874 replies to this topic

#851 hopingformiracle

hopingformiracle
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Anova Fertility

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:29 AM

Hi Cotton,

I don't have any experience with previous deliveries. However, I have few friends who had anterior  placenta  and they were C-section due to possible complications because placenta comes first when pushing during vaginal birth. Sorry if this disappoint you. 

Afm- even if I deliver next week, my babies are not small at all. As per my all ultrasounds babies weights have been between 50 and 90% . Right now they are weighing 5.7 and 5.8 pounds, so if they come earlier (before 36-37 weeks), their weight is not a worry. Indeed the Dr concern is that they are going to be to big for vaginal birth, not the other way around.

#852 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 16 May 2020 - 06:46 PM

Hopingformiracle - I think you're thinking of placenta previa. I start out looking like I might have it but as the uterus grows I get distance between the placenta and the cervix. Happened in both my natural and IVF pregnancy so I think that's just what my uterus does

I'm surprised at how big your twins are and am not surprised you're so uncomfortable!

#853 hopingformiracle

hopingformiracle
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 04:14 PM

Hi Cotton,

Glad to hear that then. Hope everything goes as you expect.

And yes very uncomfortable. Indeed when people see me and ask how far am I, they get surprise of the size of my belly..... but i laugh to myself bcz they dont know i am expecting two babies. Hopefully i have not gained too  much weigh but the belly is huge...!!!

#854 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:34 AM

I think I may have got baby to flip. I put an ice pack on the head while in pelvic tilt. I feel a bigger irregular mass where the head was. Before I could feel a round head that I could move back and forth. If I didn't get baby to flip s/he definitely moved. I'm probably going to beg my midwives to check me tomorrow!

#855 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Hi ladies, i had a little of a scared last night. Ive been having braxton hicks since 24w but last night it came every 5mins from 3-7 ;-( i had to had my non stress test and some swop done to see if I dilated or have some sign of preterm labour. Lucky me it was just a uterus practicing so no shot or iv were given today and I got sent home pretty quickly.
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#856 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:40 AM

That's scary Canadamommy. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing. What was the hospital like? Is your baby still breech?

#857 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:15 AM

Cotton - the ER was really Interesting, I was probably the only one in there or maybe 1 more lady when usually its packed with million peoples and those cottagers. It was in and out within 2 hrs which NEVER happened LOL. The hospital was strict too, they screen for fever and all before going in and its quite dead in there ;-) i was the only 1 in the non stress test room for a while. I was also in and outta there within 3hrs too ;-)
Hubby 43

FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

#858 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:28 PM

I've been hearing on the news people are so scared of covid they're having literal heart attacks at home and still avoiding the ER.

I got squeezed in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning to check baby's position. If baby is still breech I'm going to the External Cephalic Version clinic at the hospital Thursday morning. I really hope baby flipped. I begged to be seen early because of baby's size.

#859 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:34 AM

Baby is head down! Doing some weird downward dog yoga position with the bum sticking out but I'll take it!

Midwife reviewed the result and cancelled my ECV clinic appointment.

Hopingformiracle - Did you join me in week 35?

#860 hopingformiracle

hopingformiracle
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 02:41 PM

Hi beautiful ladies!!!!

Canadamommy -  I'm glad  the scary episode turned out to be nothing and you and baby are doing well.

Cotton - Good to hear that your baby flipped. Lets cross fingers the baby will  keep that position until delivery. Good Luck!!!! And yes  I became 35 weeks yesterday, I am so happy i made it through after all.

afm- On Tuesday i had my non stress test which took the whole day. At the high risk clinic they couldn't monitor properly as babies were moving too much and HB measurements for babu B were really crazy.I was there for 2 and half hr and no success. My back was so painful.... Then i was remitted to the labor and assessment unit where the test was repeated plus an ultrasound for doppler. Fortunately, everything was great with both babies, just moving too much despite their size and no room for that. Baby A flipped from breech position but it is not totally headdown.

I was scheduled for C-section for the coming Tuesday... with bittersweet taste. Happy  bcz I will finally meet my babies but a little sad bcz of the cesarean. The good thing is that only few days left bcz the belly is getting really bad to manage.

• returnable likes this

#861 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 312 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:37 PM

Omg good luck Hoping!! So close! Hope you get lots of rest this weekend. 

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#862 London919

London919
  • Global 100+
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:54 PM

Hello ladies 

Hoping good luck on Tuesday you made it . Have a safe delivery.

Cotton glad the baby flipped down 

candamommy glad you were ok too 

Afm 34 weeks and boy I am a stuff turkey baby doing fine taking all my room  up in my stomach. I will be going to the doctors every week from this point moving forward.  During ultrasound yesterday they said my fluid was elevated so they are going to keep an eye on that. Doctor said I am great candidate for vbac so I am going to keep it going until I go in natural labor hope it all works out . Finally purchasing baby things . What kind of bassinet do you all have?

#863 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:45 PM

Hopingformiracle - Is there a reason you're doing a c section or did the doctor say it was safer? Realistically it's probably 50/50 you would have got one anyway with a twin and its alittle safer to do it from the beginning than have a trial of labour. If baby A is still flipping around it would have been a roll of the dice anyway. I'm curious to find out how much they weigh! Good luck on Tuesday!

London - We got this bassinet because we had to retire the crib, we didn't have room for it. I was looking into getting a mini crib but they are so expensive. I kind of spazzed out assembling it and tore off some of the foam padding and had to tape it back on. I would order your bassinet now because things have been going out of stock left and right

https://www.babiesru...t/64DFDAE8.html

AFM - I am still going back and forth on a hospital vs home birth if I go into labour naturally on time. We don't really have a place to park our son where I'm confident social distancing has been happening and I don't think he needs to hear me do the last bit of dilation and transition and of course you can't control what time of day that happens. On the other hand, it would be nice to skip the covid situation at the hospital. I will ask them to start membrane strips week 37 but those only work if your cervix was already starting to ripen on its own

#864 London919

London919
  • Global 100+
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:22 PM

Cotton thank you I will be ordering tonight.

#865 hopingformiracle

hopingformiracle
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:37 PM

Thank you all for the good wishes.

Cotton - My doctor always mentioned i was a 50/50 candidate for any of them. She suggested vaginal bcz she said that i was really healthy and I could try, but her concern always was that babies were too big for their age so that's why she was talking about c-section. Anyways i will mention to the OB before proceeding.

Honestly i just want to finish with this on Tuesday, no matter what they decide to do. I do not have words to express how bad I have been feeling this past days, counting down!!!!!.

Take care and good luck to you all!!!!!

#866 Jay01

Jay01
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:39 PM

Hey Everyone + thanks Hoping for checking on me via private message!

Hoping – so excited for your for Tuesday... I can't imagine how excited you must be, so close. Please tell us all the details as soon as you feel up to it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you for safe delivery.

London, good luck shopping for baby stuff, wow you are brave to leave it this late. I'm lucky in that my hubs LOVES shopping and has taken care of most of it:) I too, am getting to 34 weeks tomorrow.

Cotton – I keep watching home birth videos too and dreaming of having a home birth as opposed to this crappy situation where partners are not allowed in the waiting area and one may get stuck there alone for a while... plus they look so peaceful, relatively speaking. My hospital also doesn't have tubs and I have a perfect tub in the middle of our bedroom at home!

Pandora – how are you doing?

Canadamommy – any more Braxton Hicks? How are you holding up otherwise?

AFM – 6 more weeks max to go [due to age, they will not allow me to go overtime] – feels unreal, and I'm HUGE. I keep touching the belly in disbelief. Excited and terrified about the birth, given that it is my first and really not sure what to expect. We signed up for a class, but it is not coming up until June 19th – hopefully we make it that far. It is so strange to see the belly do its own thing now, and I feel like I am in an Alien movie. Does anyone know if it is too late to get a midwife and do the home thing? I am really not sure I'd be brave enough to go through it though as I keep thinking that if anything goes wrong and the baby would need to be in the hospital I would never forgive myself... any thoughts? Are you all going the hospital route?

Age 44 [DH 47], high AMH 5.0 ng/mL [measured at 42y10m]

IVF #1 [Dec 2018 @ age of 43y4m], ER: 23 eggs collected, 6 blasts, PGS results: all 6 abnormal

IVF #2 [Mar 2019 @ age of 43y7m], ER: 26 eggs collected, 4 blasts, PGS results: 1 low level mosaic, 3 abnormal

IVF #3 [June 2019 @ age of 43y10m], ER: 28, eggs collected, 6 blasts, PGS results: 1 normal, 1 high level mosaic, 4 abnormal

FET #1 [Sep 2019, Age 44]: transferred our only normal from IVF#3, BFN

FET #2 [Oct 2019, Age 44]: transferred 2 mosaics from IVF#2 + IVF#3, BFP!!!

HPT 6dp6dt: negative [not even a squinter], tested 9dp6dt: positive!

BETA#1: 12dp6dt: 121, BETA#2: 14dp6dt: 336, BETA#3 18dp6dt: 1465

Ultrasound #1: @6weeks+6days: Heartbeat 125, 6.92mm heart.gif

Ultrasound #2: @7weeks+6days: Heartbeat 154, 1.4cm heart.gif heart.gif

May 22, 2020 update – now 34 weeks pregnant with a baby boy babyboy.gif, due July 4th.

#867 London919

London919
  • Global 100+
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:23 PM

Hello jay yes I am going to the hospital I am not brave enough to stay home lol I am too scared. Yes and the baby do feel like a alien I be amazed like omg look at my stomach Moving. Welcome to 34 weeks we almost there.

#868 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:29 PM

Jay - it may not be too late for a midwife. You can call and ask if they have space. They would have to go over your risk factors for the home birth. Only low risk women are candidates. Home births are safe because they screen for risk factors and they transfer you for "pink flags". I was a "failed" homebirth with my son because I had premature rupture of membranes with meconium. 50% of first time moms in Ontario attempting a home birth end up at the hospital because of "pink flags". Home births are about as safe as hospital births because they transfer before you're in a full blown emergency. Even if you end up with a hospital birth if you don't have complications you can be discharged a few hours after. If you become high risk you get transferred to an OB then back to the midwives if you go back to being low risk. The midwives are the primary care provider for baby until they hand you off to your family doctor or pediatrician. They come to your house after birth a few times and give you extra attention for breastfeeding.

The peaceful home births are to crunchy experienced moms usually, so take those with a grain of salt. icon_wink.gif

Have any of you ladies heard of a groaning cake? It sounds like such a good idea. I remember after my son was born I was so hungry I found myself eating a bowl of raisin bran butt naked at the kitchen counter in the middle of the night.

https://amimckay.com...-groaning-cake/

I'm looking at this one with some cream cheese frosting.

#869 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:58 AM

I think I just loss the mucus plug ;-( ive been having a really bad braxton hick for the pass couple days. Or... could it be just a blood cloth from the cervix check when I was in the hospital 5days ago? ;-( im only 34w and really dont want this little man to come out just yet ;-(
Hubby 43

#870 London919

London919
  • Global 100+
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:30 AM

Canadamommy was it bright red? I have heard some people lose their mucus plug and still go about 2 weeks before they deliver. Are you having any pain ?

#871 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:33 PM

You can lose pieces of your plug a month before but the bleeding with the braxton hicks is concerning. I assume you called your ob? I don't think this will be a 40 week baby but hopefully you make it to at least 37 weeks. I hope everything works out

Are you still breech? If you're gonna get a detailed ultrasound maybe they can try an ECV after?

#872 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 03:10 PM

hopingformiracle - I hope your procedure went well and your babies arrived without event

canadamommy - I hope you didn't have a baby but if you did everything went ok!

Is anybody else swelling up with this hot weather?

#873 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 791 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 09:17 AM

Thanks Cotton. Th e baby is still going strong and breeching 😂😂
London - it was brown and pink not bright red like bloody show. I assuming it was just from thr cervix swab 😂 BH is still going strong as well but it not as frequency like it was.
Hubby 43

#874 London919

London919
  • Global 100+
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:17 PM

Hello ladies How are you

hopingforamiracle your delivery went well

Canadamommy glad you holding on

Cotton yes I am starting to swell a little

Well today I am 35 weeks baby in my rib still uncomfortable but glad to have had made it this far . Baby weigh about 6 pounds Just patiently waiting . Hope you ladies doing well,

#875 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 322 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 AM

London - rib kicks are great, it means baby is head down and anterior posterior, ideal delivery position

Canadamommy - I read you can get BH with a breech baby because the uterus is trying to flip it. Have you thought about doing the spinning baby moves when you're getting the BH?

I'm having alot of tenderness in my upper abdomen. I think I strained a muscle but I'm starting to worry. It seems to be steadily getting worse