5 replies to this topic

#1 BodhiBabe1980

BodhiBabe1980
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:AART/SGF

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

Hi there, I am not new to IVF, but new to this forum.

My first attempt at IVF failed (this past May). I had 4 eggs retrieved and only two made it to day 5. They were both transferred and sadly didnt implant. Im 39 years and I was told that my body/ovaries was behaving like I am 42. I was on the highest dose allowed for stim and I responded poorly.

I was told that I would have less than 10% of conceiving using my own eggs. I am a SMBC (single mom by choice) so I was told to give embryo adoption a try.

I am now preparing my lining for a FET through embryo donation November 11. I am on 2mg estradiol three times a day. Other than the horrible side effects, things were fine until I started spotting/ bleeding three days ago. Not enough to soak a pad, but enough to be scary. One of my nurses said this was concerning. Another one is telling me its normal.

This roller coaster is killing me. I am due for a lining check on Tuesday November 5. Has anyone else experienced spotting or bleeding while taking estradiol and still had a good lining? So much money and emotions wrapped up in one little snowflake ❄ I am terrified I am not responding again. In need of love and advice

#2 bobs77

bobs77
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:44 PM

Hi Bodhibabe
I had similar experienced...I was having
estrace orally for fet.my linning was 4
6 and re told me to have 2 more estrace vaginally and I started bleeding heavily and my linning reduced to 4.i had to cancel my transfer.i transferred after few months and now am 29 weeks pregnant

But each case is different...if u r spotting that's fine I was bleeding heavily.

Good luck for ur fet

#3 BodhiBabe1980

BodhiBabe1980
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:01 PM

Thank you for sharing your story with me. Congratulations on your little one on the way!

So far its not heavy and hopefully it wont be. My lining was 5mm at my baseline check. Which they said was thin.

Did they give you an explanation as to why you bled so heavily, if you dont mind me asking?

#4 bobs77

bobs77
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

I asked my RE but he said he is not sure.... He just said sometime women's body react and there is no explanation
But urs is just spotting so it shud be ok

#5 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:45 PM

Hi, sorry you are experiencing these things.  Just here to offer support.  I didn't have bleeding at your stage now but I am having bleeding now that I am 21 weeks pregnant.  They say its nothing to fret about since it is only light.  But you know, it is always scary to see blood.  I had one ivf failure before this one so we're just praying real hard this goes all the way through.  So hang on there. Sending positive vibes to you!ajigl.gif

#6 BodhiBabe1980

BodhiBabe1980
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:02 AM

Im sorry to hear you are experiencing this as well. It must be very scary. I hope everything works out for you. IVF truly is very stressful!

Thankfully my lining had enough to it and Im currently in my 2ww. Had lots of cramping and pinching day 2-4 after the FET so Im really hoping the embryo snuggled in. Wont know for sure until the 27th 🤞

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Embryo adoption, estradiol