• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gigi82

Gigi82
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

Hi all, Id really appreciate some advice. Im 37, struggling with unexplained infertility for 2.5 years with no previous pregnancies. We waited a year for a funded cycle of ivf which is scheduled to happen this month. Im on Estrace for priming for the last week or so and was suppose to call on my day one to start the ivf cycle/meds.

Well my period is currently 5 days late and yesterday I decided to do a pregnancy test and to my absolute shock and astonishment it shows positive. Today again I tested positive. This is very exciting but.....

I have massive anxiety now that if this isnt a viable pregnancy or chemical or if I miscarry after they cancel my ivf cycle then Ill have to wait another year at the back of the waitlist !!! I cant mentally or financially or age wise deal with going through that again!

As excited as I am to be showing pregnant for the first time in my life Im terrified itll not stick or be viable and I lose my spot for ivf! Maybe its not a rational fear but what would you do? Do you think the clinic will cancel my ivf plan immediately before making sure I dont miscarry this month? Do you think Id have to go and wait another year again? Im scared of calling them cause I dont want to lose everything again .. thank you for your advice in advance... I was planning on calling them later tonight

#2 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

It really sounds like it would depend on the clinic. Each clinic is given alot of leeway in how they manage their wait lists. If you are with a busy clinic they may not notice your absence for a while. I don't know how you can find out their policy without showing your hand unless you called and asked without telling them your identity.

Call your family doctor and get a couple HCG tests. If the beta is doubling appropriately it will give you a fairly good idea if this is likely to be a viable pregnancy. Good luck!

You can also try PMing the people on this forum who go to your clinic. Maybe they can give you some valuable information. What clinic are you with?

#3 Gigi82

Gigi82
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:12 PM

Mount Sinai Fertility.. I should have asked this from them before but never in a million years did I imagine I’d actually conceive naturally..
I’m new here so don’t know who goes to that clinic..

#4 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:53 PM

Hi Gigi82,

I dont have any info to contribute but in this forum site there is a thread under the section 'trying to conceive' . .its called clinic chat and has a list of all different clinics....you could put it in search....i saw mt sinaii there....you could chat with others who go there ;-)

Tang71  

#5 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:19 PM

Gigi82 I must confess I am nosy and dying to know your HCG(s)! Did you manage to get one done?

#6 Gigi82

Gigi82
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:55 AM

So I went to the clinic this morning and did a blood test and ultrasound. I could totally see a small black blob in the ultrasound and I heard the reception people murmur to each other the word pregnant. Then they take me to talk to the nurses and all she says is well call you by 3 pm to tell your results? Why couldnt they tell me then?
Anyway Im back home now quite nervous. Still on Estrace which is making me quite ill. Ill keep you posted.

#7 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

The techs aren't supposed to tell you anything. It sucks. I think its Ontario law. It takes a few hours to do the HCG test, when I had some done with lifelabs they sometimes came out as late a 9pm. And the doctor wants to see the result before you. It makes them feel important. rolleyes.gif

Good luck today!

#8 Gigi82

Gigi82
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:29 PM

Thank you! 😊 they did call me few hours later and they said I am indeed pregnant. They said they wont cancel our ivf spot until the first ultrasound in couple of weeks. After that I guess if everything is good Ill get kicked out of the program and just need to keep my fingers crossed that everything progresses well!
  • annatarz79 likes this

#9 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:27 AM

Congratulations! I hope this is a take home baby for you. I'm glad to hear your clinic is keeping you on their waitlist.

Are they having you come in for a second HCG?