131 replies to this topic

#126 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:24 AM

Hope everyone is doing well...Daisy, Returnable and BCMom - how are things?

AFM - We got a Day 3 update on Sunday and all 4 of our embryos were doing fantastic. All of them were 8 cell with 3 of them graded 4s and one was graded 5! Unfortunately yesterday they let us know that we only had one they were going to freeze and it was a B4BB?? I think that was what she said...its a good quality. The other 3 were not good enough to freeze so they were going to give them an extra day but she didn't seem too confident that they would be strong enough to freeze on Day 6. I'm so disappointed that after 3 lots of eggs (I believe 20 or 21 eggs in total) we have only managed to create 1 embryo. I know it only takes one but I really thought after our Day 3 update that we would have more. Then she said they are pretty booked up for July for starting cycles and now (because my last period started early) I am expecting to start on July 29th I might not be able to go for a transfer my next cycle. Frustrating day!

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Day 3 transfer of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  DE IVF #2 cancelled due to poor lining

Jan 2020  DE IVF #2 cancelled due to poor lining and bad weather

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

#127 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 377 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:19 AM

Carter! That's so frustrating. I will say, all of my DEB embryos have been frozen on Day 6, and usually were cavitating morulas on Day 5. So you might get another few embryos today. But still, how incredibly disappointing. It does make me wonder if there's something off with the freeze or thaw procedures. 1 embryo out of 20 or 21 eggs (or even if you get 2-4 embryos after today) is so much less than expected.

And so disappointing to face another delay as to when you can start. It's just been one thing after another, I'm sorry.

I have my follow-up today. CNY has a pretty intense immune protocol which they helpfully put online, so I'm going to ask about all of it! I suspect my doctor will not be on board with a lot of it, but might as well ask!

returnable, that is an interesting perspective on all the doctors, thanks for sharing! I haven't had any experiences with Drs. Hartman, Perry or Casper. 

Dr. A - did first three transfers, first two sonos, was my first doctor. I liked her a lot though my husband sort of lost faith by the end. She still says hi in the hallways and hugged my after my loss, seems vested in me.

Dr. K.C. - did my first two retrievals. I actually liked him during my retrievals but maybe because I was doped up!

Dr. P.C. - did my known donor's retrieval. I thought he was really nice during the 1-min I met him after the retrieval, and she had no complaints. 

Dr. G - did my third retrieval and my third sono. I cried after that retrieval because it was so disappointing, but I think she's nice and we had a nice chat during my sono.

Dr. L - did my second day IUI procedure. The vial broke and he was very apologetic and made a lot of amends for it. Luckily we had a frozen sample so it was okay.

Dr. S - did my first day IUI procedure. Not a long interaction but she seemed good.

Dr. N - did my three donor transfers, is my current doctor. He is so kind and thoughtful, really tries to come up with new ideas for us. 

I've also had appointments with both naturopaths (Drs. F and M). I feel like this whole clinic is probably desperate for us to succeed, my husband and I joke about how we keep bringing down their stats. ;)

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Lots of tough times (and even good news can bring anxiety). 

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#128 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3224 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:38 AM

Carter! That's so frustrating. I will say, all of my DEB embryos have been frozen on Day 6, and usually were cavitating morulas on Day 5. So you might get another few embryos today. But still, how incredibly disappointing. It does make me wonder if there's something off with the freeze or thaw procedures. 1 embryo out of 20 or 21 eggs (or even if you get 2-4 embryos after today) is so much less than expected.

And so disappointing to face another delay as to when you can start. It's just been one thing after another, I'm sorry.

I have my follow-up today. CNY has a pretty intense immune protocol which they helpfully put online, so I'm going to ask about all of it! I suspect my doctor will not be on board with a lot of it, but might as well ask!

returnable, that is an interesting perspective on all the doctors, thanks for sharing! I haven't had any experiences with Drs. Hartman, Perry or Casper. 

Dr. A - did first three transfers, first two sonos, was my first doctor. I liked her a lot though my husband sort of lost faith by the end. She still says hi in the hallways and hugged my after my loss, seems vested in me.

Dr. K.C. - did my first two retrievals. I actually liked him during my retrievals but maybe because I was doped up!

Dr. P.C. - did my known donor's retrieval. I thought he was really nice during the 1-min I met him after the retrieval, and she had no complaints. 

Dr. G - did my third retrieval and my third sono. I cried after that retrieval because it was so disappointing, but I think she's nice and we had a nice chat during my sono.

Dr. L - did my second day IUI procedure. The vial broke and he was very apologetic and made a lot of amends for it. Luckily we had a frozen sample so it was okay.

Dr. S - did my first day IUI procedure. Not a long interaction but she seemed good.

Dr. N - did my three donor transfers, is my current doctor. He is so kind and thoughtful, really tries to come up with new ideas for us. 

I've also had appointments with both naturopaths (Drs. F and M). I feel like this whole clinic is probably desperate for us to succeed, my husband and I joke about how we keep bringing down their stats. wink.png

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Lots of tough times (and even good news can bring anxiety). 

Wow you do know most of the doctors...you weren't kidding. I also have interacted with Dr. Perry and she is super. She'd been through IVF herself so was knowledgeable and compassionate. We had to go through her for the DEB assessment so I'm surprised you hadn't as I though she was just the standard. Her admin was also great and much more electronically inclined to do things than my current RE's admin.

I really do hope your follow up goes well and Dr. N is open to some of the things you bring to the table.

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#129 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:58 AM

Day 6 update - none of the others made it to freeze...but the one that did has around a 90-95% chance of surviving the thaw because its a high quality...silver linings icon_question.gif

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  DE IVF #2 cancelled due to poor lining

Jan 2020  DE IVF #2 cancelled due to poor lining and bad weather

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

#130 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 377 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

:( I'm sorry Carter. How frustrating. Fingers crossed this little one is the one. 

• Carter81 likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#131 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 42 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

Toes and fingers crossed for this little one

• Carter81 likes this

#132 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3224 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:57 PM

Carter hoping that this is the one for you.

• Carter81 likes this