• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:30 AM

Hi all

We are starting our first ever ivf in January. We have mfi and are using donor sperm. We have a 12 month old dd who was conceived very quickly with unmedicated iui (cycle 2) and I have no known fertility issues. We are moving onto ivf in hopes of giving her a sibling (our donor is retired and we are down to the last 2 vials so decided to jump straight to ivf). We saw our RE last month and did the usual blood work etc and everything looks good. At the last minute he decided to add an AMH test (I didnt do this with dd). It took a bit for the results but I just checked and they are in and my number was 27.9. Is that ok? My RE office is closed till Wednesday so I thought Id see if anyone has any insight as Im a bit of a newbie to ivf. Im 36 almost 37 if that matters

#2 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:11 AM

It didn't come with the ranges that allow you to interpret it? Can you try calling the lab or your clinic?

I was told mine was low for my age at 7 (I am one year younger than you). We ended up having a good result anyway because my relatively high AFC bailed us out.

I think you should have a good result because you have no known issues and the donor sperm bypasses the male factor issue.

As an aside, I had no idea how much sperm they need for these procedures. My husband had to get two testicular biopsies (ouch) to make sure the lab had enough for the estimated 12-15 eggs they thought they would get out of me. You would think 12-15 eggs would mean 12-15 sperm, which is practically nothing, right? Guess not.

#3 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:02 AM

My clinic is closed but I’ll for sure ask them when they open. The range was useless and not dine by age and almost everything online is in American units.

#4 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:08 AM

They told me one vial of sperm with a back up. I think the vials are .5 ml?

#5 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:40 AM

Hi all

We are starting our first ever ivf in January. We have mfi and are using donor sperm. We have a 12 month old dd who was conceived very quickly with unmedicated iui (cycle 2) and I have no known fertility issues. We are moving onto ivf in hopes of giving her a sibling (our donor is retired and we are down to the last 2 vials so decided to jump straight to ivf). We saw our RE last month and did the usual blood work etc and everything looks good. At the last minute he decided to add an AMH test (I didnt do this with dd). It took a bit for the results but I just checked and they are in and my number was 27.9. Is that ok? My RE office is closed till Wednesday so I thought Id see if anyone has any insight as Im a bit of a newbie to ivf. Im 36 almost 37 if that matters

I put this together a while back, so it should answer your questions on AMH: https://ivf.ca/forum...it-explanation/

#6 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 10:25 AM

Regarding not including the age - age is not necessary to interpret AMH. You can be a 25 year old with a 40 year old's ovarian reserve, or a 40 year old with a 25 year old's reserve. I dug these ranges up from my stim cycle thread, two of us posted AMH ranges from our clinics

<1.1 predicts negligible response
1.1-6.9 predicts reduced response
7-20 predicts normal response
> 20 predicts potentially excessive response

0-2.2 - Very Low Reserve

2.3-15.7 Low

15.8-28.6 Medium

28.7-48.5 High

>48.5 Suspicion of PCOS/Granulosa cell tumors

both are pmol/L

#7 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:13 PM

Ok so looks like mine is in the good range then. I know when we monitored with iui they always said I looked like I had lots of eggs. Super nervous and excited to be starting ivf.... I hate not knowing what to expect

#8 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:13 PM

Hi all

I put this together a while back, so it should answer your questions on AMH: https://ivf.ca/forum...it-explanation/

Thanks that’s super helpful

#9 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:06 PM

I think it was prudent of your RE to order the AMH and likely s/he will give you a lower dose of meds to avoid over stimming you (read: less $$$$$)

#10 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:18 PM

That would be nice. Our insurance only covers the Lupron (assuming we use that)so we are on our own for everything

#11 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 01:23 PM

We spent $8000 on meds because of my AMH. The drug deposit for my clinic is $4500, which is the lower end for average drug costs. So hopefully you'll "only" spend 4-5k. People with even worse AMH spend even more.

#12 MayMai

MayMai
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

27 seems to be in the normal range.

I'm 35. My AMH was 52.1 pmol/L. No PCOS. Used Rekovelle, Cetrotide and triggered with Lupron. Clinic nurses botched demo of Rekovelle and long story short, I ended up taking a fraction of the meds I was supposed to. Worked out OKish in the end as I have 4 embryos. But probably could've had more

My insurance covered 80% of everything. Paid $464 total

I wish you the best

#13 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:36 AM

Good to know thanks. My Re said count on 4-6k for drugs with my numbers but he said it may be less

#14 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

Case anyone was wondering I am finished stims and ended up only having to stim for 8 days. Total drug cost was just under 4k going in shortly for retrieval and at last count I had over 20 “mature looking” follicles and my estradiol was 15,000

#15 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:49 AM

Wow that's an amazing result! Good luck with the rest.

#16 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:30 PM

Im 39, my amh was 42.6 and I had 21 retrieved. I was still on stims for 11 days and ended up with an estrogen of 37,600 a days before trigger :/ I was on way too high a dose I think but because of my age I guess they just went for it. Ended up triggering with Decapeptyl and at 5 days after retrieval I got my period and thank GOD other than bloat from hell no ohss!!

#17 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 80 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:55 AM

In case of ovarian reserve, in some cases acupuncture and/or mesotherapy treatment to ovaries might help improve eggs  quality.