Vaccination right before FET?
Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:50 PM
I tried to get caught up on my vaccines before this point, but I still have my final dose of the Hep A and Hep B vaccines left to go. I'm due to take it this month, but that would mean getting vaccinated either just before or just after embryo transfer. I looked both up, and neither are live attenuated vaccines, and both are considered safe to give pregnant and lactating women. Those pregnant women, however, would typically already have a well-established pregnancy since they wouldn't know they were pregnant otherwise. I'm worried that the normal immune response of learning to recognize Hep A + B might interfere with implantation. Would I be better off waiting a month or so and getting my final dose then? Or am I just worrying over nothing, and I should go ahead and get this tied up before pregnancy?
Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:52 PM
Assuming you are not travelling and are not at risk of being exposed, I would wait until the 2nd trimester.
If you are travelling, I would take them ASAP. You can try calling a public health nurse to see if there's any harm in taking them early.
Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:34 PM
Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:34 PM
This is a question for your doctor to answer. In absence of anyone here being an RE with a specialty in immunology no one could possibly give you an appropriate evidenced based answer.