406 replies to this topic

#401 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

Oakville - Oh no - like BabyforQ said, I hope it is just a little slower (maybe a late implanter?) and things will look much better at your next ultrasound. But I know the wait will be so hard, especially through the holidays. I am sorry! As for the doctor - I share your frustration but I learned with my last pregnancy, that sometimes they don't say because the legitimately don't know. Our condition came with an increased risk of miscarriage, but our doctor had also seen multiple women come through it with healthy babies. She really didn't know. I went to my second scan with all the Google knowledge I had amassed (an 80-90% miscarriage rate) and she was horrified, and told me in her experience it was more like 50/50. In the end, it didn't work out but we were BOTH convinced I was going to make it, so I am also glad she didn't lead me down one road of thinking. I think it's such a hard balance because they don't want to mislead us, but we need to KNOW, to feel like we have some control, even if the answer is bad. It just sucks.

AFM - I am still pregnant! Our scan went really well. Baby is measuring 7w (so one day ahead, as I am only 6w6d today). And the sac is measuring 7w3d - that was my biggest fear, since that was our complication last time. Heartbeat is 141 already, so it seems like we have a strong little embryo this time. No sign of a SCH, so the assumption is that the bleeding and spotting are all a result of cervical irritation. My doctor also revealed she has experienced pregnancy after miscarriage, so she is enormously sympathetic to the anxiety that comes with it, and has booked me in for an extra ultrasound on the 30th, just for reassurance, an then we will book our Harmony testing with an optional scan that day too, in mid-January.

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#402 Ssb

Ssb
  • Global 100+
  • 102 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:32 PM

Oh I am so excited for you and happy the baby is growing!!

Oakville - Oh no - like BabyforQ said, I hope it is just a little slower (maybe a late implanter?) and things will look much better at your next ultrasound. But I know the wait will be so hard, especially through the holidays. I am sorry! As for the doctor - I share your frustration but I learned with my last pregnancy, that sometimes they don't say because the legitimately don't know. Our condition came with an increased risk of miscarriage, but our doctor had also seen multiple women come through it with healthy babies. She really didn't know. I went to my second scan with all the Google knowledge I had amassed (an 80-90% miscarriage rate) and she was horrified, and told me in her experience it was more like 50/50. In the end, it didn't work out but we were BOTH convinced I was going to make it, so I am also glad she didn't lead me down one road of thinking. I think it's such a hard balance because they don't want to mislead us, but we need to KNOW, to feel like we have some control, even if the answer is bad. It just sucks.

AFM - I am still pregnant! Our scan went really well. Baby is measuring 7w (so one day ahead, as I am only 6w6d today). And the sac is measuring 7w3d - that was my biggest fear, since that was our complication last time. Heartbeat is 141 already, so it seems like we have a strong little embryo this time. No sign of a SCH, so the assumption is that the bleeding and spotting are all a result of cervical irritation. My doctor also revealed she has experienced pregnancy after miscarriage, so she is enormously sympathetic to the anxiety that comes with it, and has booked me in for an extra ultrasound on the 30th, just for reassurance, an then we will book our Harmony testing with an optional scan that day too, in mid-January.

#403 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:42 AM

Started bleeding again last night, and still bleeding this morning. I don't know what is going on. Definitely red. Not as heavy as a period, no cramping, but enough to leave the toilet bowl red and very noticeable every time I wipe. My clinic is closed over weekends, and will only be open on Monday (then not again until my appointment on the 30th).

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

#404 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 738 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:14 AM

Yaena,

interjecting on this forum, this does not sound like irritation. Consider going to the hospital for an evaluation. 

#405 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

How is everyone doing? How were the holidays?

Caroline - did you get answers at a follow up?

Oakville - how are you? How did the follow up go?

Everyone else - I hope you are all doing well, whether you are grieving and thinking of next steps, or enjoying a BFP.

AFM - I have spotted off and on, but in the absence of any other warning signs decided not to call my clinic. Last time, I did that - calling every time I spotted, rushing in for an ultrasound - and it was so stressful and just added to the trauma. I figure this time, it will either be ok or it won't, since this early on there is really nothing they can do. I have tried to rest a little more when the spotting increases, though. My nausea is extreme, Zofran barely takes the edge off now, so I really feel like it will be ok on Monday.

#406 Sarapaige

Sarapaige
  • 21 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:07 PM

YaenaSK - I think you are probably right not to panic. Its so true that there really is nothing we can do about it. I hope these past couple of weeks havent been too stressful for you. When is your next US?

AFM - we have had an eventful few weeks. I have HG and have been hospitalized twice now for dehydration.... as a first time mom this pregnancy is straight up kicking my ass. I had no idea it could be so bad. I spent all of Christmas in the hospital! But today we had a scan at 10w3d and our little baby is growing and it was so amazing to see him/her wiggling around in there looking adorable! My left ovary seems to have quite a lot of blood around it. Has anyone had cysts on their ovaries burst while pregnant? We see my doc about it tomorrow but Im having a lot of pain in that area and the tech picked it up today.

#407 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 970 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

Sarapaige - oh man. You definitely have my sympathies on the HG. I dont know if I officially have it or just wicked nausea, but my RE prescribed a second anti-nauseant today to help me (so now I take zofran AND the other drug throughout the day). I hope it eases up soon for you! And congrats on a good ultrasound!

I had my next scan today - today is the exact point in my previous pregnancy that we lost the HB so I was nervous. But, our bean is growing (measuring one day ahead), and the HB is 187! I go back on Jan 16 to do my harmony blood draw and my RE will do another quick scan - abdominal this time! No more Wanda :) It is unreal to think I may have one more appointment EVER at my clinic.