290 replies to this topic

#51 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 27 January 2020 - 06:14 PM

YaenaSK- congrats on baby girl hun. I wish my baby was a girl so bad maybe we could trade? ;-) joking

Hows everyone doing? Ive been so good for a week or so the bam full force nausea is back ;-( maybe ill go pick up some Zofran just in case. Anyway aminocentesis result short form show normal fetus and low risk of 3 trisomy (which we already knew from NIPT) 1more week of a microarray result. 🤞🤞🤞 oh I got myself a new breastpump btw. I got 20%off coupon from bedbathandbeyond so I did it ;-)
  • elephantshoes likes this
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#52 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 922 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:30 PM

Thanks everyone! I have to admit, it feels a little surreal now. I am finally excited and trying to hold on to that feeling.

Elation - yeah, that is exactly how I felt about the predictors last time around too haha. They have been wrong both times for me! I think the best predictor is, whatever I think it is, the baby will be the opposite haha. I too see a huge benefit to having two little girls/sisters - especially since they will only be a couple of years apart.

Elephantshoes! What a crappy visit that sounds like, with the substitute RE. I mean, don't they know they are supposed to lead with the good, reassuring stuff? I am glad though that everything is looking good with you too! I agree about sisters - I had two brothers and while I appreciate them now, it was NOT fun growing up. (They are both older than me, and definitely didn't assume the protective role!) My oldest brother actually has three daughters now, and they are all the best of friends, so I will cross my fingers for you!

Canadamommy - Good to hear your tests are coming back low risk! I totally understand your comment about wishing this one was a girl. I am still absolutely, positively certain the baby we lost in September was a boy, and I think that is why the news this one is a girl was a little bittersweet. I know a rainbow baby is a rainbow baby, and she will be special in so many ways - but I think a part of me hoped for a boy because of that experience. Maybe better that this is a girl, actually, so I don't live in the memory as much. That is how I am thinking now, at least - it is helping/forcing me to move on more.

DH is not overly excited - we have both been tempering our excitement so much this first trimester, that it can be hard to really get it going now. I am feeling good since all the things I was worried about have passed, but he is still cautious. I hope he'll pick up soon (as does he).

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! Hoping this is our strong embryo!

#53 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 120 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 28 January 2020 - 01:20 AM

elephantshoes- glad to hear from you again! Yeah I guess there will always be something to worry about. The OHSS is probably just something I cant find many other experiences about so of course Google and I imagine more terrible situations together. Hopefully itll resolve spontaneously soon! Sorry to hear about the crappy RE experience too. Really changes the experience.

Canadamommy2- yay for normal states and low risk! But sorry to hear nausea is back full force.

yaenaSK- hahah I love that thinking. Whatever youre convinced it is, its the opposite. Looks like Im having a girl! I do want to do the NIPT though just to have everything cleared in advance. Like also the gender :P Im glad all the worry stages have passed but i totally get what you mean about the over-tempering or expectations. I feel like thats also where were at! I think its time you could start picturing your dream nursery or thinking of names to kickstart the excitement again?

Me: 32; DH: 41  |  TTC: 2017  |  Mt Sinai Fertility

Dx: Single partial ovary, dermoid cyst and x-large fibroids

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2017 July - Switch to Mt Sinai from RCC

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2018 Oct - Medicated Cycle BFN

2018 Nov - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 June - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

#54 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 28 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

Hi ladies, I love how active it is here! :)

Elation, unbelievable that he asked you if it was from IVF. People are so nosy! I bet I will get the same question from the office gossipers especially when they find out its twins. I will have to come up with a polite response like why do you ask. As if it matters! Anyway, my next scan is Feb 14 - apparently its a long one, they said likely 2 hours for twins. I then meet with the Dr sub (mine is on holidays for a few months) on Feb 19. Your appointment is coming up soon right? Is it Thursday?

Elephantshoes! I really did get an amazing ultrasound tech last time.. the one before that wouldnt share anything. This one was talking to me the entire time, she even let my husband come in the room to see the wiggles live while doing an internal which she said was kind of against the rules but everyone was on lunch. I didnt even ask for that, she offered. So nice! Did your 12 week ultrasound take a long time? Like an hour? They said the one at 12 weeks is very thorough and takes a while.

Yaena, yay another baby girl! Hopefully you are holding onto that excited feeling :) Im excited for you!

Canadamommy, sorry to hear your nausea started back up. I was kind of thinking it goes away after the first trimester. My sister reminded me hers was so bad she took meds for it but it didnt even start until the second trimester. Congrats on all the great results youve got so far!

Speaking of breast pumps - since this is my first Id love to hear your recommendations for a good one. In fact, Ill want recommendations for pretty much everything haha when the time comes 😊

Me: 40 DH: 52

Dx: Mild Endo, Immune Related Issues, Unexplained

TTC #1 since 2003... 3 years ending in heartbreaking divorce...

Lap #1 in 2005 (mild endo), Lap #2 in 2013 (confirmed no regrowth)

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Immune testing revealed low leukocyte antibodies (1%)

May-June 2019: LIT #1 (x2 treatments) with DH - minor improvement

July-Sept 2019: LIT #2 with donor (x3 treatments) - again minor improvement

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

Dec 20, 2019 - first ever BFP!

#55 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

I love the activity here too! I hope we can keep it up - when you get a good, active group here, it makes such a difference in the sort of support you have through this whole process.

Synchro - whoa. An hour or two for the 12 week ultrasound? I totally feel like I missed out on something! I am guessing it is because I don't see an OB (well, I will eventually for this one, just not until near the end). I had a quick, 5-10 minute internal scan at 11 weeks, then I don't have anything until the 20 week anatomy scan. I have always heard that OB's do more ultrasounds though. It has definitely made me reconsider, because I like to see the little bean - but I hate the waiting rooms so much, haha.

Elation - It really is great for peace of mind, with the NIPT. But I also totally get when women don't want to do it, either. I mean - sometimes you just want to enjoy the moment. I am such a control freak I find that hard though, haha.

Oh! Synchro - re: breast pumps - you can also often rent them from pharmacies. I had serious troubles breastfeeding with DD - in the end I never got milk in, but I tried for a couple of weeks. My hospital gave me a list of pharmacies that rent hospital grade pumps - it wasn't too expensive, all things considered - you have to buy part of it (the stuff that wouldn't be sanitary to share), and then the rental fee - ours was a deposit that we got back, minus a small fee. It's always an option if you want to wait, then you can figure out what sort of pump you prefer without spending a few hundred dollars upfront. I am seriously hoping I will be able to breastfeed this time around - just hoping last time's difficulties were due to circumstances (emergency c, and no skin to skin as DD had a fever and was rushed to the NICU - I didn't even get to hold her for more than a minute, until about 8 hours after birth). Formula is SO freaking expensive and I love the bond that breastfeeding creates. (That said, the ability to give DH an 8 hour shift with her at night while I slept was also pretty magical, hahaha!)

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#56 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 03:54 PM

Also loving the activity! I feel like the IVF journey changes how we view pregnancy and its really nice to have others in mostly Canada to commiserate with :)

Synchrogirl- yeah I was shocked! I should have asked back whats IVF? lol. I think curiousity gets the better of people. Some others have said back to me, oh I almost had to do IVF, but Im not sure how to take that either. I hope no one asks about it for you!
Yes great memory, my first OB appt is on Thursday! Im super nervous and I dont know why. I hope they will do an ultrasound although they didnt say anything about it. My doctor is also out of office and Im seeing a sub. A two hour appointment though! Thats great they take so much time with you instead of just another number in and out.

yaenaSK- haha yeah I dont think I know anyone who conceived without treatment do a NIPT. Are IVF pregnancies higher risk generally? I think health concerns are floating around in my head now and I think psychologically it might be because I didnt do genetic testing or counseling and I knew it was an option...

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

#57 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 854 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

Hi ladies, I love how active it is here! smile.png

Elation, unbelievable that he asked you if it was from IVF. People are so nosy! I bet I will get the same question from the office gossipers especially when they find out its twins. I will have to come up with a polite response like why do you ask. As if it matters! Anyway, my next scan is Feb 14 - apparently its a long one, they said likely 2 hours for twins. I then meet with the Dr sub (mine is on holidays for a few months) on Feb 19. Your appointment is coming up soon right? Is it Thursday?

Elephantshoes! I really did get an amazing ultrasound tech last time.. the one before that wouldnt share anything. This one was talking to me the entire time, she even let my husband come in the room to see the wiggles live while doing an internal which she said was kind of against the rules but everyone was on lunch. I didnt even ask for that, she offered. So nice! Did your 12 week ultrasound take a long time? Like an hour? They said the one at 12 weeks is very thorough and takes a while.

Yaena, yay another baby girl! Hopefully you are holding onto that excited feeling smile.png Im excited for you!

Canadamommy, sorry to hear your nausea started back up. I was kind of thinking it goes away after the first trimester. My sister reminded me hers was so bad she took meds for it but it didnt even start until the second trimester. Congrats on all the great results youve got so far!

Speaking of breast pumps - since this is my first Id love to hear your recommendations for a good one. In fact, Ill want recommendations for pretty much everything haha when the time comes

For my 12 week this time it took 45 mins (one baby).  For my last daughter I was there for 1.5 hours for the 12 week ultrasound and honestly thought that there was something terribly wrong!  It really depends on if the baby is cooperating.  They need to see the baby from every angle and sometimes the little buggers won't move.  I've had to roll from side to side, go on walks, do jumping jacks etc. 

Regarding breast pumps...oh lord.  Just like Yaena, my milk never came in.  I ran around like a mad woman for the first three days after my first daughter was born to feeding clinics and ended up buying the Midela Double Electric (whatever it was called) - basically the top of the line at ToysRUs for about $500.  But guess what...when you don't have any milk, a pump doesn't do squat!  I'd suggest that you hold off buying a pump until you know what your milk supply is like and whether you want to/need to pump.  Renting (from the hospital) is a great option and their pumps are (usually) a much higher suction.  By the time my milk finally came in (thank you Domperidone!) I was done with pumping and I didn't even bother (pumping) for kid #2.  I nursed when I wanted to and used formula when I wanted to and it was FABULOUS! So my breast pump has been used about 5 times and DH reminds me about what a waste of money it was on an almost monthly basis lol.

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

#58 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:27 PM

Elephantshoes - hahahahaha - "When you don't have any milk, a pump doesn't do squat!" That is the truth. I remember my GP asking at a followup how much milk I was getting, and I said "1 ml". She looked concerned and asked "That's all, each time?" And I broke it to her that that was all, over the course of an entire day! She just gaped for a second and said "You can stop now. Don't punish yourself like this anymore - formula is fine." That was after a week or two of solid attempts to breast feed followed by half hour pumping sessions, about 5 times a day. I was freaking exhausted. But I have hope, because my sister was the same way with her first - and then basically was a milk buffet for her second.

Elation - so true re: NIPT! I do know someone who conceived naturally who did it - but she conceived naturally after a few years of fertility treatments and a failed IVF so, it is all a little different in that case. My clinic said that IVF doesn't increase the risk of birth defects, but that ICSI raises the risk a tiny bit - but, that was also three years ago so I don't know what the current info is. I know several gorgeous, healthy IVF babies personally though, and many more virtually! Actually, the only babies I know who were born with genetic problems were naturally conceived.

Will my nausea and vomiting EVER stop? I and 12w5d and threw up three times this afternoon. It's like puke-a-palooza. I have a bad feeling that it is going to go well into the second tri, but am still hoping it will just disappear suddenly in a week or two.

#59 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 312 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:07 AM

Hi! Would it be okay if I joined? I am technically due June 22nd but the June thread is super dead and I loved how active my due date board with my first pregnancy was. 

Elation - We did the NIPT with both pregnancies, more so for the peace of mind than for anything else. My RE said it wasnt necessary and that IVF pregnancies dont have a higher risk of any issues, it was more to do with age etc but we still did it. I have a few friends who have done it as well even though they havent done IVF. 

SynchroGirl - I used the medela freestyle but I second (third?) the recommendations to wait. You can always have your H pop into a store and pick one up after the baby is born or rent one. They are expensive and it would be a waste to buy one and never use. It ended up being super helpful for me because my DS just wouldnt latch so we exclusively pumped for the first 6 months before I just got sick of it but everyone is different. 

Yaena - I am sorry you still arent feeling better!

Canadamommy - So glad everything is coming back low risk! FX for the rest of the results too. 

AFM, currently 19w2d pregnant with a baby girl. Had our anatomy scan on Monday and everything came back fine, NT scan and NIPT also showed everything low risk. Baby girl is the result of the only embryo we had make it blast from 2 back to 2 back cycles where we had a total of 18 eggs retrieved so I guess it really does only take one. We have DS who is almost 20 months we was the result of IVF as well smile.png

• returnable and MrsCann like this

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#60 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 922 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:31 AM

Pandora! It's great to have you join in :) And so happy we are both celebrating healthy pregnancies this time around! Congratulations on expecting a little girl this time. How are you feeling?

So crazy how true it is that it only takes one. Our first IVF cycle resulted in three embryos, but only one turned into a successful baby. And this time around, we had six embryos and made it to #3 before we managed a successful pregnancy. (DH is already saying he wants to try again with the three remaining, but I don't want to open myself up to another year of loss like it took to get here. I feel so content with two littles that I want to just enjoy that. And about 16 other reasons - no more first trimesters please, no more hormones please, and we want to move to another province and I wouldn't be open to another doctor after how awesome mine was so I'd have to fly across the country for every transfer - basically, it just doesn't make sense to me.)

#61 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:55 AM

Pandora - welcome! Awesome to have you join! I am very relieved to hear you say your doc has told you that IVF pregnancies are no higher in risk than a normal one.  When my fertility clinic released me to the OB and it was a special clinic specifically for fertility patients, I was surprised.  Perhaps its a part of the severe OHSS though... But I think I am also going to do NIPT for peace of mind!

Also yay for low risk results!! Just browsing through your signature history and it's so great that the embryos that made it through IVF made it all the way through to success!  What a wonderful success story.

yaenaSK - I actually have no idea whether it was ICSI or conventional IVF.  The protocol was listed as 'rescue ICSI' and I asked them if they would be able to tell me how many/which ones, but they never got an answer for me.  I know it shouldn't really matter, but I was curious.  Did they tell you?

I hope to someday be where you are- happy with your family size and done with the active infertility struggle.  I know one other acquaintance in real life who has done IVF, but all of my friends conceived without treatment.  The anxiety is real!

elephantshoes - I feel like I have learned a lot about breast pumps from you ladies!

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#62 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 312 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:31 AM

Yaena - So happy to finally be pregnant together, finally! We have no more embryos and I think we are done. I also said I thought I was done after DS, but I think that had to do more with shielding myself from more IVF and IVF failures, I always thought my ideal family would be 2 kids and so happy to be getting there. DH initially wanted lots of kids to but I think is coming around to 2 after everything we had to go through to get there. I want to be able to travel etc, and our travel budget has taken a huge hit since we started this IVF process in 2016! I mean, if it happens naturally later on we will welcome in but I dont think we will go going through the IVF route again. It is definitely a hard decision to make when you have embabies.

Elation - Were you released to the early pregnancy clinic at Mount Sinai? I was referred there for my ectopic but I dont think it is typical. It is very likely you were referred there for your OHSS so you could be watched between being discharged from your clinic and your first appointment with the OB, I actually asked my RE if he thought I needed to do the panorama and he said no, not at all lol. And I definitely hear you, none of my friends needed any sort of treatment to get pregnant. I have a friend who complained to me after she didnt get pregnant after trying for 3 months. She unfortunately had a late first trimester loss with her second pregnancy (but is pregnant again with a healthy baby) and apologized to me for ever being offensive/insensitive etc and acknowledged she could never go through what my H & I had to go through to get pregnant. Regarding your rescue ISCI, your RE should have all the information as to how many embryos had to have rescue ISCI on the embryo report. 

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#63 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

YaenaSK - you know what, i agree with how strenge it is about 3-1 odd of taking home baby. My first born son was a result of the 3rd FET. And so is this little bean, hes also the 3rd FET after my son was born too. I guess its true the stats that drve always been saying that there is 1 potential baby in every 3 embryos.

And Pandora - thank you and welcome hun. Sorry I left the june group. It is really dead there LOL
Hubby 43

FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

#64 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 03:46 PM

Pandora - the clinic is called the Special Pregnancy Clinic for Fertility Patients, or SPCF.  It might not be the same as the early pregnancy clinic, but I also feel like this might be a special clinic for problematic IVF like me, where OHSS kicked me around.  This is where my OB is as well, who I'm going to see tomorrow and beg for an ultrasound.  The nurse said it was at the doctor's discretion.  Should I cry?  Haha..  But wow I'm sorry that you had to go through friend insensitivities and I'm glad it didn't affect your friendship.  One of my best friends made light of how awful my specific aspects of my experience was with OHSS and it really felt invalidating.  My clinic never did end up following up with me about ICSI, but I also wonder if it even really matters!

Canadamommy2 - I always heard about the 3-1 stat but its fascinating how accurate that seems to be here!  I always felt like IVF was such a numbers game that the numbers just seemed less and less relevant, so it became more about random luck, which side of the numbers I would end up on.

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#65 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 10:12 AM

Thanks everyone for the advice on waiting to purchase a breast pump! That makes sense so I will definitely wait.. who knows if I will a have milk. My breasts are pretty small if that has anything to do with it! Ha.

Elation - good luck with your appointment today! Hope you get to have an ultrasound and dont have to cry for it :) let us know.

Welcome Pandora! This group is definitely where the action is at. Congrats on your baby girl on the way! So lovely to have one of each :) I always thought we would stop after 2 for sure but now that pregnancy #1 is twins, who knows how that might change our decision.

AFM, having trouble sleeping lately and feeling lots of cramps and twinges at night in bed. I hope that is normal, especially knowing they are moving around maybe the uterus is starting to grow? Also peeing a lot at night.. really need to stop having a giant tea before bed, lol.

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

#66 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 922 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 02:58 PM

Pandora - Right? I mean, how many times did we end up cycling together? I completely get where you're coming from re: shielding yourself from future treatments by not wanting more kids. That is a large reason I am happy with two. Each one we try for can come with so much heartache and physical pain and I just don't want to go through it anymore. (And I don't know if others are like me, but once I open that door to wanting, I find it hard to stop until I achieve it - which is how we ended up doing our second round of IVF in the first place.)

Canadamommy - You're right! I had never realized just how "1 in 3" we were! (I think because it was "worked", then four "no" - so I didn't make that connection). How interesting that we are exactly in line with the stats.

Elation - I hear you on feeling like it is a numbers game. I would get SO discouraged in a group, when the positives were flying everywhere and I was still waiting. I know it's totally irrational but I always felt like there were only so many BFPs to go around, and they might run out before I got mine. Which is so untrue because really, the only numbers game we're playing is against ourselves right? I finally started to understand that for this particular transfer - kept repeating "every embryo has its own story to tell".

How was your appointment today? I too hope you got that ultrasound!

Synchro - I too have been having lots of twinges and little cramps and things. Mostly evening for me, not quite bedtime, but I would say it is totally normal. I mean, things will be stretching and growing to accommodate the babies, particularly with twins!

And YES the peeing is so annoying! I can count on at least one wake up, despite my efforts to reduce my fluid within a hour or so of bedtime. Some nights, I go to bed at 10, wake up at 11:30, again at 3, and again at 5:30 (which is when I give up because I have to be awake shortly after 6). I just want 8 hours straight! But I also keep reminding myself this is still probably the best sleep I'm going to get for the next year or so, haha.

AFM - still with the nausea :( I am so tired of it. Yesterday I thought I was going to make it through the day - then threw up three times in a row, late afternoon. So far today I haven't taken any nausea meds (hoping my round of dry heaves before breakfast will satisfy the nausea monster). But the constipation is still brutal too - I am switching to a prenatal without iron, to see if it helps. My GP appointment isn't for another two weeks so I am kind of trying to sort things out on my own for now. Darn 4 1/2 weeks between appointments.

#67 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:23 AM

YaenaSK - I love how positive you are. You’ve always bring such a positive energy to the group even you dont feel that well or facing some heart breaking situation.

Elephanshoes - i used madela swing (single pump) last time and nursed my son one side and pump the other. I also did take some supplement (domperidone) and it did work. This time i am getting a Madela freestyle flex (i think its what jts called). I got a 20% off coupon from buybuybaby and it was expiring soon so i did it. Hopefully it will do its job.

So many to catch on. Love how active it is in here. I’m so sorry I missed a lot of people. So hard to type from the phone ;-(
Hubby 43

#68 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:46 PM

Synchrogirl- Im getting some minor cramps every now and then too, but sometimes I cant tell if Im just gassy! Im also waking up at night to pee, which I never had to do before, and I do it all in the dark so as to try not to wake myself up completely lol

Thank you and yaenaSK for the well wishes as they did manage to squeeze in an ultrasound today :) the doctor was so great and sympathetic to my worries. We got to see the flickering heartbeat and baby now has a heart rate of 163!

yaenaSK- so sorry to hear your nausea is still bothering you. Ive heard so many things about nausea fixes, like smelling lemon, ginger, eating watermelon, unisom and B6, ginger ale, and small light bland meals.. everyone seems to have different experiences with it.

About to go for another follow up with the doctor! Hopefully theyll tell me the OHSS is going to disappear within the next 24h. One can dream right? 😁

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#69 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:38 PM

Glad to hear you got that ultrasound elation! Hopefully you got a good picture :) must have been a relief to know all is well. I hear ya on the gas. Oh man. Hopefully you got good news on the OHSS too!

Yaena, I really feel for you with the nausea. I get waves of it but still have not actually thrown up. Sometimes its pretty intense though, often right before I eat. Yours sounds awful. Our pee schedules are quite similar! A lot of nights I get up 3 times, its crazy. So true though this is probably still the best sleep we will get for a while! Ha.

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#70 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 922 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:05 PM

Canadamommy - what a sweet thing to say! I appreciate it so much.

Elation - YAY! Glad your OB was sympathetic and did an ultrasound, and that everything was good. What a sense of reassurance right? How was your follow up re: the OHSS?

AFM - Yeah, the nausea is totally kicking my butt. I almost dread eating now, but know I have to do it for the sake of this baby. I mean - it's always a 50/50 chance that it will set off another round. I am starting to feel more and more sure that this is going to hang around a fair bit, and I definitely need to find better ways to manage it. I have gained less than half the weight this time that I did with DD#1 by this point (but at least I have managed to gain!). It's also starting to get to me mentally - which is normal too I think. I mean, I have puked at least once, normally more like 2-4 times, per day, for nearly six weeks now. I am alone with DD all day, trying to be a good mom and manage feeling like total crap, and be excited about this new baby, and I feel like I am missing the boat on most of it. I know I need to cut myself a break because this won't last forever - but man, I wish it would go away soon so I could feel better in all ways!

In happier news, I *think* DH and I have already chosen a name! We chose DD#1's name super early too (Simone), and this time around we are in agreement on Elena (after my grandmother Elaine, who passed away from Alzheimers just a couple of months after we were married). We are terrible at agreeing on names, so finding one we both like is always a minor miracle (and this one required some compromising from both of us on the spelling, haha). Of course, end of July is still a very long ways away, and there is lots of room for discussion and mind changing!

#71 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:03 AM

Synchrogirl, yaena - thank you and yes, such a relief! The doc told me that my condition is stable and there is actually very little fluid remaining even though I still look over bloated, like Im 5mo along. Apparently its because of all the tissue and organ trauma from the OHSS (also causing lots of gas 🙄) and its okay, but could take a while to come back down. She isnt too concerned though it still unnerved me.

However, my ovary is still overblown and is likely to stay that way for the rest of the pregnancy. There will be a constant risk of torsion until the baby gets big enough to pin it down. My big fibroids have also grown too and although theres no additional risk to the pregnancy, they sometimes break themselves down and can cause sharp pains while doing so. It was overall good news, but it sounds like Im in for a ride. The clinic seems really great though, giving me a number of different lines to call for direct help should I feel like the ovary has torqued!

YaenaSK- oh man Im so sorry that this nausea is being so stubborn for you! We do our best and thats literally the most we can ask of ourselves. Im glad you are still managing to gain some weight though. Hang in there!
Im also feeling a bit of lack of excitement right now probably because of all the concerns that keep popping up. Some people say they feel intensely connected to their baby and immense love from the start, but all I got is worry! I love the names you chose though, they are beautiful and its lovely that you can honour your grandmother that way! I havent even thought names..

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#72 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 922 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:26 PM

Elation - Eeps, what a risk to have to deal with for the entire pregnancy! I hope the coming months are much less eventful than it has been for you to get to this point.  Honestly, I wish all women who get pregnant after IF could have the most boring pregnancies possible - we have been through enough! The clinic sounds amazing though, and like a great place for you to be, with so much knowledge and specialized care.

We are totally obsessed with names in this family, ha. DH and I don't agree easily, so we start early with the knowledge it might take a day, or it might take a year. (Seriously, for DD#1 we argued names for a good 6 months, through all the treatments before I got pregnant.)

Anyone have a "delightful" mother in law? We have been telling the family now, and when DH told his parents today we were both more than a little taken aback when she told us she was praying that I "could carry this one to term" (reference to the miscarriage I had in September). I mean - I doubt she intended to be awful but man - way to put the blame for the m/c on me! Even worse because she and my father in law are both trained medical professionals (FIL didn't say anything about the comment, and was only supportive - I suspect he may have quietly told her off for making it, actually).

In happy happy news - I DIDN'T THROW UP TODAY! And I didn't take Zofran! Could it be the start of the end of the nausea, just like that? My fingers (and toes) are crossed!

#73 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:07 AM

yaena - thanks for the sympathy, I definitely hope so too! I also thought that would only be fair - if all women pregnant after IF treatments had the smoothest pregnancies and easiest births... of course I always thought that in order to truly be fair, men should also have a 50% of getting pregnant and dealing with all this too.  50/50 chance that either the mom or dad has to carry! Hahah equality?  Anyhow, glad you're not throwing up as much!! I am hoping so hard for you that continues.

We haven't really given too much thought to names!  We have a couple off my memory that we both have mentioned we liked in passing, but no list of agreeable names yet.  I think we want to find out the gender first, which hopefully I'll do my NIPT draw sometime this week.

Sorry about the tough MIL situation! I feel like people who don't get it really don't get it.  I was telling one of my best friends about the very worst parts of my OHSS experience and she had the gall to laugh and make jokes about it.  I was so inwardly pissed but I know she wasn't doing it out of malice, more likely she just had no idea how to respond and people resort to dry humour.. it's affected me though and I no longer feel like sharing as much now.

Side question, my throat has been really dry lately.  Is Fisherman's Friend okay?  It doesn't say anywhere not to take if pregnant.

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#74 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:56 AM

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Yaena, so fun that you guys settled on a name. I hadnt given it much thought and then decided to sit down and make a list of 5-6 names I liked for each and run it by my DH. He picked 3 of each that he liked. I asked if he had others he wanted to add and he said no - he likes these ones. Could it be this easy? lol. Girls: Lucy, Charlie, Ella. Boys: Kayden, Everett, Emerson. There is still lots of time to decide of course! So glad to hear you had a day of relief and hopefully that was the start of many good days to come. I threw up for the first time on Friday but it was after a jerky Uber right home from work (my car is in the shop) in rush hour and riding in the back. So maybe not even pregnancy related lol. Otherwise I just feel kind of blah but no puking. Sorry about your PITA MIL, people really say the rudest things sometimes.. but I like to think they dont mean to be offensive - not that it really helps in the moment.

Elation, so funny about the 50/50 chance the man has to carry! Can you imagine. So sorry to hear about the lingering issues youre experiencing, the overblown ovary sounds painful (is it?), the 5 month bloat etc. My bloat is quite uncomfortable too but yours sounds much worse. I feel for you! Im really curious to know when I will know if Im actually showing versus just bloated. I keep googling it and not getting any clear answers, lol.

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#75 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 922 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:57 PM

Elation - Fisherman's Friend says they are safe to consume, in moderation, during pregnancy. I know I use Hall's - ironically, they can take the edge off my nausea sometimes! And my gosh - I can't believe your friend made light of your OHSS! I would be so offended too - and probably wouldn't have been kind enough to hold my tongue. But you're so right - when people don't know the right thing to say (and unless they are familiar with something, they often don't), humour is a common defense. Yikes.

I too love the 50/50 idea! So funny because I made a comment to DH about him getting pregnant (don't remember what sparked it) - his response was "I wouldn't carry that well". Ha. He would honestly be such a whiny baby. I love him and he's an excellent father but he would be a terrible pregnant person.

Synchro - I too have been wondering how much of my "show" is actual baby bump and how much is bloat! And I have been here before and can't tell! If this makes sense, I feel like the top curve is all baby belly, but the bottom roundness is a lot of bloat. Because the bottom is still decently soft, if I press it, but the top is rock hard and if I try to flex my abs, it comes in a little but holds the same shape. I actually feel lucky to not be a lot bigger at nearly 14 weeks with #2 - I know a lot of friends who were in maternity pants by week 8 or 9. I still have one pair of jeans I can fasten - well, I could last week but think maybe not now. I do feel like I grew significantly in the last week.

Thanks for all of the kind comments about my MIL! Yeah, I don't think she was consciously being mean - although, she is also the kind of person who, even if she knew the comment would upset someone, would say it anyhow if that's what she thought. She is very, very closed to criticism or consideration of others' feelings (this is from DH, who is a total mama's boy, but he acknowledges it is a huge fault of hers).

And my nausea-free day was just that  - sadly, a day. It has come back with a serious vengeance since then. I have debated whether or not I should try to get my first prenatal with my GP moved up, to try and address it, but it was honestly so hard to get it this early that I doubt it will be possible. (Initially the earliest I could get was February 25 or 26 - I would have been 17 weeks already! - so I called and they managed to find time on the  14th for me but said it was literally the only time she had within the month.) I pre-booked my next two after that when I realized how hard appointments were to get.