No replies to this topic

#1 Franka

Franka
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 16 April 2020 - 03:54 PM

Greetings everyone,

I need a friendly advice... I am scheduled to start the first round of IVF after the coronavirus situation subsides and the clinic returns back to its normal operation. I am 42, and we have an unexplained infertility. So, I am worried that given my age I will be just wasting time and money (we are self-paying) on cycles that are doomed to fail anyway... I did several rounds of IUI, all unsuccessful, and am currently taking DHEA 3 times daily. My doctor told me about a DuoStim procedure, so I will try it in hope of getting as many follicles as possible from every round. After two, or maybe three, unsuccessful rounds of IVF, I am thinking of moving to a frozen donor egg IVF.

So, my questions are:

1. Did anyone of you try DuoStim and were you successful. What age were you when you tried it? 

2. I have read that Canada has some bizarre rules regarding donor egg cycles. What was your experience with a frozen donor egg cycle in Canada? I want it all to be anonymous, but as I understand this is not possible in Canada?! 

3. We have relatives in Spain and are exploring an option of doing it there. Did any of you try Spain? Do you know how long do you have to be there, if you want to have a frozen donor egg IVF, but with an PGT prior to transfer? Also, how much did it cost in your case?

Your experience or thoughts will be greatly appreciated... 

Take care, everyone, and may all your baby dreams come true one day....