IVF

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#51 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

@bibz - happy to hear the transfer went well! Take it easy. Best wishes for implantation!! When do you go back for your pregnancy test? Will you test on your own first?

#52 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:20 PM

@bibz - happy to hear the transfer went well! Take it easy. Best wishes for implantation!! When do you go back for your pregnancy test? Will you test on your own first?

@yogimama thanks for the good wishes. The schedule date is the 26th but he told me if I do at home test early to mid week next week and it's positive then he will move my beta test up. I'll do the home test on Tuesday. This week I won't as it will show a false positive from the HCG trigger shot. 

#53 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:25 PM

@yogimama interesting that your estrogen is at 2500. Mine was 1479 the day of trigger. I guess everyone's body is different. Maybe you will have more/healthy eggs? Good luck! 

#54 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 16 June 2020 - 12:03 AM

Hello!

Happy to learn about everyone's updates. Stay strong and hopeful that everything continues extremely well.

ER was okay today. Similar pain during procedure, overall a little less pain later on. I still ended up sleeping 6 hours after. I had a horrible sleep despite taking the provided Valium.

We retrieved 10 mature, 6 borderline mature, and 2 immature eggs. ICSI was this afternoon...the real info comes tomorrow as to how many actually fertilize and decide to progress. Crossing fingers.

Just because I am not replying directly to you all, I am thinking of you. Just pain and nausea makes me feel of.

Take care from sunny Calgary,

LLLMD

#55 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 16 June 2020 - 04:56 AM

Hi Everyone!

Bibz congrats on transfer such a great milestone. I am also struggling with the decision to transfer 1 or 2 if were lucky to get to that stage.

LLLMD so many mature eggs, congratulations! I hope you get a good fertilization report.

Yaensk so nice to hear from you! Hows the pregnancy going. You must be due soon? Late July or early Aug?

AFM just in the priming stage. Im trying to get into a better head space. My last IVF cycle we got no good eggs and I cant help but worry we will have the same result especially since its almost a year later.

#56 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:38 AM

Congrats LLMD on many mature eggs. Hoping you get a good number fertilized. 

Oakvillemama wishing you the best! 

And all of you best wishes too. 

As yogi mama says: sending baby dust! 

#57 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:54 AM

Hello ladies!

Bibz- big congrats on your transfer! How are you feeling?

YogiMama- sounds like you have been making great progress! I understand re: tiredness. Yesterday (Day 5) I had a nice and long afternoon nap because I couldnt keep my eyes open. From past cycles, I remember starting to feel things around Day 7, so doesnt seem to far off! Just listen to your body and take it easy :)

LLLMD- hope you have heard good news about fertilization, sounds like it was a successful retrieval! Take good care and rest up!

Yesterday the tiredness kicked in for me and this morning I am starting to feel the ovaries big time. Now the fun begins! Head in tomorrow for my first u/s and really excited/nervous as it is the moment of truth! I find the first post stim scan the most nerve wracking thing in the whole process. Hope you all have a lovely day and keep hydrated! Looks like a heatwave coming (at least for those of us in Southern Ontario!) take care.

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#58 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:08 AM

Hi ladies! How are you all doing?!

@LLLMD - any update from the clinic? 

@Bibz - how are you feeling post-transfer? 

@misskika - how did it go today? 

@oakvillemama - when do you start stims? 

I had my check up this AM, and my follicles are ready to go! Day 9 of Stims (shots this AM), and will trigger tonight with a shot of Lupron & a shot of HCG. Retrieval is booked for Friday :) 

They are thinking I will have 7 mature eggs for Friday's retrieval. I'm feeling excited to move to the next stage of this process (and ready to stop with all the stims... they are kicking my butt! The past few days I've been useless come 4pm... haha!).  

#59 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:08 PM

Hi everyone!

Sorry for my brief absence. I have been feeling so-so and not been up to posting much.

Great news for us: of the 18 retrieved, 12 fertilized, and today (day 2) every one has divided! Per the embryologist, they were quite happy with the quality of my eggs based on my age (40) as well as the quantity retrieved. Today he said 4 scored perfect, 2 poor, the rest are fair. Tomorrow will be assisted hatching since we are doing PGTA to help with the cell biopsy (also it is another thing we can be charged for...). We hope all of our embryos progress to day 5 or 6, but I anticipate a few will drop off just based on statistics!

Misskika: enjoy your naps and relax the best you can; here's hoping you've got good numbers.

bibz: I hope you are well post-transfer! Exciting times for you and hubby!!

Yogimama: good luck with your upcoming retrieval! here's hoping for all mature and perfect eggs.

Oakvillemama: How do you find the priming stage? I am sending you good and relaxing vibes. Nothing you can do but stay calm and relaxed about your upcoming IVF cycle.

I am starting to feel more normal. No naps during the day yesterday, but so much bloat. I have gained at least 10lbs this time around!!! I really hope it is all water weight.

I have my socially distanced graduation celebration on Friday...I hope I drop more weight as I don't want to appear fatter than usual and worse, pregnant (which will only trigger too many questions).

Take care all!

best,

LLLMD

#60 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:52 PM

Thanks ladies. I feel somewhat fine. My right ovary is still achy from the retrieval :( Then there is the anxiety of waiting till next week for the HPT and then the beta :( I am trying to stay occupied but I get distracted with all that's going on. I continue with my progesterone IM shots as usual. 

@misskika Get all the rest you need as you gear up for trigger and retrieval. All the best for your first U/S I totally understand how nervous one can get. Are you doing a fresh transfer? 

@Yogimama congrats on getting so close to triggering and retrieval. Wishing you all 7 healthy eggs ready to be fertilized! At least after the trigger shot you get a little break from the many shots. Ge all the rest you need if you can. 

@LLMD congrats on such a great fertilization report! And congrats on graduating. 

Looks like it just me and @misskika that will be in the 2WW? Sad that we will soon be dispersing to other groups :( But before then please post your news. It helps a lot to hear your progress. 

Good luck to us all! 

#61 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 02:10 PM

YogiMama- Yey! Congrats on getting ready to trigger :) Wishing you lots of success on your retrieval!

LLLMD- Holy moly, what a great cycle you had! Big congrats! Crossing fingers and toes for good PGT-A results. Hope you feel better and the bloating starts to subside. 

Bibz- Breathing and distraction are a girl's best friend during the 2WW :) I am also doing a frozen transfer as I will be doing PGT-A testing and I am a breast cancer survivor so I have to get all these drugs out of my body ASAP! But don't worry, we will all be here with you through your 2WW and afterward! :)

Take care all!!

TTC 4 years

#62 daniella_2020

daniella_2020
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:11 AM

First of all, I wish good luck and the best of chances for everybody.

I am 38 with IV stage endo. In our first cycle, we had one 6 day blast PGT normal. We did a FET but it did not implant. I had a hysteroscopy after the unsuccessful IVF and there were some polyp tissues. We were planning to start the new cycle in April but it was canceled because of COVID. Now, we are in the middle of our 2nd IVF cycle. Today is my 7th day of stims. We are doing a microdose lupron flare protocol + I am taking HGH. Yesterday we have an ultrasound & blood work. It seems like we have 7 follicles between 11mm-14.00 mm and 5 smaller ones. My E2 was 1118pg/ml. Tomorrow we will have another ultrasound appointment, I am crossing my fingers and try to remain calm.

I am living in the US, my whole family and friends live in another country (english is not my first language) and I do not have much support around here. IVF is a very difficult process and I want to share my experiences and listen to people who have been through similar experiences.

D

#63 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 01:47 PM

Hi @daniella, welcome to our little group. Congrats on your stims and 7 follicles! #Qualityoverquantity. I also live in the US and also from another country although I have lived here for a long time. 

Are you doing a fresh transfer? 

How's everyone else doing? @yogimama @oakvillemama @LLMD and all others. 

AFM, I keep waiting.... 

#64 daniella_2020

daniella_2020
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:42 PM

Hi @daniella, welcome to our little group. Congrats on your stims and 7 follicles! #Qualityoverquantity. I also live in the US and also from another country although I have lived here for a long time. 

Are you doing a fresh transfer? 

How's everyone else doing? @yogimama @oakvillemama @LLMD and all others. 

AFM, I keep waiting.... 

hello bibz,

Thank you so much. Where do you live in the US? I live in Upstate New York. Being away from your loved ones is difficult especially during an emotionally tiring process like IVF. I just try to keep the good vibes going :)

We are planning to do a frozen cycle if we get any blasts (hopefully), because of my endometriosis my doctor does not recommend a fresh cycle. The nurse told me they'll probably trigger me over the weekend and ER will be early next week.

So you are waiting for the hpt and beta? I think that part of IVF, I mean the wait is the most difficult part :( I hope you have the opportunities to relax. I send you all the good wishes & vibes.

#65 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:54 AM

Welcome daniella! I am also doing to the microdose flare but no HGH. I start stims next week. Did you previously do an antagonist protocol do you find youre responding better to the flare protocol?

AFM just priming over here. I find this part such a tease like weve started but we havent actually started. The BCP is making me feel so bloated. Im too afraid to weigh myself because I never the lost the weight from my last cycle and miscarriage. As if infertility wasnt bad enough then I need to gain 20 pounds with each cycle!

#66 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:01 AM

@daniella glad you are almost at the end of the stims journey. Keep up posted on follicles and triggering date. And yes, I'm waiting to the hpt and beta. It's only day 4 or 5 (I'm not sure even how to count). Transfer happened on Monday... 

@oakvillemama I hear you about BCP although the effects on me were not that adverse. But you are on the road so that's always great!  

AFM, waiting and waiting...  and worried and nervous all of it. 

#67 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Kingswill

Posted 19 June 2020 - 10:05 AM

@bibz we are transfer buddies. Wow, I also transferred on 6/15. The waiting game is not easy at all. Are you going to test before your beta date? I also transfered two embabies 1hatching and 1 regular. Baby dust to us all.

#68 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:32 PM

@bibz we are transfer buddies. Wow, I also transferred on 6/15. The waiting game is not easy at all. Are you going to test before your beta date? I also transfered two embabies 1hatching and 1 regular. Baby dust to us all.

Yay @motherof3. I can't wait anymore I think I may start testing later today or if I can stop myself then tomorrow. How about you? Do you have any "symptoms"? I've heard others talk of twitching etc. I don't have any.... 

Was yours a fresh or FET

• Motherof3 likes this

#69 daniella_2020

daniella_2020
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:47 PM

@OakvilleMama thank you so much. I am so sorry for your loss.

We did not do antagonist protocol before, my first IVF was also microdose lupron flare. Last time we did not use HGH, this time my doctor wanted to add it to the protocol. I am using DHEA and CoQ10, and dexamethasone, as well. I am really curious about their effect on the outcome. So, I cannot make a comparison but I think they prefer it for me, because of my age and endometriosis. BCP is very unpleasant, I agree, it has many side effects but I had a different experience, because I have endo, BCP helps me with the pain. When will you start the injections? What are your doses?

@bibz I understand. maybe you can think this way, if it's 5 days, it means you have finished 1/3 of the wait already :)

@Motherof3 hello and good luck. It is very exciting. I hope everything goes great!

AFM I had an appointment this morning, the follicles are still growing. I have another appointment tomorrow morning, the nurse told me the trigger will be either tomorrow or sunday. I cross my fingers.

#70 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:36 PM

Yay @motherof3. I can't wait anymore I think I may start testing later today or if I can stop myself then tomorrow. How about you? Do you have any "symptoms"? I've heard others talk of twitching etc. I don't have any.... 
Was yours a fresh or FET
Yea bibz, I did fresh transfer. No symptoms for me though I don't want to do symptom spotting, that's too much stress. At times I think I feel twitching stuff but then again it might be my mind playing me. I would want to wait until 8dpt in order to avoid unnecessary panic. Let's try and relax while we wait.

#71 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

Hello Daniella, thank you, and I wish you successful ER and ET. Do you plan doing fresh or frozen?

@OakvilleMama thank you so much. I am so sorry for your loss.
We did not do antagonist protocol before, my first IVF was also microdose lupron flare. Last time we did not use HGH, this time my doctor wanted to add it to the protocol. I am using DHEA and CoQ10, and dexamethasone, as well. I am really curious about their effect on the outcome. So, I cannot make a comparison but I think they prefer it for me, because of my age and endometriosis. BCP is very unpleasant, I agree, it has many side effects but I had a different experience, because I have endo, BCP helps me with the pain. When will you start the injections? What are your doses?

@bibz I understand. maybe you can think this way, if it's 5 days, it means you have finished 1/3 of the wait already :)

@Motherof3 hello and good luck. It is very exciting. I hope everything goes great!

AFM I had an appointment this morning, the follicles are still growing. I have another appointment tomorrow morning, the nurse told me the trigger will be either tomorrow or sunday. I cross my fingers.

#72 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:51 PM

Welcome Daniella! Sounds like you and I have similar stories, I also have endo (and other issues) and I’m on my 3rd IVF after two failed transfers. I’m on Day 8 of sims also doing a micro dose lupron flare with HGH. You have a great follicle count! Congrats! I hope your upcoming ultrasound is good. This forum is a good place for support, I am glad you found us!

Oakville, half the reason I want this all to work out is just so I can take time to lose all this darn IVF weight lol. Hang in there!

Motherof3- welcome and congrats on your transfer!

Bibz- hang in there!!! :) :) 

On my end, my follicle count this time is MUCH lower than you ladies (only 5) but for me that is a HUGE success since I’m a low responder with very very low AMH. I’ve never got more than 5 and we are focusing more on quality rather than quantity this cycle so feeling good! On meds until Sunday evening and then head to the clinic on Monday to see if I can trigger with retrieval on Wed.

Take care and enjoy your weekend ladies!

• yaenaSK likes this

TTC 4 years

#73 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 01:01 PM

Hi! Just a little update...

Yesterday was my retrieval. All went well! Felt very tired & a little crampy afterwards, but by dinner time was feeling more like myself.

9 eggs were retrieved. We just heard from the clinic, and of those 9, 8 were mature, and all 8 have fertilized! Will get another update on Day 3 (Monday). Fingers crossed for healthy lil embryos, progressing well!

Hope all of you are doing well! Its HOT here in Ontario today. Enjoy the sunshine!

#74 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:14 PM

@motherof3- started feeling tugging and twitching yesterday. I think it’s continuing today but then again it could be in my mind. I will take the HPT tomorrow day 6. My beta date is the 26th but if I test positive early next week they will move it forward a couple of days. Hoping for that to happen. When is your beta? Hang in there and good luck to us both!

@misskika: Quality over quantity as my RE kept reminding me. Wishing you all perfect 5 follicles. Glad that the end of the first phase of the journey is getting close. I know you are doing a FET do you know when yet?

@yogimama: Congratulations on retrieval and 8 fertilized! I wish you the best. Here’s to hoping all develop as expected! Now you can take a little break from all the drugs. When will you be doing your transfer?  

@daniella: how are things going for you? Are you triggering today?

AFM, all is well. Just waiting. I will take the HPT tomorrow. Send your updates it’s always great to hear everyone’s progress.

#75 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:13 PM

@bidz, good to hear you are good. I still have not have the mind to test at home, might wait it out till my beta which is on 29th or test @ 8dp which is early this week. Baby dust to us.
@misskika quality over quantity
@yogamama, great numbers you have there 100% fertilization is good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IVF