my lining didnt reach 7mm (my clinics cutoff for transfer) after 2 weeks of estrogen so I had to be on for another week. It actually only reached 6.9mm even after the extra days but they decided to transfer anyways so Im curious what will happen this time.

#23 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 08:58 PM

Hey question for you all - do any of you have any insight on day 5 vs day 6 embryos? Do your clinics think day 5s are better or is there no difference? I talked to the embryologist today since I couldnt remember any of the grades of our embryos and our day 5 is a 4BB but we have some day 6s that are 4AAs and a 5AB and a 6BA (we were very fortunate with the number of embryos we produced). Im pretty sure well use the day 5 first since our other day 5 resulted in our daughter but curious what your clinics think about all this grading stuff?

#24 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:33 AM

At my clinic day 5 and day 6 have the same success. My last transfer was a day 6 (as are all my embryos) and he is currently having his morning nap.

#25 ssb77

ssb77
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:25 AM

Returnable - thats great to hear, thanks for sharing!