Oakville - Oh no - like BabyforQ said, I hope it is just a little slower (maybe a late implanter?) and things will look much better at your next ultrasound. But I know the wait will be so hard, especially through the holidays. I am sorry! As for the doctor - I share your frustration but I learned with my last pregnancy, that sometimes they don't say because the legitimately don't know. Our condition came with an increased risk of miscarriage, but our doctor had also seen multiple women come through it with healthy babies. She really didn't know. I went to my second scan with all the Google knowledge I had amassed (an 80-90% miscarriage rate) and she was horrified, and told me in her experience it was more like 50/50. In the end, it didn't work out but we were BOTH convinced I was going to make it, so I am also glad she didn't lead me down one road of thinking. I think it's such a hard balance because they don't want to mislead us, but we need to KNOW, to feel like we have some control, even if the answer is bad. It just sucks.
AFM - I am still pregnant! Our scan went really well. Baby is measuring 7w (so one day ahead, as I am only 6w6d today). And the sac is measuring 7w3d - that was my biggest fear, since that was our complication last time. Heartbeat is 141 already, so it seems like we have a strong little embryo this time. No sign of a SCH, so the assumption is that the bleeding and spotting are all a result of cervical irritation. My doctor also revealed she has experienced pregnancy after miscarriage, so she is enormously sympathetic to the anxiety that comes with it, and has booked me in for an extra ultrasound on the 30th, just for reassurance, an then we will book our Harmony testing with an optional scan that day too, in mid-January.