#1 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:57 PM

Happy New Years ladies!

I've never started a topic before...but hopefully I have done it right?!? 

I hope everyone survived the holidays and is ready to tackle 2020. I plan to make this year MY YEAR. Positivity is my resolution (even though I don't normally make resolutions). I go for a lining check on the 8th and hopefully crsd.gif we will get the go ahead to travel on the 9th. 

How is everyone doing? Sending out good vibes and some love to anyone who needs it wub.png

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Day 3 transfer of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  DE IVF #2 cancelled due to poor lining

Jan 2020  DE IVF #2 cancelled due to poor lining and bad weather

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

#2 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:54 PM

Happy New Year!

Thanks for starting the thread, Carter. Good luck on the 8th! I really hope your lining cooperates and this will be your year. :)

We are waiting for a follow-up with our doctor to discuss our failed FET. We'll have to choose another donor at some point. I'm hoping to do another transfer in the next 2-4 months. 

Hello to everyone else!

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#3 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:00 PM

Happy New Year everyone!!

Well lets give it another go.....went in today for ultrasound & bloodwork. All good with lining but as we all know its only the beginning......

Transfer on the 9th and i am scared....not of the procedure but the outcome....
And also feeling very nervous about doing the prigesterone in oil needle.....worried i wint insert it properly or do it in the wrong spot....hit a nerve...lol i dont know what i am doing!!
Totally different experience for me than last transfer. ..i was so confident then...now i am trying so hard NOT to feel....but going to do my best to think positive.......

Wishing everyone a succesful and happy new decade.....may your dreams come true!! Sending out good thoughts and sticky baby dust :-)

Tang71  

#4 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:09 AM

We will (hopefully) be transfer buddies BCMom!! I get my clinic to draw circles on my behind where it is best to do the injections...they are actually not nearly as bad as I expected they would be. I completely understand the wanting not to feel as I started my cycle that way this time after our cancelled cycle last time. But I have decided to enter this one with as positive of a mindset as I can muster! Good luck and keep us posted...you got this!

Daisy, I hope finding a new donor isn't too stressful! Good luck!

TTC since 2012

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

#5 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3224 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:18 AM

I have also been MIA for most of 2019 but have dropped in every once in a while to read some of your stories. I am sorry for all those still struggling. In some ways I didn't want to post because we had lots of struggles of our own with our son being born at just 28 weeks gestation. I know it is hard still for some to hear complaints beyond a born baby, so it didn't feel quite right to update. I hope though that this quick update is okay.

We still have two frozen embryos left and hope to attempt another transfer later this year. It would be great if it worked, but if not, that will be the end for us due to age and we are okay with that. For those knowing my story, it was a very very long road as well. I do hope I can contribute again a bit more to help support the rest of you.

Here's hoping for all of you in 2020!

• begin.again and Chil22 like this

#6 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:34 AM

So great to hear from you Returnable! Hope your little family are all happy and healthy. Good luck with your future transfer. You have had such a long, hard journey. Keep us updated when you can!

• returnable likes this

TTC since 2012

#7 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:14 PM

We will (hopefully) be transfer buddies BCMom!! I get my clinic to draw circles on my behind where it is best to do the injections...they are actually not nearly as bad as I expected they would be. I completely understand the wanting not to feel as I started my cycle that way this time after our cancelled cycle last time. But I have decided to enter this one with as positive of a mindset as I can muster! Good luck and keep us posted...you got this!

Tang71  

#8 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

Tang71  

#9 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:26 PM

Hey Carter81!

Heres wishing a nice thick lining and a successful transfer to both of us!!

Yes I find that as I get closer I cant help but feel hope and excitement.....possibility :-)

I think the only thing about the injection really is sticking it in lol Once i do it a couple times it will be fine!! And there are so many horror stories out thete!!

Daisy: Big hugs for you

Tang71  

#10 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:27 PM

Sorry about the double quote there...not sure what happened there.....i have really found the estrace is frying my brain....cant do anythong right and im forgetting things all over the place!! Lol

Tang71  

#11 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:07 AM

I find the same thing with the Estrace! Losing things/forgetting all the time!!

TTC since 2012

#12 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

Hi everybody

Did fist PIO injection yesterday and not nearly as bad as i thought....although i feel for those who have to do it every day.....
The meds are kicking my butt though....do you ever have to remind yourself "why am i torturing myself like this" just to keep going? Lol and then imagine a positive result and keep on trucking!! :-)

Tang71  

#13 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:13 PM

So good to hear from you BCMom. I've often thought about you over the months. Good luck with this cycle! I hope you get a takehome baby. :) And yes PIO isn't all that bad although my bum hurt a fair amount by the end! The combo of meds all together can be a lot. 

Returnable, so good to hear from you. A baby born at 28 weeks is so scary. 73 days in the NICU must have felt like an eternity. How is he doing now? I think it's always nice to hear about births here but I appreciate your consideration of the audience. Keep us posted when/if you do another transfer!

Carter, hope you're doing good on the estrace, I have my fingers crossed for you on the 8th. :)

No updates here. Doctor's office opens tomorrow so we'll find out when our appointment is soon. Still looking at donors, hoping we will choose one by the end of the month. 

Hope you all had a good weekend!

TTC since 2013

#14 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3224 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:50 AM

So good to hear from you BCMom. I've often thought about you over the months. Good luck with this cycle! I hope you get a takehome baby. smile.png And yes PIO isn't all that bad although my bum hurt a fair amount by the end! The combo of meds all together can be a lot. 

Returnable, so good to hear from you. A baby born at 28 weeks is so scary. 73 days in the NICU must have felt like an eternity. How is he doing now? I think it's always nice to hear about births here but I appreciate your consideration of the audience. Keep us posted when/if you do another transfer!

Carter, hope you're doing good on the estrace, I have my fingers crossed for you on the 8th. smile.png

No updates here. Doctor's office opens tomorrow so we'll find out when our appointment is soon. Still looking at donors, hoping we will choose one by the end of the month. 

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Baby is doing great. Of course, as any parent you're excited by all the milestones but concerned when you think they should have done something by now but have not. He is under great care and support so I'm hoping even if something is lagging we'll have the help that we need.

I am sorry about having to look for another donor. I know how hard it was the first time around. Thank goodness for the guaranteed program! Best wishes for finding one that you are comfortable with.

#15 ALOE

ALOE
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Science, interior design, yoga, arts, gardening
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Abroad/Ontario

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:47 PM

Hello everyone,

I just came across this forum last weekend and was very motivated to see such a supportive community. I've been pretty much alone (aside from DH) on this journey and it has been quite difficult at times. Here are the details of my story:

I started TTC in 2015 (age 35) and more seriously in 2016. In 2016, I went to the fertility doctor because I wasn’t getting pregnant and found out I was in perimenopause. Attempted one IUI which ended up being canceled because I had too many follicles (~5). The following attempts after that didn’t work (cysts in one ovary or poor response). Was referred to the Ottawa Fertility clinic where I was told I wasn’t a candidate for IVF because of a very low ovarian reserve and was advised to use an egg donor.

We started conversations with several clinics and programs, and at some point we considered the options of the DEB USA & Shady Grove offered by the clinic in Ottawa, but realistically we were not in the position to afford that so we looked for options abroad (2017-2018).

I am currently with a clinic in Mexico City where I have a shared risk program (100% refund if no baby at the end of 4 cycles). We started in December of 2018 there.

First donor (Dec-Jan 2019): 12 eggs retrieved but only 4 embryos of good and regular quality were able to make it to day 3. I decided to transfer 2 embryos. The other ones didn’t make it to day 5 to be frozen. Got pregnant in this first one but ultrasound at week 8 showed an anembryonic pregnancy (only the sac developed). Miscarried shortly after stopping the progesterone and estrogen.

Second donor: 16 eggs retrieved and 4 made it to the blastocyst stage. Transfer 2 fresh embryos of very good quality in October of last year but got a BFN. In December 26th of 2019, I had another transfer of the remaining blastocyst that survived the thawing and last week got another BFN.

I am waiting to speak to the doctor to see what is next. I still have 1.5 cycles which would be equivalent to one more IVF with a new donor and 2 transfers. I don't know if something is wrong with me or what but I will ask for PGS and IS in the next cycle to at least have more information. 

Thanks for reading :) 

#16 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:36 AM

Welcome ALOE and I'm sorry to hear you have had such a difficult journey so far. The group of ladies here are super supportive and a wealth of knowledge so you've come to the right place. I hope you get some answers...keep us updated if you can! Sending you positive vibes!

BCMom - thinking of you on your transfer day!!!!!! crsd.gif crsd.gif crsd.gif crsd.gif

AFM - we are having more horrible weather here so our clinic decided to push my lining check until Monday and hopefully we will fly on Tuesday if all is well. I seem to be doing better with the brand name Estrace this time...no itching! I just hope its doing what it needs to.

TTC since 2012

#17 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

Daisy: thank you! I hope your donor search is going well....it can be hard to decide....fingets crossed that this will be the one that you make a take home baby with!! sending you some good vibes :-)

Thanks Carter!

Afm: transfer was today and went fine....now to wait and hope (but not too much) :-) test on jan 21st!

Hi and good wishes to eoe!!

Tang71  

#18 Drukgal

Drukgal
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:52 AM

Hello Everyone!
Happy new year to all of you and hope this is the year our dreams will come true :)
I had a positive pregnancy test last week! We are over the moon but still cautious, as you all know.
I have an ultrasound on the 22nd. Hoping things look good, will post an update once I know more.
Let's try and keep positive :)
  • Daisy.Eriksen and Carter81 like this

#19 lenle

lenle
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:57 PM

Hello ladies, happy new year and good luck to everyone :)
Like Carter, I also hope this will be my year and I am trying to be optimistic from the beginning. I can see that some of you have already started the medications and procedures. I am just at the beginning of my donor journey. I got bfn in december after my last transfer. With no chance to produce any more eggs because I have no ovaries left. We applied for the donor program imediately after that and I will call my clinic in a few days to see how it is going with the donor search. I was told that we could probably have our donor in february and then start the process.
Since nothing went smooth for us in the past few years I am a little bit worried but I feel different this time.
Somehow when I accepted there is no chance to have biological child and I have to use donor egg the pressure from having last two embryos is gone - meaning that now I have as many eggs as I need. Of course I hope I will only need one try to make my dream come true :)

#20 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 377 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

Returnable, glad to hear baby is doing well and you've got great care. Hope all is well.

BCMom, congrats on being PUPO! Will you test early? Another 8 days til beta!

Drukgal, congrats on your bfp! I hope your ultrasound goes well next week!

Carter, how did your lining check go? Safe travels tomorrow if you're heading out! I sure hope your lining has been cooperating.

Aloe, welcome! I'm sorry you've been through so much. I know I thought donor eggs would be an easy solution but sometimes it seems to take a few tries eh. I hope that your doctor is able to give you some answers and solutions and that your next cycle will be successful!

Lenle, welcome! I'm sorry you've been through so much. the loss of both ovaries must have been hard. But, I agree, sometimes once we accept the use of donor eggs it does take away some of that pressure! I hope that your clinic can find you a donor soon and that the process goes smoothly and successfully for you!

As for me, still another 2 weeks until we meet with the doctor and still no new donor. 

Hope you're doing well!

TTC since 2013

#21 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:56 PM

Well here I am again......

Got a big fat bfn.  So back at it.  Just waiting for my period to get here....I feel like it should have arrived by now?  Anyways then I am going to try again.  Have asked the nurse to ask doctor if I can put two this time.....seems like the quality may not be great and they are untested....Hope this time works, starting to really get bummed.  So questioning myself all the time and wondering what to do differently.....  Really didn't see it panning out this way, but then I guess nobody could predict the craziness and intensity of the whole ivf journey, not until you have done some of it.... not really.....

Daisy, how are you? Have you found your donor?  And I guess you will meet with the doctor soon?

Carter81    How's it going?

Sending you both some happy wishes!!

Tang71  

#22 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3224 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:15 PM

BCMom so sorry to hear about your result.

#23 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

Im so sorry BCmom. This journey is so hard and so incomprehensible. It seems like donor eggs should be our solution and when it doesnt work it feels so disappointing.
But I like to believe its just a matter of finding that right embryo and I hope that one of yours will be it.

We did choose a donor this week! I feel a tiny bit more hope but really, who knows what will happen. We see the doctor on Tuesday. I would like to ask for more tests and treatments etc but maybe it just has been bad luck and this donor will be the right one.

Carter hope youre doing alright and not too snowed in!

Drukgal how was your ultrasound?

Hope youve had a good weekend!

TTC since 2013

#24 ALOE

ALOE
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Science, interior design, yoga, arts, gardening
  • My Clinic:Abroad/Ontario

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:12 PM

Hi everyone,

BCMom: I am sorry. I think most of us can understand some of the disappointment and frustration you are feeling. All I can say is we gotta keep positive, it is the best we can do. As Daisy.Eriksen said, is all about finding that right embryo, and from our side, providing the right conditions.

I finally spoke to my Dr. and he wants to do a hysteroscopy and  immunological testing before moving on to the next donor cycle. I am still not sure about the timeline but hopefully sooner than later. I don't know about you guys, but although the age factor its been removed from the equation using a younger donor, every time the transfer fails I experience quite a bit of anxiety as time goes by :( 

Have any of you had a hysteroscopy?

Is it painful?

Have a good week everyone

#25 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3224 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:20 AM

ALOE I think further testing after failure is a good option. Although it appears to delay the timeline, if they do find something that they can address, most likely it can increase your chances of a transfer being successful. I myself don't really understand what the difference is between a sonohysterogram and a hysterogram, are you sure he said hysterogram and not sonohysterogram? I've had the SHG twice and am having a third one this week. I really don't like it as I find it very uncomfortable and a bit painful, but I just try to breathe through it. From my understanding, the hysterogram is done under general anesthesia.

• Balance likes this