• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kansteo

Kansteo
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:50 PM

Hello, I'm scheduled to undergo my first embryo transfer in a week, and I'm due for a vaccination but I'm concerned about the immune response to the vaccine interfering with implantation.

I tried to get caught up on my vaccines before this point, but I still have my final dose of the Hep A and Hep B vaccines left to go. I'm due to take it this month, but that would mean getting vaccinated either just before or just after embryo transfer. I looked both up, and neither are live attenuated vaccines, and both are considered safe to give pregnant and lactating women. Those pregnant women, however, would typically already have a well-established pregnancy since they wouldn't know they were pregnant otherwise. I'm worried that the normal immune response of learning to recognize Hep A + B might interfere with implantation. Would I be better off waiting a month or so and getting my final dose then? Or am I just worrying over nothing, and I should go ahead and get this tied up before pregnancy?

#2 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 08 February 2020 - 03:52 PM

Assuming you are not travelling and are not at risk of being exposed, I would wait until the 2nd trimester.

If you are travelling, I would take them ASAP. You can try calling a public health nurse to see if there's any harm in taking them early.

#3 Kansteo

Kansteo
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:34 PM

Thank you, I think that sounds like a good idea. I won't be travelling, but I have family members with hepatitis, hence my concern. But second trimester seems like a safer bet.

#4 CdnHockeyGal

CdnHockeyGal
  • Super Moderator
  • 7094 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, baseball & travel
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Several in Canada & US

Posted 10 February 2020 - 03:34 PM

This is a question for your doctor to answer.  In absence of anyone here being an RE with a specialty in immunology no one could possibly give you an appropriate evidenced based answer.

It was long, awful & hard. We got very lucky and didn't run out of both emotional and financial resources. We saw some of the most beautiful of people in our lowest moments. Baby Girl arrived Apr 10/2018