My current RE has his own clinic where I live and was affiliated with a clinic 4 hrs away from me. I am part of a free fertility plan that Ontario has and the program is connected with the distant clinic.
My RE has severed his ties with the other clinic where I have already had my retrieval and 2 transfers. My last embryo is still in storage there. I have to decide if I would like to stay in the program and stay with the distant clinic, or move everything, including my baby, to the local one. I am currently outweighing the costs associated with this.
If I stay in the distant one, the last transfer is free and monitoring would be free if I travel there. Since that is impossible, I will likely have to pay for local monitoring prior to transfer. I will also have to travel there 2x. Once to meet the doctor and another for the transfer.
If I end up staying with my RE, I get kicked out of the program and I will have to pay for the transfer, but monitoring will be free, because my RE is a great man.
I'm torn. I've known my RE for quite a few years and this new doctor is a stranger. Do I travel for everything and lose time & money, or do I stay local, save time & money without travelling, but pay for shipping & transfer? I've had 2 failed transfers with my current RE, but will the new one find something he didn't? Will I have to go through a bunch of testing again?
Anyone have any advice?