February 2020 FET

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:10 AM

Cj123 Thanks for your response. Yes Im trying hard not to think about every cramp but its so hard!! I have a sore throat now too which I usually get before my period comes. Hate to think negative thoughts but its tough. Im not sure if Ill test early at home. I did that my last fresh transfer and just got more stressed every day that it was negative. My beta is Sunday so fingers crossed that all my cramps and symptoms are positive

#52 ProjectMini

ProjectMini
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

cj123 - Thank you!!! :) My beta was yesterday (12dp5dt) and it came back as 763. I have 2nd beta tomorrow to see if hcg level doubles. Good luck with your transfer tomorrow!

IreneT - period like cramping was my first symptom and in fact, I still have those cramps even after getting a positive test result. I was almost sure AF was going to show up until 7dp5dt. After that day, I had other symptoms like very high body temperature, feeling hungry in the middle of night, etc.. So try not to worry about it!

Tatsi - Hope everything went well with your transfer today. Good luck!

• BCMom likes this

#53 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 296 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:29 PM

ProjectMini- a huge congrats to you.  That is a massive number for you first beta!  You're pregnant :)

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp6dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp6dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp6dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp6dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#54 Tatsi

Tatsi
  • 48 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Rcc

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:49 PM

Cj123 -Good lack with your transfer tomorrow!
Irene - Good lack with your transfer the day after tomorrow!
ProjectMini - Amazing news, congratulations!
AFM- My transfer was today and it went well. Nothing to complain about. My clinic instructed to drink one liter of water at least 1 hour in advance, so I did. And by the time of the transfer my bladder was almost ready to explode. The hardest was to keep with pressure applied by the ultrasound sensor to my belly! :)
It was my first transfer so I have nothing to compare. I have a strange feeling of the powerlessness... I know that something is happening or going to happend inside of me but I can't influence on it in any way... For now I decided not to test at least until day 10 so not to stress myself even more. Hoping that tomorrow I will be back at work and my head will be busy, so I won't think much about what is going on inside of me.

#55 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:51 AM

Thanks Tatsi!  Glad to hear your transfer went well.  I remember for my first FET my bladder was so full, I was trying not to pee on the doctor.  So this one, they said I still had quite a full bladder but I held back a bit so I didn't have that crazy urgency and it all went good.  My clinic tells me partially full bladder, so I kept that in mind and tried not to over do it this time.  

AFM - my transfer was yesterday, and it went well.  My embryo was a day 6 4BC before freezing.  And they said it had 75% of the cells after thawing, which I think is good. With my son they said that he had about 80% so not much difference.  The biggest difference is that my son was starting to hatch at transfer and this one wasn't, which I'm sure isn't a big deal, but that anxiety after transfer sure starts making you go crazy.  I had thought my son was a day six but it turned out he was our only day 5, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  I am completely healthy so it will be 100% up to this embryo if it's going to take.  It's going to be hard for me to not take home tests even though I know they'll be negative.  What a mind game this all is!  My Beta is a week from tomorrow!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp6dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp6dt)

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

#56 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

Welcome Irene!!

Congrats Tatsi and cj123 on a successful transfer and being PUPO!!

Emon how are you doing? Thinking positive thoughts for you:-)

AFM: im not feeling hopeful....6dp5dt at this point and dont feel any of the symptoms....had some mild cramping first 4 days.....but thats really it. Last time i felt more well.....pregnant i think.....

I just dont understand how doctor approved 28 year old donor eggsthat made good quality blasts could mean a miscarriage and 2 negatives.....demoralizing for sure

Tang71  

#57 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:31 AM

BCMom- I am doing ok. I couldnt take not knowing anymore so I took a hpt yesterday morning and I saw a faint line! I definitely got excited. Unfortunately I took a test this am and there was no line. All I can think is its a chemical pregnancy and that the embryo didnt stick. Im definitely disappointed but will have an answer Sunday with my BETA. Try to hang in there. I know you are worried because you arent having any symptoms but it is still so early into the pregnancy. Completely normal to not feel anything at this stage. Positive thoughts to all the February transfer ladies!

#58 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:07 PM

BCMom- I am doing ok. I couldnt take not knowing anymore so I took a hpt yesterday morning and I saw a faint line! I definitely got excited. Unfortunately I took a test this am and there was no line. All I can think is its a chemical pregnancy and that the embryo didnt stick. Im definitely disappointed but will have an answer Sunday with my BETA. Try to hang in there. I know you are worried because you arent having any symptoms but it is still so early into the pregnancy. Completely normal to not feel anything at this stage. Positive thoughts to all the February transfer ladies!

Hey Emon1008:

Thanks for the support!:-)
If its any hrlp at all....i have read other womens posts about getting faint lines early on (around 7 days post transfer) one morning and not the next....finding that they got lines better in the evening when they held their bladder long enough....i think as you say that it may be too early still and there is fluctuation in hormones still....the hormones are still fairly low and home preg tests arent always as accurate......i hope thats what it is and am so wishing for a positive outcome for you!!
And hope you are right about the symptoms....fingers crossed for both of us!!
Hang in there

Tang71  

#59 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

Thanks BCMom. I hope what you are saying is true. Im not going to test at home anymore. Waiting for my beta on Sunday. Ill keep you posted. Positive thoughts for you!

#60 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:58 AM

I had my beta today. HCG was 1.58. Chemical pregnancy as I thought :( They are having me go in Tuesday just to confirm. Good luck everyone else.

#61 IreneT

IreneT
  • 50 posts
  • My Clinic:former: Heartland, current: Victoria

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:58 AM

ProjectMini,

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my last post. When I talked about cramping, I was referring to my previous transfer when I got pregant with my son. During that transfer, I had cramping at 3dp5dt, which made me hopeful, but then there was nothing for days after, so I lost hope. When I tested on 8dp5dt, it was positive, and that FET resulted in my son.

I'm 3dp5dt with my second FET today. No cramping yet, but this embryo wasn't as far along when transferred. (It was an early blast instead of a full blast.) I do have a very tight feeling in my stomach that comes and goes, and a sudden drop in my weight (2 lbs), which also happened to me last time at this time. My weight usually stays quite constant, so the 2lb drop is quite unusual for me. I don't have a negative cycle to compare it to though (My first transfer was positive, but I miscarried.), so I don't know what's from implantation and what's from meds.

Good luck to everyone! The waiting is excruciating.

IVF#1 (April 2017): retrieved one egg, fresh 3-day transfer, missed miscarriage around 7 weeks, D&C

IVF#2 (Sept 2017): retrieved 23 eggs, 22 mature, 18 fertilized, 3 frozen on day 5, no transfer

FET#1 (Nov 2017): one grade 3 blast (upgraded to grade 2 at transfer), first β-HCG of 751 at 12dp5dt, delivered my son at 39w6d by unplanned c-section

FET#2 (Feb 2020): one grade 2 early blast, first β-HCG of 480 at 11dp5dt. 7w3d ultrasound showed embryo measuring 7w2d with a heart rate of 153. Heart rate at 12w5d: 148

#62 IreneT

IreneT
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:59 AM

I had my beta today. HCG was 1.58. Chemical pregnancy as I thought sad.png They are having me go in Tuesday just to confirm. Good luck everyone else.

I'm so so sorry. :(

IVF#1 (April 2017): retrieved one egg, fresh 3-day transfer, missed miscarriage around 7 weeks, D&C

IVF#2 (Sept 2017): retrieved 23 eggs, 22 mature, 18 fertilized, 3 frozen on day 5, no transfer

FET#1 (Nov 2017): one grade 3 blast (upgraded to grade 2 at transfer), first β-HCG of 751 at 12dp5dt, delivered my son at 39w6d by unplanned c-section

FET#2 (Feb 2020): one grade 2 early blast, first β-HCG of 480 at 11dp5dt. 7w3d ultrasound showed embryo measuring 7w2d with a heart rate of 153. Heart rate at 12w5d: 148

#63 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 01:33 PM

I had my beta today. HCG was 1.58. Chemical pregnancy as I thought :( They are having me go in Tuesday just to confirm. Good luck everyone else.

Oh Emon1008? Im sorry.....There are no appropriate words....i know its devastating....take care.... I hope you do some self care stuff...Sending hugs

Tang71  

#64 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 01:36 PM

Emon I am so sorry!  That really sucks!

AFM I am slowly going crazy.  All my internet cheapies have come back negative.  At this point I do feel completely nuts.  I have been feeling so much, compared to when I had my son.  I am feeling twinges and pulling in my uterus, I feel some aches in my cervix area that I only felt while pregnant with my son.  So I was so sure this has worked.  But my tests have all been start negative.  I know it is so early, but I had a positive on day 5 with my son.... ahhhh I'm going crazy.  Would really love for this baby to stick and I feel so pregnant but I guess I just have no idea at this point.

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#65 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 04:55 PM

Totally negative beta for me.....getting tired of this....it just keeps getting harder and harder....going to do a March transfer probably though....just gonna keep trying
  • Emon1008 likes this

Tang71  

#66 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:04 PM

I am so sorry BCMom. Here for you and sending hugs your way. I know nothing I say can take the pain away. Just know I am always here.

Thank you ladies for all your support. Good luck to the rest of you waiting for your Betas

#67 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 08:47 PM

BC mom - sorry to hear of your negative beta!

AFM I have been having so many symptoms and my cheap internet sticks were all negative so I got a FRER today and it was faintly positive.  I'm 6dp6dt today.  My beta is on friday.  Hoping for a strong number.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#68 Tatsi

Tatsi
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 10:27 AM

BCMom - sorry to hear about your negative beta. Take care and be kind to yourself.
Cj123 - faint line is a great news!
AFM: I had really bad cramping pain and pinkish spotting on day 5 and 6. Spotting stopped on day 7. When I noticed spotting I thought that it was the end as far it coincided with the date when period should normally come. I am on day 8 past transfer and still reluctant to take HPT. I decided that get tested on day 10 or 11. So still waiting. Waiting and uncertainty are the hardest part of 2ww

#69 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:10 AM

I broke down ans tested today at 4dpt and got a faint line (which is great). I did have a trigger 11 days ago (fresh transfer) so of course it could easily still be trigger. My blood hcg was run along with a bunch of other blood work 7 days ago and my hcg was 46 (which I know was all residual trigger) so if it was 46 a week ago would it have lowered enough in the last week that this could be an actual faint positive. I know testing tomorrow will give me some more clarity (might be darker). Any insight 

#70 IreneT

IreneT
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear about the negatives.
Congratulations, Nicky123!
I tested yesterday with a seven months expired FRER and got a very faint line! Today, 6dp5dt, its slightly darker (with a non expired test). So far so good! I was so convinced it hadnt worked because I didnt have the specific cramping I had the other two times I got pregnant. Mostly feeling normal but stomach feels odd (not nausea or cramps but maybe tightness), and I have noticed my legs seem shaky, which hasnt happened before. I also had a sudden drop in weight (2 lbs, which isnt usual for me) a few days after transfer, which also happened last time. That could easily be from the hormones though. Im going for a blood test on Monday.

#71 Tatsi

Tatsi
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:12 PM

IreneT - Amazing news! How is your line doing now. Is it getting darker?

Nicky123 - Having a line is a good sign, but it could be still from the trigger. You need to see the trend whether the line is getting darker or less visible. Have you tested more?

#72 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 02:30 PM

Just popping on to say I had re tested yesterday and the result was negative.  Blood test is negative today.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#73 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 March 2020 - 03:50 PM

Just popping on to say I had re tested yesterday and the result was negative.  Blood test is negative today.  

...,,.Big hugs.  I know it really sucks.  Hope you have support around you and are taking good care of yourself.

Tang71  

#74 IreneT

IreneT
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 11:53 AM

IreneT - Amazing news! How is your line doing now. Is it getting darker?

Yes, it is getting darker. It was much darker this morning than yesterday. I also had some spotting this morning, which is the same day I had it with my son. Im 9dp5dt today (or exactly 4 weeks). My blood test is Monday (11dp5dt).

#75 Tatsi

Tatsi
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 12:59 PM

Cj123 - I am so sorry about your bfn. Huge hug for you. Be kind to yourself.
IreneT - congratulations! Hope you will get strong beta on Monday.I also had spotting on day 6 and 7 after transfer. Probably it was implantation bleeding.
AFM: I did HPT on 10dp6dt and got solid dark line, even brighter than control line. Waiting for beta on Tuesday!