March 2020 IVF? - Page 3 - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

March 2020 IVF?


  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 108 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:45 PM

LLLMD - 9 is a great number with 6 fertilized - woohoo! You have a few days at least to think about it, but just know whatever decision you make, its the one based on the information you and your partner have and what you want to do. Go with you gut and what you feel is right. Every situation is different! Our clinic doesn't do fresh transfers and my previous clinic always recommended it - maybe it was based on my age? 

 

AFM - got the call yesterday and 4/5 of my embryos made it to blast!! The embryologist said they all look great and that they're really happy with my results. Woohoo!. Now I have to wait 3 weeks to get those results. In the meantime there's nothing I can do as they aren't allowing any transfers right now due to COVID-19.

 

LLLMD - where are you? Is your clinic still full operational?


Me: 38 DH: 40

Issue: DOR

 

Round #1

DD born after 2 rounds IUI with injectables in Dec 2015 babygirl.gif

 

Round #2

TTC since April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017, BFN

IVF #1, one PGS normal embryo, FET March 2018, BFN

IVF # 2, two PGS normal embryos, FET July 2018, BFN, FET Dec 2018, BFN
IUI #2, March 2019, BFN (Doctor suggested trying IUI 2 more times since it worked for my DD)

IUI #3, June 2019, BFN

IVF#3 - one mosaic embryo, FET Nov 2019 - BFP - MMC at 8 weeks + 2 

IVF #4 - changed clinics, retrieval March 20, 2020


#52 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • Member
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 27 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

Great news about 4 embryos making it to 5 days! very nice (said in the creepy Borat voice!!).

 

I am in Calgary at Regional Fertility Clinic. Anyone who was in the middle of any type of treatment cycle was allowed to continue; otherwise the clinic shut down for everyone else. Still...it was busy...on my retrieval day there were 4 or 5 others on the list, and I overheard that there were 5 or 6 each day following!

 

When we spoke last with our doctor, he advised to freeze all given the complete unknowns of impact of COVID19 on pregnancy.

 

Now with the uncertainty of the viability of embryos progressing, etc. and speaking with the embryologist I feel I am stuck making further decisions. They state that usually if there are 2 or less embryos they suggest going to fresh transfer and not to do the PGS...

 

We will play it by ear. Physically, I am the heaviest I have ever been and have some musculoskeletal issues because of my weight (BMI 41, bilateral knee osteoarthritis, slipped discs in my lumbar spine). In addition to delaying kids for professional reasons, I wanted a year to work on my health. 

 

That said...I also don't want this cycle to be for nothing if now is the best time. Like you said, we have a few days to discuss in detail.

 

I know others have gone through multiple cycles. I really don't know if psychologically I can do more than one. This one was hard enough, with the added complication of COVID. plus who knows when the next one can be done given the unknown date of reopening the clinic...

 

so much uncertainty. Deep breathing, deep sigh...



#53 Tyara

Tyara
  • Member
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:09 AM

@LLLMD what did you decide at the end? Are you proceeding with a transfer or are you freezing all?

I am also with RFC in Calgary,I did the transfer, got positive test and now I'm waiting for my first ultrasound. Just getting worried with new restrictions in our province if they will close clinic completely.

Good luck with everything you decide:)

#54 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • Member
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:37 PM

Hi everyone and welcome Tyara.

 

Final decision for transfer or free will depend on how many make it to day 5 blastocysts. Today is day 3, we have learned we have 4 good ones and the other 2 aren't developing normally.

 

I think, ultimately, if we have 2 or more we will biopsy and freeze. If only one, we will transfer. Lots of soulsearching with this process, for sure.

 

Congrats on the positive and good luck with your ultrasound, Tyara! I think the clinic will advocate hard to keep going for those of us already in the midst of the process.

 

Thanks for the good vibes.

 

LLLMD



#55 Tyara

Tyara
  • Member
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 31 March 2020 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the welcome LLLMD! :)

 

How is it going on with your blastocysts? Hopefully they are all developing well!



#56 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • Member
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 31 March 2020 - 03:53 PM

After lots of discussions, stress, and so on over the last 2 days (including that I thought I was having a blood clot in my lung!)--we have made it to day 5. Felt like FOREVER...

 

We have four blastocysts today. One more embryo is an early blastocyst that might be ready to freeze tomorrow.

 

Ultimately, we decided to freeze all for now and delay PGS for now, because of the low numbers. I don't think we realized how many could be lost through PGS biopsy, so we have delayed that decision to a later time.

 

We are considering doing another IVF cycle as soon as the clinic re-opens, hopefully by May. I only have a couple months of drug coverage left before I leave my current employer...and I am just over 40 now, so quality is going down every month...this is the time to do another cycle if at all.

 

We are happy with our decision and the outcome with our blastocysts. Getting at four of six fertilized to day 5, with another one possible tomorrow, makes us feel like we did alright. 

 

Thank you everyone for your support I hope you are all healthy and self-isolating to the best of your ability.



#57 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Member
  • 95 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:02 PM

Congrats ladies on getting multiple blasts! That is fantastic news! And you ladies are so lucky, you may be the last retrievals done for a very long long time.

 

My cycle was cancelled right after starting drugs. Apparently if I leave my deposit with Hannam I am considered a "priority patient" and will be first on the list whenever they are able to reopen. However, I'm pretty worried I won't have that chance as my AMH is .9 and this pandemic business could go on for a while. Nurse said I could try naturally every month given my situation, but she couldn't actually recommend doing that. I'm tempted to take the testosterone I have on day 21 every month to try to get my egg quality up though not as per medical advice. Weird times and weird decisions. Trying to just be happy that I am healthy, safe and comfortable now, and thankfully, my work/salary will not be impacted by the pandemic. 

 

Wishing you ladies lots of good health and stay safe through all of this!


  • LLLMD likes this

Me: 35, Hub: 36

TTC 3.5 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif