56 replies to this topic

#26 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:47 PM

LLLMD - its normal not to feel great. Youre body is being pumped full of hormones, so it can really drag you down. Hang in there. Wont be long now!!

What is everyones clinic saying about COVID-19? My clinic is still going but implementing additional cleaning measures. If the province/country decides to shut non essential businesses down though, the fertility clinics will shut down

Im on day 9 of stims. Im hoping to trigger tomorrow or Wednesday and hope theres no shut down. Ive got 14 follicles, but 8-9 that are at a good place. Tricky thing is one ovaries follicles are ahead of the others - not sure what they will do!! Im just ready to get my little eggs out.

#27 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:19 PM

Hi BabyforQ!

Business as usual at RFP in Calgary today. Lots of social distancing between people in waiting room, hand sanitizers everywhere, screening at desk and requests not to attend if symptomatic. Clinic has requested that no extra people come with me to clinic unless absolutely required. My DH hung out in the car, but had to come in ultimately to sign some consents we missed.blush.png

Appointments will continue until they are informed otherwise to close. We will not be penalized if cycle is cancelled.

Day 5 showed 4 and 3 per side at 1cm, plus up to 3 on additional side (at least that is what I understood). Given it is my first cycle, unsure if good, bad, or otherwise. Antagonist shifted to tomorrow.

Crossing my fingers that you've gotten your eggs out today without fuss or difficulty, BabyforQ! 

I'd be curious to hear what is happening at other clinics and I hope that you are all well.

Best,

LLLMD

#28 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

LLLMD - great start!! It all depends on what your AMH is. So if your AMH is 5, youll likely get around 9-11. At least thats what Im told.

I heard that my clinic is cancelling cycles, not taking new monitoring, not transferring and not doing any procedures, so our May transfer plan might now happen :( Although they are finishing anyone who is in the middle of a cycle.

Im still good to go and will have my retrieval on Friday, triggering tonight!! Woohoo! Im hoping for double digits, but we will see. Fingers crossed!!

#29 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:39 PM

Misskika - how are you?? Is your cycle still going ahead?

#30 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 09:46 PM

Hi ladies!

LLLMD- oh yes, the meds can be fun! Many different symptoms. It's all part of the game of IVF! Just know it's not forever :) Great start on your cycle! How are things progressing? Any adjustments being made at your clinic as the situation unfolds?

BabyforQ- wowowowow! Those are some GREAT folly numbers! Seems like the new protocol worked well for you huh?!? Will Dr. G do your retrieval? I hear she has been out of the office for some time. I went in today for teaching day and they said I am good to go. Start priming on Friday with a retrieval set for around April 13 if all goes according to plan. I think I may be at the tail end of the batch of ladies who will have treatment continue. The nurse told me today that Dr. Hannam is fighting for the clinic to stay open tooth and nail since he doesn't want to have to lay off staff. She said they won't close unless they are forced lol but are only really seeing through planned egg retrievals (aka IUI, cycle monitoring, FETs, etc are all being postponed). She mentioned that all the fertility clinics in the US are closed and they may not be able to sent PGS biopsies in the immediate future but can keep them on ice. Such an odd time to be doing IVF!!! But also gives a great excuse for serious downtime :) 

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#31 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:49 PM

Hello all!

I hope you are doing well and your procedures are going as planned.

BabyforQ: good luck on Friday!!

MissKika: i hope your clinic continues as planned.

No idea what my AMH was (measured back in August) but it was "good" for age 39. We had gone in for egg retrieval and storage planning, only to learn we were infertile as a couple. 

Got a call from my RE yesterday. We had a good discussion as to whether or not to continue the stimulations in view of the current situation. He stated the clinic is not starting any cycles, advising strongly against fresh transfers, and again strongly recommended freezing embryos. We will be doing genetic testing so did not plan a fresh transfer anyway. 

Crossing fingers we continue. I am a raging biatch on the hormones--I want this over! hehehe

Hugs, stay safe all.

LLLMD

#32 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:33 PM

Misskika - I'm so glad to hear that they will allow you to continue!! I wasn't sure where they would cut things off. I'm grateful to be able to have my retrieval tomorrow and look forward to sharing with you guys my numbers and whether they will be sent for Biopsy or not. I haven't spoken to Dr. G and guess that she likely won't do the retrieval. From what I understand, its not always your doctor who does the retrieval. I also think she was out of the country recently, so she might be in quarantine. I also learned today that my DH won't be able to come in the procedure room with me :( I've been able to have him with me every other time, so I'm disappointed. 

LLLMD - my clinic seemed to suggest that they would still send it for biopsy, but I suppose its day by day. And who knows what's happening in the American labs. They are likely closed as well. So hard to spend all this money only to have things grind to a halt. It may be months before things are operational. Hang in there regarding the hormones!! Its short lived. Do you know when your retrieval is supposed to be? How are things growing?

#33 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:26 PM

BabyforQ- good luck with your retrieval tomorrow! Sorry DH can't be in the room with you, but at least it is going as planned! Wishing you a lot of success and make sure to take good care of yourself afterward! Today Heather (nurse) told me they won't be sending PGS samples to Colorado but will keep them on ice until they are able to ship. Most important thing is getting those eggs out and thankfully you are able to do it before it is no longer offered!

LLLMD- wishing you lots of luck on your discussion with RE re: stims. Hope that things can continue as planned!

AFM- I am officially amongst the last batch of ladies approved to finish out IVF until the clinic stops all fertility treatments. Such a weird scenario and I can't even explain how grateful I am to be able to still pursue egg retrieval right now. My husband and I have both had pretty chaotic work lives in the past (working in war zones) and he thinks it is appropriate that our future child/embryo could be created during a pandemic lol. Tomorrow I start estrogen priming and testosterone foam gel. Let the games begin!

Big hugs. Stay healthy and safe ladies. 

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#34 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:12 PM

MIssKika - I'm so glad that you are able to move ahead!!! Woohoo!!! It's totally wild to be doing this right now for sure.

LLLMD - how are you feeling? Will you be continuing with stims?

AFM - I'm still super loopy and feeling sore. But we managed to retrieve 9! I was hoping for more (at least double digits), but feeling good about 9. I have an AMH of 2, so this number blew everyone away anyways. I will know more tomorrow/early next week. Glad to get this far, but sad to have things just halt. there will be such a backlog once "normal" operations resume that it might still take quite some time before we are able to transfer. I will need to do a cycle where I get an ERA as well. 

Sending hugs to you both. Hang in there. You're both superstars for forging ahead in such crazy times.

#35 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:00 PM

7 mature and 5 fertilized :)
  • yaenaSK and LLLMD like this

#36 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:53 PM

hello all,

BabyforQ: that's great news, especially in pandemic situation I'd say it is a succes.

Misskika007: Amazing that they are allowing you to progress through treatments. Crossing my fingers for you that things chug along as "usual".

I had day 8 u/s yesterday: 10 follicles, all growing at same rate and between 1.3-1.4cm. Clinic is happy with this...I hope all ova can be retrieve and mature. Next checkup is tomorrow AM. My understanding is they're looking for 1.8cm as the goal for trigger shot.

The clinic is a ghost town. Many seats in waiting room removed to increase distance between everyone. Seemed like when I was there saw about 5 others coming and going, never more than 2 of us waiting in a huuuuuuuge waiting room!

I do not like the injections and my husband has been a star in administering them to me. My biggest symptoms are irritability, abdominal bloating, and fatigue. Less bothersome are the occasional hot flashes and headaches. 

Crossing fingers that I am reaching retrieval. I worry that I will be a day shy of it and the government will announce a complete shut down. cry.gif

Thinking of you guys as my friends through this...can't share with many...this is my outlet. heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

Best,

LLLMD

#37 MarchIVF

MarchIVF
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:29 AM

Hi everyone,

Im new to IVF. I started my Estrace, Testosterone and Progesterone. Must they have to be inserted at the same time each day? Anyone know what happens if the times slightly vary every day, by about 1-2 hours? How are you timing it?

I would like to have the best results possible for this cycle. I wish there were more clear directions, as I dont know how timing would affect the results.

I know that for the injections, it should be the same time daily.

Anyone concerned how Covid-19 social distancing at clinics will affect our IVF cycle? I hope the clinic doesnt cancel the process halfway.

#38 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:41 PM

Hi March:

I can't comment on that as those hormones were not part of my protocol. You would be best informed to double check with your clinic. They are used to these questions.

In regard to COVID19: every clinic is different. At mine, they will continue until the government tells them they cannot. They are not starting anyone past the date the "shut down". They are screening carefully. They are strongly warning against fresh or frozen transfers for this month. If they have to cancel, they state that will not penalize us financially and will restart us when they can.

I desperately hope that they stay open at least another 4 days. today's ultrasound shows 11 follicles (yay! another one showed up to the party). They are around 1.6-1.7 cm, so they will see me tomorrow to decide if we can trigger me then. Otherwise, likely trigger Tuesday.

Staying in myself. Trying to stay healthy. Feeling very fatigued and bloated. Looking forward to ending injections this week.

Hope everyone is well, healthy, and staying safe. Wash your hands regularly and well.

Best,

LLLMD

#39 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:37 PM

LLLMD - thats so great that things are progressing so well and that they are all around the same size. No doubt they will trigger you some time this week for retrieval! So exciting to almost be there. Are you doing a freeze all and PGS? I am totally with you regarding this being an outlet. I think of you guys as my friend last too! Were so lucky. I just wish we would be able to get to the next phase and transfer, but that is entirely out of our hands.

welcome MarchIVF. I would check with your clinic as well, but I did those three meds during my priming and had a little variation and dont think it was a big deal. My clinic is not accepting new patients and have cancelled all transfers and diagnostic procedures. The waiting rooms were so lean compared to what it usually was. I will be back in Wednesday for an ultrasound to ensure I dont have any complications after my retrieval and then I guess that will be it for awhile.

Stay Safe everyone!! Thinking of you all :)

#40 MarchIVF

MarchIVF
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 10:29 PM

LLLMD - what does the statement “ they state that will not penalize us financially and will restart us when they can.” mean?
Awesome news about the 11 follicles! Nice to know the types of side effects I might experience when I start my injections. Thanks for sharing!

BabyforQ - which Doctor did your retrievals at Anova? Is there any pain during or after a retrieval?

I’m very sensitive to medications and I also get cold easily, so I’ve been social distancing myself for a while now. I hope my body doesn’t react too much to the meds/injections. I don’t know what side effects to expect!?!

I’m thankful that we can share our IVF journey together and that I’m not alone in this. I don’t know anyone close to me who has done IVF. We’ll nobody really talks about it... or shares even after they have had their child. So this IVF Treatment seems like a big step into the unknown for me.

Please share any foods you are eating during your IVF cycle that would be of nutritional value for our eggs and healthy or fertility...
Pills: Coenzyme Q10 and prenatal vitamins.

Stay healthy everyone. Good luck with where you are at in your IVF stage. I wish you all the best!

#41 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:19 AM

MarchIVF - I was with Dr. Dixon from October 2017 - December 2019. After 3 failed IUIs and 3 failed rounds of IVF including 4 FETs, I decided to switch clinics. I needed a fresh perspective and change of scenery! My last FET ended in a miscarriage and Dr. Dixon didn't connect with me about it at all. I found I got the most support from Dr. Bentov. Are you at Anova? Who's your Dr?

#42 MarchIVF

MarchIVF
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:09 AM

BabyforQ - No, Im not at Anova. Im at Hannam and my doctor is Dr.Mahesan.
Im sorry to hear about your unsuccessful attempts and I hope that this IVF is a success for you.
For your previous IVF procedure which resulted in miscarriage, did you do the genetic testing for your embryos?

#43 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:50 AM

Im also at Hannam with Dr Garbedian :) I have done PGS testing every time and they still havent worked out. Unfortunately theres just no guarantee.

#44 MarchIVF

MarchIVF
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:58 PM

Let us continue to keep the faith!
Hoping for the best.

#45 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:36 PM

Hello!

Process keeps marching on in the life and times of COVID19...

MarchIVF: my clinic said that if they must stop the cycle due to complete lockdown by the government due to COVID, they will not charge a cycle cancellation fee and will restart the process once things are settled virus-wise. So, as long as I am healthy and the clinic is open we continue.

How are you feeling?

Fortunately/unfortunately--Today was not my trigger day. Only 2 at 1.8cm...but my right ovary keeps adding extra follicles--14 total now between 1.5-1.8. We did one last stim today with the RE hoping that the smallest ones catch up. A last ultrasound and estradiol tomorrow with plan to trigger for a retrieval on Thursday.

Our plan is for PGS so next step is for biopsy and freeze. We had always intended to delay at least a year for FET, so luckily the pandemic does not interrupt this.

I was late to the game of preparing for this, so I did not take anything special...just my usual vitamin D, melatonin for sleep, and regular prescription medications which I cannot stop. No prenatal vitamin for me since I am not planning for transfer. No alcohol, drugs (I have never used anything anyway!!), and just eating whatever I feel I can tolerate which unfortunately is too many carbs...that's quarantine for you!! Hubby has taken a whackload of supplements for sperm health that he read about on the Ottawa fertility clinic website.

BabyforQ: are your biopsies being sent now or waiting till later? Are they done in Canada or US?

Sending healthy vibes to all. Will update at end of week with numbers!

LLLMD

#46 MarchIVF

MarchIVF
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:50 PM

LLLMD - Im feeling very well. Just a little disappointed that my cycle has been suspended due to this Covid-19 government stop. Im looking forward to when the citys operations start up again. In the mean time, social distancing, social distancing, social distancing. LLLMD, its great that you have a lot of follicles! Your clinic is still open for ultrasounds? And thank you for sharing your healthy consumption habits!

Stay healthy everyone.

#47 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:46 PM

LLLMD - I really hope you are able to get your retrieval done. Will you trigger today? I believe my clinic sends the biopsy to the states - the clinic is affiliated with CCRM in the states. I'm not entirely sure, but I will be asking!

MarchIVF - I'm so sorry your cycle has been cancelled/postponed. There's nothing worse, but it's so far out of everyone's control. Hang in there.

Be well.

#48 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:19 PM

Hard times when things are out of control for everyone, on top of infertility which already contributes to a loss of control. I totally feel for you, MarchIVF, but this might not be the worst thing that could happen. Not a good time to get pregnant per the guidelines and recommendations across Canada, USA, and Europe.

I am doing my best to split my energy and time between IVF, COVID, work/return to work related stress, and relaxation! All of this is complicated by feeling so tired all the time...I do take a long nap in the day which is not normal for me.

I triggered yesterday. My retrieval is early tomorrow. I won't lie that I am slightly terrified about the retrieval procedure. I know that I am not under anaesthetic--just pain control and mild sedation--the only part I am looking forward to is that I get to see on screen what the embryologist sees in terms of eggs retrieved and their maturity.

Fingers crossed a hundred times that things go as planned. I will try to be as "zen" as possible about the whole thing.

Virtual, socially distanced hugs to you all. 

#49 MarchIVF

MarchIVF
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:15 PM

LLLMD, I wish you all the best tomorrow at your retrieval. Good luck to you!

#50 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:24 PM

hello!

So yesterday was interesting...I had no idea what to expect. The retrieval was not as bad as i thought. Not so much in pain as very very uncomfortable. A day later and it is much better but still don't feel quite right.

The doc was able to retrive 9 eggs. Today was updated that 6 fertilized.

Now comes the decisionmaking depending on how things progress--we still need to decide if we will go ahead with PGS with certainty or not, depending on how far these guys develop.

This wasn't in the plans at all. We aren't keen to do another cycle--I lose my health coverage at the end of June, which covered 80%of my drug cost. Still a very expensive and time consuming proposition even with that coverage...and it has been stressful for me.

The clinic is doing fresh transfers if that is what makes sense based on what develops and how. They've prophylactically started me on the estrogen and progesterone in case we proceed with fresh transfer...

This is such a whirlwind. Mind is racing. 

Any thoughts, prayers, feedback welcome!

Hope you've all had a great week,

LLLMD