#1 20 times

20 times
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Newlife

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:30 PM

Hi there

I just had a FET today with a donor egg after a failed FET 2 months ago. They are not sure why it failed. Maybe my lining wasnt optimal. It took to day 21 of estrace to get my lining to 7.1. Or maybe the embryo had an incorrect number of chromosomes. The embryo was 4AA. We didnt do PGS as they said its not usually done on donors.

Right as I got onto the table, they asked me if I wanted to do a HCG wash. I didnt even now what it was. Apparently it stimulates the uterus for implantation.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Right now, my belly feels distended. But that could be because of my 8 lb weight gain.

Thanks in advance for any insights!!

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 738 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:02 PM

20 times, I am with New Life too! I had many failed transfers with them and like you PGS was not recommended for me either because of donor eggs. I have done the HCG wash for some of my FET transfers but not all. Apparently it is to help with implantation but I am not so sure if it actually works. They have recommended it for some but other times, they have not and told me not to worry about it when I inquired. I have had five FET transfers, 4 negatives, one positive but ended up being an ectopic. MY first fresh ended up in a termination at almost 17 weeks.

#3 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 738 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:03 PM

By the way, they always want lining over 8mm to transfer. I am surprised that they didn't cancel your transfer. May I ask who your RE is?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, HCG, donor egg, Wash