1 reply to this topic

#1 Elle2125

Elle2125
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

1.5 years ago at 32, my amh level was high at 34.5 pmol/l. 1.5 years later, at 34 years old, my amh is now 14.9 pmol/l. I’m devastated as I don’t know what this means. Is this a drastic jump? Am I going to have early menopause? I originally had my levels tested at 32 because I was interested in egg freezing. The doctor felt that I should wait as my amh was very high at that time. I am so depressed with these results and also scared because I am not ready to have a child. 

#2 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 30 November 2019 - 07:33 PM

What is your AFC?

I have low AMH for my age at 7 (age 36). I was given the wonderful diagnosis of low ovarian reserve. But my AFH measures from 15-20. (If you are aware of the ranges, you will see the AFC is higher than would be predicted by the AMH). When we did our cycle they put me on higher doses of meds (read: $$$), I had 13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 10 fertilize, 8 blasts (4 highest quality, 4 2nd highest quality score). Transferred one, BFP. 7 in freezer. So you're not totally screwed.

I would get a third AMH because the it's hard to say if the 2nd one was a fluke or what. It dropped more than it should have in 2 years

It's probably time to think about harvesting eggs because they are only going to go down in quality once you pass your mid 30s

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Amh, egg freezing, ivf, sad