2 replies to this topic

#1 brk

brk
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:aurora/Victoria

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:16 PM

I understand that VFC has changed hands recently and I have heard varying experiences since then. I am wondering who has been there since the change and what their experience was like?

#2 MollyWaiting

MollyWaiting
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 28 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

What have you heard about the change? I've been on the waitlist since September but have not received any updates. I've only noticed that their pricing went up. I am considering going to a clinic in Vancouver just to see someone sooner

#3 IreneT

IreneT
  • 50 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:former: Heartland, current: Victoria

Posted 22 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

I'm going back for a FET next week. My egg retrieval and first FET were in 2017. I'm dealing more with PCRM for some protocol stuff now, and I've started calling there for quicker answers to my questions. Apparently they're a bit short-staffed in Victoria, so answering the phone is not a priority. I'm still talking to mostly the same great nurses though, and I think it will be the same doctor doing my transfer again.

IVF#1 (April 2017): retrieved one egg, fresh 3-day transfer, missed miscarriage around 7 weeks, D&C

IVF#2 (Sept 2017): retrieved 23 eggs, 22 mature, 18 fertilized, 3 frozen on day 5, no transfer

FET#1 (Nov 2017): one grade 3 blast (upgraded to grade 2 at transfer), first β-HCG of 751 at 12dp5dt, delivered my son at 39w6d by unplanned c-section

FET#2 (Feb 2020): one grade 2 early blast, first β-HCG of 480 at 11dp5dt. 7w3d ultrasound showed embryo measuring 7w2d with a heart rate of 153. Heart rate at 12w5d: 148