• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 05 December 2019 - 02:18 AM

Hi!
I wanted to start the January 2020 FET thread as I wasn't able to find one already posted.

Who else is doing FET in January?

I'll be going to Czech for our last freezie. Anyone else going overseas for their transfer?

#2 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Aurora Fertility

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:29 AM

Hello!

I recently finished my first IVF cycle and due to OHSS i'm not able to do a fresh transfer sadly. It was a freeze all cycle with 7 blastocysts frozen in total after initially collecting 22 mature eggs. The plan is to do a FET cycle with transfer being in early January, but there's a possibility that the clinic will be closed for holidays during important dates where i would need to be in for appointments. So now i'm just waiting on my period to start to get a clear idea of timing and if i can go ahead for January or if i need to do more w a i t i n g dry.png LOL 

Wow, all the way to Czech! I'd love to hear some of your reasons for going abroad vs staying in Canada if you'd care to share. When do you leave? 

• KtownGirl likes this

Me: 27  DH: 27   Diagnosis: Unexplained

• Started TTC: Jan. 2017
  • First medicated IUI: July 2019= BFN
  • Second medicated IUI: August 2019 = BFN
  • IVF/ICSI: Dec 2019 = 4 conventional IVF blastocysts + 3 ICSI blastocysts,  frozen at 5 days. No fresh transfer due to OHSS
  • First FET: Jan. 2020 = BFP resulting in a pregnancy loss at 7 weeks

#3 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

Hi there,

If all goes well i will be doing my second FET since donor's retrieval in august.... I had a missed miscarriage at ten weeks in october.....needless to say I am much more cautious and concerned this time
around.....hoping the odds are more in my favor!!!
Last time I didn't feel like I needed much support, but this time I believe this group may be crucial!! :-)
Wishing you success, positive results and sticky baby dust!!

Tang71  

#4 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

Hello!

We are doing a FET (hopefully) in January with donor eggs. I also have to travel for my transfer so it will depend on when my cycle starts and if we can time it with our clinic here in town as they also shut down for Christmas. 

Wishing all of you ladies a successful cycle!

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Day 3 transfer of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  and Jan 2020 DE IVF #2 both cancelled due to poor lining

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

Jul 2020   DE IVF #3 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 6 survived the thaw, 4 fertilized, one B4BB blast to freeze.

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#5 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:13 PM

Hi BCMom and Carter 81, welcome to the chat! 

BCMom, really sorry to hear about your loss. I've had a miscarriage before too (as so many of us have) and it was not an easy time for me. Here to support you from afar in any way i can! It's a double edged sword though isn't it, needing to remain hopeful, but then also needing to keep it reigned in somewhat to protect yourself. We need the hope, but it can also be the enemy at times. I hope that this time things stick and that things go well for all of us!

Carter81, yea the timing is frustrating, trying to work around the clinics holiday hours. My period began yesterday (over a week early) and so i am beginning the estrogen on day 3 of cycle instead of day 1, to try to manipulate my cycle a tad so that scans and hopefully a transfer can happen when clinic is open. Right now they are saying i will get a scan on Dec.30th and then if all looks well i will start progesterone suppositories ( yuck, i hate these) and then ~hopefully hopefully hopefully~ a frozen transfer for me within the first week of January. 

Feels good to get a schedule for FET and be moving ahead with things again after a pretty rough IVF cycle but is it normal to get a period so early after IVF? Mine wasn't supposed to be due until the 18th and mine started yesterday on the 11th. Usually my cycles are like clockwork.

• IVF/ICSI: Dec 2019 = 4 conventional IVF blastocysts + 3 ICSI blastocysts,  frozen at 5 days. No fresh transfer due to OHSS

#6 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:35 AM

Prarie, my first period after both my IVF cycles were a bit early and I'm like clockwork too!

AFM - period arrived on Friday so started my Estrace yesterday. My lining takes forever to get thickened up so I won't get checked until Jan 8th. If all is well we are booked to travel on the 9th, egg warming and fertilizing on the 10th, and hopefully a transfer on the 15th! Hoping everyone is taking care during the holidays...although I am finding this year a little easier to deal with now that we have a plan in place so soon after. 

TTC since 2012

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#7 Rabbitblue

Rabbitblue
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Procrea

Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

Prarie faerie, I'm in the same boat at you. Couldn't do a fresh transfer BC of high risk of OHSS and ended up with 7 blasts. I'm waiting on my next period to start in January to my from FET. My period also came early as well (one week early). From my calculations, I'll do doing my transfer end of January BC my clinic is closed during the holiday.

#8 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:55 PM

Hi there,

Sorry i cannot contribute to discussion about retrievals and periods after....i have never done that part. It sounds like quite an overwhelming experience!

Hope you guys are doing alright and enjoying the Christmas season.....i find it distracting to be preparing for a FET while also trying to do Christmas....and kinda just wish I could fast forward through it....I know what a grinch!! Lol
I actually love Christmas.....just after the miscarriage i am now more focused on the FET and trying to keep my stress level down and be healthy.....even though i know most of it is out of my control i am really quite scared and lack any confidence this time around...i wish i felt more positive.
They forgot to tell me to take four pills out of the next birth control pack....so when they mailed me the protocol and it said to do that i thought i had wrecked this cycle. I freaked out but it wasnt that bad...they just made my blood and ultrasound earlier.....so now i start estrogen on Christmas day 3 x day then ultrasound on jan 2nd....
Im guessing transfer middle of january
This time i have endometrin suppositories and pio every 3 days...a bit nervous about doing the needle part right
Sorry for rambling but tension is mounting in me as i get closer to the reality of trying to make another baby.
I have to admit to being ratherover confidentlasf time, feeling so sure everything would keep going well until i was body slammed by bad news....
I have to think of some more ways to encourage positive thought processes i think.

:-) Wishing you all sticky vibes and baby dust!

Tang71  

#9 Malathi

Malathi
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:44 PM

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first IVF experience after 3yrs TTC with 6months medication cycle, failed IUI, this month on day3 found only 3 folicals this is devastating,however my doctor wants me to move forward with stimulation medication next month to see how things turn around. Currently on Estrace 4mg/day for next 3weeks.

I hope I get some positive hope and strength here! I am trying to be positive not its not easy !🙁

Wishing all of you ladies a successful cycle!

#10 chenny

chenny
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:32 PM

Hello everyone!

I have just experienced my first failed fresh blastocyst transfer two days ago. I got my AF on the morning of my beta test :(

I have one frozen blastocyst in storage, and scheduled my first FET in January. I am currently on Estrace and will be having my lining check on January 8th. The transfer should happy around 10 days after that if everything is on track. 

I have so much more appreciation for all the ladies that go through this now. Regardless how much I have prepared myself for the worst result by telling myself it is normal to fail, it is still so emotionally devastating. I have no idea how some of the ladies go through this for so many rounds? You are all warriors and your babies will be too!

I have grieved for a couple of days and rested due to cramps. I've recollected myself today by getting back into exercising, eating well, laughing with the family, and working. I plan on doing a lot more routine exercises this time to prepare my body, versus almost none at all the last time. 

I am also curious to know why KtownGirl chooses to travel abroad for ivf? 

BCMom - The needle part feels intimidating at first, but it is in fact, the easiest part of the process imo. Just make sure you get rid of the bubbles, which I have overlooked at times! You'll be well-versed in it by the 2nd or 3rd time already. 

Malathi - I know it is easier said than done, but you need to turn your will to be positive into actions! Eat well, exercise, go into nature, find friends and family, anything to release the good endorphins into your body and keep yourself healthy and occupied! 

I pray for lots of positive vibes in this thread in January, and sending tonnes of baby dust to all of you!

#11 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:17 AM

Hello!

I recently finished my first IVF cycle and due to OHSS i'm not able to do a fresh transfer sadly. It was a freeze all cycle with 7 blastocysts frozen in total after initially collecting 22 mature eggs. The plan is to do a FET cycle with transfer being in early January, but there's a possibility that the clinic will be closed for holidays during important dates where i would need to be in for appointments. So now i'm just waiting on my period to start to get a clear idea of timing and if i can go ahead for January or if i need to do more w a i t i n g dry.png LOL 

Wow, all the way to Czech! I'd love to hear some of your reasons for going abroad vs staying in Canada if you'd care to share. When do you leave? 

Sorry for the late reply. I've been so focused on the holidays and forgot about this thread.
We had to go the donor egg route as I had a low reserve. Our local clinic had quoted us over 30k for 1 round of treatment so I looked at other options. I found out about Reprofit on here and heard about their higher success rates so we thought we would give it a shot and if it didn't work then at least we had a nice vacation out of it. Our first round was under 10k which included airfare, meals and accommodations. Second round was under 2k as we used points to get free flights and it'll be the same this time around.
We've been extremely lucky and both transfers have been successful!

Wishing everyone sticky baby dust!

#12 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:01 PM

Happy New Year everyone!!

Well lets give it another go.....went in today for ultrasound & bloodwork. All good with lining but as we all know its only the beginning......

Transfer on the 9th and i am scared....not of the procedure but the outcome....
And also feeling very nervous about doing the prigesterone in oil needle.....worried i wint insert it properly or do it in the wrong spot....hit a nerve...lol i dont know what i am doing!!
Totally different experience for me than last transfer. ..i was so confident then...now i am trying so hard NOT to feel....but going to do my best to think positive.......

Wishing everyone a succesful and happy new decade.....may your dreams come true!! Sending out good thoughts and sticky baby dust :-)
  • Carter81 likes this

Tang71  

#13 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

Hello everyone! Haven't been on here recently, but hopefully everyone is doing well! I had my scan for lining check jan.2nd and bloodwork to make sure I didnt ovulate on my own (they saw fluid in scan). Looks like I did not and lining looks good so transfer is scheduled for jan.8th.
For anyone who has been through this before: how long after a 5 day blast FET will my clinic do a blood test for pregnancy? How soon after will a home test come back positive?
Very nervous in same way as you BCMom, worried it will not take. Only time will tell!
On a side note : frig - progesterone is the worst! By far handling progesterone the worst compared to all other drugs throughout these past few years of treatment. Ugh headaches, constipation and feeling emotionally unbalanced :( how is everyone else handling progesterone? Personally I had very little side effects on all other injectables during actual IVF process so wasn't expecting to react so poorly to it!
Goodluck everyone, looking forward to hearing your news and updates

#14 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:04 AM

BC mom-sending you lots of good vibes and sticky baby dust for your transfer. I'm going in tomorrow for my FET and I'm nervous of the outcome as well. It's our last freezie.

Prarie_faerie-my last 2 transfers I did home tests after 9 days post transfer and they were faint lines but there for sure. I'm not sure when your clinic will test but they usually say 2 weeks post transfer. Are you doing progesterone via injections? I've only ever used the round pills and insert them vaginally. Its messy (lots of discharge) but I don't notice any side effects. Sending you sticky baby dust!
  • prarie_faerie likes this

#15 BrittOsberg

BrittOsberg
  • 31 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:NewLife Greece

Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:15 PM

Hello ladies!

I am just jumping in here, I haven't been on here in awhile as its been a year since our last transfer, we head to Europe on Sunday, Jan 12 for our fourth transfer (#6&7 embryos). we are going to vacation in London for most of the trip and will be in Greece for 3 days for our transfer at our clinic best of luck to you all this month!

DW: 34

DH: 37

TTC: 2011

Ovarian cyst 2008 (lost right ovary and fallopian tube)

Ectopic pregnancy 2011 (tube ruptured - lost fallopian tube) uterus and left ovary remain OK

No hope for natural conception with no fallopian tubes - looking into IVF options

1st IVF cycle 2012 - 6 embryo's, transferred 1  - no result - froze 2 lost 3

FET cycle 2013 - transferred 2 frozen embryo's - chemical pregnancy

March 2016 - Undecided what our next steps are, at a loss with no funding available

May 2016 - signed up for Effortless IVF and set to start IVF in Oct 2016

Oct 2016 - Had to withdrawal from Effortless IVF due to low AMH levels, recommend egg donor - looking into options

Egg Donor IVF in 2019 in Greece!

Nov 29, 2018 - Egg donor selected

Jan 24, 2019 - u/s to check lining thickness at NewLife - result:11.7 mm

Jan 26, 2019 - Egg Retrieval - 13 eggs retrieved

Jan 31, 2019 - 9 5 day blastocysts, transferring 2 today and freezing 7! Transfer went well, had minor cramping the rest of the day.

Feb 9, 2019 - HPT x2 = BFN followed by period 

Feb 10, 2019 - HPT x2 = BFN, clinic deemed failed transfer

Apr 15, 2019 - Heading back to Greece for FET - cycle was cancelled due to high thyroid numbers

Mar 27, 2019 - started Synthroid for Thyroid. Not clear on a return date yet >> stopped this pill and enjoyed my summer. 

Sep 9, 2019 - Starting blood tests to ensure Thyroid is in normal range for clinic >> Thyroid is great

Nov 24, 2019 - Received all prescriptions and ultrasound instructions

Jan 12, 2020 - Flying to London for a break before transfer

FET scheduled in Greece for Jan 20, 2020

#16 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:54 PM

Carter81- thanks for the feedback on getting period early after IVf. Seems like it's fairly common after all. In any case it's all working out as I'm scheduled for my transfer in 2 days! How was your lining check?

Rabbit blue- our situations sound so similar for sure! I was disapointed at not getting fresh transfer, but 7 blasts is a great number and gives us both lots of chances ♡ Do you have a solid trasnfer date yet? Are you on any meds for your FET and if so how are you handling them post ivf?

Cheney- if I hadn't mentioned already I'm so sorry to hear about your failed fresh transfer. Hope can be such a dangerous thing - even when I've tried to keep my expectations in check, each month with no pregnancy is devastating. But still a shot at a FET working so we have to try our best to stay positive! Let me know how your lining check goes!

Ktowngirl- congragulations on your successful transfer girl!!! And wow those prices are not bad at all. I pay more to stay here and get treatment in Saskatchewan! Hope you had a wonderful holiday

BCmom- how did the holidays go for you? I usually love christmas as well but this was a very tough year for me. My irresponsible partying musician brother came home with news that he had gotten a summer fling (cheated on long term gf) pregnant and they are expecting a baby boy in march :o
So needless to say, the holidays blew a fat one for me. Glad to be moving on to a new year without all my crazy family staying in my house lol! Do you have a solid date in Jan yet for your transfer?

#17 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:23 AM

Prarie - Lining check is tmw and if all goes well we are scheduled to fly Thursday morning. Of course we are expecting bad weather so with my luck our flight will get cancelled...crsd.gif  all goes well! Hope your progesterone side effects don't last too long...I was the same but found they subsided a bit the longer I was on it. My clinic usually has be test two weeks after transfer. 

Britt - Enjoy your vacation before your transfer...sounds amazing!

Chenny - sorry to hear about your failed fresh transfer. Good luck with your lining check tmw and the rest of your cycle!

BCMOM - Good luck on the 9th...thinking of you and hoping this is your time!! Keep us updated!

Sending positive vibes to EOE too!

TTC since 2012

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#18 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:14 PM

Hey everybody hope all is going well for you
Carter how did your lining check go? Fingers crossed it went well!!

Afm i am weirded out by how calm i feel about my transfer this time.....maybe thats good haha!! Its just that last time i believed so wholeheartedly that it would be successful and now i feel the opposite....
But really trying to get positive because even though most of this is science, i do believe in mind over matter too!! A little of both may do the job--good luck in the science part and good influence from my mindset lol

So now to visualize a little embryo sticking and growing......🙂
  • Carter81 likes this

Tang71  

#19 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:16 PM

Hey ktowngirl thanks for the good wishes!! How did your transfer go?
Sending you lots of sticky v8bes and positives thoughts sprinkled with baby dust!! ;-)

Tang71  

#20 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

Hey prarie-faerie
Sorry to hear about the family stuff and stress over Christmas....hope you are ok :-)

For me i felt like i was playing a part over the holidays of having fun and celebrating but inside i was just counting days down to this transfer ...sad but true...weird how this ivf business takes over and becomes everything....is it just me? I feel all consumed by it even though i do have other things in my life....

Tang71  

#21 prarie_faerie

prarie_faerie
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:09 PM

Hey prarie-faerie
Sorry to hear about the family stuff and stress over Christmas....hope you are ok :-)

For me i felt like i was playing a part over the holidays of having fun and celebrating but inside i was just counting days down to this transfer ...sad but true...weird how this ivf business takes over and becomes everything....is it just me? I feel all consumed by it even though i do have other things in my life....

Thanks, I'm doing all good though just glad to have some space back now that relatives have gone. And yes I totally agree , everything I read before ivf had me convinced it would be this horrible thing in life and built up how awful it is, but really the injections and checkups, etc aren't all that bad - but it is all consuming. My days revolve around it and it completely fills my thoughts.

Anyway, transfer was today. I was nervous after the egg retrieval (I didnt have enough drugs I think so I felt everything, very painful). But the trasnfer did not hurt at all! Spent a calm day at home and now begins the 12 day wait until bloodwork. I will likely test at home before then though in all honesty

Goodluck to everyone else on your transfers!! How do you all pass the dreaded 2ww?

#22 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:45 AM

Prarie - happy to hear the transfer went smoothly and you have your space to relax now. I found keeping my hands busy helped...I picked up a paint by numbers and a few puzzles. We also watched a ton of movies and shows we saved up!

BCMom - good luck with the transfer! Sending sticky vibes your way!!!! I think some of us end up becoming a little numb to the process...maybe a bit of a defense mechanism? I know I have become that way at certain times during our journey. 

AFM - the weather was an issue for us (no surprise trying to travel from Newfoundland during this time of year) so our clinic moved my lining check to Monday and if it goes well we will fly out on Tuesday instead. Hopefully my body uses the extra few days to get my lining nice and thick!! Hope EOE is doing well!

TTC since 2012

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#23 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

Prarie-faerie; glad your transfer went well!! Hope the days go by quickly and you get good news!!

Carter; thank you! Transfer all done and it went well..... This embryo was an expanded blastocyst whereas last time i transferred a hatching blastocyst....so of course i started wondering if this makes much difference to outcome? But so far so good....pregnancy test on jan 21st! :-)
  • KtownGirl and Carter81 like this

Tang71  

#24 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:06 PM

Prarie- glad to hear your transfer went well! Sending you lots of positive vibes and sticky baby dust!!

Bcmom-we test on the same day!! I had my transfer on the 7th and I'm currently in Prague. Catching my bus to the airport in 7 hrs. Fingers crossed we all get positive test results

#25 KtownGirl

KtownGirl
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

Carter81-praying for good weather and thick lining for you!