1 reply to this topic

#1 Quinny

Quinny
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 13 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

Hello,

My current RE has his own clinic where I live and was affiliated with a clinic 4 hrs away from me.  I am part of a free fertility plan that Ontario has and the program is connected with the distant clinic.

My RE has severed his ties with the other clinic where I have already had my retrieval and 2 transfers.  My last embryo is still in storage there.  I have to decide if I would like to stay in the program and stay with the distant clinic, or move everything, including my baby, to the local one.   I am currently outweighing the costs associated with this.  

If I stay in the distant one, the last transfer is free and monitoring would be free if I travel there.  Since that is impossible, I will likely have to pay for local monitoring prior to transfer.  I will also have to travel there 2x.  Once to meet the doctor and another for the transfer. 

If I end up staying with my RE, I get kicked out of the program and I will have to pay for the transfer, but monitoring will be free, because my RE is a great man.  

I'm torn.  I've known my RE for quite a few years and this new doctor is a stranger.  Do I travel for everything and lose time & money, or do I stay local, save time & money without travelling, but pay for shipping & transfer?  I've had 2 failed transfers with my current RE, but will the new one find something he didn't?  Will I have to go through a bunch of testing again?

Anyone have any advice?  

#2 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 16 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

I am sorry you are going through this. If I were in your shoes, I would ask both docs about my chances of getting pregnant, why they think so, and about cost I will need to pay, and based on their answers I will make up my mind.Good luck with your decision.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clinic, new doctor, change