• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#26 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:17 PM

Hi Bibz, hope you are feeling ok! How is your follicle count? Crossing fingers for a great retrieval process and lots of nice healthy eggs!

Hi LLLMD, oh it happens! I'm sure those gafs won't set you back. They may just end up extending your stims for a day or so! Nice that you got away for a weekend! We are planning on heading out camping next week mid-stim. Being out in nature really helps with this whole process! How was your follicle count this round?

I'm having my between priming and stim bleed at the moment, enjoying a couple days drug-free. Saizen + stims start on Thursday. 

And hello Hopeful Yogi Mama! Good luck with your cycle and welcome our little group!

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#27 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

Welcome Hopeful Yogi Mama!

Thinking good thoughts for you, bibz!

Thank you misskika for your words of wisdom...in a process where we have so little control already it's frustrating to not be perfect! However, I am past it now. We took a minibreak to the mountains for R&R and it was exactly what we needed as a couple :)

Today found out I have 6 follicles growing on each ovary, biggest ones are 0.7-0.9mm. As expected for day 5 and similar size as last cycle. More follicles identified than on last cycle's day 5 (was at 4 and 3).

I guess now that the team has an idea of how I respond to the meds based on the first cycle, they want to optimize things. Rekovelle still at 12, but Menopur has been bumped to 225IU from 150IU. Also started Cetrotide today which is a day sooner than last round. They made the menopur change based on my estrogen level...don't know what it is though.

Next ultrasound and maybe labwork is Wednesday.

Hopeful that we keep our follicle numbers up. Last time we topped out at 15 follicles with 8 eggs.

It is a bright and beautiful day out there, you would never suspect we are in a pandemic. I just feel under the weather as the bloating is baaaaaaad. The injections hurt more this time around too--go figure?!

Take care everyone, looking forward to your updates.

LLLMD

#28 brea

brea
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:22 PM

Yogi mama: Welcome! Wishing you the best on your journey. Keep up us posted on your protocol and how things go.

Misskika: I went in for bloodwork and U/S today and I am going to take my trigger shot (HCG) tonight for retrieval Wednesday morning. I feel fine a little nervous about the next steps and hoping all (the ones that have been doing well) my eggs undergo the process of maturation without defects. I have up to 11 follicles on both sides but my RE thinks that I will likely have 7 good quality ones eggs in the end. Not that many but hopefully good quality will trump quantity (fingers crossed). Enjoy your drug free days and keep us posted.

LLMD: Good news on the number and progress of your follicles. Best of luck with the stims! 

#29 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:18 AM

Hello Everyone! I might start a June/July thread but wanted to pop on here as I see some familiar names! I was cancelled in March due to COVID, but am going to start priming this week for a July retrieval.

#30 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:57 AM

Oakvillemama: I just read up your previous posts. I am so glad you had a success before. It is encouraging. Question: how many embryos did you transfer your first time? 

Also, was thinking of editing this post to include July so that we can have one big post to check on each other and hear everyone's experience in one place. If folks are up for this let me know and I will edit it accordingly. 

There is so much waiting in this whole process :( 

#31 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful day (in Ontario at least!) :)

I started injections today! It all happened quickly. I went in for my Day 3 blood work & ultrasound, and everything checked out. Gonal-F @ 300 & Menopur @ 150. If all goes to plan, he anticipates the retrieval being around June 20th. Our doctor has recommended ICSI (does anyone else have experience with this?), and right now we are just deciding between a fresh or frozen transfer. All in all - I'm very excited/ nervous!  

@bibz - good luck with your retrieval tomorrow! It's all about quality over quantity! 7 sounds like a lucky number to me :)

@LLLMD - good luck with your apt. tomorrow! It sounds like they are keeping a close eye on what's working and what's not, which is fantastic! 

#32 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:57 AM

Bibz I was successful on my first IVF cycle in 2017. We did an antagonist protocol and did a fresh transfer of one embryo who is now a little older than two! In that cycle I only had two blasts. The other blast we transferred in October by FET and was successful but sadly lost due to miscarriage. Between all of that we had done a second IVF antagonist again but got no good eggs. Now were starting our third cycle and trying the microdose flare protocol. My AMH was only an 8 a year an a half ago so likely now fall in the DOR range given the passage of time. Im nervous that we wont get any good eggs again but really hoping the new protocol works wonders!

#33 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

Looking forward to hearing everyones journey. 

Yogi mama: I was worried/overthinking the first time when I started injections. LLMD and Misskika reassured me that bubble in teh syringe that can give you sleepless nights is fine just sometimes. So keep on and all the best. We will be doing ICSI on mine because DH had had a vasectomy and there is a chance that his sperm developed antibodies. Hopefully, that increases our chances of fertilizing all the eggs. 

Oakvillemama: Always nice to hear success stories. Wishing you the best this second round. Did you have your embryos hatched that first time? My RE is going to do it on mine but the thought of it makes me anxious as I am thinking oh god what if they ruin the embryo while trying to hatch it?  

And oh I couldn't edit the post to include July as I had thought :( 

#34 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:48 PM

Wow ladies- great follicle counts! Sounds like you are on the right track. I only had 5 eggs retrieved on my best cycle so far, so your numbers sound like a dream! All it takes is one nice high quality embryo too :) 

LLLMD- sounds like your estrogen levels must be stable so they can give you more Menopur. That's a good thing! Shows your risk of OHSS is low. Here is to hoping some more pop up but your numbers sound great! Yes, it is so weird. Now that it is summer, everyone is running around like no big deal! My clinic said to not go into enclosed public spaces while on stims as they are giving me an immunosuppressant and they want to minimize any risk of COVID to avoid a cancelled cycle. Have been hanging out and doing a lot of walks in the park though! Vitamin D is good for egg quality!

Bibz- those sound like great numbers and congrats on getting ready to trigger! Don't worry too much about egg retrieval. In my past experience, it was the easiest part as they medicate you quite nicely and you get to come off the heavy stim drugs! The five days afterward can be a bit anxiety ridden but we are here for that! Just have to take things as they come, roll with the punches. I forgot, are you doing a fresh or frozen transfer?

Yey Oakville! Nice to see you again! Wishing you the best of luck in your upcoming cycle. Don't worry too much about an 8 AMH. They still have hope for me and I am 1.5 lol. AMH is only one factor in the big scheme of things, and you have had success before, so that is a VERY good indicator. I forgot, did you end up changing clinics?

Hopeful- congrats on your first day of stims! All my cycles have been ICSI, in fact, I think most clinics recommend it now especially if you are over 35 (not sure if you are!) It really improves fertilization rates. Good luck on your decision re fresh & frozen. I've only ever done frozen so can't offer any two cents!

I'm just trucking along, enjoying 2 more days drug free! :) Enjoy the sun!

TTC 4 years

#35 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:01 AM

@misskika007 - thank you! Just did my Day 2 injections. I got a bit nervous right before, so had my husband do the injection. So far, not too bad. Yes, I'm 37 - so that makes sense re: ICSI. We've done some more research and have decided on a frozen transfer. Just to give my body some time to recover post-retrieval, so it's super ready to implant! Do you start stims tomorrow then? Exciting! 

#36 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 11:56 AM

Hey everyone!

Another day, another ultrasound and bloodwork...cool.png  I guess I am doing okay. Totally beat. Increased menopur seems to have been useful, my numbers are better than Monday (I already forgot them! but I know I have more follicles at this time--I think it is just under 20 total). Today's doc thinks that not all were visible and that it wasn't a doubling of follicles in 2 days icon_lol.gif  Anyway, I head back in on Friday for another check-up!

Hoping all is going well for you, bibz!  I can't say that the retrieval was a lovely experience, but it was not as bad as I imagined it could be. It was neat to see the eggs removed that were projected on the big screen, although I was in a total haze while it happened! The worst feeling was that i had a permanent tenaculum pinch sensation in my pelvis for days after...

Good luck on your stim start, misskika....and thank you for translating why the RE would make decisions based on my E2 with increased menopur decision. I am a higher risk OHSS'r as I am much more obese than fertility docs like, as in bmi >40 although you wouldn't guess that high looking at me. Thankfully I am still not too big for egg retrieval the usual way. I would be terrified if they had to a trans-abdominal approach!!!!!!!! Because we are doing PGTA and freezing I don't have to worry about ohss development later though...

Hopeful--I am a total chicken for the injections, and this time around the menopur really hurts (last time it was the cetrotide). Thankfully my hubby is doing online courses and is at home and can keep doing them for me. The extra support really helps. I know other ladies who do extremely well. Re: ICSI -- it is the only way for us due to auto-antibodies--the embryologists did assisted hatching for us too and embryo quality turned out well.

And, welcome Oakvillemama! Nice to have your wisdom on this thread. Appreciate your joining in and sending positive thoughts to you.

This cycle will be different as we will thaw first cycle embryos and have the entire batch biopsied for pgt-a. At the end of the day, I agree with whoever said that it only takes one. Follicle numbers and embryo numbers don't mean much if they aren't healthy or viable.

Have a safe, healthy week everyone.

LLLMD

• brea likes this

#37 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

Hi ladies, 

I had my retrieval today, and as LLMD said it is not the most lovely experience. In fact, it was worse than when I had fibroid surgery done in March. I am recovering at home now. Still feeling dizzy from the anesthesia and I have pain in the general abdominal area. I turned down strong pain meds and only took Tylenol. 

I am grateful I don't have to be at work tomorrow as I suspect the healing will take a few days at least. 

We got 11 follicles but as mentioned before, in all likelihood 7 will be mature enough to fertilize. DH gave his specimen today and I think as I type they are doing ICSI. I should know tomorrow how many fertilized and then go from there. We are not yet sure if it will be a 3 or 5 day transfer. 

Sending love to all of you. Hang in there ladies with your injections and the ups & lows of this process. 

• LLLMD likes this

#38 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:56 PM

@bibz rest up! I hope you feel better soon. Sending baby dust your way!

• LLLMD likes this

#39 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:37 PM

Just thread crashing to wish some familiar faces a good cycle :) Misskika, Oakville (and LLLMD, your name is familiar too but I don't remember if we cycled before or not?) - I really wish you few side effects and tons of success this round. I've thought of our little fall gang of FETs lots during the covid disruption.

• elephantshoes likes this

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#40 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 07:26 AM

Hi ladies: just checking in and hoping everyone's cycle is going smoothly. Post your updates or just say hi. I find it reassuring that you guys are out there doing the same thing. 

Still recovering from my retrieval much better today but still sore. The lab called yesterday with the news of 9 fertilizations out of 11 eggs (!) but think we will lose some as the days go on. I am anxiously waiting for today's call. All in all, looks like we will do a 5 day transfer if all goes smoothly. Misskika I think you had asked if I was doing an frozen or fresh, it is fresh but hoping I will have some left to freeze just in case this does not work out. 

Thinking of you all and sending positive vibes, prayers et cetera :) 

#41 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:17 AM

@bibz - WOW! 9 out of 11 is fantastic! Glad you are feeling better today! 

I just did my day 4 stims! Today was the first day that it hurt a bit going in. Felt like lots of little needles. Weird.

Aside from that, I've been feeling pretty good. A little "tugging" in my ovaries & low back, which I take as a sign that the drugs are starting to work their magic (fingers crossed!). I go in tomorrow for bloodwork and ultrasound, and will find out more then! Will definitely keep you posted. I am with you - it's definitely reassuring to know we're not alone in all of this :) 

@yaenaSK - nice to meet you! Did you have success with your fall transfer?

#42 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:46 AM

Yogi mama: Good to hear you are going along with stims. It sounds like your ovaries are starting to talk to you smile.png

YaenaSK: Glad you dropped by our group here. 

Got the call this morning from the lab. 7 embryos are dividing as they should by this time, 2 are a little behind schedule. Will see what happens tomorrow. I don't want to stress about it for now so I'm trying to distract myself with some work. Not going very well but trying anyway. I start progesterone shots tonight. 

Misskika: Have you started your injections? 

LLMD: are your ovaries starting to talk to you? 

#43 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 11:21 AM

Hello my cycle friends!

So nice to have you guys, because I really don't have anyone to talk to about this. We aren't sharing our journey with many at this time, for a number of reasons...partly because we are not transferring fresh or anytime soon, so why get people's knickers in a knot for various reasons when there is enough to stress about in the world around us.

My ovaries are talking loud and clear. Yesterday was awful. I was so emotional. All the needles hurt going in. I am more and more bloated and exhausted. I started crying because of the pain and cried all afternoon. No real reason, just felt emotional and alone despite having my husband here to comfort me and be company.

U/S today shows 11+ and 6+ (down from 8+ two days ago?) follicles per side. We are close but not quite there for trigger--a few 1.8 but one ovary is slower at 1.6 average. So perhaps trigger in a day or two?? I am ready for this cycle to be done as it is taking a bigger toll on my mental health than the previous one.

bibz: your embryo counts sound good. If you look back at the March IVF post you can see my embryo numbers--we ended with 5 though there was one that was slow to develop. If you are doing fresh transfer I suspect that you are not doing any PGT?  Is the plan for one or two embryo transfer?

I honestly think that any embryos at the end is a successful collection cycle. We do so much to manipulate nature, so only the hardiest ones will make it to a few days of growth--after that, just chance at play if the embryos take (reproductive medicine hasn't quite figured out how to force them to stay in there and make sure their developmental trajectory is perfect). 

I was so afraid when I learned from a friend that she had an amazing retrieval (50 follicles) giving about the same number of eggs, which became 25 embryos, of which only two were genetically normal. She said that was not atypical--I'd rather have fewer but higher percentage that are good quality, even if in the end I only have two.

YaenaSK: I don't think we cycled together but probably crossed paths on posts here. I hope things are progressing well for you.

That's all for now. Despite being on vacation I have a ton of work meetings via zoom and other virtual platforms this morning....at least it keeps my mind off my aching ovaries.

Best wishes and big hugs to all,

LLLMD

#44 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:48 AM

LLMD: I am so sorry the drugs have been treating you poorly but on the bright side you will be done soon. Hang tight the end is near. 

My husband is supportive but I still it's not enough because he is not the one going through the process. And I am the one that really wants the baby so much compared to him because he has children from a previous marriage. To him having a child would be good while for me it is all I want. 

I am doing a fresh transfer and not doing PGT. Our lab doesn't do PGT and the cost of shipping out is also another thing to worry about. Just hanging in and hoping for healthy embryos. I know the test would help a lot but we don't have that option. 

You are absolutely right that we try to manipulate nature but in the end IVF science in as much is it's great and is well understood it is still very difficult to recreate the body's natural mechanisms. 

Your friend with 50 follicles is a superstar! I suppose genetic testing comes in handy in such circumstances. 

Staying busy helps a lot to keep the days going by. 

Have a good weekend everyone. Waiting for today's embryo update eagerly. 

#45 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 07:19 AM

LLMD: To your question of transferring one or two embryos- I'm not yet sure. I think if most embryos develop well tomorrow I will have a lot of soul searching to do. Ideally I wouldn't want a twin pregnancy but at the same time I want to maximize my chances. So for now, I am trying not to think about it until I know the developmental progress of the embryos.

Sending all good vibes :) 

#46 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:54 PM

Thanks bibz for your kind words. I was having a bad couple days and nowhere to turn but here.

Good news is after today's ultrasound the RE has decided to not to wait longer for fear of losing a few more follicles. I will trigger tonight with the ER scheduled for Monday morning.

I bet it is so very hard for you versus your husband in this process. It definitely is not the same for him, but I think once he sees the results of your (many) labours that he will be so happy you guys did IVF. I pray your embryos do amazingly and that you have lots of choices for the fresh transfer. Your body will be the PGT since if the embryo really isn't viable then the pregnancy will not continue. That is, of course, the change we take with all this. It's a tough part of this process and far too common for many on the board. 

Because we are intentionally delaying child-bearing, we have the time for PGT (not necessarily the money but well...what's another couple thousand at this point...). I know it adds risk because you can lose embryos that way (both by the process and by virtue of the results) but it will provide us with a realistic picture of our pregnancy potential going forward. 

Best wishes to all for a lovely weekend. Rainy and overcast here...perfect for staying in and sleeping.

LLLMD

#47 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:51 AM

Yaena! Thank you so much :) I have been thinking of our little October/November group and how things must be progressing for you all in these strange times. I hope you have had little bumps on this stage of your journey and sending over big hugs! Time must be near :) 

Bibs- big congrats on your retrieval, sounds like you had a really great fertilization rate! Also, totally understand re: husband and support. I just don’t think they will ever get what we go through. My husband doesn’t have kids from a previous marriage but he doesn’t “need” kids as a part of his life journey. I do. He also doesn’t want to adopt (something I always thought would be an option if I couldn’t have kids) so I will be a slave to IVF with or without my own eggs if I choose to be married to him + with kids. Sometimes it is a harsh reality to face but I try to just take it one day at a time to avoid being too overwhelmed. I also found that my husband became more supportive each cycle, and it has also been helpful for him to hear things straight from the nurse/doctor (especially re: being extra nice to me and bringing cake while on stem meds!) :) :) 

YogiMama- I notice it does start to get more sensitive the more hormones you have in your body and the more bloat in the belly! How are you progressing? 

LLLMD- sending you a super super big hug. We also aren’t sharing due to so many failed attempts at pregnancy so it does feel lonely. I found that I still felt really lonely even when I spoke about IVF during my first cycle to friends. Seems that nobody really understands unless they have been through it! On a positive note, at least all the emotions and hurt bellies are yielding some very positive results! Glad that you will be retrieving tomorrow, let us know how it goes and wishing you a lot of success/relief tomorrow! I also agree, it doesn’t really matter the # of embryos retrieved- it’s how many are good quality and genetically normal. 

On my end, tonight will be my third night on stims. For sh*ts and giggles I tried to see if anyone on YouTube may have done the protocol I am currently on and the video that came up was “The Devil’s Protocol”. That just about sums it up! I’m on Gonal F, Menopur, Saizen, Lupron, dexamethasone and letrozole. Also taking many many supplements and melatonin- it feels like a full time job. I already look 4 months pregnant and the ovaries are definitely talking. I really hope that means the previous priming and new protocol work for my body and have a lot of follicles growing! Will head to the clinic on Thursday for an US/bloodwork to see how things are progressing. I did something to my PSOAS muscle this morning so going to try and yoga-it-out. I’ve been super super thirsty on these meds and but have found that I love apple juice boxes!

Sending big hugs and lots of well wishes to everyone!

• LLLMD likes this

TTC 4 years

#48 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

My embryos are progressing well so far. 7 have reached the morula stage and two are behind schedule but they think they will catch up in a few days. I will have the tranfer done tomorrow around noon. I am going to have "the" conversation with my doc on whether to transfer two or one. I have talked with DH, a friend and my sisters and each one has a different view. I am leaning toward transferring two but then again I am worried about the risks associated. Do you guys have experience/or views on how many to transfer? If all goes well for each one of you, whether fresh or frozen how many would you transfer? I am 38, generally healthy but had a fibroid removed in March.

@misskika I so wish you the very best with stims and hoping you yield some good ova smile.png Thanks for sharing about your DH and friends. I have shared with some friends and they are mostly understanding as some have fertility issues but haven't tried IVF and some have family members that have done IVF. My circle is understanding but of course as you note, DHs will never really feel it as we do. Good that you are yoga-ing. I am also a yoga girl although I haven't done any since I started the IVF process and now after the retrieval I still feel sore- so for now no exercise for me. Let us know of your progress. 

@LLMD glad you are almost retrieving. Yay!  It is a milestone. It's great that you get to PGT before FET when you are ready. Keep us posted on your retrieval. An aside, I think I read somewhere that you are in Calgary? Lovely city. I have visited twice. 

@yogimama how are you doing with stims? 

All good wishes ladies. 

#49 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 05:06 PM

Hi!

@bibz - so exciting that your transfer is tomorrow! Trust your gut on the 1 or 2 embryos. I'll be 38 in August, and I think it will all depend on the embryos we retrieve and how many make it to each stage. I'm leaning toward 1 right now, but that could change.

@LLLMD - how are you feeling? You must be looking forward to the retrieval tomorrow. Taking a break in between the retrieval & the transfer means a bit of a break from the injections and all the crazy side effects! That will be nice :) 

I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow! Good luck with your procedures!

@misskika007 - "the devils protocol"?! Oh boy! This whole process really does feel like a full time job doesn't it?! It's great that your ovaries are responding so well, and so quickly! 

@oakvillemama - how are you doing? 

I had my checkup yesterday @ the clinic. All is progressing where they would like to see it (yesterday was day 5 of stims): 10 good looking follicles and my estrogen is @ 2500. They did find a small polyp though, which confirms that we will be doing a frozen transfer (which we were leaning towards anyways). The doctor is hoping it passes with my period, and if not he will go in and do a sonohysterogram next month and remove it. We'll then continue with the transfer that same cycle (July). Does anyone have experience with polyps? It sounds like they are fairly common. Aside from the polyp, they are happy with the way all is progressing! I am continuing with the same dose of Gonal-F & Menopur and they've added in a daily shot of Orgalutran as of yesterday. 

Today is Day #6 of stims, and I'm starting to really feel my energy drop. Both yesterday & today, I had a good amount of energy during the day, and felt pretty good! But, by the time 4pm rolls around, my energy plummets and the cramping starts to kick in. Taking it easy, and trying to rest (although I am TERRIBLE at resting! I am laying in bed as we speak, feeling super unproductive, even though I know that isn't the case :)).

Sending you all best wishes for stims, retrievals and transfers! Here's to minimal side effects & strong, healthy follicles! x

#50 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:03 PM

Ladies: So day 5 of embryo development was a slowdown. They were doing great all along and now they have to turn over their mechanism hence the slowing down. I ended up getting two embryos transferred. One is very good and the other is good. RE thinks the s good will not implant but we will have to wait and see. I'm taking it easy now lying down about to start reading a new trashy novel :) to keep me going in the coming days until next week when I take the pregnancy test. The embryologist thinks I will have three more embyos to freeze, she thinks tomorrow they will be ready for freezing. 

Hang in there @yogimama. It will all be worthwhile in the end. I understand the feeling of being unproductive  but try to give yourself that time. I also feel that way, I have some work that I should have completed by now but I am so unmotivated to do it because I'm constantly thinking about this IVF process.

I understand polyps are fairly common so if it doesn't resolve on its own it should be easy to remove it. July is not far at all, best of luck. 

Sending good wishes to everyone. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IVF