Has anyone had success with first IVF cycle? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Has anyone had success with first IVF cycle?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Vivvvi

Vivvvi
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:29 PM

Hi! I'm interested to know if anyone (age 40-41) has had success (live birth) after only 1 IVF cycle? If so, please share you story for encouragement.

#2 Ellehat

Ellehat
  • 29 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:30 PM

I dont have a good ending to report back (yet). Im in the middle of my first cycle now and Im 40. I have five good follicles to retrieve from which will happen Thursday. Whats your situation?

#3 Vivvvi

Vivvvi
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:20 PM

I will start my first cycle in a couple of weeks. My baseline results were good and apparently I have a good ovarian reserve, but the age (egg quality) is a huge discouraging factor. I'm just interested to know if there have been successes at the first try. 

#4 Over40

Over40
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:26 PM

Hi, I am new here, 42 years old and wondering the same thing.

#5 dangey

dangey
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:58 PM

I have! Had a retrieval at 42 (almost 43) and had my baby in September at 44. Perfect little boy!
  • DorothyandToto likes this

#6 aby

aby
  • 7 posts
  • My Clinic:MUHC

Posted 20 January 2020 - 08:33 PM

congrats @dangey

#7 dangey

dangey
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 22 January 2020 - 10:26 AM

congrats @dangey

Thank you!

#8 lauris22

lauris22
  • 5 posts
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:51 PM

@dangley - congrats! Am new to this forum. Am 40 almost 41 and just decided with my partner to go under IVF. Am from Ontario and just learnt about the funding program we have for one lifetime cycle.Does anyone had experience getting thru Markham Fertility Centre? Does anyone know if they are part of the funding program and how the waiting list goes for? All the responses are very appreciated. Blessings to everyone in this forum and all the best vibes for each one of you including me in three beautiful journey of motherhood!

#9 vmt04

vmt04
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:45 PM

Lauries22 - yes they are part of the funded cycle. I just did mine with Markham Fertility

#10 lauris22

lauris22
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

Hi! Thanks vmt how was your experience at MFC? Which dr did you with? Did you have to wait long for the funded IVF?

#11 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

A few friends of mine via IVF PGS NGS and combined with mesotherapy treatment to ovaries x

#12 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 03 March 2020 - 04:10 AM

One of my good friends did last year! Shes one of those crazy stories you hear about. She only had two follicles and her clinic wanted to cancel and convert to IUI with donor sperm (husband had vasc) but she said no and proceeded. They got one embryo and transferred on day three and she now has an adorable baby girl! I also had success on my first round but I was 32 at the time, although mild DOR.

#13 LLLMD

LLLMD
  • 25 posts
  • My Clinic:RFP

Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

Also wondering about this, and the more i think about OHSS and risks from egg retrieval, the worse I feel about doing this whole thing more than once.

I am a high risk (bmi of 40, age 40) for ohss and complications from retrieval...crossed fingers that I will still be able to do vaginal and not trans-abdominal retrieval (everybody who's done the u/s says they're accessible but they have to "look" lol)

I just hope we succeed from one round. Crossing fingers for all the others in the same situation--we are all so unique, so it is impossible to say until we go through with it.

best,

LLLMD

#14 Precious_Baby

Precious_Baby
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:27 PM

I was 37 when I went through IVF. I did two IUI but both were not successful. I had 5 follicles and 4 were matured enough to go through with the rest of the process. It was nerve wracking with a low count of mature eggs since many cases I read online had at least 10+ available. My doctor emphasized it was not the quantity but the quality of eggs that matters. He was right! All 4 eggs fertilized. I had a successful pregnancy and now a mom of a previous baby. 

Don't lose hope! Stay positive and take it one step at a time.

• LLLMD likes this

#15 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 24 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:50 PM

I was 37 when I went through IVF. I did two IUI but both were not successful. I had 5 follicles and 4 were matured enough to go through with the rest of the process. It was nerve wracking with a low count of mature eggs since many cases I read online had at least 10+ available. My doctor emphasized it was not the quantity but the quality of eggs that matters. He was right! All 4 eggs fertilized. I had a successful pregnancy and now a mom of a previous baby. 

Don't lose hope! Stay positive and take it one step at a time.

agreed, but nowadays the quality of eggs might be improved by mesotherapy to ovaries