Cancelled FET/ IVF due to cover-19 - Waiting Lounge - IVF.ca Forums

Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Cancelled FET/ IVF due to cover-19


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 fertilitystories

fertilitystories
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 20 March 2020 - 05:06 PM

Anyone else currently experiencing a cancelled cycle due to what's going on with covid-19? I was supposed to start a FET cycle but it was cancelled. The nurse told me to call again in April and then see how things are with covd-19.



#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Whitby, ON
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

We're not "cancelled" per say but were going to do a transfer in May. Right now our clinic only finished up current egg retrieval cycles, but all transfers are on hold. I'm preparing myself for a delay. It's disappointing, but whatever we can do to nip this Covid-19 in the butt would be great.



#3 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:43 AM

I think pretty much all elective procedures are being cancelled, unfortunately. My husband told me the province cleared out all the ventilators from dental offices that do procedures with sedation.


  • blue84 likes this

#4 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:31 PM

Anyone else currently experiencing a cancelled cycle due to what's going on with covid-19? I was supposed to start a FET cycle but it was cancelled. The nurse told me to call again in April and then see how things are with covd-19.

 

Me too, exactly. I'm taking the virus very seriously, as we all should, but of course this issue doubles the anxiety and uncertainty of IVF, for me.


January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Sept. 2020 first FET with 4AA PGS-tested embryo; BFP; low rising numbers but excellent scans

June 2021 healthy baby girl via C-section <3.

Future: Considering trying again when permitted following C-section but might be one and done. Will donate embryos to research if any remain unused when we are done.


#5 blue84

blue84
  • Member
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:21 PM

We are on hold from our next fet attempt.

Hi Cotton I remember you from the August group!

#6 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 11 April 2020 - 08:38 PM

I remember you blue84. I'm sorry our August IVF group didn't do very well overall.



#7 blue84

blue84
  • Member
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 April 2020 - 10:07 PM

I remember you blue84. I'm sorry our August IVF group didn't do very well overall.


Then I forgot my login and I couldnt figure out how to reset my password on my cellphone 🤦‍♀. How have you made out since August? We have had 2 fets cancel because my lining was much too thin, then a third in Feb that was negative. Since then my RE has run a ton of tests, Ive had hysteroscopy with biopsy (everything basically normal but I have some clotting issues that turned up on blood work). We were supposed to start again next CD1 but waiting out Covid now....

#8 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:52 AM

We got a BFP from our first FET in November. Other than a SCH that never bled and reabsorbed on its own, no problems. Due end of June. I think I'm the only one from our group unless somebody had FET without disclosing it.



#9 blue84

blue84
  • Member
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:54 AM

We got a BFP from our first FET in November. Other than a SCH that never bled and reabsorbed on its own, no problems. Due end of June. I think I'm the only one from our group unless somebody had FET without disclosing it.


Congratulations!! Im glad one of us had good luck :). Im chomping at the bit to be able to transfer again though

#10 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • Member
  • 83 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Saskatchewan
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Aurora Fertility

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:18 PM

Hey gals! I was partway through a FET in March after a miscarriage in January and my cycle was cancelled 2 days before my scheduled embryo transfer. So disappointing, but totally understandable. My clinic refunded FET cost, minus all the meds I had already taken of course. I am now on hold from any fertility treatment until further notice. Its hard being on hold like this, plus Ive lost my job due to covid 19. Hoping life can cut me a break sometime soon :/
Does anyone know when your clinic plans to reopen or restart your treatment for those that have had their cycles postponed???

Me: 27  DH: 27   Diagnosis: Unexplained

 

  • Started TTC: Jan. 2017
  • First medicated IUI: July 2019= BFN
  • Second medicated IUI: August 2019 = BFN
  • IVF/ICSI: Dec 2019 = 4 conventional IVF blastocysts + 3 ICSI blastocysts,  frozen at 5 days. No fresh transfer due to OHSS
  • First FET: Jan. 2020 = BFP resulting in a pregnancy loss at 7 weeks

#11 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Whitby, ON
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 14 April 2020 - 01:21 PM

In Ontario there will be a decision made on April 16th. I assume it will be status quo and no changes will be made. As far as I have been told the decision gets revisited every two weeks based on how the outbreak is doing. So I don't think the clinics have a long-term plan as it is out of their hands.



#12 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:40 PM

I think it will depend on the province. Ontario extended the state of emergency another 28 days so I doubt any IVF clinics will open during that time.



#13 blue84

blue84
  • Member
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 14 April 2020 - 05:37 PM

My clinic in NB told me they could not start until the state of emergency was lifted, and they were told that the state of emergency would not be lifted until two negative incubation periods ( 2 x 14 days of no cases). :(

#14 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:34 PM

That is a really high hurdle to clear. That's somewhat alarming. I wonder if they will have to walk that back.



#15 blue84

blue84
  • Member
  • 46 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:16 PM

That is a really high hurdle to clear. That's somewhat alarming. I wonder if they will have to walk that back.


We luckily dont have many cases (none today). But I hope they reduce it to 14 days 😬

#16 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • Member
  • 83 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Saskatchewan
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Aurora Fertility

Posted 27 April 2020 - 11:11 AM

Any updates about anyone being able to restart cycles? Cant get through to speak to anyone at my clinic yet, but here in Saskatchewan non essential medical services such as chiropractor, massage therapy, dentistry, and even things like Botox clinics are reopening here now. Very hopeful that my clinic will reopen as well and I can start treatment again. Any updates from others??
I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy during this time - hugs
  • Carter81 likes this

Me: 27  DH: 27   Diagnosis: Unexplained

 

  • Started TTC: Jan. 2017
  • First medicated IUI: July 2019= BFN
  • Second medicated IUI: August 2019 = BFN
  • IVF/ICSI: Dec 2019 = 4 conventional IVF blastocysts + 3 ICSI blastocysts,  frozen at 5 days. No fresh transfer due to OHSS
  • First FET: Jan. 2020 = BFP resulting in a pregnancy loss at 7 weeks

#17 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 441 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 27 April 2020 - 04:10 PM

No update here the process for reopening is slow in Ontario. As we all are, Im pretty eager because I need a sono ultrasound before starting a FET. Anyways Im hopeful things will open up soon

IVF #1: Oct 2018, 8 embryos all untested

FET #1: Jan 2019, 2 transfered, BFP 

DD Born Oct 2019

 

FET #2.1: July 2020 Cancelled due to fluid

FET#2.2: August 2020 Cancelled due to fluid (surgery to fix c section defect in Jan of 2020)

IVF#2: October 2020 5 embryos all untested

FET #2: March 2021 2 transfered BFN

FET#3: April 2021 1 transfered BFN

FET#4.1: May 2021 cancelled due to polyps (hysterscopy to remove polyps) 

FET #4.2: June 2021 cancelled due to double stripped lining

FET #4.3: July 2021 2 transferred BFP 43 1st beta 169 2nd beta 339 3rd beta 3600 First Ultrasound no heartbeat, second ultrasound no heartbeat MC at 8 weeks. 

 

Now a patient at Hannam Fertility 


#18 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:20 AM

I am also waiting for the restrictions to lift in ON. We were two days away from transfer when they advised us not to go ahead with it. Even though we had traveled from NL to have the procedure done, we still agreed that it was too risky. I am 39 and using an egg donor so we are also VERY eager for everything to get up and running again...

 

Hope everyone is holding up ok heart.gif


TTC since 2012

Me: 40 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

 

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN


#19 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:27 PM

I'm trying to reschedule a dental appointment in ON and was told yesterday they were waiting on a press conference from Doug Ford, which only announced a general intention to reopen, but supposedly guidelines are coming out later this week. I'm concerned everything will get backed up and will take months to get through the backlog, especially if you're not proactive and don't get one of the earlier appointments. Fun stuff.

 

That really sucks you got cancelled so late Carter, but now would be a really bad time to have a tubal pregnancy or something. This whole situation is just a giant mess.



#20 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 29 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

Hi ladies,

 

I'm with you all. My 3rd IVF cycle was cancelled on the 1st day of stims. I'm with Hannam, and they just sent us an email outlining how they plan to reopen the clinic. Email says this:
 

The underlying medicine is unchanged, but the way we deliver services needed to be updated to the moment. For example, we don’t want you to need to come to the clinic any more than you have to.

 

We used a data-driven approach to leave pregnancy rates unaffected while minimizing visits and clinical points of contact.

 

For quality control, we won’t be reopening all services at the exact same moment. We need to successfully pass through one stage before going on to the next. Here is the list in chronological order:

 

•                     Virtual consults (already in place)

•                     IVF and egg freezing: AMH <12 (planning for May)

•                     IVF and egg freezing: AMH 12+ to 23

•                     IVF and egg freezing: AMH 24*

•                     FET IUI and donor sperm inseminations

•                     Diagnostic investigations

•                     Natural Conception: nursing support

•                     Donor Egg Program

•                     IVF variants

•                     Satellite care

•                     Surrogacy

 

The order of service openings is based on a combination of numbers of patients in the clinic, staff social distancing/PPE/testing, and interactions with the broader medical community. It doesn’t imply clinical need or value. Our hope and expectation is that it will just be a few weeks from the beginning of the list until the end.

I'm unfortunately/fortunately in the first category of women undergoing IVF (AMH <12) and my Dr has sent an email asking for anticipated period dates this month and next. Hopefully that means the ball starts rolling soon. Big hugs to all who are waiting amidst this chaos and hope you are all staying healthy. 


  • Daisy.Eriksen and Carter81 like this

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

 


#21 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:55 AM

Any updates about anyone being able to restart cycles? Cant get through to speak to anyone at my clinic yet, but here in Saskatchewan non essential medical services such as chiropractor, massage therapy, dentistry, and even things like Botox clinics are reopening here now. Very hopeful that my clinic will reopen as well and I can start treatment again. Any updates from others??
I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy during this time - hugs

 

Hey Prarie, I am with Aurora as well.  I just got an email from Jackie yesterday stating that FET's will be resuming in May.  She told me to call in with my day 1 and to plan to transfer with our next cycle.  I honestly never call the clinic, I usually email Jackie and find that she is fantastic at responding to my emails the same day.  Maybe try emailing?  Hopefully you'll be able to transfer on your next cycle too!


  • melissa87 and prarie_faerie like this

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

 

Trying to conceive since 2012

 

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

 

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

 

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

 

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

 

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

 

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

 

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

 


#22 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:10 AM

I'm trying to reschedule a dental appointment in ON and was told yesterday they were waiting on a press conference from Doug Ford, which only announced a general intention to reopen, but supposedly guidelines are coming out later this week. I'm concerned everything will get backed up and will take months to get through the backlog, especially if you're not proactive and don't get one of the earlier appointments. Fun stuff.

 

That really sucks you got cancelled so late Carter, but now would be a really bad time to have a tubal pregnancy or something. This whole situation is just a giant mess.

Thanks Cotton. That was our clinic's concern too - they were so unsure of what services would be available for us once we came home. We weren't even sure if we would be able to get a beta done...so we decided to air on the side of caution and wait. I feel like it was a good choice. 


TTC since 2012

Me: 40 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

 

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN


#23 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 441 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 30 April 2020 - 02:48 PM

Any updates about anyone being able to restart cycles? Cant get through to speak to anyone at my clinic yet, but here in Saskatchewan non essential medical services such as chiropractor, massage therapy, dentistry, and even things like Botox clinics are reopening here now. Very hopeful that my clinic will reopen as well and I can start treatment again. Any updates from others??
I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy during this time - hugs

 
Hey Prarie, I am with Aurora as well.  I just got an email from Jackie yesterday stating that FET's will be resuming in May.  She told me to call in with my day 1 and to plan to transfer with our next cycle.  I honestly never call the clinic, I usually email Jackie and find that she is fantastic at responding to my emails the same day.  Maybe try emailing?  Hopefully you'll be able to transfer on your next cycle too!

Thats awesome ! I wish you guys the best. I called my clinic in Toronto (First Steps) spoke to a nurse who said they really dont know but hope to open next month (being June ). I need a sono before my FET. Anyways I got the impression that a lot depends on the status of COVID. Its a smaller clinic so once its open its likely (hopefully totally open). Also they do transfers at Create so its dépendant on them as well.

IVF #1: Oct 2018, 8 embryos all untested

FET #1: Jan 2019, 2 transfered, BFP 

DD Born Oct 2019

 

FET #2.1: July 2020 Cancelled due to fluid

FET#2.2: August 2020 Cancelled due to fluid (surgery to fix c section defect in Jan of 2020)

IVF#2: October 2020 5 embryos all untested

FET #2: March 2021 2 transfered BFN

FET#3: April 2021 1 transfered BFN

FET#4.1: May 2021 cancelled due to polyps (hysterscopy to remove polyps) 

FET #4.2: June 2021 cancelled due to double stripped lining

FET #4.3: July 2021 2 transferred BFP 43 1st beta 169 2nd beta 339 3rd beta 3600 First Ultrasound no heartbeat, second ultrasound no heartbeat MC at 8 weeks. 

 

Now a patient at Hannam Fertility 


#24 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:22 AM

Melissa - Create doesn't even close for Christmas. I wouldn't be surprised if they're among the first clinics open in Toronto.



#25 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 441 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:54 AM

Really thanks for letting me know that makes me super hopeful !

IVF #1: Oct 2018, 8 embryos all untested

FET #1: Jan 2019, 2 transfered, BFP 

DD Born Oct 2019

 

FET #2.1: July 2020 Cancelled due to fluid

FET#2.2: August 2020 Cancelled due to fluid (surgery to fix c section defect in Jan of 2020)

IVF#2: October 2020 5 embryos all untested

FET #2: March 2021 2 transfered BFN

FET#3: April 2021 1 transfered BFN

FET#4.1: May 2021 cancelled due to polyps (hysterscopy to remove polyps) 

FET #4.2: June 2021 cancelled due to double stripped lining

FET #4.3: July 2021 2 transferred BFP 43 1st beta 169 2nd beta 339 3rd beta 3600 First Ultrasound no heartbeat, second ultrasound no heartbeat MC at 8 weeks. 

 

Now a patient at Hannam Fertility