168 replies to this topic

#1 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:42 PM

Hello, 

Just starting a new topic for the December FETs out there. 

I will be transferring on December 16th! 

We were thankfully very fortunate with our most recent transfer at VFC in 2017 which resulted in DD being born in March 2018. 

This time around it actually feels very different and even more stressful. Any tips out there for women transferring with a toddler and with limited free time out there to really focus on IVF. I suppose it also does not help that I battled PPD for almost a year. 

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#2 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:34 AM

Hi Wishing! I'll join in. I just had my last cycle with my own embryos in October and it was an unsuccessful. After a long journey, I have decided to go overseas to use donor eggs and donor sperm and everything is coming together really quickly with an estimated transfer date of December 4th. I don't have any advice around cycling with a toddler but I understand trying to fit it into a busy life. In general, I found the embryo transfer cycles to be a lot easier to fit in than an egg retrieval cycle so hopefully it won't be as challenging as you think. Best of luck to you!!

• Wishingandhoping8888 likes this

Fertility Issue - Singleness, Age (42 years old) 

TTC Since - 2016

IUI x 8 with donor sperm - BFN

IVF #1 November 2017 - 7 Day 6 blasts frozen, fresh transfer cancelled d/t OHSS

FET #1 March 2018 - two embies transferred, BFN

FET #2 May 2018 - BFP!!! EDD Feb 12/19...SAB at 9 wks icon_cry.gif

FET #3 October 2018 - BFN 

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 22nd - U/S for bleeding confirmed twin pregnancy, still viable

February 25th - heavy bleeding :-( 

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

FET #4 July 16, 2019 - transferred two beautiful blasts, BFN

FET #5 Oct 7, 2019 - transferred my last two blasts, BFN. 

Donor Eggs....

FET with DE/DS tentatively scheduled for December 4, 2019 in Greece

#3 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

Hi Wishing! I'm currently cycling this month (November), but it is my fourth FET with a toddler (phew). Which part are you most concerned about?

I found it harder to remember to take meds (so i have to set cell phone alams for everything). Side effects are annoying but manageable because as much as they are hard with a toddler, our little ones can also distract us from focusing on them too. Transfer day is a big one for me, because I do like to take it easy. I have had to do all my transfers solo, as we don't have childcare for DD (she just turned 2, and they have all been booked right around her lunch/nap time). Typically DH an DD get to drop me off at the clinic, although sometimes I have even had to bus there - which is weird but I don't drive so it's what happens. Post-transfer either they pick me up or I arrange for a friend to do so, and I either hang out in the living room with the family but with the agreement DH is doing the "big play" and picking up for the first day or so, or I take some time upstairs to relax that afternoon. By the second day, I'm still easing off lifting but working more playing/activities in and by day 3 it is full mom again. DD is 31lbs so she is a big lift! Our clinic said if my body is used to it, then it should be fine - but she is admittedly a big of a strain so we are getting her used to more "walk with us" and "hop up on this chair" kind of things, rather than being carried. And snuggles can happen in our laps on the couch or the floor.

I always took quiet moments to meditate on the transfer in the evening though, after her bedtime. And, during the moments of transfer I would meditate on the transfer that gave us DD and thinking of how my body accepted that and grew a beautiful child I think there are some benefits to going through this with a toddler too!

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#4 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:51 PM

Hi Ladies, 

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. Wishing everyone here lots of sticky thoughts and best of luck in the upcoming cycle. 

:D

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

#5 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:RMIA

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

Hello ladies, I also had a failed transfer in October. I think I remember you from the October group Singlemamatobe. I have another transfer scheduled for December 6th! 

Wishingandhoping - I have an 18 month old son but I really haven't done anything too different. On the day of my last transfer I had DH take care of him and I just relaxed as much as I could but after that I went back to life as normal for the most part. Luckily he is at the stage where he wants to do things himself so lifting and carrying is getting less. 

Wishing everyone a smooth and successful transfer!

#6 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:39 PM

Hi Ladies, I'll join in too! 

I am planning an FET sometime in December (depends when my period comes and when I ovulate I guess as this is a natural cycle).  This will be my first FET - I have had one fresh cycle (BFN) about a year and a half ago and spent the last 18 months trying to get PGS normal embyros as well as my immune issues resolved.  I'll be doing my last (and 7th) LIT treatment next week but decided to move ahead with a transfer and not wait for the results.  I'll also be doing IVIG a few days before transfer.  Anyone else doing IVIG?

Look forward to cycling with each of you!  Good luck to everyone.

Me: 40 DH: 52

Dx: Mild Endo, Immune Related Issues, Unexplained

TTC #1 since 2003... 3 years ending in heartbreaking divorce...

Lap #1 in 2005 (mild endo), Lap #2 in 2013 (confirmed no regrowth)

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Immune testing revealed low leukocyte antibodies (1%)

May-June 2019: LIT #1 (x2 treatments) with DH - minor improvement

July-Sept 2019: LIT #2 with donor (x3 treatments) - again minor improvement

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

Dec 20, 2019 - first ever BFP!

#7 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

Hi Emmett's Mom, we were indeed in the October group together :-) I was planning a fresh egg donor transfer cycle (apparently my clinic, RFP in Calgary, will only provide satellite monitoring if it's a fresh donor cycle...not sure what I'll do if it doesn't work and there are leftover embryos...) but my donor got her period a week early and my period didn't come early after downreg so I am now doing a frozen transfer which means that I have more time to get my lining nice and juice AND am less likely to have to make any changes to my trip last minute. I definitely took having my fertility clinic 10 minutes away for granted for the past three years. Anyway, I am planning an embryo transfer (two, of course) on December 4th in Greece. I'm heading over on the 29th so I'll spend a few festive days in London before I fly to Athens. 

SynchroGirl - welcome!

YaenaSK - I don't have kids but I work on call and am always confused about what time of day it is so I find taking meds very difficult. I have to set alarms on my phone several times a day. I hate it. The things we do!

Hope everyone is doing well! 

TTC Since - 2016

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#8 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:17 AM

Hey everyone! Currently in the middle of a cycle and was supposed to transfer around Nov 25th but my lining is not cooperating so it has been bumped by a week. Our tentative transfer date is now Dec 2nd. 

Hope everyone is doing well smile.png

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Day 3 transfer of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  and Jan 2020 DE IVF #2 both cancelled due to poor lining

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

Jul 2020   DE IVF #3 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 6 survived the thaw, 4 fertilized, one B4BB blast to freeze.

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#9 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

Singlemama - London and Greece sound great! Hopefully you will get some time to relax before and after the transfer!

Welcome SynchroGirl & Carter81!

I go in next Wednesday for my lining check. I am getting a bit nervous because this is our last embryo and DH and I decided that if we use all our frozen embryos then we would be done and won't be trying again. So fingers crossed that this one works!

#10 Teanerbop

Teanerbop
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:reproductive science center

Posted 20 November 2019 - 05:21 AM

Hello Everyone. Im currently doing a fresh donor cycle and we are looking to do the transfer the week of December 9th. Im excited and wishing everyone the best.

#11 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

Thanks singlemamatobe and emmettsmom! 😊 welcome to carter81 and teanerbop!

Got my period last night so Im officially starting my first FET cycle. Feeling anxious and nervous. My clinic does natural FETs but it seems like a lot on this forum are doing medicated so hoping natural is the right call for me. Anyone doing natural in this group? Wondering when the countdown starts for the transfer from ovulation time... trying to figure out my schedule as I have a few skating competitions in December (I know.. not ideal).. Ill be doing my last LIT treatment today as well, and IVIG sometime before transfer. Lots of mystery time off work needed this month I guess.

Hope everyone is doing well! We should start a list soon to keep track of where everyone is at.

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

IVF #1 (March 2018) - 4 eggs retrieved, 1 blast - 3BC (not tested), fresh transfer, BFN

Changed clinics - now @ MFC / Dr Virro - referred for immune testing, Dr wants to first get 2-3 PGS normal embryos before doing immune testing

May 2018-May 2019: 6 more IVF cycles.. 12 embryos, 3 PGS normal (5AB, 3AB, 4BC), 1 mosaic (4BB), 1 too small to test (3BC), 7 abnormal

Oct-Nov 2019: LIT #3 with new donor (x2 treatments) - not going to wait for the results, proceeding with transfer in December 2019

#12 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 10:47 AM

Our group (so far!):

Wishingandhoping8888 - transfer scheduled Dec 16
Singlemamatobe - transfer ~Dec 4
YeanaSK - transferring in November
Emmettsmom - transfer scheduled Dec 6
Synchrogirl - transfer ~Dec 8
Carter81 - transfer scheduled Dec 2
Teanerbop - transfer ~week of Dec 9
  • Carter81 likes this

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#13 Adrian555

Adrian555
  • 67 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Hi All,

I am doing a medicated FET right now, ive had two failed fresh IVF cycles and one previous FET so this may be my last go so we are hopeful but not too hopeful at the same time. My current transfer date is December 18th but all depends on when my period decides to come.. always late on the suprefact! Nice to have people to go through it with.. we took a couple years off and its amazing how much you actually forget about the process. Wishing everyone the very best through their cycles! 

• Mamasita204 likes this

IVF #1

5 Day Transfer of one blastocyst 

BFP - Chemical sad.png

FET #1 

April 5th - 2017 - Transfer - BFN

IVF #2

Sept 27th 2017 - BFP

Miscarriage at 9 weeks sad.png

3 Frozen Embryos 

FET #2

Transfer December 21st 2019

#14 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic/VFC

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:42 PM

Hey everyone!

I have an FET scheduled for Dec.10th if lining checks out fine.

A bit about me: I have an almost 12 month old, which was from my 2nd FET (1st FET with new clinic VFC). You can check out my about me page for more about my IVF journey.

Wishingandhoping8888- thx for starting the thread! I'm at VFC as well. I feel the same way as you about this FET being different than the first. I was much more relaxed the first time and had more time to prepare well for the FET - like with 1st I drank decaf, went on limited gluten & dairy diet, meditated daily, did acupuncture for a couple of months prior to transfer etc.

Synchrogirl- thx for making a list! I'm usually the one who starts this on ivf buddy threads that I join. I love the organization of it ;) Just a suggestion-make the list chronological by transfer dates :)

#15 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:43 AM

Welcome Adrian555 and Mamasita204! Good call on the chronological list, feel free to jump in as we go and update if I am falling behind. smile.png

How's everyone doing? What's everyone doing to prepare? I've been doing acupuncture although I didn't go this week as I had my LIT on Wednesday - I figured that's enough needles for one week! I'm also trying to meditate but it's definitely not happening every day. Overall, just focusing on self care which includes spa dates and not working very hard.. wink.png

YeanaSK - transferring in November
Carter81 - transfer scheduled Dec 2
Singlemamatobe - transfer ~Dec 4
Emmettsmom - transfer scheduled Dec 6
Synchrogirl - transfer ~Dec 8
Teanerbop - transfer ~week of Dec 9
Mamasita204 - transfer scheduled Dec 10
Wishingandhoping8888 - transfer scheduled Dec 16
Adrian555 - transfer scheduled Dec 18

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#16 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:31 PM

Haha, I have been falling off the wagon and not doing ANYTHING to prepare (other than taking my meds, ha). No/limited exercise (sitting in my workout clothes as we speak, not working out), drinking coffee/wine, etc. I am limiting dairy and have a fertility massage booked a day before my embryo transfer and I am trying to modify my stress but I've had a stressful month between telling my business/practice partner I'm moving and losing a close friend. So! I'm doing my best and trying not to worry too much about it. 

I am planning some very nice things for myself to do while in London a few days before I fly to Greece for my FET. Christmas markets, facial, massage, good food, some light shopping. 

My donor had her egg retrieval today and had 11 mature eggs so I'm pretty happy about that. Fingers crossed for some good blasts! 

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#17 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic/VFC

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

I'm trying to do some things to prepare for the FET, but as I said before- not as good at preparing as my last FET. I feel more stressed with taking care of a 12 month old (who doesn't sleep well at night), hubby losing his job, and grieving my cousin (who was like a sister to me) who recently passed away from an accident). It's hard to feel hopeful that this transfer will be successful.

I've started to medidate (3 times only so far). Mindful IVF app is really good. I'd recommend it for anyone who's interested.

I'm cutting out a little bit of gluten, but definitely not enough.

I'm planning on doing acupuncture before/after day of FET.

I'm taking my vitamins.

As for meds:
I'm currently doing suprafact injections and taking synthroid & estrace pills

How's everyone else doing now that FET date is coming closer? How are you all feeling about it?

#18 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

I have been MIA from here for a few days. I had to take my 18 month old to the ER and it turns out he has pneumonia and an ear infection. So we have been cuddled up trying to get better for the past few days.

I have not been stressing out about doing too much this time either. Of course taking my meds. For whatever reason I feel less stressed this time even though it will be my last shot at this. I went in this morning for my lining check and everything looks good. I go for more blood work on Friday and my transfer is a week from Friday! I am feeling pretty good! I hope everyone is doing well!

#19 SynchroGirl

SynchroGirl
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 03:48 PM

Im trying to avoid gluten as well but definitely havent been sticking to it 100%. I second the mindful IVF app, I found it really helpful for my IVFs and just listened to one of the prep tracks this morning.

Singlemamatobe - how are your donor embryos doing?

Mamasita - are you having acupuncture at your clinic right before/after or just same day? I did mine at the clinic before but that cycle was a BFN so I wasnt sure if I wanted to spend the extra money this time. Might just do it day before/after or however the schedule works out.

I go in for day 10 blood on Friday. Reeeeaally anxious to find out when my transfer date will be. I do synchronized skating and we have a few shows & competitions coming up... hoping I can work around everything.

6 IUIs 2013-2014 @ RCC

#20 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:19 PM

I can't believe I'm leaving Friday! I had my lining check on Monday (10 days after starting estrace...4 days earlier than my old clinic did their lining checks) and it wasn't quite ready so I'm going back in tomorrow and if it looks good we will be a go for a transfer on the 4th. My last update about my embryos was on Sunday when I heard that 8 were fertilized. I'll get a Day 5 update tomorrow. It's very strange having embryos developing on the other side of the world. Hopefully I get good news all around tomorrow :-)

I love Mindful IVF. Thanks for the reminder to get back on it.

Sending some love everyone's way. This journey sure does have its ups and downs. 

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#21 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:25 AM

Hey ladies...my cycle is cancelled unfortunately but wishing you all lots of luck and hoping to hear lots of good news from you all. I will try to pop in from time to time to get updates  th_acheerlead.gif

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 35

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   7 IUIs - BFN

Feb 2017  IVF #1  9R, 6M, 3F

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   3 IUIs - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF #2  7R, 5M, 3F

July 2019  DE IVF #1 (Assured Refund Program - Ottawa Fertility Program)

8 eggs thawed, 7 survived, 4 fert, 1 very poor quality left on day 5 - not able to transfer 

Nov 2019  and Jan 2020 DE IVF #2 both cancelled due to poor lining

Mar 2020  DE IVF #2 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 4 survived the thaw, all fertilized, none good enough quality blasts to transfer. 

Transfer cancelled anyway due to COVID-19 - went home early but froze DH sperm before leaving...15 straws!

Jul 2020   DE IVF #3 (Assured Refund Program - OFC)

7 eggs thawed, 6 survived the thaw, 4 fertilized, one B4BB blast to freeze.

Aug 2020  FET #1  - BFN

#22 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:09 PM

Carter - so sorry to hear! I hope everything is ok and that you're able to just enjoy the rest of the year before whatever comes next for you. 

4 Day 5 embies for me and a juicy lining so it looks like I'm greenlit for a transfer on the 4th! I'll start progesterone tomorrow and also leave for Europe tomorrow. Feels a bit surreal. 

• Carter81 likes this

TTC Since - 2016

March 27th - D & C

Donor Eggs....

#23 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:49 AM

I feel like such an idiot. I had a death in the family this week which resulted in lots of last minute travel. Annnnd I completely forgot to start my estrace, dexamethesone and baby aspirin. Fml!!!

Anyway I was supposed to start it on Monday Nov 25 and didnt start it until yesterday night!

I have already contacted Vfc but Im losing my mind with stress right now. What happens now? Do they cancel? Do they up my estrogen? Do they delay the transfer? The issue is that the last day Vfc is doing transfers is the 20th! Arghhhhh

#24 Adrian555

Adrian555
  • 67 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 29 November 2019 - 09:55 AM

Hi Wishingandhoping888, i am not sure what the dexamethesone is for but for me i started my estrace on the 28th and my transfer is scheduled for the 18th? So hopefully that means you will still be okay for your cycle. 

IVF #1

5 Day Transfer of one blastocyst 

BFP - Chemical sad.png

FET #1 

April 5th - 2017 - Transfer - BFN

IVF #2

Sept 27th 2017 - BFP

Miscarriage at 9 weeks sad.png

3 Frozen Embryos 

FET #2

Transfer December 21st 2019

#25 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:14 AM

Wishingandhoping- maybe they will just up your dose and you can still transfer. Fingers crossed!