• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 windywalks

windywalks
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:18 AM

Hello Everyone,
Im new to the forum and looking for an advise for IVF.
We applied for Ontario funded IVF last year through New life fertility clinic. Everytime, I asked them how long does it take to get approval for Ontario funded ivf and I was told 1 year. I asked couple of days ago and IVF coordinator at new life is now saying that it will take 2-3 years

Has anyone gone thru Ontario funded IVF ? How long did it take?

Also if we consider IVF through a clinic , which is the best one in GTA ?

Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 727 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 15 March 2020 - 04:44 PM

Windy,

I was with New Life but unfortunately was not successful. My friend is currently under their care and she was supposed to be on the funded cycle list but waited for a whole year with no call. She just recently went in and inquired and apparently her doctor (dr. Lee) never put her on the list. She basically wasted a year for nothing.  On top of that, she was also convinced to take advantage of that discount ivf program they were offering over the Christmas holidays because they told her it would take up to two years to get a funded cycle.  Now she has to do IVF with that cycle she paid for at a discounted rate, because the time-line expires in June.  She is really upset with New Life and feels that she was taken advantage of and basically tricked into paying for this "special price IVF.

• windywalks likes this

#3 windywalks

windywalks
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:42 PM

Thats really unfortunate with people who cant afford the IVF and wait for Ontario fund but these clinics play games.

Can anyone please advise a genuine clinic in GTA for IVF where I can at least make sure we are in good hands ?

Is newlife a good clinic to be trusted for IVF ?

#4 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3224 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 15 March 2020 - 07:07 PM

Off the top of my head the top four clinics in the GTA (in no particular order) seem to be: Create, Hannam, Markham and Trio. Their waiting lists vary but you can get on the waiting list at all, though expect even THAT to be a process at all clinics.

#5 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 727 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

I second above recommendations. I am not particularly happy with New LIFE. I WAS with them for five years, although successful once but led to a termination, I had a lot of heartbreak. Just recently they missed my ectopic pregnancy and I get going in complaining but they kept reassuring me all was fine. At seven weeks it was finally caught and if I would have waited one more day, my tube would have ruptured. I feel that some of the doctors know their protocols and are up to date, but money trumps everything. They are super busy and they don't take situations seriously.