#26 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

Prarie- glad to hear your transfer went well! Sending you lots of positive vibes and sticky baby dust!!

Bcmom-we test on the same day!! I had my transfer on the 7th and I'm currently in Prague. Catching my bus to the airport in 7 hrs. Fingers crossed we all get positive test results

Hope you have a smooth flight!! Yay!! fingers crossed our little embabies dig in and get real comfy and keep growing into healthy take home babies!! And the wait begins!! :-)

Carter i hope both the weather and your lining cooperate for you!! :-)

Tang71  

#27 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:17 AM

How long is everyone waiting after their transfer to do a hpt?
  • prarie_faerie likes this

#28 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Aurora Fertility

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

KtownGirl: ugh I am undecided! I know the most popular advice it to wait for a definitive answer with blood test and avoid driving yourself crazy and spending $ on expensive pregnancy tests. BUT my blood test isn't scheduled until 12 days after a 5dayblastocyst transfer and from obsessively googling things, many get a positive hpt as soon as 4 or 5 days after transfer. The earliest I will test is 7or8 dpt with a 5dayblast.

What are others plans on testing?

Me: 27  DH: 27   Diagnosis: Unexplained

• Started TTC: Jan. 2017
  • First medicated IUI: July 2019= BFN
  • Second medicated IUI: August 2019 = BFN
  • IVF/ICSI: Dec 2019 = 4 conventional IVF blastocysts + 3 ICSI blastocysts,  frozen at 5 days. No fresh transfer due to OHSS
  • First FET: Jan. 2020 = BFP resulting in a pregnancy loss at 7 weeks

#29 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:00 AM

KtownGirl: ugh I am undecided! I know the most popular advice it to wait for a definitive answer with blood test and avoid driving yourself crazy and spending $ on expensive pregnancy tests. BUT my blood test isn't scheduled until 12 days after a 5dayblastocyst transfer and from obsessively googling things, many get a positive hpt as soon as 4 or 5 days after transfer. The earliest I will test is 7or8 dpt with a 5dayblast.

What are others plans on testing?

I actually bought some strip tests off amazon and it worked out to 15 strips for $1 after the discount code.

In the past I've used the dollar store tests and they've been great! They're actually the same as what my doctor uses at their office.

I actually caved and tested today. I thought I saw a very very faint line but thought I was just making myself see it so I tossed it in the garbage. Dug it back out to take another look and showed it to hubby who said he saw a faint line too. I will retest tomorrow which will be 5/6dpt

#30 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

Hello ladies!

I am just jumping in here, I haven't been on here in awhile as its been a year since our last transfer, we head to Europe on Sunday, Jan 12 for our fourth transfer (#6&7 embryos). we are going to vacation in London for most of the trip and will be in Greece for 3 days for our transfer at our clinic best of luck to you all this month!

Safe travels tomorrow!

#31 blue84

blue84
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:31 PM

Hi everyone, I was active in the August ivf group but I forgot my password and it took me forever to figure out to get back onto this site!

We have 4 frozen blasts. Our November fet attempt was cancelled due to thin lining (5.2 on cd 12, got to 5.4 on cd15 then started regressing and cycle was cancelled). We did a natural cycle this last time and interestingly my cd12 scan showed 5.2 mm - exactly the same as medicated cycle. No transfer. My next attempt will start my next CD1 and we will have no downregulation. Im afraid this isnt going to work because my doctor is super conservative and has already suggested a surrogate (we were previously unexplained, now endometrium factor). I expect our next cycle to start Jan 19th.

#32 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:09 PM

Ktown girl - yay congrats!!! Let us know if you get a strong positive!!
That makes me even more tempted to cave and test early, but I'm apprehensive to do so because I feel like it will be a negative. Going to for sure wait until I have a full day off work tho, which means I will likely test 6 or 7 dpt

Bcmom- thanks for the support girl! How are you doing? And are you the patient type to wait until beta or are you going to test early? Sending lots of love x

Brittsoberg- yes, safe travels friend and best of luck :) welcome to the chat

Blue84- sorry to hear about the cancelled cycle, that would be disappointing for sure. Hopefully this time you have better luck with your lining. Are you changing your medication protocol this go around?

• IVF/ICSI: Dec 2019 = 4 conventional IVF blastocysts + 3 ICSI blastocysts,  frozen at 5 days. No fresh transfer due to OHSS

#33 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:34 PM

Ktowngirl; Woohoo!! Congrats!!

Praerie-faerie: last time i didnt test before beta day because hubby expressed his desire for us to wait and i decided to honor his wish.....but this time i may do it on my own around 8 or 9 days post transfer....Im feeling like i havent felt as much cramping and twinges this time compared to last transfer and hopefully thats not bad news.....do you think that means implantation did not happen? I transferred a grade 1 expanded blastocyst with assisted hatching so i feel there should be a pretty good chance....maybe our bodies get used to the process a bit once we have been through it once snd thats why i am not feeling as much? Or maybe its the difference between prometrium pills and PIO injections....?
Aaaargghhh!! This wait is definitely crazy making....;-)

Sending sticky baby dust to all of you!!

Tang71  

#34 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:34 PM

Ktowngirl; Woohoo!! Congrats!!

Praerie-faerie: last time i didnt test before beta day because hubby expressed his desire for us to wait and i decided to honor his wish.....but this time i may do it on my own around 8 or 9 days post transfer....Im feeling like i havent felt as much cramping and twinges this time compared to last transfer and hopefully thats not bad news.....do you think that means implantation did not happen? I transferred a grade 1 expanded blastocyst with assisted hatching so i feel there should be a pretty good chance....maybe our bodies get used to the process a bit once we have been through it once snd thats why i am not feeling as much? Or maybe its the difference between prometrium pills and PIO injections....?
Aaaargghhh!! This wait is definitely crazy making....;-)

Sending sticky baby dust to all of you!!

Tang71  

#35 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:53 PM

Bcmom: I am right there with you in feeling a bit crazy. I do not have twinges or implantation bleeding either and I am worried that means it hasn't worked. And LOL my husband requested the same thing but I've had enough people up my hoo- ha monitoring and giving instructions- if and when I test is up to me(still love him but he doesnt get a say haha)! On the up side, think about how many women do not notice implantation or even know they are pregnant until a ways in - not experiencing strong symptoms does not necessarily mean it hasn't worked. But i get it as my mind is going there as well. Ugh!

#36 Rabbitblue

Rabbitblue
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Procrea

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

prarie_faerie
Glad your transfer went well! My cycle just started so I'll be going in for monitoring to figure out when my transfer will be (most likely end of the month ). From what I was told I will not be on any meds besides progesterone, but I'll find out more in two days when I go in for US.

I have a question for everyone here. On what day did you do your frozen transfer? If you work, how many days did you take off if any at all? Good luck to everyone here!

#37 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:01 PM

Rabbitblue: based on timetable my clinic provided me on ideal FET, lining check usually occurs on CD 12-14 and then the FET is about a week after this. Some women need more time than others for the lining to be thick enough though. For me, my clinic had restricted hours due to xmas and new years holidays and so my lining check wasnt until CD 21 and then transfer was on cycle day 28. I was worried about this being too late in a cycle, but due to estrogen and progesterone it postpones a period and clinic reassured me everything looked great. I took off work on day of transfer, but I was back to my active fulltime job the next morning

#38 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:05 AM

Hey ladies, so I'm out again due to poor lining. Starting over with appointments with my doctor here and a phone appointment with Ottawa over the next couple of weeks to figure out our next steps. 

BCMom - hope the rest of your wait flies by!!!

Prarie - hope your wait also flies by...I know the struggle of whether to wait or test early!

Ktown - Yay on the line!!!!

Blue84 - I feel your pain on the thin lining issue...my lining was always great during my OE cycles but has been an issue since starting to do DE FETs. So much disappointment with every cancelled cycle.

Rabbitblue - I haven't gotten to a transfer yet but it will depend on my lining each time. I travel out of province for each cycle so I return to two days after transfer. I should mention that I have an office job so it is not at all strenuous. I think that would be different if I was doing something more physically demanding.

Good luck everyone!

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Day 3 transfer of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  and Jan 2020 DE IVF #2 both cancelled due to poor lining

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

Jul 2020   DE IVF #3 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 6 survived the thaw, 4 fertilized, one B4BB blast to freeze.

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#39 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:02 PM

Carter 81, I'm so sorry your cycle has been cancelled again, that is so unfair. Especially because you seem like such a sweet and supportive person for all of us still. I really hope something can be figured out in talk with dr and that it will work for you in the comming the months. Keep your head high - you got this
  • Carter81 likes this

#40 Rabbitblue

Rabbitblue
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Procrea

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

Carter81- so sorry to hear your cycle got canceled. What are your next steps now? Are they changing your protocol?

Faerie- I'm a teacher and I'm anxious about not taking days off because I move around a lot, plus some students are very needy and hard to manage. When are u going for ur beta test?

#41 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:57 AM

Thanks Faerie and Rabbit. We are doing pretty good. I started provera and they will be adjusting our protocol next cycle. We have a phone appointment with Ottawa next week to discuss in detail but the nurse let me know that my doctor plans to keep me on the Estrace and add an injectable estrogen (delestrogen). Hopefully that will do the trick! 

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  and Jan 2020 DE IVF #2 both cancelled due to poor lining

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

Jul 2020   DE IVF #3 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 6 survived the thaw, 4 fertilized, one B4BB blast to freeze.

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#42 stephwilson55

stephwilson55
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Houston Fertility Institute

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:13 PM

Hi, I'm new to this forum (any really) and to IVF transfers.  I just had my first transfer on Jan 6 - a heathly 5 day blastocyst.  I went in for a blood test to test my progesterone and it's at 45 (i'm doing shots to aid in progesterone & also doing estrogen patch / dissolve in mouth).  

I have taken HPT but none are showing pregnant so far.  I go in next Monday for a blood test to check if pregnant.  

Few questions for those who have been through this or may be around same timing as me:

1. Any idea how much 2ml of progesterone oil increases your body progesterone?  I'm hoping not all way to 45 so could take that as my body is preg and producing some on own too? 

2. do HPT really show that soon (week) after transfer??  I'm going on my 10th day so now am a bit stressed. :/ 

3. Anything else I can look at to see if preg to help ease my mind??? 

Appreciate all the help in advance!  Sending great baby juju to you all!! 

#43 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

Carter sorry to hear about having to cancel and try again....thats a bummer ...i hope everything goes perfectly smoothly next time!!

My 2ww is ticking by....such a mind bend....i feel like it feels different this time...less symptoms but i dont even know anymore whether to believe myself as my brain is constantly overthinking lol and you never know if its the meds or something else.....maybe my body is just getting used to the process....anyway trying to hold out till the beta test.....not long till the 21st For no reason i just dont feel very positive abput it.....

hows everybody doing?

Happy thoughts, baby dust and sticky vibes to everyone!!!

Tang71  

#44 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

Carter sorry to hear about having to cancel and try again....thats a bummer ...i hope everything goes perfectly smoothly next time!!

My 2ww is ticking by....such a mind bend....i feel like it feels different this time...less symptoms but i dont even know anymore whether to believe myself as my brain is constantly overthinking lol and you never know if its the meds or something else.....maybe my body is just getting used to the process....anyway trying to hold out till the beta test.....not long till the 21st For no reason i just dont feel very positive abput it.....

hows everybody doing?

Happy thoughts, baby dust and sticky vibes to everyone!!!

Tang71  

#45 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

So I totally cheated the 2ww and took a hpt 5 days after transfer of 5 day blast and got a faint positive. I'm having a hard time believing it after so many years of trying so I've been testing daily since and the positives have continued to get stronger, which is a good sign I hope. I go for my blood test 11 dpt on monday to confirm. So scared I'll do something wrong and lose it.

Rabbitblue: I was nervous about not getting any time off work (already took a week off a a couple months ago after retrieval surgery due to bad OHSS so couldn't get any more time). I manage sports centres and so my job is very active with hauling equipment and running around everywhere. I only took transfer date off and it doesnt appear to have been an issue. My clinic says to only take first day easy then return to regular activity. I've found studies to say that even lying down right after transfer doesn't boost odds. Something to talk to your doctor about tho and see their recommendation! Also this is a really stressful time for all of us and if you need a break or taking more time off will give you more peace of mind then you shouldn't feel bad for taking care of yourself. Sending lots of love your way x

Carter81 - glad to hear you'll be trying new meds. My fingers are crossed for you that next cycle will be your cycle to have everything go perfectly. I'm sorry again, I know this must be a hard time for you. Stay strong and goodluck!

Stephwilson- the 2ww is awful. I tested early at home too. But it could still be positive for you and just not showing up on home tests. Definitely hold out hope until beta. Also, you can check out the thread in these forums for ivf success stories as they list when each got their positive. Hope this helps and wishing you so much luck and hope for a positive result on your beta!!

Bcmom: you are definitely more patient than the average bear lol! Good for you, you are so close to beta - let me know how it goes!!

#46 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:02 AM

Carter81-I'm so sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. I can't say I've been through it, but I can only imagine how disappointing it would be. Fingers crossed the meds will help next round.

Prarie_Faerie-yay! Congrats on the positive tests!!!! My fingers are crossed it sticks for you!

Bcmom-you're so close to testing! Good luck!

I've been doing HPT and after a couple of faint positives I'm not getting anything. I'm starting to wonder if they were just evaporation lines? I did slip on some ice the other day while out on a walk and took a spill. Anyways, I still have twinges in my lower abdomen and have been having some heart palpitations which is strange as I never had palpitations before. Anyone else have them? Not sure if it's due to the meds or not.
I've been telling myself that if this one doesn't work then at least we tried. This was our last freezie and we already won the lottery with our first two, but deep down I think I really did want this 1 to work. Anyways, hoping everyone has a safe and fun weekend!! Its still cold over here but the forecast is calling for some warmer weather finally and no more snow!

#47 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:15 PM

Hi everbody

Hey Rabbitblue, chenny, Britosberg, Stephwilson55, how are things going? Sending you some good positive vibes for a successful transfer!!

Ktown girl: this wait.....aaaahhh....i hope it works out in your favor!! Fingers crossed....

Praerie-faerie: yay!! So happy for you!!
Still testing?

Hi to eoe....sorry if i missed anyone

Afm: i dont know how i am waiting.. .i am afraid of the negative i think and that is making me hold off. ..for now the possibility is still there...
I feel like i should feel more if it worked but i also know that is silly!!
So just a couple more days.....i have ehealth so i can find out online just before my clinic which gives me a bit of time to process the result before they call

Tang71  

#48 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Hoping for some positive test results for everyone and successful transfers.

I'm pretty sure mine didnt stick but will be going for bloodwork tomorrow just in case. I'm slowly accepting the fact that we won't get our boy we had hoped for but still very blessed with our two beautiful girls and I'm so grateful for that. Sending everyone positive vibes

#49 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:14 PM

Hey Ktowngirl
I hope you are pleasantly surprised by your results today....

I am waiting for my own results too today....dont feel positive but for no particukar reason....we shall see

Hows everyone else doing? Praerie_faerie??
Fingers crossed!!!!

Tang71  

#50 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

Well I was right A BFN....

Oh well ...not sure what went wrong....it was a perfect little embryo