932 replies to this topic

#76 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

For those trying for their second, what do you guys do about lifting your toddlers after your FET. I took all Sunday off after the transfer as my parents watched my DS but obviously cant not ever pick him up. Ive had to pick him up 3-4 times today getting him in and out of the car seat. Hes 30lbs. My RE didnt say anything about not lifting him but they said avoid things that increase my body temperature.

Cotton - I think Im going to test 4dpt, 5dpt and 6dpt to see if the line is getting darker or lighter (since I am on HCG boosters). I only have 3 tests and I am trying not to buy anymore. I think I peed on 30 tests when I was pregnant with our son.

Missaka - when are you going to test? I was super crampy today too, hopefully thats a good sign for us both. I remember being super crampy around this time with my DSs pregnancy and basically throughout my entire first trimester.
  • bobs77 likes this

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#77 singlemamatobe

singlemamatobe
  • Global 100+
  • 130 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:11 PM

Transfer day! Both embies survived the thaw and were hatching at the time of transfer. They don't give me a grade, the embryologist just said that they both looked excellent. Can't complain about that. I do have a cold so I'm in bed trying to recover from that. Anecdotally it seems like it can't hurt and will maybe help? Who knows. 

Normally I've taken it easy during the 2ww but I've decided that this time I'm going to get right back to my exercise routine once this cold has run its course. I just won't lift anything heavier than usual (for those with toddlers, I wouldn't worry about lifting them). I will just avoid raising my core temperature (so no long cardio sessions) for this week and then just won't worry about it at all because by then the embryo will have implanted or not and my core temperature won't matter. 

With respect to early testing...I don't do it. I tested early with my first transfer (this is my 6th) and it just made the rest of the 2ww miserable because I still had to do the serum beta and get that call from the clinic. I prefer just one day of the dreads, bad news, then spend a day or two regrouping. This way I can also spend a lot more time feeling positive and excited about a potential pregnancy.

Sending so much love to all of you! This is so tricky and also so isolating. It helps to talk to other people who are going through it. heart.gif

Fertility Issue - Singleness, Age (42 years old) 

TTC Since - 2016

IUI x 8 with donor sperm - BFN

IVF #1 November 2017 - 7 Day 6 blasts frozen, fresh transfer cancelled d/t OHSS

FET #1 March 2018 - two embies transferred, BFN

FET #2 May 2018 - BFP!!! EDD Feb 12/19...SAB at 9 wks icon_cry.gif

FET #3 October 2018 - BFN 

IVF #2 January 2019 - two blasts transferred Jan 27th and four frozen. crsd.gif crsd.gif - BFP! Also moderate OHSS

February 22nd - U/S for bleeding confirmed twin pregnancy, still viable

February 25th - heavy bleeding :-( 

February 27th - confirmed loss of one baby, second baby has a HR of 109 (low) and is measuring small

March 25th - U/S after being in Hawaii for a month, missed miscarriage of baby number two. 

March 27th - D & C

FET #4 July 16, 2019 - transferred two beautiful blasts, BFN

FET #5 Oct 7, 2019 - transferred my last two blasts, BFN. 

Donor Eggs....

FET with DE/DS tentatively scheduled for December 4, 2019 in Greece

#78 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 07 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

Pandora - I've already forgotten and lifted my 33lb 2 year old and had a massive sneeze. Woops.

My instructions say not to live over 20lbs for 2 weeks.

Probably should have bought some amazon cheapies. I need motivation to keep doing these PIO shots.

#79 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:55 PM

Pandora89 - I was told by Dr Nayot (former RE from Trio who did my transfer) that I shouldnt be lifting anything more than 20lbs. There is a risk of ectopic if we strain too much. Dr Chang though just said take it easy try not to lift anything too too heavy ;-/
What I did was, I gave all the lifting chores up to my hubby. And I trained my toddler to climb in and out of his carseat by himself ahead of time.
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#80 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

Anyhow weve gotta live our lives too though. So just dont overkill it we should be ok ;-) there are lots of women out there who swear by their names that its ok to lift anything they want.
Hubby 43

FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

#81 hockeynet

hockeynet
  • Global 100+
  • 110 posts
  • My Clinic:One Fertility

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:32 PM

Today's transfer went well. I usually know the right amount of water to drink prior, but I overdid it today and really really had to go! Hard to concentrate, but everything went smooth.

I can't stand waiting for the phone call from the clinic on beta day. But.... am going to wait until morning of beta to do hpt; I have tested days earlier (with bfn) and prematurely taken away from the enjoyment of being PUPO. So at least this way I'll be prepared for the phone call, but can remain PUPO as long as possible!

Wishing everyone luck with their transfers! Let's go into this with some positivity!!!

More about me in profile

#82 Cric7

Cric7
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:RCC

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

Congrats on all the transfers today! Sounds like they went well! Lots of ladies PUPO here!

Piano - good luck with tomorrows beta!!! How have you been feeling for your 2ww?

Canadamommy2 🤞 for a perfect lining tomorrow!

I did test on Sat. (3dpt) but no birthday news for my hubby (as expected). Pretended to drink with friends to celebrate the bday, and was the only one to get sick the next day. So of course, tested again... and again today. Even if I gave my tests to hubby, Id just buy more! Could possibly have seen the squintiest of squinters today. Actually had to google an image since Ive never actually seen a bfp line except on some forums 😂 . No Hcg boosters for me, and Im not reading into it yet. Was way too squinty for that! Still crampy and tired. My bruising isnt as bad though...Ive been massaging the areas a lot and its helping. Beta cant come soon enough!

#83 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:14 AM

From this betabase website and if I'm doing the math correctly (5 days past ovulation = 5 day embryo plus 5 days post transfer = 10 days post ovulation or 5 dpt) and if you assume urine tests at home detect an HCG of 25, the earliest you are likely to see a BFP is 5dpt:

http://www.betabase....rt/basic/single

They say the mean is 37 10 days post ovulation, give or take a day off for being frozen. I think I will test on Saturday.

Crc7 - I hope you get an unambiguous line tomorrow!

AFM - had to ask hubby to give my injection this morning. Getting harder to twist enough to find a spot that isn't bruised and angry

#84 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:23 AM

SingleMamaToBe - FX for you! You have so much more self control than I do, I am so tempted to start testing now at 2dp5dt lol.

CanadaMommy - I lifted my son a handful of times yesterday and then spoke to my H and said he will need to do most of the ligthing/daycare pick ups for the next few weeks. I know I am probably being overly cautious but I dont want to think back and think i did something wrong if this transfer doesnt work.

Cric7 - Hopefully you get a more definite line this morning!

AFM, still symptom spotting. I have some of the same symptoms I had when pregnant with my son but its 2dpt so I am thinking they are probably progesterone related (and probably were the last time too lol)

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

DS born May 7th, 2018.

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

#85 Cric7

Cric7
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:33 AM

Thanks ladies! Hubby was grumpy with me for testing. He wont believe it until beta, which I get. The chemical pregnancy killed him last time. That being said, I secretly tested again, and though its not very dark yet, I did NOT need to squint!!! Im still hesitant to get excited. Beta isnt until the 16th. I doubt theyll say yes, but Ill ask the clinic if I can go in a few days earlier. Id love to tell my mom for thanksgiving.

Ive woken up literally everyday at 4am. Not helping with the fatigue! But todays test gave me a bit extra energy!

Keep up the positive vibes everyone!!

#86 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:56 AM

That's great news Cric7! Congratulations!

#87 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:19 AM

Cd10 lining check :D endometrium is at 7.2 tripple line. Lead follicle are at 12 ans 13 soim not quite ready yet. Hopefully some of them will turn to 18 on Friday so we can trigger ;D if I trigger on Friday then the transfer would be next Friday. Things are getting real ladies!!!
  • pandora89 likes this
Hubby 43

#88 piano88

piano88
  • Just Hatched
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Georgia Reproductive Medixjne

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

Misskika, thank you for writing. I am thinking the very best thoughts for you. We had our beta test today at 8 days past our 5 day transfer of two blasts. The HCG level was 105. I cannot believe it. I almost fainted when the nurse called. I still feel like they have my blood mixed up with someone elses. We have tried for 3 years with no luck.

#89 Cric7

Cric7
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:23 PM

Thats amazing news piano88!!!! Congratulations on your BFP!!! Looks like those 3 years were worth it!!

#90 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:52 PM

Pandora- my husband has convinced me to just wait until the beta. His reasoning is that I will obsess/stress myself every day and question any result that may not be positive. He’s right- going to ride this wave of optimism for as long as I can!

Singlemama- congrats on your transfer! And also taking your advice re: testing. Thank you for sharing!

Hockey- congrats on the transfer!

Cric- sending positive vibes over! My husband has the same sentiment due to our chemical pregnancy. Their patience is remarkable!

Canada- congrats on some great lining- here is to hoping things are a go on Friday.

Piano- HUGE CONGRATS! Wishing you so much positive energy! I totally understand the long wait- we have also been trying 3 1/2 years for our first. It’s so nice to hear a positive story :)  How are you feeling?

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#91 piano88

piano88
  • Just Hatched
  • 19 posts
  • My Clinic:Georgia Reproductive Medixjne

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:27 AM

Thank you, Cric and Misskika. We are just anxious now about it sticking because we have heard so many horror stories about chemical pregnancies. Well go again tomorrow to see if the number has doubled. I feel mostly normally but a little headachy.

Cric, your beta seems so far away! That is a long time to wait. Ours was at only 8dp5dt.

Misskika, when is your beta?

#92 Cric7

Cric7
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 07:42 AM

I agree! Its forever away! And Im also worried about chemical as it happened before. But I did get a line on a dollar store cheapie. Im going to (try to) hold off until at least tomorrow. When do you test again? Fingers crossed those numbers continue to go up piano!

Oakville- I meant to say, I did the scratch. Ive heard of this being done for different purposes. Mine was a mock cycle and ERA (endometrial receptivity array). It determined the exact time I needed to start progesterone before transfer. Its not pleasant...but quick. If you do it, DEFINITELY take Advil an hour before.

#93 Nbee

Nbee
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:05 AM

So my lining perked up and my transfer is scheduled for next Tuesday! October 15. Im more terrified than excited but I know I have to keep trying and moving forward despite my fear of failure

#94 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 71 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:20 AM

Hi ladies! I had my post cycle fail appointment with my doctor and have a plan to do a natural FET (but with trigger and progesterone) with our last embryo and if that fails consider another IVF cycle. I think I saw some others post that they are doing natural FETs. Im just wondering what the benefits are and what to expect? I decided against doing a mock cycle or ERA because our doctor says theres not much evidence that these change outcomes. Also looking for hope from people that went on to have successful IVF cycles following a cycle that was a total dud - 4 mature eggs out of 12 follicles and bad quality. My doctor says that another IVF cycle wouldnt be futile because Im still young (34), but Im borderline DOR so Im having a hard time thinking I will have better results in another cycle. Thanks as always and congrats to everyone with BFPs!

#95 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:29 AM

Congratulations Piano!!!!

Good luck on your transfer Nbee.

Oakvillemama - I think there is a chance a couple more days of meds might be able to recruit a few more mature eggs in your case. Were your follicles empty or were there alot of immature eggs? From what I read if there are many empty follicles that speaks to poor egg quality. It's hard to say if IVF will totally not work with only 1 cycle.

AFM I'm having pressure "down there" also peeing frequently and some breast symptoms. I'm telling myself it can be the progesterone and estrogen and really going to try to not test until Saturday like my original plan. I have been pregnant before so I know what it feels like but I've had many months since where I was convinced I was pregnant and was not.

#96 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:14 AM

Piano- my beta is on the 17th! Still a whole week away! Hope you are feeling good and your betas are coming back ok.

Nbee- congrats on the lining!! And good luck for your transfer!

Oakville- Im 35 with DOR and my first IVF cycle was terrible, I had 3 follicles, 1 mature egg that fertilized but didnt make it to day 5. Second cycle was a bit better, 4 mature eggs, all fertilized and two day 5 frozen embryos out of that cycle. What made the difference the second cycle was down-regression. They essentially shut down my ovaries at the beginning and it helped more follicles grow. I also did acupuncture for three months prior and took a supplement called NAC to improve egg quality. I also hear estrogen priming can work for DOR (taking estrogen before starting stims) but have not done it first hand.

On this end, I caved and POAS this morning (7dp5dt) since Ive been having some symptoms (hip pain/pulling is the most noticeable, fatigue, crazy dreams, a couple bouts of nausea). There is a squinter! Here is to hoping it gets stronger (and same to you Cric!!)

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#97 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:50 AM

Congrats Misskika & Piano!

I tested yesterday afternoon (3.5dp5dt - 12 hours after last hcg booster), this morning and then just a few mins ago and the line has progressively getting darker, and much darker for the one I just took. I took a 1500 hcg booster shot at 2am yesterday (34 hours ago) so I am being cautiously optimistic! 

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF#3 - Feb 2017

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

DS born May 7th, 2018.

#98 EmmettsMom

EmmettsMom
  • 45 posts
  • My Clinic:RMIA

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

Hello! I am also set for an FET this month! I go in tomorrow for my lining check and if everything is good will go for the transfer on Oct 21st!. This is my third attempt with IVF. I had one failed attempt in 2017 and the second time around we were lucky and I had a son in April 2018.babyboy.gif We are so excited to try again. Good luck to everyone!!!

#99 tabkay

tabkay
  • 95 posts
  • My Clinic:aurora

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

Hello

I am new to this post.

My FET was yesterday and I had one 5 day embryo transferred.

As soon as I got home, I was constipated and had to put hard pressure to do the deed (TMI) and I am scared for my embryo. :(

Also, Idk what embryo was transferred, like I read above, some ladies knew their grade.

Also, what do you mean when you say the embryo was hatching when transferred back? And how should I have known about it?

I should have asked these questions at the clinic,but they didnt even occur to me before reading up about it.

Thank you

#100 Cric7

Cric7
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:58 PM

Welcome EmmettsMom and tabkay! Good luck on the lining check and congrats on the FET!

Tabkay, the grading is just a way they describe the embryos.... on how theyre dividing, and how much fragmentation. They wont transfer it if the grading is too low. My clinic said not to put much thought into it. And Im sure they only told me the grading because I asked. One of the most frustrating things Ive found with this experience, is how many things could/should have been told to me. Theres no way we can think of all of the right questions to ask! Youve got your embie in there though, so just keep calm and let it nestle in!

Piano- how were your numbers today? Hope theyre doubling nicely!

Cotton, youre amazing for sticking to your testing plan!
Pandora - Im optimistic for you too!

Misskika - Fantastic news on the squinter! Do you plan on testing again? Im feeling all the things you are! The fatigue is borderline unbearable, and the dreams are insane!

Ive been so anxious over the faintness of my lines, and Ive been terrified to believe them. So I tested this AM on a life brand.. thought I saw a faint line (again) but the control didnt appear properly, so I didnt trust it. Did another FRER after work (cuz Id go crazy waiting til tomorrow after the dud) and definitely darker than the first FRER I did! I think Im finally starting to believe it, but cant shake the shock!