FET protocol

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:37 PM

This is my first frozen transfer. My doctor has me on 3mg of estrogen 2x a day which I started on cycle day 3. I went in today for blood work and ultrasound after being on the estrogen for 14 days and my lining is only 5.6. I am so nervous and sad! My doctor doesnt seem concerned and is increasing my dose. Has anyone had a similar situation and then gone on to get a bpf?

Also does anyone know the success rate of a PGS normal tested embryo?

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3131 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 05 February 2020 - 09:53 AM

This is my first frozen transfer. My doctor has me on 3mg of estrogen 2x a day which I started on cycle day 3. I went in today for blood work and ultrasound after being on the estrogen for 14 days and my lining is only 5.6. I am so nervous and sad! My doctor doesnt seem concerned and is increasing my dose. Has anyone had a similar situation and then gone on to get a bpf?

Also does anyone know the success rate of a PGS normal tested embryo?

Most definitely yes. See my profile.

#3 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 323 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

For PGS normal embryo success rate I've heard between 65 and 85%. My RE told me 65%

#4 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:52 PM

Thank you for your feedback

#5 tsm37

tsm37
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:54 PM

85% success rate is way too high in my opinion. My wife had two PGS/PGD tested embryos transferred in December 2019 and still ended up with a miscarriage. I will say 60%.

When my wife did the FET, her lining was around 8-9. 

#6 KDP

KDP
  • 8 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:33 PM

I was at 5.6mm in day 14. We only got up to 6.2mm by day 21. I was taking estrogen vaginally as well as via the patches but my body just doesn’t build a thick lining. I did my fresh transfer with a 6.4mm lining and it resulted in a successful pregnancy so we transferred with the 6.2mm lining. I’m currently 11 weeks pregnant with that transfer so fingers crossed it is also successful. I’m not sure if that gives you hope but there is hope on a thinner lining if your clinic is willing to transfer. Neither was PGS tested.

#7 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:18 AM

Tsm37: thank you for your reply. I am so sorry about your wifes miscarriage.

Kdp: Im glad you had success! Unfortunately my doctor wont even consider doing a transfer unless the lining is 8+

My cycle is being canceled due to thin lining. They were only able to get me to 7mm. Does anyone know how long it will be before I get my period? Good luck to you all

#8 KDP

KDP
  • 8 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

So sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. For me getting up to 7mm is impressive! Hopefully they can adjust your meds and you'll get up to 8mm next time!

I'm not sure if they gave you prometrium to induce a period but the one time I cancelled due to a thin lining (5.8mm) my period started about 7 days after starting it which would have been about 10 days after the cancelled cycle I think.

All the best with your next cycle!

#9 Tarsette

Tarsette
  • 76 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:12 AM

You should ask your doctor about trying to get the lining thicker with low dose stims. They encourage your body to produce more estrogen. Some people (I am in that case) dont grow a thick lining with synthetic estrogen. Low dose stims allowed me to get to 8.4 mm and carry to term a beautiful little girl! Good luck, I know how frustrating lining issues are...