• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:25 AM

Hi all,

I am prepping for first ever ivf cycle (long story short I don’t have any fertility issues and we got pregnant after 2 unmedicated iuis with dd. We are using a donor and found out he’s retired so we only have 2 vials and want to give ourselves the best chance so hopped over to ivf). I had my sono yesterday and my RE found a tiny polyp (6mm) she said it was up to me but her recommendation was to leave it (due to the size and position). She said they will monitor it and if it grows a huge amount we will just do a freeze all and have it removed at that point. She said it was of course my decision but that it was her recommendation to leave it (she said they remove anything over 1cm but under that there isn’t any research that it makes a difference). Anyone else had this experience?

#2 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:46 PM

I recently had a polyp show up on ultrasound.  There was one and it was around 1 cm.  When I went to get it removed it turned out that I actually had many polyps.  I have had a previous successful pregnancy and before we transferred the embryo that resulted in that pregnancy, one ultrasound said I had a polyp and one said I didn't.  So now that I have had had many polyps removed it makes me wonder if they were in there when we did our transfer.  I carried a healthy pregnancy and it was great.  All this to say, there may be more polyps as that was my experience, and if it in any way is going to hinder your chance of getting pregnant, it might not be a bad idea to have them removed.  I'm sure you don't want to waste embryos and give you your best chance.  So obviously it's up to you, but from my experience you may have more than what they can see.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!