Please advise - late in taking dexamethesone,estrace and baby aspirin - Ask the RE - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please advise - late in taking dexamethesone,estrace and baby aspirin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 57 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:21 AM

Ok - so I had a death in the family and I completely forgot to start my dexamethesone, estrace and baby aspirin in advance of my dec 16 fet. What happens now? Do they adjust my dose? Does the transfer date change? Does it get cancelled? I feel like such an idiot starting it late and possibly jeopardizing this fet... will it affect the success rate of this fet?! I did end up starting the meds last night (Thursday November 28 instead of the 25th)

Please advise

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#2 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 348 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:55 AM

I had written a comment saying I'm not a doctor and recommending you contact your clinic. But I saw in a different thread you have contacted your clinic already, so editing my comment. I can understand the stress! I hope you hear back soon.

I'm sorry about the death in your family.

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

More about my journey in my profile