#1 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

Hi All!

New to the board and to IVF!

I was looking for the thread for others doing a cycle in March and I don't see it. 

Am I alone as the only one who will going through this process in March?

It is my first cycle. I am married. Just turned 40. No kids. Wasn't anticipating difficulties and went to the fertility cilnic to pursue egg preservation for a couple years due to big career things and with the testing received the unexpected news that IVF is likely the only way as a couple that we can bear children.

Just looking for support buddies to trade stories and commiserate with. I am really scared of the whole rigmarole.

best,

LLLMD

#2 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:14 AM

Hi LLLMD, I will be cycling in March as well. This will be my third cycle, but a new protocol so Im somewhat new to this as well.

#3 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • 95 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:30 PM

Hi LLLMD, I'm beginning my 3rd cycle in March too (well the pre-stim cycle). I changed clinics and starting new protocol so feeling hopeful. IVF can be a wild ride but being mindful, present and gentle with yourself is super important. Wishing you lots of luck!

Hi OakvilleMama, we've been cycle buddies before! Wishing you lots of luck this round- may I ask, what's your new protocol?

Me: 35, Hub: 36

TTC 3.5 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#4 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:58 AM

Hi M007, looking forward to bring cycle buddies - hopefully the third and final for the both of us!!

I thought I was doing a micro dose flare protocol, but I emailed my doctor to confirm how the protocol will go and the nurse that called me back described a protocol very similar to my last protocol so Im a little nervous. Last time I did Estrace priming on CD21 and then Gonal F 300 and Luveris 75 and then added Gainirelex and then triggered with Ovidrel. According to the nurse yesterday this time Im doing BCP priming on CD 3 (14 or 21 days) and then Gonal F 300 and Menopur 75 and then adding Gainirelex and triggering with Ovidrel and Superfact. Im a little concerned that this new protocol wont be good for me (Im borderline DOR) because Ive read BCP can oversupress and Superfact is usually the trigger for people at risk of OHSS which I never come close to because Im a low responder. Ive left another message for my clinic to look into this and confirm this is the best protocol for me so hopefully I hear back today.

What protocol are you on?

#5 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:38 PM

Hi Oakville- did you get any answers from your clinic re: the protocol? Did they ever justify why they wanted to use BCP? And BCP for a whole cycle prior to stimming? I'm a low responder too but still got OHSS, so don't think you are in the clear hehe. Hope you get some answers soon, so unnerving to not understand why they are doing what. 

My protocol is focusing on egg quality since I'm a low responder with DOR. Starting with a pre-treatment cycle with estrogen priming, testosterone & saizen (HGH) following ovulation. Stims will start the following cycle and using Gonal-f 150, Menopur 150, Clomid 100, then adding cetrotide, triggering with Lupron + Pregnyl and letrozole post retrieval to push down estrogen quickly. This is radically different than the protocol I was on before, which was beginning with Orgalutran for 3 days, then stim with Purgeon 300 + Menopur 100, then adding orgalutran again, then triggering with ovidrel. I trust this new clinic/doctor a lot more so hoping for better results!

TTC 3.5 years

#6 aringala

aringala
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Ku Med

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:22 PM

Afternoon cycle buddies,

This is my 2nd IVF (also 7 IUI's and 1 mini IVF).  I'm 37 y/o started all of this 6 years ago.  I've changed jobs to get better insurance coverage and had a few years of savings in between cycles. It's been a journey for sure.

I'm in a new clinic as well and she is doing the max dose 450 Gonal F with 150 menopur.  We had to cancel in October bc they put me on BC to regulate my cycle and totally goofed me up (only 2 follies).  Then they didn't do any cycles in November/December, then late January said they were full.  Frustrated but trying to tell myself that everything happens for a reason.  Finally I started stimming a few days ago, first US after stim is Friday. 

If all goes well I'll go on a 3 month Lupron suppression dose for adenomyosis and then we'll transfer.  A lot of what if's in my future and it's the last one I'm doing.  Trying to be calm and present for everything.  Really working on relaxation and rest evenings/weekends.  Any other sound advise, I always forget how hard the wondering is.

I'm glad to have a support group and wish us all so much luck and love

#7 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:54 AM

Hi all!

So glad to hear from you all. I don't feel so alone.

I am doing the pre-stim OCP. My baseline U/S is on March 5.

Hopefully everything looks as good as it did in October and we can move forward.

I don't know much about different medication protocols (I am not certain what mine is exactly, even!!) since this is our first go.

I am hopeful for each and every one of you and look forward to your posts about your journey.

#8 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 108 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:47 AM

HI All! I am also starting my 4th IVF cycle in March. I switched clinics from Anova to Hannam and am so happy so far. I'm really glad I did it too - especially after 3 failed IVFs (with 4 transfers), 3 failed IUIs and a miscarriage. Time for a fresh start and fresh perspective!

I am currently on priming until Sunday, then will go in for my baseline Friday to start meds on Sunday, March 8. I will be on the antagonist protocol with saizen, L-thyronxine (for thyroid support, which is new for me and interesting), Gonal F 250, Menopur 150, Clomid 100 then cetrotide when needed. My plan is very similar to Misskika's actually!! We've actually cycled together before too I think. 

My retrieval date is set for March 19, which has me on stims for only 10 days. The last two times I stimmed for 17 and 18 days. My new Dr has been shedding a lot of light on things that my old clinic did wrong and indicated I had been over suppressed, which caused the slow start. Then being on the meds for so long caused the quality to diminish. I am excited to see how things pan out this cycle! We will be doing a freeze all and PGS testing, then an ERA biopsy in April, so likely no transfer until May. 

Me: 38 DH: 40

Issue: DOR

Round #1

DD born after 2 rounds IUI with injectables in Dec 2015 babygirl.gif

Round #2

TTC since April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017, BFN

IVF #1, one PGS normal embryo, FET March 2018, BFN

IVF # 2, two PGS normal embryos, FET July 2018, BFN, FET Dec 2018, BFN
IUI #2, March 2019, BFN (Doctor suggested trying IUI 2 more times since it worked for my DD)

IUI #3, June 2019, BFN

IVF#3 - one mosaic embryo, FET Nov 2019 - BFP - MMC at 8 weeks + 2 

IVF #4 - changed clinics, retrieval March 20, 2020

#9 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 12:09 AM

Hey BabyforQ! I switched to Hannam too, maybe that is why our protocols are similar! Are you with Dr G? If so, she also pointed out a lot of errors my previous clinic did and its making me feel so hopeful about this cycle! I will also do a freeze all with PGS. Interested to hear if you see any changes from the priming and HGH. Sending you lots of positive vibes!

TTC 3.5 years

#10 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:57 AM

Misskika - I am also with Dr. G! I will keep you posted on how things go. I finished priming yesterday, so go in for my baseline Friday to start stims. Its so nice having the calendar and meds all laid out. So different for what I'm used to.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Sending positive vibes to all!

Round #1

Round #2

TTC since April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017, BFN

IUI #2, March 2019, BFN (Doctor suggested trying IUI 2 more times since it worked for my DD)

IUI #3, June 2019, BFN

#11 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 921 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:54 AM

Just thread crashing because I recognized a couple of names. Misskika, OakvilleMama, BabyforQ - wishing you all such a great cycle and hope this is the one for you!

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! Hoping this is our strong embryo!

#12 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:36 PM

Thanks, yaenaSK! How is your pregnancy progressing?

I finally was able to get in touch with my clinic and my doctor is putting me on the Flare Protocol. Im not sure if there was a mix up with my original orders or if she rethought it after I questioned it, but in any event Im now on the Flare. She also has me using Menopur instead of Luveris and weirdly has reduced my Gonal F to 300 instead of 375. Im a little surprised by this because I had a very slow and low response last time and ended up stimming for an insanely long time. Im not sure if I should question the reduction or just trust her. I wish there was good literature describing all the different protocols. My guess would be that she reduced it to improve quality. I find it so interesting and Im so curious why different people are on different protocols. I started CD1 today so start my BCP this week. Im really hoping the only put me on 14 days of BCP instead of 21.

How is everyone else doing?

#13 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 10:48 AM

Happy to know I am with an experienced bunch,based on the above posts.

As per usual, I bleed mid cycle with OCP--i think because it is not enough hormone for my body habitus. In case this informs anything for the clinic, i let them know. It sucks because having one period a month is already one period too many!!laugh.png

#14 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 03:07 PM

Oakville - what sort of Menopur dose are you on? I know it's a different protocol, but I did (I think) 75 of Menopur and 300 of Gonal-F this past go, after being a pretty lame responder in my first IVF (at 35 I only managed 7 eggs - after 2 weeks of stims). I had a MUCH better response to the new dosages, to the point they were watching me closely for OHSS at one stage (never happened). Also, if your clinic allows this - mine recommends using only half the diluent for Menopur, and that massively reduces the stinging/burning (since it's basically salt water right?).

The pregnancy has been going well. :) I have my anatomy scan the end of this month. I had a few scares early on - bleeding again, off and on until week 10 (FML) but every checkup has shown a healthy baby . I am starting to relax finally. It's tricky because I have an anterior placenta this time, which means I basically feel no movement yet (18 weeks), and the HB is hard to find on a home doppler - so I'm just having to find some faith in this one. Well, and the fact I am still puking almost daily is reassuring.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#15 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:37 PM

BabyforQ- Congrats on completing the priming! How did your baseline look? I’m probably sitting next to you at the clinic these mornings lol!!

Yaena! HI! Thank you for the good energy. So glad to hear this pregnancy will bring you a new little one! Hope you have a great anatomy scan and you can really relax and enjoy this pregnancy!

Oakville- Interesting. I have heard that too much stim can also oversuppress, so maybe that is why your RE is trying you on a new protocol. Did they say specifically it was to improve quality? Yes the different protocols are so interesting! It’s neat to share because, who knows, maybe some helpful tips to share with our REs! Congrats on starting your BCP- the cycle begins!

LLLMD- I’m sure that will be really helpful information to give to your clinic! The more they know about your cycles, the more they can understand how you may react to certain meds or what could be your underlying factors re: trying to conceive.

AFM- Went in to the clinic today for Day 5 baseline monitoring for my pre-treatment cycle. Man this clinic is way more organized and transparent than the last one. Will be heading in on Tuesday for another ultrasound/bloodwork to track ovulation as well as another sono since I have now had two with completely different findings (one said tubes are blocked, the other said they were not!) Very important since my RE will convert cycle to IUI if not too many follies grow. I hope this is an option! Will begin priming, HGH & testosterone 7 days post ovulation. 

TTC 3.5 years

#16 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 01:59 PM

Yaensk - that is such amazing news, Im so happy for you! I hope the anatomy goes well. Im curious what protocol you were on the second time and how many eggs you got? Im 34 and on my last protocol I only got 9 eggs but only 3 fertilized with ICSI. My first IVF when I was 32 I got 10 eggs and only 2 made to blast but I was on low dose 225 Gonal F And 75 Luveris. Im now doing the flare and really hoping for a better response, but maybe Ill just never be a good responder.

Misskikka - They didnt say and I didnt ask. I decided to try and be less annoying and just trust my doctor. I know my last cycle there were egg quality issues they didnt mature enough or something? I cant remember exactly but I had to stim for like 2 weeks and was on 375 Gonal F and 75 Luveris.

AFM - I started my BCP priming this week and got the shorter 14 day priming period! I start Superfact on March 19th and then stims around March 23rd. This protocol seems so much faster than my last antagonist protocol!

#17 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 02:24 PM

Oakville - YAY for shorter priming periods! I'm definitely going to be lurking and following along.

I did an antagonist protocol both times - not sure why the second time responded so much more, other than the increase in doses? First time, it was the lowest doses of both Gonal F and Menopur (both with BCP leading up, although I think I was on BCP a little longer this time - my clinic just said whenever my day 1 was, the month prior to our IVF start, to start it then - it randomly ended up being longer this time around). Both times it took a fair bit for bleeding to start, too, when I stopped the BCP - I think it was around 7 days the second time.

First time, after two weeks of stims and a lower dose of Pregnyl (trigger), I had 7 eggs, 6 fertilized, and 3 made it to blast. Second time, I stimmed for 10 days, triggered with a mid-range dose (still Pregnyl) and had 16 eggs, 11 fertilized and 6 made it to blast. (I also think I had to start Cetrotide a little sooner with the second cycle, but only by a day or so.) I am really curious about the flare protocol, since I keep hearing it more and more. I wonder if it is newer and has some better results, at least for particular infertility causes (or lack of causes)?

#18 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 03:58 PM

Misskika - I probably was sitting near you at HFC this am! Such a small world. I agree they are way more organized and transparent - although I felt like I waited a lot longer. At my old clinic you had an appt for your ultrasound. Glad things are forging ahead for you and that they have a clear plan even if they don't have all the answers right now;

Yaena - I'm so glad to hear that things are progressing well with your pregnancy! I have my fingers and toes crossed for a great anatomy scan. 

Oakville Mama - I think we've cycled a few times before as well. Glad you are on the shorter protocol for BCP. Its never been a part of my plan, but no doubt being on it a long time can be frustrating, especially when we all just want to get things going.

AFM - my baseline went well this am and I'm cleared to start. I start with 250 gonal-f, 150 menopur, 100 clomid and L-Thyroxine starting Sunday. I also do Saizen on certain days. I've done three rounds of IVF already and the last one only gave me one mosaic and I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Prior to that I had three transfers, none of which took with PGS normal embryos. I'm nervous/fearful...trying to take it day by day, but its hard when its been three long years and i have nothing to show for it. I guess when you get used to bad news its hard to believe there will be good news ahead. How do you guys manage that mental/emotional aspect??

Round #1

Round #2

TTC since April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017, BFN

IUI #3, June 2019, BFN

#19 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 02:17 PM

Hello all!

I got my protocol this week; this is my regimen to start, from my little reading it is a common antagonist protocol:

Rekovelle 12mcg

Menopur 150IU

with plan for cetrotide suppression on day 5.

Any comments? I don't see many on rekovelle on here (or just haven't come across it yet)...just waiting to finish OCP and get my "period" to start, tentatively March 12.

I am hoping and praying for good results of protocols and pregnancy progress for those of you at that stage!

best,

LLLMD

#20 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:50 AM

Oakville- Congrats on the quick priming protocol! Here is to a successful cycle and lots of follicles/eggs this round!

BabyforQ- how are things going with stims? How are you feeling? I totally know how you feel. Trying to conceive for almost four years, 2 natural miscarriages, 2 rounds of IVF, one of which I only got 2 eggs that didn’t make it to blast and the other which resulted in 2 FETs, one a chemical and another a big BFN. I’m hoping I was just on the wrong protocol for my body the whole time and Dr G knows what she is doing. Seemed like my last clinic took a cookie cutter approach and didn’t really look at the other factors related to why I may be responding low. Being mindful is the only thing we can do at this point. So much out of our control. I have been trying to focus on all of the positive things in my life outside of this fertility journey and try to be thankful for life. Also spending lots of time in nature and remembering to breathe. I always get optimistic every cycle and try to ride the wave as long as I can. We are just beginning a new wave, so enjoy a rush of optimism!! :) :) 

LLLMD- wishing you lots of luck on this upcoming cycle!! :) 

TTC 3.5 years

#21 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:33 PM

Misskika - stims are going well so far. Back at the clinic tomorrow to get a sense of how things are progressing. Thanks for your feedback on coping. I am trying to take it day by day :) Waiting for that rush of hope to flood in.

LLLMD - Ive never taken Rekovelle so cant provide any insight. Are you still due to start March 12?

Round #1

Round #2

TTC since April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017, BFN

IUI #3, June 2019, BFN

#22 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:17 AM

Hi Everyone!

BabyforQ keep us posted, I hope there are lots of follies growing in there!

LLMD - I havent taken that but based on my favourite Dr Google it looks like a new alternative to Gonal F! I hope you respond well to it!

AFM just taking this dreaded BCP and have our teaching appointment today. I havent been on BCP in over 15 years and man I cant believe people take this regularly. I have definitely gained weight in just a week and am hungry all the time, my boobs are heavy and sore and its making me break out. Ive got less than a week to go thank goodness. Im trying to get in a good headspace for this cycle, but its challenging after my last cycle that resulted in absolute nothing. I am so afraid I wont end up with any embryos.

#23 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:19 AM

OakvilleMama - I total understand your fear heading into a new cycle. I had the same thing with this cycle having had three failed IVF cycles already. I feel like hope has crept in once I started to see progress. I know its so hard, but try to take it day by day. Its the worst when you're in it and on the different meds and feeling awful, but that moment will be over before you know it and distant memory in no time with hopefully only good things to show. 

AFM - I had my first check yesterday morning and things went WAY better than I expected. It was day 6 of my cycle and day 3 of stims. I have 5 follicles all around 1 and more antral folliclies growing - woohoo! Last summer after 7 days of stims I was just reaching this size and only had 3 follicles (I ended up stimming of 17 days!) It only reinforces my decision to change clinics as I'm already getting better results because I haven't been over-surpressed by the priming meds. 

Round #1

Round #2

TTC since April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017, BFN

IUI #3, June 2019, BFN

#24 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:13 AM

Oops- looks like I tried to post a message and it didn't stick!

Oakville- hope you are feeling well on BCP! Estrogen/BCP priming is supposed to help with egg quality (that's what my clinic says) so hopefully this means you will get more out of this cycle. More meds suck but hopefully your outcome this time is great!

BabyforQ- Wow! Now that is quite an improvement! Sounds like the new protocol is working for you! High five! How has it been since then? Any idea when you will retrieve? Hope you are feeling great!

AFM- I ovulated on Friday so will begin estrogen priming, Saizen + testosterone gel on Friday. Feeling optimistic!

TTC 3.5 years

#25 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:55 AM

Hi everyone!

How are you doing in the midst of the pandemic panic?

I had planned a 2 week medical leave of absence starting tomorrow, but extended it to start today as our clinic continues to see patients as long as we are asymptomatic. I work in the hospital, so I want to reduce my chances of getting exposed to anything!

I am on day 4 of stims. Is it normal to feel like crap? (low grade headache, fatigue, moody and bloated) I feel bad for hubby.

Like OakvilleMama, I hated the OCP priming and I have no personal history of using it regularly, and I got some nasty pimples from it too. 

I am trying to stay calm, practise mindfulness, and keep in touch with friends and family via email/text/phone to stay sane.

will update after tomorrow u/s.

Hugs to you all....it is a tricky time to be doing this.

Best, LLLMD