• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#101 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Kingswill

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:18 PM

Thanks @bibz trust baby is kicking well.

Please fam, what could make a hatching embryos not to implant with uterine line @ 12 and trilumiar.

Have been trying to find answers and what to do differently next time.

#102 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:51 PM

@motherof3 were they pgs tested embryos? Have you had all blood clotting and immune testing done? Could be something to investigate as pgs tested have a very good success rate overall but there could be an auto-immune lurking somewhere.

Yogi mamma -awesome news! Things are going fab, you must be getting so excited for the next cycle!!

Bibz how are you feeling??

And if I miss people please update as I love reading and seeing how everyone is doing.

I had a crazy day, really too much to explain but my Estradiol came back over 10,000pg/ml (37600 pmol) today NO JOKE my RE said he hasnt seen estrogen this high in a long long time, and that scared me. Im triggering tonight with Decapeptyl. There too much risk with an hcg trigger the dr said so Im using this instead. My RE called me tonight while he was at home which really was such a blessing and helped me feel more relaxed. I was unsure about whether to trigger tonight because so many of my follicles are still 14/15 ish with my leads being 22/20/18. He said due to the high and still rising estrogen there are enough mature eggs ready to go even if I think theres small. Plus still 48 hours from the scan this morning to retrieval Monday morning. So Im thinking positive that Ill have good maturity rates regardless of retrieval numbers. I started Azithromycin tonight which is standard for my clinic and INSTANT need to run to the bathroom :((( I hate that, one more thing to feel poopy about (literally) lol. So I trigger in half and hour and then wait. Im SO nervous, but to be honest Im so looking forward to the stress of this stage to be over. (Then onto the next stress phase). At least from here on out I truly feel Ive done everything I could to give my body the best chance and now its up to my little eggies. 🤍🤍🤍
  • LLLMD likes this

#103 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:24 PM

Hello gals,

First, thanks for everyone's updates and welcome to the new addition to our thread @islandecho and your updates.

I thought I'd take a bigger break from the forum but I guess I can't help myself, I am curious about everyone's stories.

I am particularly happy for misskika's 4 beautiful follicles. Quality over quantity, even if it is just one at the end of it all.

Islandecho, ask your doctor if you should consider something like gatorade to hydrate. I was paranoid about OHSS (even though I didn't have the hormone levels and follicle levels you've achieved) and I felt a lot of relief by hydrating well and replenishing my electrolytes. I always hated gatorade, but have discovered a new love for the G2 fruit punch flavour, hehe. I hope you stay healthy and have a good ER experience (if that is an actual thing).

to answer some questions about our PGTA testing: instead of doing 2 separate days of biopsies for each cycle and sending out cells for 2 separate assessments at the genetics lab, we chose to "batch" them and hence having to thaw out from the first round for biopsy plus have the fresh embryos biopsied.

Due to the pandemic, there is a delay in results arriving from the genetics lab. Cells were sent about 1.5 week ago and the clinic said that they expect the results to be here at latest mid-July. Since we are not preparing for a transfer right now, there is no urgency.

I am definitely glad to have had a reasonable number sent for assessment...10 is good...but I worry that out of that a bunch are abnormal :(

So that is it from me...I am thinking of you all even if I am not posting to replying individually.

best,

LLLMD 

#104 brea

brea
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:22 AM

@islandecho hoping you will get some decent mature follicles. How are things going? When do you retrieve?

@mother of 3 I am sorry for the BFN. Try be kind to yourself. 

@LLMD good to hear from you. 

AFM things are not looking good. I have my second beta later today and I decided to take a HPT and the line was thinner than it was when I first got a BFP. I don't know what to think. I don't feel any "symptoms" either. No more twitching/twinges. I am just sad. 

#105 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:25 AM

Retrieval is this morning, in 2 hours :S Im just ready to be done and move on with life. I really dont know whats going on in there.

#106 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:12 PM

@islandecho hoping you will get some decent mature follicles. How are things going? When do you retrieve?

@mother of 3 I am sorry for the BFN. Try be kind to yourself. 

@LLMD good to hear from you. 

AFM things are not looking good. I have my second beta later today and I decided to take a HPT and the line was thinner than it was when I first got a BFP. I don't know what to think. I don't feel any "symptoms" either. No more twitching/twinges. I am just sad. 

Please keep us posted! Im thinking of you & sending positive vibes your way!!

#107 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:51 PM

21 eggs retrieved. Will have more info tomorrow after fertilization report. Im anticipating the numbers dwindling, I cant even think about whats going to happen over the next five days. For now I have a massive headache and just wanna get home and lay down 🤙🏼 Sorry for the post and run I hope everyone is doing well.

#108 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:02 PM

Hi all,

This is likely my last post for a long time.

We got our PGT-A results back today. 9 of 10 embryos are abnormal (several trisomy and several monosomy, some with a combination of monosomy or trisomy plus another deletion or duplication).

One embryo is a "high level mosaic" with a deletion on one chromosome.

No euploid aka normal embryos.

Needless to say, husband and I are devastated. 

My reason to post is so that someone finds this info and knows this is one outcome after 2 rounds of IVF at age 40.

We aren't sure what we will do next. I don't see myself doing any more IVF, it is just too trying on my body and psyche. We will have a meeting to get some feedback from our doctor. I suspect he will say that this is not an unexpected outcome for my advanced age.

Love you all. This forum and this thread has been a lifesaver. Thanks for being there for us.

Best,

LLLMD

#109 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:21 AM

Well, ladies this is also my last post for awhile. My beta yesterday was as I had anticipated. It was a chemical pregnancy. First beta was 71 and second was 11. I have cried and cried and will cry for awhile and will drink wine and cry some more until I start the next cycle in August I hope. I will be doing FET with my two remaining embryos. In the meanwhile, stay safe and strong.

The END. 

#110 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:32 AM

LLMD Im so so sorry!! I am 39 so Im in your boat, though I have a week or so to see how many we can even SEND to testing. Im interested to see what your drs have to say as my RE has said it should be 40/60 healthy at 40 so that seems so frickin unfair that out of 10 there isnt one tested normal one :((((( I am so sorry youre going through this. Its heartbreaking to put every single thing you have into this and have it not go the way it needs to. I think I speak for all of us when I say were sending all our love your way. <3 Be kind to yourself please

Awww bibz Im so sorry, geez no happy news on here today :(( drink that wine and cry and dust yourself off for August. Ill be thinking about you too! let yourself heal and get back at it. <3

#111 Maybe

Maybe
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:48 AM

So true islandrcho!

LLLMD- its awful and I exactly know what you are going through. This journey is taxing and soul sucking. At 41, after 3ivfs, then PGT normal FET failing (every single test done before the transfer) I feel devastated.

Mourning and grieving is unending. If that makes sense! So hard to accept failure while they say you achieve if you put your mind and soul towards something.

Life is unfair and four weeks of grief tells me, we are alone in this. This heart wrenching pain !

I cant dare to suggest anything but only can send love !

@bibz- very very sorry for your loss! This is unfair without any explanation. The only silver lining (whenever you are ready to take in account) is that you at least had developing beta. That increases your chances of healthy implantation with the next transfer 🤞🏻

I wish and pray! We all on this forum are chasing one goal- and May we all reach it without any further heartaches or pain.. how?!?! I dont know 💔

#112 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:02 AM

Update for me. 21 retrieved, 19 were mature and 15 fertilized. Next update Friday day 4. Then day 5/6 they send for testing whatever make it. Im just hoping and praying we get a pgs normal. 🤞🏼

#113 daniella_2020

daniella_2020
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:04 AM

LLMD, I am so sorry. I know how it feels because I was there, too. This is really awful and I know there are no words to ease that pain. I am also 38 and I remember I felt very angry when I had my first BFN. Please don't be harsh to yourself, and don't blame yourself. It's not our fault, it is a very unjust thing that happens to us.

Bibz, I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know if it is not a consolation but it is good that you have two more embryos to try. I had only 1 embryo in my first IVF which ended BFN. It is a process of mourning and healing I guess,  I wish all the best for you.

islandrcho, congrats on your retrievel. I hope you get the best out of those eggs

YogiMama your numbers are great! I hope you are doing good.

MissKika are there any updates?

On my end, I got my fertilization results from the lab yesterday. 2 out of 6 embryos were good enough to freeze. So we have two frozen embryos. We don't want the PGT. We have have follow-up appointment with our doctor in two weeks to discuss what do we do next.

• LLLMD likes this

#114 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:49 AM

Motherof3, LLLMD & Bibz- I am so sorry and send you tons of love. I wish you a lot of patience and hope to navigate the next steps on your journey.

Ive been trying to stay busy and off of the internet these last few days (also went camping as a distraction!) and do hope that all ladies are progressing well. You are all in my thoughts as eggs grow, embryos develop and testing is completed.

A bit shocked to write this but out of our three little fertilized eggs, one has already been frozen as a 5 day blast and biopsy sent out for testing. We still have two other embryos they are growing out another day, one of which they think will make it. Im honestly so impressed by my doctor and lab to make this possible. So thankful to reach this stage and thankful my protocol was quality focused this round and the doc addressed underlying estrogen issues. Praying that at least one of these little ones is genetically normal and a FET can happen!

Big hugs to all.
  • yaenaSK and LLLMD like this

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#115 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:14 PM

Got my results today on my embryos which is my day 4, tomorrow they will be biopsied for testing. Unfrickinbelievably all 15 fertilized are compacting and moving right along as expected! I was so shocked I almost couldnt breathe. It feels like this whole journey youre constantly preparing for the worst but I actually got good news! So the embryologist said today until tomorrow will be most crucial so they will biopsy tomorrow and possibly Sunday if any need another day. She will call again Sunday and let me know how many they sent, but made sure to say because of my age prepare for 40% which id still be thrilled with!!!
  • 33sunflowers likes this

#116 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 11:13 PM

How quickly we fall sometimes lol. I got the call today that only FOUR of the 15 could be biopsied for testing. I emailed my re to try to see if he could give us any insight into how we went from 15 on day 4, to 4 sent for testing. I wonder if my estrogen being WAY to high couldve damaged my eggs. That was my concern when I found out my estrogen was 37,600 on trigger date. My re told me I was obv on way too high a dose and the next time they would put me on a lower dose....really? Are you paying as well?
Anyways its no ones fault, it is what it is, but its all out of pocket and though we could afford another round, Id be more likely to go buy a camper or nice trip and do some fun stuff for us than down this road again. Im hoping to God one of those 4 come back normal but to be honest Im not holding my breath since we lost so many seemingly overnight. Its such a rollercoaster, Friday the embryologist told us to prepare for more to send for testing, but remember 40% and today we only have 4.

#117 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:28 AM

@islandecho I am sorry to hear about your drop in number of embryos. This journey can be cruel :(  But at least you have those four. Also, the fact that you started out with 15 embies is fantastic! Perhaps there is still a chance for another try? I'm trying to hang on to hope. When are you thinking of doing FET

@misskika great news that you have one ready and another on the way. I wish and hope that one, just is the one for you. 

@daniella also great news on your end that you got two frozen! When do you think you will be doing your transfer? 

@maybe thanks for the kind words. It's a rough journey. Where do you stand with your next step (s)? Holding on to hope for you and for all of us. 

@mother of 3 & LLMD any plans? I am so sorry for you both. I know it might be too soon but when you find the strength to share, it will be great to hear your news (whatever that may be). 

@yogimama, I saw your post on the July FET. I hope things are progressing well for you. Sending baby dust. 

AFM, I have somewhat emerged from my hole (I should say I just peeked out) and I will be doing a natural FET in August. My "period" just ended after stopping PIO and I'm praying my body adjusts back to its natural cycle soon. If all goes well, I expect the transfer will be in mid August or a little later. I will keep posting on the August FET group that someone started. If any of you are planning an August transfer please share updates and progress et cetera. 

I have also decided that if the FET doesn't work I'm going to do another IVF cycle in the fall. 

#118 33sunflowers

33sunflowers
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RFC

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:42 PM

Hi everyone,

I have been reading your stories and want to thank you for sharing. I am older as well (40) on my second ivf. My first ivf was a bit of a shock and reality check (naively I thought it was easy) since I had 12 eggs but ended with 2 bad quality embryos that didnt take. However,my hubby and I are hopeful on our second ivf. Today is my Day 1, produced 20 eggs, and had 12 mature and 12 fertilized. We are having our fingers crossed.

#119 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:54 PM

@islandecho I am sorry to hear about your drop in number of embryos. This journey can be cruel sad.png  But at least you have those four. Also, the fact that you started out with 15 embies is fantastic! Perhaps there is still a chance for another try? I'm trying to hang on to hope. When are you thinking of doing FET

@misskika great news that you have one ready and another on the way. I wish and hope that one, just is the one for you. 

@daniella also great news on your end that you got two frozen! When do you think you will be doing your transfer? 

@maybe thanks for the kind words. It's a rough journey. Where do you stand with your next step (s)? Holding on to hope for you and for all of us. 

@mother of 3 & LLMD any plans? I am so sorry for you both. I know it might be too soon but when you find the strength to share, it will be great to hear your news (whatever that may be). 

@yogimama, I saw your post on the July FET. I hope things are progressing well for you. Sending baby dust. 

AFM, I have somewhat emerged from my hole (I should say I just peeked out) and I will be doing a natural FET in August. My "period" just ended after stopping PIO and I'm praying my body adjusts back to its natural cycle soon. If all goes well, I expect the transfer will be in mid August or a little later. I will keep posting on the August FET group that someone started. If any of you are planning an August transfer please share updates and progress et cetera. 

I have also decided that if the FET doesn't work I'm going to do another IVF cycle in the fall. 

I talked to my RE today and he said it was all highly promising after day 4, he said they were anticipating between 6-8 minimum for sending for biopsy and that given how it turned out it's a sperm issue at that point in development.  So for one, I'm really sad we had no idea there was a sperm issue, all his tests came back normal, and his count was 267mil. Secondly, in some strange way it was such a relief knowing there was absolutely NOTHING I could've done.  Not that anyone should ever feel "blame" but of course I took it all on myself, like what happened after day 4, why did they go so downhill, am I just old. I thought things were going so well, and then to lose so many.  Bibz, there is def. a possibility to do another cycle. However, knowing that its a sperm issue, we'd likely end in the same boat and I did the best I could producing 19 mature eggs sad.png     

DH is 40, but like over the top healthy, drinks three protein and veggie shakes every single day, not sugary kind, the kind he plugs his nose to drink they're so healthy and he's done that forrrrever. He's super fit (like pisses me off how fit, 6 pack and all) and disciplined like no one I know, I never would've anticipated any issue on his end, but given that day 4 every single one of my embryos was looking amazing, it just made no sense to me I'd lose so many.  Anyways, I'll be talking to DH tonight about if we wanna jump on another cycle. I'm just unsure what he can do to help us have a better outcome.  I told the nurses to remove my phone number from the geneticist contacts and only put DH's, I don't want the call with PGS results because I don't think I can take it and I'll prob be at work.  I told him if we get ONE, text me right away.  If none, don't tell me until its a Friday and there's a big bottle of wine for me.  

I want to welcome everyone here, my story is just one tiny piece of the big picture of everyone's journeys here, i'm just so caught up in feeling S&#@* that it feels hard to respond

#120 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:17 PM

Hi all, 

This will be my final update for this thread- our PGT-A test on our only embryo came back normal so we will be moving forward with a transfer :) 

Big hugs to all as you continue to navigate your journeys!

• Daisy.Eriksen and LLLMD like this

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#121 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

Hi all, 

This will be my final update for this thread- our PGT-A test on our only embryo came back normal so we will be moving forward with a transfer smile.png

Big hugs to all as you continue to navigate your journeys!

Congrats! Good luck with your embryo

#122 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:27 PM

As a final update to this thread for those following my story: we finally spoke with our doctor, who was as surprised as us about our outcome. He estimated at least 2 euploid embryos from the number that were produced, fertilized, and available for testing. We reviewed both of our parameters--he honestly said there was nothing that either of us could have done differently. The conclusion is that we are the victims of statistics. 

If money was not an object, he would support us doing further rounds.

For us, money is somewhat an object (well, we could borrow more if we chose). The bigger object is the hormones and their physical/emotional toll. I cannot afford to take 2 weeks+ off work anymore since I am the only one working, and the treatments hit me so hard physically and mentally. Going into another round or more with the knowledge the odds are very against us would be an additional challenge.

He told us that he'd recommend egg donor, embryo donor if we are in the position we are in. He also strongly recommends we try naturally even though the odds are against us.

We will also do a medical genetics consult to learn about what our high level mosaic might be at risk of, and based on that may or may not consider transfer. We will also converse with the clinic psychologist just for added support.

Needless to say, not the outcome desired. This has been a tough cycle for a lot of us. To those with success, so much love and luck to you. For the rest, please take care of yourselves--this is not ideal but not insurmountable.

I continue to grieve for all of us.

Take care. With love,

LLLMD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IVF