January/February IVF

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#51 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:54 AM

Hugs I know it sucks but totally get wanting to know ahead of time to prepare yourself. I always tested at home before and it always kind of stung when they called to confirm a bfn so I’d always let it go to voicemail and then email them back to let them know I got the message (or ask them to email me instead of call)

#52 tabkay

tabkay
  • 56 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:aurora

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:28 PM

I saw it online, the results are negative. SO I will let the call go on Voicemail too. Hopefully will do another FET end of this year.

#53 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:32 AM

Hugs! Anyone else still stimming? On day 4 and feel ok so far. Back in Wednesday for a follie check 

#54 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

I'm on day 5 of stims. Everything is going ok so far. I was so nervous to screw up mixing the medication! I go in Thursday for a checkup.
-Sarah-

#55 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:56 PM

I hate mixing it. I added in centrotide yesterday and it sucked. I found it way harder to mix then then menopur and the needle was way longer 

#56 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:57 PM

I have a check tomorrow not feeling to much so I’m hoping everything is working 

#57 Nicole1985

Nicole1985
  • 49 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Delaware Valley

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:06 PM

Hey guys,

I got my negative result so my 7th transfer didnt not work! Im moving on to a FET. I have 3 in the freezer and one is hatching already so feel good about that. Hopefully my 8th transfer will work. Good luck to everyone!

#58 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:33 PM

Man that sucks glad you have some frostes! I went for monitoring tomorrow and I’m responding really well (after 6 days of meds I had 15 large follicles 11mm or larger as well as some smaller ones ). I’m back Friday for monitoring again and hopefully trigger and egg retrieval Sunday or Monday. My RE seemed really pleased so I’m taking that as a good sign

#59 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:43 PM

That's great news Nicky123. I also went in for an ultrasound this morning and it looks like I have 10 or more large follicles developing. My doctor seemed really pleased with that. I go back on Saturday for another checkup and then hopefully egg retrieval on Monday!
-Sarah-

#60 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:37 PM

That’s great sounds like we are in the same time frame.

#61 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:37 PM

Looks like I’m good to go. Trigger tonight and then egg retrieval Monday 

#62 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

Good luck! I went in today for an ultrasound and it looks like Im a touch behind so I will likely trigger tomorrow or Monday.
-Sarah-

#63 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:51 PM

Good luck. How are your follies looking? I think I had 22 that were in the prime range. My estrogen was 8000 so my re said it will likely be around 17 eggs by the time we trigger. Where are u cycling if you don’t mind my asking

#64 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:51 PM

Apparently e2 doubles approx every 48hrs

#65 Tyara

Tyara
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 23 February 2020 - 01:12 PM

Hi guys,

Wow you are all almost done stimming! My first day is today, starting with 300 Gonal-f and 75 Menopur.
Excited but freaking out a little bit too lol. All of my Gonal-f pens have air bubble but nurse say it's fine. Oh well, will see how it goes at 4 30 PM when I enject.

How many foliculles you had at your baseline ultrasound? I have 5 on each side.

Good luck everyone!

#66 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 10:06 PM

I have about 15 mature follicles. 10 on my right and 5 on my left. Two are 21mm and a bunch are between 12-17mm. So Im triggering tomorrow and retrieval is Wednesday. Im cycling in Victoria BC. Good luck with your cycle, Tyara! The injections get easier over time. I found that the menopur can sting a little bit but icing the area for a few minutes before seems to help.
-Sarah-

#67 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:04 AM

Good luck. I triggered sat and am heading in today for retrieval. Slightly terrified of the pain (which makes no sense because I naturally delivered my dd with no meds lol) but for some reason the egg retrieval process terrifies me. Just wanting it to be done and hoping for lots of embryos for all of us

#68 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 24 February 2020 - 10:39 AM

Has anyone had a scratch before a transfer? From everything Ive read its supposed to be done post ovulation of the cycle prior to the transfer, but my clinic just scheduled me for day 5 of my cycle (so clearly before ovulation) the month prior. Im concerned that this is not right! Does anyone have any insight on this?

#69 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:45 PM

Sorry, Im not familiar with a scratch. I didnt have it done. Nicky123, how did your retrieval go? Do you know how many eggs they were able to collect? Im going in for my retrieval tomorrow!
-Sarah-

#70 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:18 PM

Sorry, Im not familiar with a scratch. I didnt have it done. Nicky123, how did your retrieval go? Do you know how many eggs they were able to collect? Im going in for my retrieval tomorrow!

Good luck tomorrow. It went well thanks. They retrieved a whopping 24 and they all looked mature yesterday. They should be calling shortly with the fertilization report. Fx. FYI I was scared for nothing it wasn’t bad at all. The gas and bloating after was the worse part. 

#71 Tyara

Tyara
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:49 PM

Sarah good luck tomorrow! I am sure you are excited :)

Nicky123, wow 24 follicules is great number! Glad that you had good retrieval :)

I am on the 3rd day of stims, it was not really scary and I feel great for now. Have ultrasound and blood test on Thursday so hopefully follicles are growing.

#72 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:28 PM

Forgot to post yesterday. Turns out 19 were mature and 14 fertilized with traditional ivf (not ICSI) and are apparently all looking marvelous. Still super nervous as I know the drop offs can be huge

#73 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

Thats great news! Fingers crossed for you. I had 14 eggs retrieved today. I find out how many fertilized tomorrow.
-Sarah-

#74 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:50 PM

Thats great news! Fingers crossed for you. I had 14 eggs retrieved today. I find out how many fertilized tomorrow.

That’s fab. FX for a great fertilization report. How are you feeling? Did the retrieval go well?

#75 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:34 PM

Just got the call! We had 12 fertilize! Very happy with that number. My retrieval went really well. I initially thought I was going to be put asleep for it and when they told me I was going to be conscious but sedated I began to panic a bit. But honestly, I didnt find it that bad. Im a bit sore today. It hurts to pee. But Im finding Tylenol and a heating pad is helping a lot.
-Sarah-