April FET - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

April FET


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole1985

Nicole1985
  • Member
  • 49 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Delaware Valley

Posted 03 March 2020 - 09:39 PM

Hey,

Anyone set to start a frozen transfer in April?? Im going to transfer April 10th. A little history. I had 7 transfers so far. 4 IVFs and 3 FETs. I had 2 miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy that almost killed me last June. Both of my tubes are removed. I have 3 in the freezer none tested. Praying the 8th transfer will be it! Been trying to conceive for 5 1/2 years and Im about to be 35. Let this me be the miracle group!!!
~ Nicole

#2 tsm37

tsm37
  • Member
  • 51 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:04 PM

FET for my wife this April. Her period should come later this week (March) and we will visit the doctor to begin the preparation like PIO, oral, etc. we had a failed FET in December and lost two pgd tested boys. My wifes period came back in Feb. We will likely transfer a boy and a gal pgs normal embies this time. We are a bit worry about the coronavirus situation in New York.

#3 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:10 PM

Hi there,

Looks like I will be joining the April group!! Aiming for a April 13 transfer over Easter since i'll be on holidays during that time (Teacher)

I am just getting over my last transfer which ended with a miscarriage. (first one) My first IVF fresh transfer resulted in my now 3.5 year old boy and since then I have done another full Ivf cycle and this will be my 5th frozen transfer. We are transferring two embryos again this time. One 4bb and one 3bb. Praying this is the last time as I have to travel across the country every. single. time.  It's getting old and so am I (35) haha

Nicole- I can't imagine everything you have been through. I truly hope this is your lucky cycle. I'm glad our dates are similar so we can support one another! My embryos are not PGS tested either, although after all of these transfers, I wish they were lol

 

tsm37-Its so awesome that you can pick the gender of your babies. It's illegal to do that in Canada lol Sorry for your failed FET in December, lets hope this is a group of all positives!!!

 

What is everyone's protocol? I am doing Superfact injections, estradiol (double dose, due to lining issues last time and asprin. Will start with Progesterone around April 7/8.


IUI- tried 4 times with no luck

IVF #1-Dec 2015. Transferred one day 5-BFP. Baby boy arrived Aug, 2016

FET #1-Aug 2018 transferred one day 6-BFN

FET #2-Nov 2018 transferred two blasts- BFN 

IVF #2-April 2019 retrieved 37.....15 embryos are now frozen.

FET #3-July 2019 transferred 1 4aa BFN

FET #4-Nov 2019 transferred two day 5- Miscarriage at 6 weeks

FET #5 April 2020 transferring 2 day 5 embryos- 4bb 3bb

 


#4 CoolBeans

CoolBeans
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:38 PM

Hi, I am having FET on April 9th. First and only FET happened in February 2015 resulting in November 2015 birth of a baby boy. I have 4 embryos left, all untested (per my doc, the testing is done routinely now for all, but back when I had IVFs, it was only done after unsuccessful transfers). We will be transferring one, and it will probably be my last FET whether successful or not. I will start the injections on 03/18. Not sure on protocol yet, I have not even opened the box with meds that arrived 2 weeks ago LOL. Husband and I are still in deep denial re this, as we swore we would have no more babies.

 

Nicole and Dory - I cannot believe your embryos are not tested, after all those attempts! 

 

Good luck to everyone!



#5 CoolBeans

CoolBeans
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

FET for my wife this April. Her period should come later this week (March) and we will visit the doctor to begin the preparation like PIO, oral, etc. we had a failed FET in December and lost two pgd tested boys. My wifes period came back in Feb. We will likely transfer a boy and a gal pgs normal embies this time. We are a bit worry about the coronavirus situation in New 

I am worried about the coronavirus, too. Hopefully, it will be contained soon.



#6 tsm37

tsm37
  • Member
  • 51 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:21 PM

Dory: Thank you and wish you the best of luck in April. 

 

All: Will share my wife's protocols once we visit our doctor, and I would like to compare ours with yours. I believe our doctor will do a FET as if it were a fresh. I'm not sure what this all means, but I will find out more details. My wife had allergies on the patches in her last FET in December, and no one knew whether that was the issue for the miscarriage. I'm not sure whether there was an issue with the lining. 

 

I know resting for like two weeks after the transfer is a myth, but my wife will try it this time. A friend of mine who succeeded with her first IVF attempt did that, and her friends (who also succeeded) did that as well. My wife has been taking baby aspirins. Whatever works, my wife will follow any success formulas, and I fully support it. 

 

There is something called Lipoprotein, and we will explore that. Two friends of my friend did Lipoprotein in their successful IVFs. They said Lipoprotein will provide nutrients to the embryos and help them grow once transferred. What concerns me is the lining. I'm not sure if the embryologist did assisted hatching on my frozen embies, and I will ask when I see the doctor. 

 

I (as a male) was not involved that much in the process until a couple months ago after my wife's second miscarriage. I really hope our April FET will lead to something positive with heartbeats six weeks after the transfer!



#7 tsm37

tsm37
  • Member
  • 51 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 06 March 2020 - 10:08 PM

Wife and I went to see our doctor today. Her protocols will be as follows:

  • Controlled cycle (or stimulated cycle) FET. This process will have my wife's body to produce progesterone naturally and no PIO is required.However, wife will likely request to do PIO. We want to be covered on all fronts and not to say "what if we had done PIO" if this attempt leads to another disappointment. The clinic will monitor my wife's progesterone level anyway, so natural production + PIO shouldn't hurt. Our doctor said PIO is optional but did not disagree with it.

 

  • Intralipid: My wife will do an intralipid two days before a transfer and another one after the transfer. If my wife gets BFP, then another intralipid. In short, intralipid is a pack of nutrients that should help the embryos to grow inside the woman's body. 

 

  • Dr said lining will need to be 7 mm or above. (I asked because I don't know.)

 

  • No patches for this FET since my wife had experienced allergies last time.

 

  • Medications are as follows: menopur, ganirelix acetate, hcg/novarel, safety syringes, lovenex, and viagra. 

 

  • Wife will continue to take baby asprins.

 

  • Transfer will be one boy and one gal, both day-6 hatched blastocyst. Dr said because we already did pgd/pgs on the embies, assisted hatching was already done. The embryologist had to drill a tiny hole to get some tissues for pgd/pgs testing.

 

  • Bed rest after transfer. Dr still thinks that it's a myth, but he does not have any objections because of the two previous failed attempts. He helped my wife to complete some forms so that my wife can get approval from her workplace for taking extended days off. 

 

  • Scheduled transfer date is still TBD, but it will be early April.


#8 Nicole1985

Nicole1985
  • Member
  • 49 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Delaware Valley

Posted 20 March 2020 - 11:39 AM

Tsm- Its so nice that you are involved with your wifes protocols. My husband is clueless about that stuff but I go through it with my mom. The menopur, ganirelix, and hcg seem like odd medications. This is for a FET right? Thats good you did testing. At least you know the embryos are good.

Dory- I didnt test mine because of all the articles I read. The testing is not 100% accurate plus I only had 3 so instead of paying $4,000 which I dont have, figured I would take my chances.

Cool beans- Hope this will be your lucky one.

I spoke with my doctor today and had an ultrasound and blood work for my lining check. I am on the Lupron and BC pill overlap protocol so it takes me way longer to prep for transfers. My doctor said that even if I get the Coronavirus it will not effect the baby so I can still transfer if I sign a waiver. Ive been prepping for this FET for 4 weeks now so Im definitely going to transfer and isolate myself. Im currently done with the BC pill and just in Lupron injections. Probably going to start estrace tonight. My lining is over 7 mm already and I just got done my period so looking great! My doctor also said I can transfer all three blasts this time! Im so excited because I will have a better chance. If more than one sticks, the more the merrier! :)

I am transferring: 4 BC (expanded), 5 AC (hatching), 3 AC

#9 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 125 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:17 PM

I was supposed to do a transfer in April but I don’t foresee that happening with everything that is going on. I believe that my clinic closed for elective procedures. I’m so disappointed because this closure could go on for a long time...

#10 tsm37

tsm37
  • Member
  • 51 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:55 PM

Nicole 1985: Yes, it will be FET. My wife's period is very weird. Her last period was early February. It has been over 30 days, and her period hasn't come yet. This means that she hasn't started any medications, etc. We will continue to monitor the covid-19 situation in New York City and there is a high chance that we might not do the transfer in April and postpone it to May. There are a number of new factors (related to covid-19) that I need to consider that weren't present previously. 



#11 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:27 PM

Hey everyone, well last week I got a call from my clinic in Newfoundland saying that they were closed and wouldnt be able to commit to doing my lining check so I had to call the Calgary clinic and they said it would be best for me to cancel my cycle due to the corona virus. I had been on superfact for over a week at that point.
While I am majority annoyed I know its the right thing to do. Its just the uncertainty of not knowing when I will get to transfer next. I have a 3.5 year old and when I started all of this wanted my kids to be three years apart. Now, if I get lucky enough to get pregnant again they will be at least 4.5 years apart. Guess thats all I can do! :(
I wish you all the best of luck!!

IUI- tried 4 times with no luck

IVF #1-Dec 2015. Transferred one day 5-BFP. Baby boy arrived Aug, 2016

FET #1-Aug 2018 transferred one day 6-BFN

FET #2-Nov 2018 transferred two blasts- BFN 

IVF #2-April 2019 retrieved 37.....15 embryos are now frozen.

FET #3-July 2019 transferred 1 4aa BFN

FET #4-Nov 2019 transferred two day 5- Miscarriage at 6 weeks

FET #5 April 2020 transferring 2 day 5 embryos- 4bb 3bb

 


#12 tsm37

tsm37
  • Member
  • 51 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:16 PM

Our clinic in NYC closed in April due to covid-19. We're in May now, and our clinic is open for retrieval but not transfer. Oh well, we might have to wait until summer.