No replies to this topic

#1 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

Hi, 

Just wondering if Dexamethesone is a safe drug to use up until the pregnancy test during a FET (1mg, orally daily). 

The reason I'm asking is with my last successful FET we used Dex. However with this next protocol my clinic is now recommending that we don't use it in light of the possible risk of birth defects. I was doing some research online however it seems VERY common to use in IVF to reduce inflammation and improve live birth rates. 

Thoughts? What's the risk of birth defects? And what type of birth defects? Or just your personal experience in using DEx would be appreciated. 

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019