#1 Mel&Rob

Mel&Rob
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:MUHC

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:05 PM

Hello to Everyone in the Community!! 

We are a couple looking for an amazing woman to help us through the gift of surrogacy. 

Before we started on our path to parenthood, we would have described surrogacy as something we viewed with a mixture of awe and a smidge of uncertainty. Awe in terms of the magnitude of generosity it requires from any woman who chooses to share so much of herself to grow a life for someone she may or may not know. And uncertainty as to how it would feel as a couple to leave this most intimate and important act of early life growth and guardianship to someone as of yet unknown to them.

However, now having gone through an open egg donation with the super sweetest and coolest donor, we only see surrogacy as part of an unsurpassed opportunity to bring a baby into the world through a collective of strong, kind and generous women. Partnering with our egg donor to create five embryos (who our donor dubbed the fighting five!) was so rewarding in ways we never expected. Rather than feeling fearful or isolated from the process, we felt embraced, even sheltered by our donor’s unwavering compassion, support and dependability. Also, instead of just amazingly gifting us with five embryos, our donor expanded our world to include her own warm, funny, kind-hearted family, who were all there to support us kick-starting this baby’s life.

The relationship that we continue to have with our donor is so warm and supportive, and if you are inspired to, we very much hope that we can continue this same type of journey with you.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 738 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:51 PM

If I wasn't in the same situation, I would carry your baby for you! You both sound so kind and loving. Wishing you success in your journey to find a surrogate who will fit in perfectly with your family!

#3 Mel&Rob

Mel&Rob
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:MUHC

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:14 AM

Thank you so much for such kind words. It's in our experience that such thoughtfulness comes from really caring people. Good luck with this crazy process as well!

#4 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 738 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:16 PM

XOXO!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: surrogate, IP, Canada