75 replies to this topic

#1 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

Anyone planning for a FET in February?  We were originally planning for November but then I needed to have some uterine polyps removed.  Now that that's done and once we get through January, which is a busy month for us, we will transfer our next embryo in February!  We have two in the freezer.  We have two boys (4 and 18 months).  Our first is adopted traditionally and our second came from this batch of embryos which was donated to us.  Hoping our next one will work as easily as the last one did.  So far this batch is 2 for 2 with embryos becoming babies ( first one from our donor's IVF cycle, second from our FET).  Hoping to get one more baby out of our last two embryos.  Excited to get going as I feel like I've been waiting forever to get this ball rolling!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#2 Becks

Becks
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

I'll join!

We are planning a Feb transfer as well! I'm excited and nervous. I'm not sure if we will be doing a double transfer or if we will transfer all 3 of our remaining embryos. I've had losses with our last 2 transfers so trying to not get too excited.

We also have kiddos who were adopted via public adoption and two birth kiddos too.

I'm assuming I'll go next week for my first blood and ultrasounds. My lining biopsy came back perfect so I'm happy about that as that has been an issue for us in the past.

Hope your hanging in there!

#3 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:06 PM

Hey Becks!  So sorry to hear about your last two transfers.  I know what you mean about not trying to get too excited.  I find that I have such a hard time containing my expectations.  I would be so optimistic and then when something doesn't work I would be completely crushed.  It almost feels easier to just be pessimistic and be pleasantly surprised.  

My transfer likely won't happen until end of Feb/beginning of March as I will start all my meds and stuff with my next cycle which will be due Feb 8 ish.  I feel like I've just been waiting to move forward forever!  Excited to get things going.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

#4 Emon1008

Emon1008
  • 23 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:42 PM

Hi
Im new to this forum. Ill be having my first FET in February as long as everything progresses the way it should. Ive been through so much on this journey and Im so nervous for more failure. Any positive thoughts are appreciated!

In the past 3 years Ive gone through
3 failed IUIs
4 egg retrievals- plenty of eggs retrieved and fertilizer however they never make it to day 5 :( if they make it to day 5 then they usually test abnormal
3 failed fresh transfers

My husband and I took a break after all of that failure and ended up conceiving on our own! Unfortunately it ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks.

This will be my first frozen transfer. We have 2 embryos that have been PGS tested normal. I am praying 1 of these work. My doctor has been on estradiol and once my lining looks good I will start the PIO.

Positive thoughts to you all!

#5 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:15 AM

Hi Ladies, 

I will hopefully be doing a FET in February too. We have been struggling with thin lining and are hoping we found the right protocol this time. We also travel from Newfoundland to Ottawa for our transfers so we also have the weather to contend with...makes timing a little complicated. This will be a donor egg cycle as we have been ttc for over 7 years now...10 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs and never a positive test. Our first donor's eggs were a flop so hopefully this will be our cycle! Wishing everyone luck!!

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Day 3 transfer of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  and Jan 2020 DE IVF #2 both cancelled due to poor lining

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

Jul 2020   DE IVF #3 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 6 survived the thaw, 4 fertilized, one B4BB blast to freeze.

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#6 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:14 PM

Welcome Emon!  So sorry to hear about the previous years of struggle!  This is such a hard journey to be on!  Hoping you get your take home baby from one of those frozen embryos.  

Carter welcome!  I hope this donor egg cycle gives you success!  Hoping for a nice thick sticky lining and that the travelling doesn't complicate things too much, I feel like that would make things a bit more complicated!

• Emon1008 likes this

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#7 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:51 PM

Hey everybody,

So if all goes well I will be doing another transfer February somewhere around the 18th.  Had a mmc in october and a bfn last month, so I have requested two of our untested embryos put in this time.  Hope that makes a difference!!  Since they go for best quality embies first, we will probably be moving from the ivf embryos to icsi of which I have one grade 1 hatching  blastocyst and 1 grade 1 expanding blastocyst.   I am a bit concerned because I have heard that icsi embies can have more defects......but I don't feel like I can tell them how to do their job....... They changed my protocol somewhat estrogen wise, 2mg pill three times a day for like 17 days......then ultrasound......i have not been told what comes after that.

Having used donor eggs, I was led to believe by professionals that this would be a lot easier than its turning out to be.....typical of life....lol

Wishing all of you, Becks, cj123,  Emon1008 and Carter81 (sorry if I miss anyone)  success,bfps, healthy pregnancies and take home babies!!!  This is it!  I gotta think positive or I will cry haha

Nice to have this group for support along the way!

Tang71  

#8 tsm37

tsm37
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:04 PM

Ladies, for those of you who will do FET in February, do you think your doctors will ask you to use estrace patches? 

#9 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

BC Mom, welcome!  Sorry to hear of your loss and your failed transfer last month.  That always sucks.  And I hear you about being told how 'easy' something should be.  When we did our IVF cycle, it was supposed to be super easy and we would for sure get pregnant easy, or so they said.  I had 22 eggs retrieved and zero embryos come day five.  It sucks.  We have since moved to donor embryos and found our success there.  I sure hope that you get your BFP this month.  This is such an exhausting rollercoaster to be on.  

tsm37 - My protocol only requires oral estrogen.  But I know that different clinics use different types of estrogen.  I've heard of people using the patches as well as using vaginal estrogen.  Thankfully I will just have oral pills!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#10 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:49 PM

Oh and BC Mom, I just wanted to say that all of our embryos are ICSI.  Our son has no issues (neither does his sister, born to our donors), I think the occurrence of defects with ICSI is pretty low, and really is about the same as the occurrence of defects in natural pregnancies.  I think that doing fertility treatments lets us know WAY too much, and then we worry about WAY too much because we know way to much.  What an anxiety filled time.  

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#11 tsm37

tsm37
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:53 PM

cj123: thanks, I will let my wife know. She experienced allergy using patches last time. The doctor will suggest a different route next time. 

#12 ET20539

ET20539
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:21 AM

Hi there,

I'm planning a FET sometime in February as well. My story is a bit different. I am 56 years old and lost my 26 year old son last March. He was my only child. I realize that having a baby at this point in life is a bit...unusual, but the double loss of my son as well as the loss of parenthood itself has been very tough. 

We tried to adopt an older child out of foster care, but there is a push in my state to reunite kiddos with their biological families whenever possible. I don't want to bond with a child for a couple of years only to have him or her taken away. 

Luckily, my husband is on board with Plan Baby and we have a great support system. 

So far, we've been fortunate. 10 blastocysts were biopsied today with another 5 that may ready tomorrow. Out of the 10, we have 5 that are grade A. 

We are doing gender selection for a girl. Fingers crossed. 

Looking forward to traveling this road with all of you. 

#13 CMRivf

CMRivf
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:45 AM

Morning! Hoping it's okay if I hop on this forum until more people join the March FET forum I started.

I'm set to begin Suprefact injections(didn't want to do the nasal spray 5x a day this time) on February 12. This will be our second FET and I am so excited but also very nervous.

Hope everybody has a successful cycle! heart.gif

IVF #1:

November 2017 - 23 Follicles, 18 Fertilized, 3 made it to Day 5, FREEZE ALL due to OHSS

FET #1:

January 31, 2018 - Begin Suprefact Nasal Spray(5x/day), baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 2, 2018 - Lining Check -> 8.6mm, transfer scheduled for March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018 - Transferred 1 embryo. Continue Prometrium, Estrace, baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 16-19, 2018 - HPTs th_abfp.gif 

March 20, 2018 - Beta Test - 115 (according to nurse, they like to see 250-500) Continue with Prometrium, Estrace & Folic Acid. Stop baby Aspirin.

​March 22, 2018 - Beta Test #2 - 332 th_abfp.gif Tentative due date of November 24, 2018. 7 week U/S booked for April 9. Continue Prometrium & Estrace until April 28.

November 27, 2018 - Healthy baby girl born at 10:32am, weighing in at 8lbs 4oz and 22.5" tall.

FET #2:

March 17, 2020 - Canceled due to Covid.

FET #3:

June 15, 2020 - Canceled due to unknown bleeding/cramping at cervix.

FET #4:

PROTOCOL CHANGES: Will switch to estrogen patches as well as vaginal estrogen. During lining check will test progesterone to make sure I haven't ovulated. Requested a ultrasound the morning of the transfer to make sure everything looks okay.

Sept. 12, 2020 - Begin Suprefact injections, baby aspirin and prenatal/DHA.

#14 tabkay

tabkay
  • 95 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:aurora

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

Hello I am also doing an FET this FEB. My transfer is on Feb 5th. I did my IVF cycle in August, but had OHSS so had to freeze embies. Then did FET in October, got BFP, but miscarried in week 5. So here I am again, trying for another FET.

#15 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 09:00 PM

Welcome ET20539, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your son.  I can't imagine what you've gone through.  I hope that you have success with this FET

CMRivf!  Welcome!  I know it's hard waiting for people to join your chats sometimes!  

tabkay, so sorry to hear of your miscarriage.  I hope that this FET results in a take home baby! 

AFM the last couple days have been a rollercoaster.  I had contacted my clinic and they told me that I would have to postpone transfer due to some new regulations coming into effect for egg/sperm donors as of Feb 4.  So I was a bit frustrated.  Well today they got back to me that this doesn't affect donor embryos so we are back on track to transfer again!  I should be getting my cycle Feb 6 ish and should be transferring sometime at the end of the month!

• returnable likes this

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#16 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:13 AM

CJ - I was also contacted about the new regulations after I called in my Day 1 but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Guess this cycle is a wash and I will end up doing a FET in March instead. So many road blocks eusa_wall.gif

TTC since 2012

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#17 tabkay

tabkay
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

cj123 - Glad that you can move on with the transfer.

Carter81, hopefully they call you and let you know asap

My transfer is o February 5th.

#18 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

Oh and BC Mom, I just wanted to say that all of our embryos are ICSI.  Our son has no issues (neither does his sister, born to our donors), I think the occurrence of defects with ICSI is pretty low, and really is about the same as the occurrence of defects in natural pregnancies.  I think that doing fertility treatments lets us know WAY too much, and then we worry about WAY too much because we know way to much.  What an anxiety filled time.  

Thank you very much for this!  So comforting to hear!  :-)

Tang71  

#19 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

Hi there,

I'm planning a FET sometime in February as well. My story is a bit different. I am 56 years old and lost my 26 year old son last March. He was my only child. I realize that having a baby at this point in life is a bit...unusual, but the double loss of my son as well as the loss of parenthood itself has been very tough. 

We tried to adopt an older child out of foster care, but there is a push in my state to reunite kiddos with their biological families whenever possible. I don't want to bond with a child for a couple of years only to have him or her taken away. 

Luckily, my husband is on board with Plan Baby and we have a great support system. 

So far, we've been fortunate. 10 blastocysts were biopsied today with another 5 that may ready tomorrow. Out of the 10, we have 5 that are grade A. 

We are doing gender selection for a girl. Fingers crossed. 

Looking forward to traveling this road with all of you. 

Hi ET20539, 

Just wanted to say hi!  Sounds like you have lots of good quality blasts to work with!  That's great! Any idea yet when your Transfer will be?  I wish you success- a bfp, a healthy pregnancy and a take home baby!!

How has this process treated you so far?  

Welcome! :-)

Tang71  

#20 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:11 PM

CJ - I was also contacted about the new regulations after I called in my Day 1 but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Guess this cycle is a wash and I will end up doing a FET in March instead. So many road blocks eusa_wall.gif

Oh, geez!!  I tell you, this ivf journey is full of surprises.....many of them very frustrating!!  It is hard to wait too isn't it?  I am not great at waiting at the best of times so I have been very challenged by all the waiting here......in fact, I am going nuts right now! 

Well, March isn't all that far away, and I always think of it as the month of new beginnings cause Spring starts that month.(theoretically, but depending on where you live the weather may or may not show it lol)  Lots of living things coming alive in that month(I live on Vancouver Island so pretty mild), so maybe that will make it lucky for you!!  Wish you a beautiful lining, a perfect transfer, a healthy pregnancy and a take home baby.........baby dust to you :-)

Tang71  

#21 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

Hello I am also doing an FET this FEB. My transfer is on Feb 5th. I did my IVF cycle in August, but had OHSS so had to freeze embies. Then did FET in October, got BFP, but miscarried in week 5. So here I am again, trying for another FET.

You must be getting excited!  Only a few more days!  Sending you lots of positive thoughts, sticky vibes and baby dust...... :-)

Tang71  

#22 tabkay

tabkay
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 11:00 AM

BC MOM - Yes, very excited, I am hoping for positives. ET20539 - Wishing you the best Who else is transferring in February?

#23 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 06:49 AM

BCMom - thank you for a new outlook on a new cycle starting in March! We don't really have spring here (maybe a week or two at the end of May if we are lucky lol). Sending lots of luck and baby dust your way too! Hopefully this is your cycle crsd.gif

• tabkay likes this

TTC since 2012

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#24 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

Hey everyone, update over here.  My cycle day one started today.  My ultrasound is booked for the 18 and I'm guessing my transfer will be around the 27th!  I'm excited.  Only thing I'm wondering is about... I have a tattoo touch up booked for March 2, I'm not worried about contracting an infection of any kind, my artist is so OCD with cleanliness, I guess I'm wondering if any inflammation or anything like that would prevent implantation.  Any thoughts?  I'm getting excited for transfer, it will be here before we know it!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

#25 tabkay

tabkay
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:10 AM

I am at 2dp5dt,almost 3dp5dt and I feel nothing! Nothinv at all!!!
Very empty feeling lol
Last cycle when I did concieve through FET, I felt cramping and twinges.
🙄🙄