397 replies to this topic

#76 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 869 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:22 PM

Hey everyone - my goodness you all talk a lot ;)

I had to go to NYC for work last week and I don't know if I'm going to remember what everyone wrote!

Re the 3 in 1 odds....did you know that MFC offers 2 in 3 odds?  How weird is that?  Basically, if you have a PGS tested embryo, their success rate is 65%.  There's some magic in the immune testing/therapy that they're doing...they need more clinics to start using these protocols.

Synchro - I love the name Charlie, but to be completely truthful, my daughter's name is Charlie!  Actually, it's Charlotte (for resumes and when she gets in trouble) but she's been called Charlie since day 1.  Sometimes we get funny looks, and quite often I have to say 'she's a girl', but more often than not, people tell me that they love the name :)

Yaena - I love Simone - so pretty.  Elana is beautiful too.  Sorry to hear that the nausea is back.  I don't even want to tell you this, but for my first pregnancy I was sick until about 32 weeks - it was miserable.  The only 'plus' side was that I knew I was still pregnant (of course at that point I had a huge belly).

Pandora - welcome!

Canadamommy - so so so so so so glad to hear that your amnio came back all clear!  Good luck with your breastpump!  I don't even know if I'm going to dig mine out!

Elation - yes, some friends can be completely horrible when it comes to infertility and related outcomes.  I'm guessing she had no clue about how horrible OHSS actually is...but yeah, one good thing that infertility taught me was that sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all...or a simple 'I'm sorry' and leave it at that.  I used to be notorious for sticking my foot in my mouth.  Hopefully you're feeling better!

Did I forget anyone?

So at my last appointment my fill in RE asked what medications I was on and I told her metformin for my PCOS.  She also asked if I had nausea (yes) and suggested that I stop taking the met.  For those of you who might not be aware, met is what they give diabetics to help managed their blood sugar...and while I'm not diabetic, I'm sure it does affect my blood sugar.  Anyway, I told her no, that's I'd rather be nauseous than get gestational diabetes and she confirmed that the met would help me pass that test.  But the met has side effects - other than nausea, diarrhea (sorry!) - so while I was in NYC I stopped taking it....and I felt amazing!!!  No nausea, no poops - felt great!  And now that I'm back on it ,I'm puking again :(  Oh well.  I still think I'd rather be nauseous than have to deal with GD.  Bring it.

I'm pretty sure that I've felt a few kicks here and there.  Like maybe a few a day.  I remember vividly with my second daughter her doing a somersault at 15 weeks pregnant so I'm only .5 week off.  With my first daughter I didn't feel much - turns out that she had a short umbilical cord and couldn't move around that much (boy is she making up for it now).  I still remember when she was delivered, the Dr when to pull her up to show me and she almost dropped her because the umbilical cord stopped her about 2 inches up from my body...weird stuff you remember!

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

Welcomed our 3rd beautiful baby girl

Our journey is complete.  What a wild ride.

#77 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

elephantshoes - Man, your post makes me jealous on a couple of levels! Haha. On a light note, the poops - I hardly remember what a BM is these days. I actually have switched to a prenatal without iron, and the second anti-nausea med I am on is supposed to "speed up movement through the intestines" so I thought it would help. Nope. I am guessing my body is just a progesterone machine these days. (Upside? I get to eat potato chips, which normally have a very unpleasant effect on my stomach - it is immune right now!)

On a more serious note - I wish my clinic had offered in-house PGS. We discussed it before our IVF cycle, and were advised they can do it but have to send embryos away for it - so it would have meant multiple freeze-thaws for them. We just felt that part was too risky for us :( But man, it could have saved us so much heartache too (and we would have come out even, as we spent $3000 on FETs after that cycle and I am pretty sure PGS was $2500). I hope that it becomes more readily available at all clinics in the future.

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#78 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:56 AM

Elation - I am sorry your friend made fun of your OHSS, I hope she just didnt know how to respond, but it's still in poor taste! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is easy and worry free. 

Yaena - So sorry you still arent feeling better and that your one day was only one day. Hopefully it passes as you get further into the 2nd trimester. Love the names you have picked! I thought we had agreed on a first name (Cecilia) since it was the only name we both liked but H told me this weekend that he doesnt like it anymore and we need to think of something new. I thought boy names were hard and girl names would be so much easier but it seems to be the other way around for us.

Elephantshoes - I think i started feeling for sure kicks with this pregnancy around 15 weeks as well! 

Synchro - With my son's pregnancy I felt most of my movement/twinges etc at night! Completely normal. 

AFM - We finished DS's big boy room this weekend and moved him to a double bed from his crib. He has been hating going to sleep in his crib and waking up at 5 AM screaming for daddy and yelling "NO CRIB" so we thought a change of scenery might help, and it has! He goes down so much easier, sleeps through the night (when before we would be tossing and turning and moaning at least once or twice) and is still in till 6:45 and then playing quietly in his bed with his stuffed animals. He is also waking up not grumpy and doesnt seem tired anymore so I am glad we made the switch early (he is only 21 months). We ended up having to take all the walls down in DS's room since we discovered there was absolutely no insulation. Thankfully DH is super handy and did all the work himself. At least this meant I was able to repaint DS's room. We also got most of the nursery done as well since we wanted to finish it all up at once before the cleaners did our annual deep clean today. 

Oh and I also finally told work I am pregnant, which is a huge relief. Most of them said they already kind of thought I was lol.

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#79 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:24 AM

Synchrogirl - the ovary isnt painful if it isnt moving, but sometimes I feel a stab of pain if I move quickly and then I worry that I caused torsion. I know it could be a number of different things causing pain but anything in that area always freaks me out. Ive also given up on maternity pants as the panel makes my belly just too uncomfortable! Im actually wearing sweatpants back to work I kinda feel like a slob!

yaenaSK- thats a relief to hear as Ive been making my way through this little bag of fishermans friend! I also have halls too so Im ready for a dry throat or nausea lol. Is your nausea any better these days? Sorry to hear its still being stubborn but Im glad they could find a spot earlier for your first prenatal. Doctors office are always so booked up in advance. I actually didnt even consider the multiple freeze-thaws required for PGS. I always thought they grab the cells before the freeze and send them off to get tested.

Also, I have a friend who says of course hed love to carry if he had to! But I totally think he says that because it is not a possibility and he totally knows it.

elephantshoes - I do feel like because I know shes not saying these things to be mean that I should also try not to be so sensitive, but I think it was just too soon after it all happened. Still too fresh. Sorry to hear about the metflormin nausea vs GD tradeoff! I dont know too much about GD though, but anything that may affect babys health im with you, Id take suffering through nausea for. Also the thought of yanking on a short umbilical cord and almost dropping the baby is giving me some crazy mental images and uncomfortable feelings!

Pandora - thanks! I too am hoping for an easy boring pregnancy for all of us! Wow sounds like youve been super productive. I wish I could be as handy at home renos but sounds amazing that youve done your sons room and most of the nursery already! As a first time mother, I feel like I may need to start planning more.. I am going to speak to my CEO this week but if hes observant, hes probably already seen my OHSS bloated 6month belly and is wondering why in the world did I not tell him about this earlier. I think it too will be a huge relief to get out of the way and start resource planning for mat leave.

AFM - just did NIPT bloodwork draw.  Looks like its through Verifi and not Harmony or Panorama? Never heard of it.  Cue the week of nailbiting..

Me: 32; DH: 41  |  TTC: 2017  |  Mt Sinai Fertility

Dx: Single partial ovary, dermoid cyst and x-large fibroids

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2017 July - Switch to Mt Sinai from RCC

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2018 Oct - Medicated Cycle BFN

2018 Nov - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 June - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

2020 Aug - Baby boy is here!!

#80 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:50 PM

Pandora - Whoa! You have been so productive! I can barely remember (and sometimes don't) to plan ahead for DD's supper or my own. Major props to you for getting the rooms organized. We'll need to do some serious swapping around here too - move the workout equipment from our basement room into the main basement area, then convert the room to a guest room - then, we can change our current guest room into a nursery. We've already decided not to repaint the nursery-to-be (it's a pretty neutral beige-y grey right now) - I am just hoping to give it a little pop with colored accessories. And that is awesome that moving your son to a bed helped his sleep so much! We are preparing for the same - DD is always clunking around in her crib, but rarely wakes up from it and still wakes up happy so - we have been delaying. (But we need that crib for #2!)

And your name comment! (PS Cecilia is awesome!) DH tried to do that last time too - around month 7 or 8, he asked "Did we actually decide on Simone? I didn't realize" and was unsure. So I told him he was totally free to grab the baby name books, make me a list, and propose new ones - but I wasn't going to do all the work this time. Suddenly, he loved the name again haha.

Elation - I've heard there are three tests that are essentially the same thing (Panorama, Harmony - and I guess Verifi is the third!). I did a quick google and am a little jealous of the turnaround time on this one! Harmony only guarantees within 10 business days - your results should be nice and quick! Did you ask for the gender too?

AFM - Plugging along. Trying to become a little more informed about the worrisome signs since the puking has definitely grown worse (i.e. dehydration). Also have a sudden increase in the post nasal drip so it could all be connected. If things get much worse I'll likely end up at a walk in clinic since I have been discharged from the fertility clinic (they only handle first trimester) and can't get in yet to my GP. I feel like I have been navigating the hardest parts of my first trimester all on my own this time, and am so frustrated by it.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#81 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:01 PM

yaenaSK- Im sorry to hear about the ongoing nausea woes... I sat across an ad for Hydralyte which said 75% of people are dehydrated. 🥵 I wonder if small sips of electrolyte drinks throughout the day might help you feel better? Perhaps if you reached out to your fertility clinic they would be able to help while you wait for your GP?

Strange, the doc said to expect results within ten days still! Perhaps it differs depending on where the ordering physician is located? But yes! We did also ask for the sex 😝 Husband low key wants a boy so Im sure itll be a girl.

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

#82 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 05 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

Elation, I didnt know about this test I could be doing that would tell us the sex so early! (Among other things of course). Funny that your husband wants a boy - mine wants a girl. I have been feeling the same way we will probably get the opposite. What is the test called and how did you request it?

Yaena, sorry about the nausea. I had read we need to be drinking a gallon of water a day but I find it difficult to do that. The one day I let myself get dehydrated I developed a migraine so I am trying very hard to not let it happen again.

Pandora, your productivity is inspiring!

Elephantshoes, I have always loved the name Charlie. I think it was from a soap opera I used to watch as a teenager lol. I was happy my DH liked it. He kept saying how cute it was. Such a coincidence thats your daughters name. :)

AFM - this morning I woke up feeling very good - almost a little too good. I feel like all the symptoms I had are gone and its making me feel a bit worried. I also was having terrible bloating which has disappeared and I swear I do not look pregnant at all. Im even back down a few pounds. I hope everything is ok!

Me: 40 DH: 52

Dx: Mild Endo, Immune Related Issues, Unexplained

TTC #1 since 2003... 3 years ending in heartbreaking divorce...

Lap #1 in 2005 (mild endo), Lap #2 in 2013 (confirmed no regrowth)

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Immune testing revealed low leukocyte antibodies (1%)

May-June 2019: LIT #1 (x2 treatments) with DH - minor improvement

July-Sept 2019: LIT #2 with donor (x3 treatments) - again minor improvement

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

Dec 20, 2019 - first ever BFP!

#83 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:06 PM

SynchroGirl - How many weeks are you now? I remember with this pregnancy around 10 to 12 weeks I hit this spot where I felt amazing, all my symptoms went away, I was able to fit into my prepregnancy pants which I hadnt been able to wear since like 6 weeks lol. And then 2 weeks later around 14 weeks it all came back. I think around 12 weeks when the placenta takes over your body feels a sense of normal for a bit before the rest of the pregnancy symptoms kick in. 

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

DS born May 7th, 2018.

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

#84 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:23 PM

Thanks so much Pandora. Your post made me feel so much better! Im 11 weeks today (with twins). Hopefully its the placenta taking over as you said - and it would be great to feel this way for 2 weeks! :)
  • pandora89 likes this

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

#85 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 08:49 PM

When do I get to hit that symptom-free spot? Ha. But Pandora, Synhcro - I too have heard of that little "eye of the storm" calm moment, even if I haven't experienced it.

Elation - funny enough, I texted DH at work today to tell him to bring me Gatorade because I was sure I was dehydrated now. And it did wonders for me! Haven't had any serious nausea since I got a bottle of it in, and my headache has eased up! I usually try to keep a bottle around but it had been a week or more, so clearly the delay had been an issue. And Synchro - A GALLON??! Oh man. No wonder I am dehydrated. I don't come anywhere near that in a day. I don't often get half that, to be honest.

And elation - DH also wanted a boy both times. But he has been head over heels for DD since day 1 - I think men and daughters are just so sweet. Especially when the first child is a girl, it can bring out such a softness that just melts my heart (my oldest brother also wanted a boy and got three girls, and now he is the biggest softie ever, cooing over babies and baby-talking them). I can't wait to find out whether you are having a boy or a girl!

Synchro - I have heard conflicting stories on how accurate these tests are on sex, when you are carrying twins. I think Harmony says it can still be done? Definitely a conversation worth having with your doctor! Enjoy these symptom-free days!

AFM - I am feeling decent tonight but was a mess earlier. Headache, dizziness (like the world was blurring and focusing and back and forth like that). I have been seriously dehydrated before and it felt pretty much identical, so I texted DH for Gatorade during DD's nap. He couldn't come but sent a friend - totally helped me out. 14 weeks tomorrow and hoping for a reprieve! But I am going to get on the ball and try to stay hydrated and hope that helps me turn a corner faster. I have a busy couple of weeks coming up, with baking (Valentines Day orders!), we are really doubling down on trying to help DD improve her eating (fussy doesn't even come close!), and after that, potty training so we don't have two in diapers (plus, she is over 2 and I really feel like it's time, even if I hate the thought of her not being my baby anymore).

#86 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:15 PM

Synchrogirl- So the test is the NIPT (Non-Invasive Prenatal Test) that does a far more accurate screen for trisomies 13, 18, and 21 than the eFTS (early first trimester screening, which is the NT ultrasound and bloodwork). Usually people do the NT and bloodwork first then the NIPT in case the prior comes back positive, but since we were gonna do it either way we thought wed save ourselves the worry and time by just doing it now! In Ontario the NT ultrasound and bloodwork are covered, but not the NIPT ($550+tax) unless there are positive results in the NT and blood. NIPT has a higher detection rate and lower false positive rate. It also gives an option for finding out the sex chromosomes and can be done as early as ten weeks! Your doc should be able to get this for you if you ask, but I believe you can also get the forms of their websites (commonly Panorama or Harmony). I think most people I know only did the NIPT if the NT came back positive.

yaenaSK- wow yeah, reading what Synchogirl said about a gallon of water, Im DEFINITELY under hydrated. I need to start drinking a lot more! I just feel so full so often I dont want to drink more... but Im so glad to hear that Gatorade is helping you!! I was drinking a lot of it during OHSS and am suuuuper sick of it now. Glad your baking business is thriving for Valentines Day though and youll hopefully be feeling better for the busy period!

My old boss used to always say girls are for the father and boys are for the mother. So if we have a girl, it was cuz my husband was the one who needed her most 😂 and I can see that. I think he will make an amazing father whereas I have always grown up a bit on the fence about the whole motherhood thing. That is until I was told I was infertile. 🙄

AFM - my CEO is in town this week and today I told him that Im expecting. He has a great poker face and didnt seem phased in the slightest, even though this has big ramifications on our team. Im also walking around with a 6mo belly so Im sure he was also thinking wtf how could she not tell me, shes so far along! Im glad I got that out of the way.

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#87 Nyah1222

Nyah1222
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:51 AM

Im also due July 5th and will deliver by C-Section in the later part of June.

#88 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

Thanks elation and yaena for the info! I will definitely be looking into the harmony test. Maybe when its identical twins its more accurate because they are same sex? I think I am having an NT when I go in for my ultrasound on the 14th. The gallon of water a day I read was somewhere in my twin pregnancy books I think so maybe its less with a singleton? I just drink as much as I can.

Elation, so did the CEO say anything about the news? I am starting to get a little worried about telling my bosses the news (yes - I have a few). I feel they will start treating me differently, not introducing me to clients, etc. since I will be leaving.. I guess I shouldnt care - maybe less work is better! Ha.

Nyah - welcome!

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#89 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:28 AM

Nyah - welcome to the group!

Synchro - oh, I hope a gallon is for twins! I have ready 10-12 cups for a single, so I am still very low. So many aspects of twins that are challenging huh? But worth it in the end! How are you feeling these days? Still enjoying some symptom free time?

Re: telling bosses. I am lucky not to have to do that this time (though I had an inquiry for my baking wanting to create a long term standing order, and had to let him know I wouldn’t be available for a few months in the middle). But, with DD I was terrified to tell my boss! I had just started a new position, covering another mat leave, and knew it meant i wouldn’t finish my term. But my boss was amazing - nothing but congratulatory. I did get phased out of a few things - training that was for programs that would come into effect after I was gone - and often got last priority in other things (I was one of three admin assistants so I became the “bottom” one essentially, despite my portfolio putting me as second most senior). I think had I been returning after my mat leave they would have invested more though. Oh! And one piece of advice - if your company does mat leave top up payments, look into it early! It was way more complicated to complete the application process than I thought it would be. Caused a few weeks delay in getting paid for me.

Elation - I love the idea that girls are for dads and boys for moms. It is uncanny how the opposite sex parent often has such a unique bond. I am a little sad I will likely never experience the mother son bond, but raising a boy alsoterrifies me a little.

Oh! And yes Synchro - I would think the s3x screening would work well for identicals. My 7nderstabding is it looks for a Y chromosome so if it finds one - boy! None - girl!

#90 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:00 AM

Synchro - I think with the panorama NIPT test they can find the gender of each of the twins so they should be able to do identicals too. Thats the one we did. It was through lifelabs. I think we paid like $550. I did it before the NT scan jsut for the peace of mind. I have no patience lol.

Nyah - Welcome!

Yaena - Telling work I was pregnant I think was awful. I really didnt enjoy my pregnancy until it was finally out there. I started the job November 2017 then went on leave May 2018, came back August 2019 and now off again June 2020 till probably January 2022. oh well, my priority is definitely my family and work will always come after. 

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF#3 - Feb 2017

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

DS born May 7th, 2018.

#91 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for the tip Yaena, I believe they top for 6 weeks (not much but something!), I will definitely look into this now. Ive been with my company for 20 years and this is my first pregnancy, I think I will shock everyone. I will tell them I plan to come back but definitely going to see how it goes. To be honest I have been considering leaving for serval years now but going through all the infertility treatments kept me there because I had a ton of flexibility. Anyway - Ive been having waves of nausea again last night and today so either the eye of the storm was short for me or that wasnt it. lol.

Pandora, thank you for the info! did you just go to Lifelabs directly or did you need a req from your Dr?

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#92 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:37 AM

Synchro - Got the requisition from my GP and just went to LifeLabs after. 

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF#3 - Feb 2017

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

DS born May 7th, 2018.

#93 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

Nyah - welcome!

Synchrogirl- I hear that the NIPT testing is still good for twins!  For just gender results, SneakPeek has a test that is as early as 8 weeks and looks for male DNA in the results (so like yaena mentioned, if you get a male result, then at least one of your twins is male and if they are identical, then two boys! They're having a Valentine's day sale https://sneakpeektest.com/canada/).  I don't personally know anyone who has used their services though so can't really vouch for anything beyond that.  

My CEO was very good about it, especially on the medical side of my condition!  I had my performance evaluation with him and he told me that obviously some tasks recently were out of my control, but to obviously put health first and not be a hero.  I thought that was wonderful for him to remind me of and I didn't get the feeling that he would treat me differently.  I do feel like he is a family oriented person though, taking his kids on family trips and speaking fondly of them.

Yaena - Thanks for the advice on looking into mat leave early!  I think they may have something small in place and I should look into it sooner rather than later.  My HR knows though so hopefully she can alert me to what needs to be done when.  True, I guess they do say that the parent bonds with the opposite gender more, although there are also lots of mother-daughter relationships that are legendary (I'm definitely thinking of Gilmore Girls).  

Pandora - I'm sorry telling work was an awful experience the first time around.  I agree with your priorities though, family first and work will always be there.  Back when I really enjoyed the team I was working with, I thought I'd take a 3 month leave and jump right back in, but now that things have changed, I'm feeling like a nice long mat leave is in order!

AFM - Looks like work is planning some travel for me in April.  Hopefully my doc thinks I'm well enough to go!  Anyone else have upcoming travel plans?

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#94 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:57 PM

Pandora - I relate to your schedule! I started my job with DD in March 2017, and was off in September of that year. (I knew I was pregnant when I applied for and accepted the position, which made me feel like an absolute heel, but my other employer was cutting my hours from full time down to 20 hours a week and I needed more - both to prepare and for mat leave!) I mean, I just barely qualified for their mat leave top up (I believe the deal was, I had to clear my probationary period - 4 months - to be eligible. I spent the entire probation convinced they would find a reason to fire me, and they were critical of the time I had to miss for dr appointments, but I used up all of my vacation time and EDO time to cover them in the end and they couldn't complain. Gotta say how "awesome" it was to use a half day of vacation to take the miserable GD long test!)

Aaaaanyhow - I guess in the end I should just be grateful I had a job at the time that met my needs. Because it did. And despite the constant lectures by my direct supervisor against becoming a SAHM after DD was born, I have been grateful not to return, haha! I do plan to go back to work eventually after this babe goes to school (unless, of course, my baking business has gone nuts and I can make an actual living on it - in which case, having all day to bake would be amazing!)

And Synchro - yeah, any top up is good! I was super fortunate with an employer that topped up for three months, but I think that is unusual. Right now DH is carefully navigating his parental leave world, as we seem to like to start new jobs during pregnancies! He took an awesome early exit package from his old employer in September, and then started a new job in December. We've always agreed he will take parental leave for 3-4 months when #2 arrives (as we don't have any family in town other than his very elderly parents, and I would likely get into a fist fight with his mom if we had to interact too often), but he is convinced his job is going to fire him for doing it now. SO stressful, and I think he is wrong, but just in case we are trying to be extra cautious with spending.

So sorry to hear the break was so short :( I thought I was getting some relief this morning - I felt so good! - but then the nausea came back just before lunch. Boo.

#95 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 869 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:42 PM

Has anyone weighed themselves lately?  I'm notorious for not eating during pregnancy because I generally feel blah, but was blown away yesterday that I had lost 12lbs.  To put in in context though...before pregnancy I was 50 lbs overweight and drank wine like water, so by better diet choices alone, this isn't that surprising ;)

Elation - I just got back from NYC (last week), am heading to Florida at the end of the month (pleasure) and then am heading back to NYC in April...so yep, plenty of travel in my future.  The great part is that if you stick your belly out, they generally put you into the short/express line!

So I haven't told work yet....mostly because I'm not 100% sure that I'm going to take that much time off.  I took a full year with each of my girls and it was wonderful...I loved every minute of it.  But, it was hard to go back to work.  Not that I missed them, but I felt like in a year I had forgotten how to run reports and missed out on a year of progress...I just felt slow and stupid.  I'm in a job now that (I think) is amazing.  I work from home, my hours are whatever I want them to be (as long as the work gets done), I can take time off for dr appointments, school plays etc. If I leave for a year, I know that I won't be given this job back (it's one of a kind and by the time someone else has done it for a year, there's no point having me pick it back up again).  Plus, there's a big project that begins in June and wraps in December and I'm really the only one that can do it (based on needing a year of history to make informed decisions).  So, I've been looking into a nanny.  We're in Toronto, so between before and after care for my 6 year old, full day daycare for my 2 year old and (god forbid) putting the baby in full day daycare, we'd be spending $45k/year.  It would be much cheaper to bring someone into the house which would allow me to have the baby around all the time but still be able to get work done when needed (and possibly some help with cooking, cleaning and laundry?!?).  Sigh.  I think that's my decision - to take maybe 4-6 weeks and then jump back into work.  This will be my last time for mat leave - I can't believe that I'm giving it up so easily knowing that I'm going to have to work for the rest of my life to support these 3 monkeys.  Thoughts?

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

Welcomed our 3rd beautiful baby girl

Our journey is complete.  What a wild ride.

#96 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 08:44 PM

elephantshoes - 12 lbs??! WOW. But like you say, your eating and drinking habits have changed massively and that could easily account for it. Just be sure you are eating enough! (I know - first trimester you basically need an extra snack a day and that's all!) I get the same, lack of appetite, in the third trimester - because I just felt so freaking FULL and there was no space for my stomach and food. I have not lost weight, but I went into this at a decent weight - I am now up about 8lbs (with DD #1 I was up around 12-15 at this point). I gain a ton of fluid during pregnancy, so I need to just suck it up.

Also, I completely understand where you are coming from, with work. I would want to hang on to that job too! Seriously, for a well paying, flexible, work-from-home position, I would probably do exactly what you are thinking of doing.

#97 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:16 AM

Hey ladies!

Elation, Im actually heading to Boston today for a week of eduction. Trying to get all the pre reading done before my flight tonight.. I totally procrastinated this. We also booked 4 days in Bahamas first week of March so like elephantshoes - I have some upcoming travel plans. Where do you think your work will be sending you?

Elephantshoes, wow down 12 pounds. Ive been weighing myself everyday and as of now I am up 4 pounds but I was borderline low BMI pre pregnancy. Despite the constant mild nausea I still manage to eat a lot :). You are definitely doing the right thing considering all your options to maintain that dream job and save money. Since this will be my first mat leave I am looking forward to taking a long break from work so cant exactly relate but it sounds very logical!

Yaena, sorry to hear about the stress worrying that DH wont be able to take parental leave without losing his job. Are they even allowed to do that? Im not familiar with the law for parental leave. My DH has his own small business which sounds amazing for flexibility but the reality is he will need to hire more people for that place to function without him for more than 2 days.. he needs to get on that ASAP.

Is anyone exercising much these days? We have a dog that we walk, but ever since I stopped skating 4 weeks ago I havent had much regular exercise. Im a little unsure what is safe to do especially with twins and I havent been able to meet with a Dr. yet to discuss it. All books and google say to discuss with your Dr...

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#98 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:20 AM

yaenaSK - I hope your baking business booms and you get to make a living doing what you love!  I think you’re already moving in the right direction by investing your time into your passion.  If only we were all so brave! 

Also, its much easier to think you’re going to get fired when you’re new, but you can’t fire someone for taking parental leave, or any other potential reason that may be associated with being a parent.  I’m sorry it’s causing so much stress though :(

elephantshoes - I weigh myself all the time but mostly because of the lasting OHSS symptoms. At this point I’m not sure what’s really going on with my weight, but it’s hovered around the same mark +/- 2 lbs or so.. I still have the belly of a 5-6month pregnancy (as a waitress so kindly pointed out this weekend) so I’m not sure of additional baby weight.  

Haha good little tip about the express line in airports! Definitely going to have to keep that in mind.  Also glad to hear that travel isn’t something to be afraid of.  Work is planning to send me to Las Vegas in April where I’ll be on my feet a lot - definitely won’t be able to wear heels though.  Omg on that note what in the world am I going to wear….

I also have a friend with three girls who really wanted to do a nanny but her husband was against it. He didn’t want the kids getting close to someone who wasn’t family.  She ended up staying at home for the 18 months and then having to do daycare, but I know a couple others who use a nanny.  If I were in your shoes though, I think I would totally do a nanny as well.  Daycare is so expensive here!

Synchrogirl- Hope you’re enjoying Boston!  I love that city.  The Bahamas also sounds amazing!  I thought about doing a baby moon of some sort but the high risk thing kind of has me worried.  Work is sending me to Las Vegas for a conference and I know it’ll be super busy and exhausting… I’m not looking forward to that at all.  It’s also tech, where there aren’t a lot of women, especially pregnant women.  But I did have a pregnant colleague do it last year.  She’s a total champ.

To be honest, I’m not exercising much at all.  I used to be super active doing hockey twice a week and volleyball twice a week, golf on the weekends in the summer, but now I feel like a potato that can barely stay awake.  I feel so unfit and its probably also why I’m feeling more lethargic than usual!  My body still aches though and I know I haven’t recovered from OHSS… which makes wanting to do things even harder.  

AFM - I received my NIPT call this morning!!  You were right yaena, that only took 4 full business days! I’m impressed.  It all came back normal too!! AND! My hubby is going to get what he wanted :P I’m going to go pick up a cupcake with a certain colour filling at lunch today to bring home for him! 

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#99 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 972 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

Congrats Elation! How are you feeling about the gender results? And such great news that everything came back normal! I am also not exercising much really - I have tried a couple of times but mostly, I am exhausted and nauseous and that is taking away from my drive. On nice days, DD and I go for a walk to run errands, but nothing regular enough for my liking.

And thanks for the well wishes on the baking! I am a little unsure where it is going these days, because I know I will need to take some time off over the summer, and don't know when I will get back to it. We're also planning a move in a couple of years, so I worry what that means about the future of it as well. We are looking into two locations for the future - maybe Edmonton (DH's push, since his brother might be ending up there) or maybe Halifax (where my family and friends are all close). If we end up in Halifax, I think I have a shot at keeping things going, but if we go to Edmonton, I am pretty sure I will have to give it up, as I won't have any connections.

Synchro - I am not too sure about exercise with twins either. When is your next appointment? Could you check in with your Dr about exercise with a phone call?

AFM - Just super emotional these days. The nausea seems to be slowly waning - which is awesome! But I just feel so unsupported at home. DH's new job has me pretty resentful, and he is paranoid (like with the parental leave ) - even though he knows what they can and can't do legally, he feels like he has to put all his time and energy into it to prove himself. I told him yesterday that I really needed to book in with my counselor (who I haven't seen since December when he started this job), and he said fine. So I called, got an appointment for mid March (her only opening before April) - and then when I told him he said he couldn't do that time (he needs to watch DD). He basically gave me one time slot per day he was willing to cover, so I couldn't get an appointment until April 28. I feel like I was basically tricked into going for this baby now - he was the one who convinced me to try for a sibling, though once I agreed I was definitely fully on board. But I never expected I would be essentially single parenting our toddler while pregnant too. It is so frustrating and I have so many conflicted feelings now - but of course, can't work through them for another 2 1/2 months. Ugh.

#100 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:47 PM

Thanks yaena!  I'm feeling very excited .. for my husband! Haha I was more worried about abnormalities so hearing about low risk results for me was awesome - which I think he would definitely agree.  But since he preferred a gender, I hoped he would get what he wanted! Also as a side note, finding somewhere to make a gender reveal cupcake that could procure one on the spot is quite tricky.  Longo's ended up slicing one of their cupcakes apart to put in the filling for me.. the result was hilarious.  I had a box from prairie GIRL so he looked at that and said HMM... prairie girl??  Then he tried to take the Longos cupcake out of the box but pulled the top half off only revealing the icing, but he STILL didn't clue in. I was like OH NOOO that was not supposed to happen! Then just before he bites it, it clues in and he looks at me while exclaiming IT'S A BOY!!! and starts laughing delightedly.  It was pretty cute.  I also had a card for him that reads 'You have 18 years to teach him everything', inside: 'Good luck!'

It's pretty good you're out and walking at least, I feel like walking takes so much effort which I can't tell if its from going from very active to inactive, but it doesn't feel great.  Wow that's a big move decision too, Halifax or Edmonton!  Well it's always hard to plan these things so far in advance, but you never know how these things may pan out. Maybe Edmonton is in dire need of your bakery services! (Like gender reveal cupcakes? )

I'm so sorry home life is feeling so tough - like you're single parenting while pregnant without the support you agreed on.  Perhaps this is just a matter of communicating how you feel right now?  I definitely understand how a new job always feels like you need to prove yourself there first.  I find that men seem to have a one track mind and can only focus on one thing at a time.  If right now it's his job, maybe there's a reason and you find out why he feels so stressed out at work?  He must have had a vision of how amazing a second baby was going to be, but now the job is pulling his attention away.

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN