DHEA or HGH for improving egg quality?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Elmhurst

Elmhurst
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 06 January 2020 - 11:03 PM

I'm 40, soon to be 41.  Have been trying for baby #2 for 2.5 years, have had six miscarriages (combination of anembryonic, MMC/loss of heartbeat, and one aneuploid pregnancy).

We also did IVF last year on long lupron protocol, got 13 eggs, 10 mature, 7 fertilized, only 1 made it to blast, BFN.

Since then we switched fertility clinics due to a move.

Just went through my last MC which was the result of a FSH IUI (the rest were all natural pregnancies). 

At my last clinic I had inquired about DHEA, they were not in favour of it, however, I cannot remember why. However, they did recommend human growth hormone to improve egg quality. At the new clinic, they have recommended DHEA, and do not work with HGH. Question is, is there evidence to support either of these to improve egg quality and is one better than the other? Looking for evidence-based information before doing a deep dive on the internet...

New clinic has also suggested short protocol (with DHEA and estrogen priming)... Just want the best shot at this as another IVF cycle is likely our last chance.

AMH is 23 (surprisingly high)

AFC is around 10 (sometimes lower)

TSH is 2.6