168 replies to this topic

#26 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:08 PM

Wishing - I'm with the other gals. As long as you are able to get your lining where it needs to be you should be good (and there should be time to do that before the 20th). Sorry you had a death in your family :-( The last thing we need on this journey is extra stress but the world really does go on turning around us. 

Fertility Issue - Singleness, Age (42 years old) 

TTC Since - 2016

IUI x 8 with donor sperm - BFN

IVF #1 November 2017 - 7 Day 6 blasts frozen, fresh transfer cancelled d/t OHSS

FET #1 March 2018 - two embies transferred, BFN

FET #2 May 2018 - BFP!!! EDD Feb 12/19...SAB at 9 wks icon_cry.gif

FET #3 October 2018 - BFN 

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 22nd - U/S for bleeding confirmed twin pregnancy, still viable

February 25th - heavy bleeding :-( 

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

FET #4 July 16, 2019 - transferred two beautiful blasts, BFN

FET #5 Oct 7, 2019 - transferred my last two blasts, BFN. 

Donor Eggs....

FET with DE/DS tentatively scheduled for December 4, 2019 in Greece

#27 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

Singlemamatobe - 4 embies is great!! Safe travels to Europe today.

Wishingandhoping - so sorry to hear about the death in your family. I am not doing a medicated cycle so havent been taking anything. They told me on day 6 that I should take baby aspirin starting on my day 1...ummm... so I started that late and trying not to worry about it. Let us know what they say!

Me: 40 DH: 52

Dx: Mild Endo, Immune Related Issues, Unexplained

TTC #1 since 2003... 3 years ending in heartbreaking divorce...

Lap #1 in 2005 (mild endo), Lap #2 in 2013 (confirmed no regrowth)

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Immune testing revealed low leukocyte antibodies (1%)

May-June 2019: LIT #1 (x2 treatments) with DH - minor improvement

July-Sept 2019: LIT #2 with donor (x3 treatments) - again minor improvement

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

Dec 20, 2019 - first ever BFP!

#28 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic/VFC

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:41 PM

Synchrogirl- I'm planning acupuncture befire and after FET on same day of transfer. That's what I did last time, so I'll do the same.

Singlemama- happy to hear your lining is juicy. I forgot what a good lining measurement is. What does your clinic look for?

Carter- sorry to hear about the cancelled transfer.

Wishingandhoping8888- A death in the family sure makes our minds foggy. I feel the same way. I have a hard time concentrating sometimes. Let us know what VFC says about your transfer. I'm sure that you can still do it.

AFM- my lining check is on Tuesday- but it's at a hospital since my clinic is in a different province. Therefore, they do a super thorough pelvic exam!

#29 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RMIA

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:53 PM

Hello everyone, just wanted to check in to see how everyone is feeling? We are close to a lot of transfer dates coming up!!

Wishing- did you hear anything from your clinic?

AFM- I started my progesterone injections along with antibiotics tonight. I lower my estrace to twice a day tomorrow and my blood work all came back good. Im getting excited for Friday!

Hope everyone is doing well!

#30 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:24 AM

Hi - everything would e been okay with taking estrace late. Unfortunately we got more bad news yesterday that the results from my endo biopsy came back and it tested positive for placenta cells. So dr Graham at Vfc canceled the transfer and said we need to get a d&c done to ensure there are no left over placenta bits. I am so frustrated that this happened. I had my DD almost two years ago with absolutely no symptoms of retained placenta (no fever, no infection and etc)

Has this ever happened to anyone here?

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#31 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:13 PM

Carter and Wishing - Im so sorry to hear about your cancellations :( I hope you are able to get things moving early in the new year.

Emmettsmom - very exciting!

Singlemamatobe - how are things going for you? Im also interested in Mamasitas question about ideal lining measurement.

AFM - still going in for daily blood and waiting for that LH surge. Im already 2 days behind my ERA/mock cycle. The natural cycle thing is strange - I feel like I should be doing something! Just taking my vitamins. :)

Hi to EOE! Btw - Im listening to the prep series on Mindful IVF and loving it.

Carter81 - cycle cancelled :(
Singlemamatobe - transfer Dec 4
Emmettsmom - transfer Dec 6
Synchrogirl - transfer ~Dec 9
Teanerbop - transfer ~week of Dec 9
Mamasita204 - transfer Dec 10
Wishingandhoping8888 - cycle cancelled :(
Adrian555 - transfer Dec 18

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

#32 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:57 AM

Wishing - Ugh, im so sorry. I have never heard of that but I imagine having a uterine biopsy after having a baby is pretty uncommon so maybe it doesnt happen that often. Interesting, though. It seems like it should just be a variation of normal.

Ack! I have been too busy eating and drinking my way through London (plus ongoing work stress; why do people have to antagonize you hours before they know you are going on an important trip?) to do my Mindful IVF prep! I will start today on the plane.

I am headed to Greece today and my transfer is tomorrow (the 4th) and it is so surreal! I am nervous about accessing medical care in another country and a county I have never been too but I have to take a leap of faith, right?

Hope everyone is well!

TTC Since - 2016

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#33 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

Singlemamatobe - I hope your transfer went perfectly today! Let us know how youre doing :)

Emmettsmom - how is the progesterone going? Did you have your lining check?

AFM - today was my last day of blood and ultrasound. Lining is 0.87cm. My ERA cycle was thicker but hopefully this is thick enough! IVIG on Friday. Waiting for the call from the lab to confirm when the transfer will be.

Hows everyone else doing?

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#34 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

I just realized I didnt answer the lining question! My clinic in Calgary wanted to see 0.7 cm and my clinic in Greece wanted it to be 0.8 and it was 0.87 at my second scan.

Transfer went well today! Lining looked good, embies looked good. No complaints all around. Now for the 2ww 😣

Hope everyone else is having a good week ☺
  • Daisy.Eriksen likes this

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#35 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:49 PM

Wishing - I am so sorry to hear that.

Singlemama - Im so glad to hear your transfer went well. The 2ww wait is not fun but will be over with soon!

I am doing good, progesterone shots are as expected. I did have my lining check and everything looks great! Im so ready for Friday! Good news, my doctor said I only have to wait 10 days for my first blood test after the transfer!

#36 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:25 PM

EmmettsMom- What size needle are u using for PIO shots? Not looking forward to them. Are you doing them yourself? I usually got my hubby to do them unless he was away- I most likely will start then tomorrow

Wishingandhoping8888- sorry that your transfer got cancelled- I never heard of having retained placenta cells.

SynchroGirl- A natural cycle must feel so different- why did your clinic choose to do that if you did the medicated cycle before?

singlemamatobe- Glad the transfer went well. How's the medical care in Greece?

AFM- My pelvic U/S was good. Lab tech said I had Triliniar lining :) and my clinic said lining thickness is 8mm (.8cm). I asked my clinic what thickness is good, and they said 8-12mm is ideal, but 7 or 7.5 is acceptable as well. Last time I had 11mm, so I hope the 8mm is thick enough! As for my bloodwork- I gave the lab the wrong requisition sheet! It was for measuring my TSH! OOPS! My clinic said they can get the progesterone and estradiol from it, but it will take an extra day for results...crossing my fingers it's all good!

#37 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:50 AM

They gave me a bigger needle to extract the progesterone so that is an 18g but the needle I use for the actual injection is a 22g. I have been doing them myself this time because my husband works late and Im supposed to do the injections between 7-9pm. Previously he did them for me. Its not too bad after a couple days of getting used to it.

#38 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:50 AM

Singlemamatobe - that makes me feel better about the lining - we are exactly the same :) did they measure again on the day of transfer?

Emmettsmom - best of luck for a smooth transfer today! Very exciting that your clinic lets you test at 10 days post. Im not sure what MFC does but my old clinic was 14 days.

Mamasita - Ive only had one transfer before and it was a fresh transfer. This is my first FET, my clinic said they have better results with natural cycles if your period is regular. I wont be starting progesterone until after the transfer. I havent done the PIO shots before... and think I will opt for the every 3 days (with suppositories in between) as my clinic believes they are all equally effective.

My transfer is confirmed for Monday and it will be my Dr doing it which Im very happy about.

Hello to EOE!

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#39 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

Synchro - They did a quick lining check after the transfer which my clinic in Canada has never done.

Mamasita - The care in Greece seems good. Yesterday was my first experience and everything they did and the instructions they gave were basically identical to what I experienced in Canada.

My clinic always wanted me to test 12 days post and the clinic in Greece is the same. Im going to probably test 9 days post as well.

I start my trip home tomorrow but was hoping to go see the Acropolis up close first. Its quite a hike up and I had some cramping today on my walk after going up a bunch of steps. I know rationally that it wont make difference but it makes me nervous.

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#40 Teanerbop

Teanerbop
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:reproductive science center

Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:13 PM

Hello ladies. Sorry for being MIA, theres been a lot going on.

- Wishing: Sorry that your cycle had to be cancelled.

- Singlemamatobe: Im glad that transfer went well. Wishing you the best during your 2ww.

AFM: This past Tuesday was my donors egg retrieval. 23 eggs were collect. Out of those 23, 16 fertilized. I dont know how many will make it to blastocyst. My transfer is scheduled for this Sunday, December 8th. Im excited.
  • Carter81 likes this

#41 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:09 AM

Teanerbop - How exciting!! Good luck on Sunday 😊

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#42 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:25 AM

Emmettsmom- GOOD LUCK with your transfer today! :) I'm using a 25G to inject. I did it myself yesterday and today. Didn't really hurt, but hard to push it in. My butt hurts today though.

Teanerbop- 16 fertilized is a great number to start with.

Synchrogirl- I have to take PIO shots everyday and prometrium tabs
I hope you don't mind, but I'm writing an update here:

Update:

Carter81 - cycle cancelled :(
Singlemamatobe - transfer -Dec 4 ✔- PUPO!
Emmettsmom - transfer -Dec 6 ✔- PUPO!
Daisy.Eriksen - transfer -Dec 6 ✔- PUPO!
Teanerbop - transfer -Dec 8
Synchrogirl - transfer -Dec 9
Mamasita204 - transfer -Dec 10
Wishingandhoping8888 - cycle cancelled :(
Adrian555 - transfer -Dec 18

#43 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 413 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

Hello! I've been following along but had found this cycle too stressful to post earlier. Today we transferred two day-6 (donor egg) blasts. It went so much smoother than the one in September. I'm so relieved. Beta is on Dec. 16. I'm so hopeful! It's been 6 and a half years so I am so ready for this to work.

Carter and Wishing, so sorry your cycles were cancelled. Must be so disappointing.

SMTB, I hope your transfer went well and you have a smooth journey home!

Emmettsmom, transfer day buddy! Hope today went well for you. 

Teanerbop, that is a great number of donor eggs to work with! I hope you have a good number of blasts. :) 

Best of luck to those of you with transfers coming up soon! Thanks mamasita for the summary, makes things easy to keep track of. 

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#44 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 01:33 PM

Daisy.Eriksen- yay transfer buddies and our beta is on the same day too!! The transfer went well and Im at home resting for a bit.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Im so excited to see how our group progresses!

#45 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

Congrats emmettsmom and Daisy on being PUPO!

Teanerbop, wow thats a lot of eggs, praying for a great numbers of blasts for you.

Mamasita, thanks for doing the updates :) Im not looking forward to those PIO shots 😳

Singlemama - hope there has been no more cramping and youre having a safe trip home.

AFM - had my IVIG this morning. I hate IVs but thanks to emla it was tolerable. I felt like my cheeks looked rosy afterwards so Im going to take that as a good sign that its doing something positive!

Lots of transfers happening in our group!

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#46 Teanerbop

Teanerbop
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:reproductive science center

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:12 PM

Transfer day was today! Everything went well. We ended up transferring one perfect day 5 little embryo. My beta is December 17th.

I hope that everyone is doing well.

#47 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:20 PM

Congrats Teanerbop! I hope the 17th comes fast :)

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#48 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:50 PM

Teanerbop- Im glad youre transfer went well!

AFM - 2 dpt and Im spotting this evening. I was out Christmas shopping all day and Im not sure if I did too much walking or if this is a good thing. I did have spotting with my last pregnancy but not this early...

#49 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 06:50 PM

Teanerbop- Im glad youre transfer went well!

AFM - 2 dpt and Im spotting this evening. I was out Christmas shopping all day and Im not sure if I did too much walking or if this is a good thing. I did have spotting with my last pregnancy but not this early...

#50 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

EmmettsMom - I know spotting is totally normal but it is always so hard not to worry. Use it as an excuse to put your feet up for a bit! I was on my feet all day at a birth and im feeling crampy. Im not sure ive had so much cramping in any other cycle but I have also not walked up to the Acropolis and traveled home from Greece, then had a 12 hr birth in the 4 days post transfer so 🤷🏼‍♀🤷🏼‍♀🤷🏼‍♀. Im showering, making eggs and toast, and putting on a Christmas movie.

Hope everyone is doing well tonight 😊

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....