168 replies to this topic

#51 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:24 PM

Transfer complete :) it went perfectly. Dr V made me feel very positive which is the best I could hope for. Beta will be Dec 20.

Ill be doing PIO shots every day, they said that as of 2 weeks ago they recommend it this way versus the combo.

Emmettsmom - I hope the spotting has stopped. How are you feeling?

Update:

Carter81 - cycle cancelled :(
Singlemamatobe - transfer -Dec 4 ✔- PUPO!
Emmettsmom - transfer -Dec 6 ✔- PUPO!
Daisy.Eriksen - transfer -Dec 6 ✔- PUPO!
Teanerbop - transfer -Dec 8 ✔- PUPO!
Synchrogirl - transfer -Dec 9 ✔- PUPO!
Mamasita204 - transfer -Dec 10
Wishingandhoping8888 - cycle cancelled :(
Adrian555 - transfer -Dec 18
  • elephantshoes and Daisy.Eriksen like this

Me: 40 DH: 52

Dx: Mild Endo, Immune Related Issues, Unexplained

TTC #1 since 2003... 3 years ending in heartbreaking divorce...

Lap #1 in 2005 (mild endo), Lap #2 in 2013 (confirmed no regrowth)

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Immune testing revealed low leukocyte antibodies (1%)

May-June 2019: LIT #1 (x2 treatments) with DH - minor improvement

July-Sept 2019: LIT #2 with donor (x3 treatments) - again minor improvement

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

Dec 20, 2019 - first ever BFP!

#52 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RMIA

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:48 PM

SynchroGirl - I'm glad your transfer went well!

The spotting has stopped, some brown discharge this morning. For now I will take it as a good sign. I feel pretty good. Some twitches and cramps but nothing major. I am going to hold out as long as possible to do an HPT if at all.

#53 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:48 PM

Good luck today Mamasita!!

How is everyone feeling so far? and does anyone plan to take HPT?

#54 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:16 PM

Mamasita - Good luck with today's transfer! 

I really struggle with HPT. I took one with my first FET and it was negative but I still had to do the blood beta so the whole rest of my 2WW was so awful and dark. I really prefer to feel as positive as I can, then if it's negative have a few tough days, then move on. This time, though, I'm considering doing a HPT or blood test early. I can have one of the midwives I work with order a beta 9dp5dt so I might do that. I'm currently only 6dpt so I will definitely wait at least until Friday.

Fertility Issue - Singleness, Age (42 years old) 

TTC Since - 2016

IUI x 8 with donor sperm - BFN

IVF #1 November 2017 - 7 Day 6 blasts frozen, fresh transfer cancelled d/t OHSS

FET #1 March 2018 - two embies transferred, BFN

FET #2 May 2018 - BFP!!! EDD Feb 12/19...SAB at 9 wks icon_cry.gif

FET #3 October 2018 - BFN 

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 22nd - U/S for bleeding confirmed twin pregnancy, still viable

February 25th - heavy bleeding :-( 

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

FET #4 July 16, 2019 - transferred two beautiful blasts, BFN

FET #5 Oct 7, 2019 - transferred my last two blasts, BFN. 

Donor Eggs....

FET with DE/DS tentatively scheduled for December 4, 2019 in Greece

#55 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

I struggle with the same issue with HPT. With my first pregnancy I test 4dpt and got a positive so that makes me want to take one but this time I only have to wait until 10dpt to have my blood test and I am 4dpt right now so I might just wait it out. Are you having any symptoms?

#56 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 01:40 PM

Oh yes, the symptom spotting has begun in earnest. So far just nausea and coffee aversion (it doesn't stop me from drinking it, it just makes me feel sick). Also the usual progesterone symptoms (sore breasts, lightheadedness etc which also could be jet lag...I was up at 3:30 yesterday morning and 6 today). Lots of things to distract me this week, both good and bad, so 9 days post will come quickly! 

TTC Since - 2016

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#57 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:09 PM

Hey everyone! Just popping in from the dec ivf thread. I had my transfer this morning and thought Id join in the anxiety ridden 2ww with all of you. I had Dr Greenblatt at Mt Sinai do my transfer and it was super smooth. She said shes done about half a million transfers now 🙊

Good luck to us all and so sorry to hear about some of the cancelled transfers :( I can only imagine the disappointment.

Me: 32; DH: 41  |  TTC: 2017  |  Mt Sinai Fertility

Dx: Single partial ovary, dermoid cyst and x-large fibroids

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2017 July - Switch to Mt Sinai from RCC

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2018 Oct - Medicated Cycle BFN

2018 Nov - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 June - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

#58 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:17 PM

Welcome to the group elation!

#59 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic/VFC

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

Teanerbop & Synchrogirl- congrats on being PUPO!
Welcome elation!

EmmettsMom- glad spotting stopped.I had spotting with my last pregnancy.

AFM- transfer went smoothly with a beautiful looking embie on board! So I'm able to get a beta test December 20th, but I'll be in the United States for 2 weeks, so I have to either pay a lot of money for a blood test there or take HPT and wait for a beta test when I get back on the 30th....

#60 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:03 PM

Congrats Mamasita! We could be beta buddies if you end up doing it in the US.. :)

Welcome Elation! Glad youre joining us, the more the merrier. I have to say I love signing in and seeing new messages in our group!

Emmettsmom, glad to hear the spotting has stopped. I think Im going to HPT before my beta this time. Last time I held out till the bitter end and the nurse that called with my BFN was not very sympathetic.. I think I ended up feeling worse. I had no idea you could get a positive so early! 4dpt? Wow. I have no symptoms yet, just a little cramping here and there but Im only 1dpt. Did my post transfer acupuncture today and felt pretty good.

Whats everyone else doing to keep occupied?

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

#61 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

SynchroGirl - 4dt is early, I had read about someone else getting a positive 4dpt and I had a left over hpt from my previous cycle so I decided what the heck and I took it. I was shocked to see a line and I went straight to the store to get a test with words and sure enough it said pregnant! My son is now 19 months. I think Im going to wait this time though. Im too nervous.

#62 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

I felt the same way before, I was so nervous to get a negative and just wanted to live in the blissful state of PUPO as long as possible. I think I will HPT the morning of beta.

So night 2 of the PIO was a difficult - it was so hard to pierce the skin. We had to try about 4 different spots. Any tips of making this easier? Is anyone applying heat after the injection? I feel like a lot of oil came back out too.

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#63 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 413 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:24 PM

Congrats on the transfers Teanerbop, Synchrogirl, Mamasita and Elation!

Synchrogirl, when I did PIO shots, I used a bigger needle (maybe 18 gauge?) to draw up the oil, then switched to a new tinier needle (maybe 25 gauge) then warmed up the syringe and my bum with a heating pad for a few minutes. I spread the skin tight and then would count to three before sticking it in. It always scared me but I found it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. And my husband kind of loved stabbing me! ;) I rubbed the spot for a few minutes and put the heating pad back on it for a bit. Hopefully some of that is helpful! PIO shots are tough, I'm sorry you had a hard time with it. 

As for testing before beta, I am in the camp of wanting to know before the phone call. I usually test around 7dpt and 9dpt. True, I do feel a bit sadder when it's negative and I'll tell myself it could be too early, but I like managing my expectations. This time I'm on hcg support, so I won't know for sure until beta 10dpt, or perhaps even the second beta. I had my last hcg booster shot tonight. My plan is to start testing tomorrow and test every day after that with cheapies to watch the progression of the lines. It might make me crazy but I think it'll be an interesting experiment if nothing else! 

Hope you're all doing well! 

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#64 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:10 PM

Synchrogirl - I'm just finishing up 12 weeks of PIO. Pick a spot that isn't angry and commit to it. Stabbing yourself multiple times only dulls the needle. I did light and steady pressure until I got through the skin, which I knew because the resistance lessened, then after that it slides in without much pain at all. Sometimes it will hurt more than others, you happened to hit a microscopic skin neuron. Nothing you can do about it. I warmed the syringe in the crook of my elbow, I found it made the plunger have less resistance and that oil is kind of thick. I do leak a little just about every time, just pop a finger or a gauze on it for a few seconds. I think they give generous doses so leaking a bit won't hurt anything. The first few weeks I have huge angry itchy charlie horses everywhere and I thought I would have to switch to vaginal progesterone but my body seems to tolerate it now. The shots suck but I am 100% confident I have not forgotten a single one, I can't say that for the 3x a day estrace pills. I did all of the shots myself in the mirror after my husband got fired because he stabbed me like he was killing a vampire (ok that is an exaggeration). Sometimes when I was looking for a good spot I would clench my cheek to make sure I was till getting a generous chunk of muscle. The whole upper outer quadrant is safe so you can move around as long as you're not going to high and hitting the hip bone. You can do the same cheek twice in 2 days if the other is especially angry.

C4-FF1-2.gif

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#65 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:15 AM

Thank you so much Daisy and Cotton! This is so helpful I will definitely be trying tips these tonight. We were pinching the skin instead of spreading it and had not tried using heat yet. Not looking forward to the angriness but I feel more prepared now. Thanks again!

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#66 Teanerbop

Teanerbop
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:reproductive science center

Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:59 AM

Mamasita and Elation: Im glad that your transfers went smoothly! Welcome to the PUPO club.

Emmettsmom - Im glad that the bleeding has stooped.

With HPT, I started taking them the day after transfer. Today makes 3dpt for me. The only reason that I start testing the day after transfer is because Im nosey and want to know whats going on. I will test up until beta day, December 17th. It may seem somewhat torturous, but its my comfort.

#67 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:03 AM

Teanerbop - I get it, everyone is different. Let us know how the daily testing goes though. I want to hold off but I feel like I might cave so maybe after 7dpt. Today I am 5dpt. 

#68 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:06 AM

Teanerbop - It definitely seems like an individual choice. I say do whatever works for you! No right or wrong here, right? Hope you get your positive in the next few days :-) 

I think I will do the early beta (9dpt) on Friday but i go back and forth! Maybe I'll do a HPT first? I'm really anxious about having either the nurse at the clinic doing my satellite monitoring (I'm sure they hate it too) or a midwife I work with have to give me more bad news. Ugh. I wish I could just test and look up my own results like some people are able to do. I think we're headed that way in Alberta but we're not there yet. 

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#69 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  Just curious, did anyone eat a pineapple on transfer day?  

I'm also going to try holding off for as long as possible.. although I feel like it puts so much pressure on beta day.  But then again, I feel no matter when I test, there's always going to be that fear of a negative :(

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

#70 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 869 posts
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:01 PM

Thank you so much Daisy and Cotton! This is so helpful I will definitely be trying tips these tonight. We were pinching the skin instead of spreading it and had not tried using heat yet. Not looking forward to the angriness but I feel more prepared now. Thanks again!

Hey Synchro - sorry for the threadjumping! Congrats on being PUPO!  Just thought I would jump in on the PIO advice as I'm now about 4 weeks into it...MFC suggested to google it on Youtube (which I did) and I ended up watching a video from the Sher Institute in Vegas.  Their nurse suggested lying down when doing the shot (if you have someone to do it for you) and it's made a world of difference!!!  Because your muscle isn't tight it slides in easier and I've found doesn't hurt as much on going. I also run my loaded syringe under hot water for a minute to heat up the oil and sometimes I can't even feel the injection!  I had to self-inject last week as I was away on business and chickened out when it came to stabbing myself.  As I had the tip of the needle resting against me, thinking about how I was going to build up the courage, low and behold, it slipped in all by itself with almost no pressure - damn DH has been torturing me with his stabbing!

Anyway, good luck!  Just one of the necessary evils :)  I also chose to do the daily PIO injections vs suppositories.

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

Welcomed our 3rd beautiful baby girl

Our journey is complete.  What a wild ride.

#71 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the thread jump elephantshoes! 😊 I will try heating up the oil tonight. I have been lying down but it was still tough, I know my DH is scared to hurt me so he might not be putting enough pressure. Nice that it just slipped in for you! I will have to self inject this weekend so preparing myself... Btw - MFC told me as of 2 weeks ago they do PIO daily for everyone as they were getting better results.

Elation - I did eat pineapple core the few days before transfer.. I am not sure if its a thing anymore but I recall reading about it a long time ago. Did you have some?
  • elephantshoes likes this

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#72 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:49 PM

Hey SynchroGirl, I did!  I ate the pineapple on transfer day cuz.. why not? Haha I am still feeling bloated and have turned to the Weightless tea to help.  Wishing you the best with the PIO shots!

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

#73 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

Hope everyone is doing well! Here is an update from what I can see so far. Let me know if I missed anything.

Singlemamatobe - transfer -Dec 4 - PUPO! – Beta Dec 13th
Emmettsmom - transfer -Dec 6 - PUPO! - Beta Dec 16th
Daisy.Eriksen - transfer -Dec 6 - PUPO! -  Beta Dec 16th
Teanerbop - transfer -Dec 8 - PUPO! -  Beta Dec 17th
Synchrogirl - transfer -Dec 9 - PUPO! – Beta Dec 20th
Mamasita204 - transfer -Dec 10- PUPO! – Beta Dec 20th

Elation – Transfer -Dec 10- PUPO!

Adrian555 - transfer -Dec 18

Carter81 - cycle cancelled sad.png
Wishingandhoping8888 - cycle cancelled sad.png

#74 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

Elation - totally, why not!

Any HPTs happening? Singlemama or Emmettsmom? :) Teanerbop, any change on your daily tests?

Im only 3dpt today. Time is going by slowly! I also feel pretty normal, almost like nothing happened. The odd cramp here and there but I might be imagining it. The 20th feels very far away today lol.

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#75 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:52 PM

I have eaten a pineapple with the core every other time (I love pineapple so it's a good excuse to get one and enjoy it!) but this time I was in a hotel in Greece so nope! 

SynchroGirl - Haha, I'm definitely in the "tortured" part of the 2ww. I have not taken a HPT yet (but I bought some today) and I have a req from a coworker for a serum beta for tomorrow but I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I'm so nervous and I don't know if it will be worse to see a negative myself or hear it from someone else. I spent some time today planning my next trip to Greece for my other two blasts so hopefully it will soften the blow and be something to look forward to. I don't know. I hate this part. icon_question.gif

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....