• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leah5

Leah5
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 03 March 2020 - 01:44 PM

Good morning to any readers :) 

I know a lot of the topics here are for cycle groups and upcoming procedures, but I'm wondering if anyone out there is also hoping to connect about other parts of the TTC struggle such as stress due to lack of support system or challenges making cycling work with your career. I feel that infertility has robbed me of every way I identified myself. I'm also disappointed with the neglect or lack of support I guess from people around us we have trusted (all of whom did not experience infertility of miscarriage.) It makes me feel so flawed or deserving of hardship.

Just curious if anyone else has struggled or struggles with these other factors of infertility, with or without kids yet, would love to open the conversation to these other hardships some of us face.

#2 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 40 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:28 PM

Hi!

Husband and I are new to the IVF world but we lack much social support, too. For a variety of reasons, we cannot even disclose this information with others (including the natural support of extended family).

The only people who are natural supports who are aware are our respective mothers. Thankfully they are supportive, but both are at a distance and any support is by telephone only, and limited otherwise.

In regards to career--this is a huge hit. I got married late. Wanted to delay having a child until I finished my training, and then ran into infertility issues. My work is primarily with children and adolescents; I am constantly reminded of our struggle to start a family of our own. We feel as a failure as a couple, and despite both mothers stating things are fine with them the way they are...neither is a grandparent and my husband and I are their only chance of being one.

Does any of this ring true for you? Sound familiar? If you want to discuss off the forum I'd love to reach out further by private message or other means. Let me know.

Hugs,

LLLMD

#3 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:27 AM

Forums help. It's important that you get a support group, If you can't get it from your family or friends, you can try online.

#4 lilooo

lilooo
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 02:31 PM

Hey! In fact, I am very sorry for you, because the lack of support in such a difficult period is terrible! I hope that you are doing well, I am sure you will go through everything and you will be fine!
By the way, I advise you to read the advice of the experts at fertially on how to deal with stress after IVF, I think this information will help you a lot!

#5 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 221 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 17 January 2023 - 02:22 PM

What about trying reflexology for IVF or acupuncture to manage stress?