January/February IVF

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

Couldnt find a non FET group so I thought Id start one. We are starting up our first every IVF cycle in January. Starting BCP when my Jan cycle starts then a sonohystogram later that month. Thinking egg retrieval will be in Feb. We are new to IVF but not the fertility world. We used iui with donor sperm and were blessed with a little one just over a year ago. Now moving onto sibling project the RE has recommended moving on to ivf as we would like to have at least one more child (if not 2) and Im 36 (almost 37) and we only have 2 vials left of donor sperm and hes retired now. I dont have any fertility issues as far as we know and I became pregnant very quickly (cycle 2) with unmedicated iui so hoping IVF will go smoothly as well (although Im very aware this isnt always the case). Id love any advice!

#2 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

Hi Nicky123

I hope things go smoothly for you! Stay positive. thumbup.gif

We are starting our second full cycle of IVF now. I started the BCP a week ago.

We did IVF in 2016 and have done 4 transfers, one fresh and 3 FETs.

Unfortunately we still have not had success although I was pregnant after 2 of the FETs but miscarried. 

We are hopeful going into this one. They found that I have graves disease(hyperthyroidism) and they were able to correct that with medication before going into it this time and although there seems to be an issue with DH's morphology we should be able to bypass that issue with ICIS. I did not respond really well to the stimulation meds last time, so we are trying a different antagonist protocol too!

Me: 37 DH: 36

TTC since 2014

IVF #1: November 2016

ER: Retrieved 5 eggs, 5 fertilized, ended up with 4 five day blasts

Fresh ET Nov 2016: BFN

FET w/ ICSI #1         Feb 2017: BFP,  M/C Apr (Lost at 7 weeks, found out at 14, had D&C)

FET  w/ ICSI #2       June 2017: BFP,  M/C Sept (Lost at 9 weeks, found out at almost 13 weeks, had D&C)

FET w/ ICSI #3        April 2018: BFN

IVF # 2: January 2020

ER: Retrieved 15 eggs, 10 fertilized, ended up with 7 five day blasts

Fresh ET Jan 2020: BFN

#3 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:24 AM

I hope everything goes well for you!

#4 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

I guess we're the only ones in this group Nicky123!

How's it going?

I am off the BCP now and I am starting simulation medications tomorrow!

TTC since 2014

FET w/ ICSI #1         Feb 2017: BFP,  M/C Apr (Lost at 7 weeks, found out at 14, had D&C)

FET  w/ ICSI #2       June 2017: BFP,  M/C Sept (Lost at 9 weeks, found out at almost 13 weeks, had D&C)

#5 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:03 PM

Ooh exciting! My period is due to start next week so I’ll be starting 3 weeks of bcp and then on to stims the beginning of feb.

#6 Nicole1985

Nicole1985
  • 49 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Delaware Valley

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:12 PM

Hello,

Guess its that time to join a group now. Ive been in many other groups in this site. We have been ttc for over 4 years. I had 3 IVF cycles and 6 transfers so far with no success. I had 2 miscarriages and an ectopic that almost killed me last June with FETs. I also had my tubes removed. I have literally been through hell on this journey but praying 2020 is our year! Im going to opt to transfer 2 on day three this time. I want my body to have time to recuperate after retrieval but still want to transfer something. Frozen transfers actually have better success rates then fresh. I been on the bcp for a couple weeks now. I go to the doctor tomorrow and I will probably start my Lupron shots and the stims January 24. Sucks because I have to take blood thinner injections everyday because I formed clots in my lungs from internal bleeding from my ectopic. My stomach is already very sore and bruised. Just praying we get a lot to the freezer. The last time I had 5 in the freezer and the 2 times before that I got none!

Good luck to everyone and hopefully this group will have 100% success rate!

#7 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:25 PM

Wow you have been through quite a journey. I’m a bit nervous since I’ve only done iui without any meds so I really don’t know what to expect. It’s hard to explain but I feel a little indignant about the fact that we need to do ivf. When we chose our donor (dh has zero motile sperm) we bought 4 vials and were told that we had access to the rest of the vials and would be contacted if they were getting low on supply. When I contacted them to buy another 2 vials for iui round 2 they informed me he was retired and didn’t have any available vials so we only have the 2 left we had at the clinic. I was so worried that it would take more than 2 rounds of iui so looks like ivf is our only option to give our child a full bio sibling. I’m hoping that since we got pregnant so easily last time that will translate to ivf but I’m so worried. I also feel kind of Selfish since I know so many ladies on this site would give anything for 1 child and I already have a beautiful 1 year old sleeping peacefully in the room next door. Sorry for rambling just needed to write my feelings down, FX we all have success!

#8 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:57 PM

I'm also starting IVF this month for the first time. I had an ectopic pregnancy in July which was an awful experience. I woke up from surgery to find out my tubes were extremely damaged from a pelvic infection I had as a teenager. I have now had both of my tubes removed to better my changes of success with IVF. I started the BCP two days ago and will be starting injections on February 14th. So, if everything goes well, my egg retrieval will be the end of February. I'm 33 and my husband is 40.
-Sarah-

#9 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:35 PM

I’m starting stims feb 13 so we are super close in dates... what protocol are you on?

#10 Sarah_M

Sarah_M
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Tubal

Posted 25 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

I just looked at my flow sheet and it looks like I take Gonal-F and Menopur for 4 days, then add Cetrotide for 2 days, then back to just Gonal-F and Menopur for 1 day for a total of 7 days. Then I go in for bloodwork and an ultrasound. Im not sure what comes after that. This is all very new to me!
-Sarah-

#11 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 05:26 PM

I just finished stims and they retrieved 15 mature eggs!  That's almost triple what they got 4 years ago when I did it before.

Unfortunately we lost some after they did ICSI, only 10 fertilized.

We are waiting to hear back from the lab tomorrow about how many are still growing. Fingers crossed crsd.gif

So far the antagonist short protocol has been working better for us.

I see we have had a couple more people join the group. Good luck everyone!!

TTC since 2014

#12 tsm37

tsm37
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:57 PM

wannabeamama, 15 mature eggs and 10 fertilized in one retrieval is very good! Any thoughts about doing pgd/pgs on the embryos? Just curious about how you ladies think. 

My wife (i'm her husband) did two retrievals with a total of 14 eggs. 11 fertilized and only 5 normal's after testing. 

Wish you the best of luck! 

#13 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:58 AM

Hey tsm37, Thank you! I think 10 fertilized is a good place to start!

We're not sure how many embryos we may end up with at the moment, we're still waiting to hear back about that... I have thought about PGS/PGD testing, but unfortunately we can't afford it. We just have to go with what the embryologist can tell from how they are developing I guess

TTC since 2014

#14 Rabbitblue

Rabbitblue
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Procrea

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:58 AM

Tsm- it depends on whether you have time to spare or not. If you're older I suggest you do it to filter out which embryos to transfer and not waste time. Also, if you have a lot of embryos it'll take time to go through all of them, so doing psg will help you to save time.

#15 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:56 PM

Got my call back!  All 10 are developing and graded 1 or 2, so that is supposed to be good. 

I won't hear from the embryologist again until transfer day but they expect that 50-60% will make it to the blastocyst day 5 stage. 

I am hoping we'll end up with more than 5 in the end but we'll see.

Interestingly when they did ICSI they tested Dh's sperm and found that it has high leukocyctes/white blood cells and he has to take antibiotics! The nurse assured me that this would not cause any problems but it does worry me a bit.

TTC since 2014

#16 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 11:11 AM

Well, I had the embryo transfer on Wednesday. 

Now I am just waiting lol

Hopefully we will receive good news on Feb 12!!

How is everyone else doing?

TTC since 2014

#17 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:16 AM

Congrats on being PUPO! Nothing much to report over here just finishing off the last few bcp and suppression check and stims start next week. 

#18 tabkay

tabkay
  • 58 posts
  • My Clinic:aurora

Posted 04 February 2020 - 10:33 AM

Well, I had the embryo transfer on Wednesday. 
Now I am just waiting lol

Hopefully we will receive good news on Feb 12!!

How is everyone else doing?

I am transferring tomorrow.
I am an FET though.

Good Luck to you

#19 Crying

Crying
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:08 PM

Had my day 5 transfer on saturday 01.02.2020. Today on day 4 i started bleeding... i can see its my period. My clinic says cannot do anything except checking progesterone which am sure is good and wait till blood test as it is just to early. At this stage i dont know. I can feel its failed and i just feel like crying.

#20 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

Hang in there Crying! Sometimes you can have bleeding at the beginning of a pregnancy that seems like your period. 

I do understand that feeling though, I am terrified about seeing blood especially early on.

You'll just have to wait and see.(I know easier said than done!!)

Did you have a fresh or frozen transfer?

TTC since 2014

#21 tabkay

tabkay
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:20 PM

Had my transfer yesterday, now the 2ww.

#22 Nicky123

Nicky123
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:58 AM

Fx everyone. I’m now finishing up bcp tomorrow and heading for a suppression check Tuesday and hopefully starting stims Thursday or Friday 

#23 Nicole1985

Nicole1985
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

Hello everyone,

Wanna- how many did you get to freeze at the end? How many did you transfer and on what day 3 or 5? Wishing you the best of luck!

Crying- trust me I know exactly what you are going through. Just try to hand in there because the bleeding may be from a few different things. I had a hemorrhage the last time I was preggo which caused my to bleed. I know its hard to do but you just have to wait and see and try not to stress.

Tab- how did you results go? What day transfer 3 or 5 and how many? Congrats

Afm- I had 20 eggs collected 16 mature and 10 fertilize with ICSI. On day 3 we had 10/10 still growing well. I transferred 2 on day 3 an 8 cell and a 9 cell. Im afraid to see how many make it to day 5 because I havent had the best luck in the past. I was told I should freeze them on day 3 but chose to have them grow till day 5. Praying I made the right decision.

#24 tabkay

tabkay
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:45 PM

Nicole - I am 4 days past 5 days transfer.
Have no symptoms or anything!
Testes on internet cheapie, bfn.

#25 Nicole1985

Nicole1985
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

Tab- its still early yet. How many did U transfer?