October FET

• Please log in to reply
929 replies to this topic

#51 Nbee

Nbee
  • 27 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

So I might be out before I even started! My lining was 6.8 on my first scan and they upped my estrace and told me to come back. Then my second scan it was 5.94. I asked how it could have decreased and was told it could be the doctor measuring or the ultrasound. Has this ever happened to anyone? Anyways I have to continue on meds and go back again next week for one more check and probably my cycle to be cancelled :(

#52 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts
  • My Clinic:Trio

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

So I might be out before I even started! My lining was 6.8 on my first scan and they upped my estrace and told me to come back. Then my second scan it was 5.94. I asked how it could have decreased and was told it could be the doctor measuring or the ultrasound. Has this ever happened to anyone? Anyways I have to continue on meds and go back again next week for one more check and probably my cycle to be cancelled :(

What day of the cycle were those? It happened to me once. I was 6.4 on cd3 then I went back at cd10 it went down to 4 something. Then couple days later it went back up to like 8 within 2 days.

I believe those meds can sometime cause the thin lining once you started.
  • Cric7 likes this
Hubby 43

Trying to conceive : 2 years
IUI : 4 failed
IVF#1 : 19 folical, 19 retrieved, 11 fertilized with ICIS
FET#1, #2 : FAILED 😭😭
FET#3 : our Son, Alexander was born November 2015 🎉🎉🎉🎂😍💖

Sibling project is started ^^ 😊😊😊
FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
12w NT SCAN showed 10mm Cystic hygroma(didnt get the result until 15w ;-( ;-( )
NIPT low risk all 3 Trisomy 13, 18, 21
17w1d : Diagonsed with 11m cystic hygroma +hydrops
17w2d : Disgnosed with Hypo plastic right heart syndrome
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

TTC our rainbow baby girl (if possible)
FET#5 : transfered perfect 6AA fully hatched
10dp5dt : 428 Progesterone 60
12dp5dt : 709 (not quite double) progesterone 50
14dp5dt: 1457 Progesterone 49
19dp5dt: 6158 Progesterone ?
7w u/s gestrational sac measure 6w2d no fetal pole or heart beat
10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

Continue our sibling Progect. We will bring home our rainbow this time!!

#53 Nbee

Nbee
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

What day of the cycle were those? It happened to me once. I was 6.4 on cd3 then I went back at cd10 it went down to 4 something. Then couple days later it went back up to like 8 within 2 days.

Thats cycle day 14 and 21. My clinic does the first ultrasound on cd14 and apparently only about 50 percent of patients are ready on cd14. But Im frustrated they didnt bring me back between CD14 and CD21. I only needed to grow a tiny bit more.

#54 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:54 PM

Thats cycle day 14 and 21. My clinic does the first ultrasound on cd14 and apparently only about 50 percent of patients are ready on cd14. But Im frustrated they didnt bring me back between CD14 and CD21. I only needed to grow a tiny bit more.

Is this medicated cycle? I wish I could show you my progress. I had it written down. Anyway I really hope it will grow nicely thicker for you soon. Have you tried pom juice?
Hubby 43

FET #4 (2017) (Natural FET, estrace day3-7, hcg trigger shot, low does hcg every 3 days after transfer)
Cd3 : lining 4.1Cd9 : lining 7.1Cd10 : lining 8.6 tripple line+trigger shot good to go.
Dec2 : transfered 1 5AA BlastoBeta#1 (9dp5dt) 388 !!!!Beta#2 (12dp5dt) 798 !!!!!!! Im officially PREGNANT !!! ;-)
18w4d : TMFR. Our hearts are shattered. Our little sleeping angel baby girl Cicely Bella Veighey was born @2:30.She was beautiful just like her name. She was so loved and so wanted. Mommy and daddy and your big brother will love you forever !!!Sibling project continue with the hole in our heart.Hoping to

10w gestrational sac still the same 6w2d still no fetal pole or heart beat. Diagnosed with Blighted ovum ;( took Misoprostole to end the pregnancy and spotting for 8w until beta turned back to 0.

#55 Nbee

Nbee
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:02 PM

Is this medicated cycle? I wish I could show you my progress. I had it written down. Anyway I really hope it will grow nicely thicker for you soon. Have you tried pom juice?

Yep its medicated. Im drinking Pom, red raspberry leaf tea, doing uterine lining yoga, using a hot pack, going for walks. Legs on the wall poses, vitamin e. You name it Im doing it haha.

#56 Cric7

Cric7
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:RCC

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:30 PM

Nbee, my fingers are crossed that your next check passes!

Pandora, absolutely take that extra day off! I contemplated an extra day but figured Id have more anxiety not going to work, lol.

Cotton, Im in full agreement on these bruises! Im so impressed you could do the pio yourself... I had to stay home for my first one so hubby could do it. I had no issues injecting my stomach for ivf, but just couldnt do these ones!

Mojo, did you have your transfer?

Piano, welcome! How are you doing with the 2ww?
Bohgirl, welcome also! Happy to give support! This process can definitely be isolating!

Afm, Im only 2dp5dt. I foolishly plan to test tomorrow, with ZERO expectations. But its hubbys bday and Im optimistic. If its a bfn, Ill wait til Monday (my bday... and a popular transfer date it seems!). We had assisted hatching also, so maybe theres a chance for early bfp!

Im exhausted, sore from bruises, my stomach is feeling off and Im freezing. Started getting a sore throat, maybe coming down with something? Im also having weird dreams like others, and waking up at 4:30 am since the transfer. Had mild cramping since yesterday. Hoping that feeling like crap is a positive sign, lol.

A bunch of transfers coming up! Keep positive everyone!!

#57 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:55 PM

Nbee that didn't happen to me but I've heard of it happening to many women. I guess just be glad the embryo is on ice and you can try again another month if it comes to that

Cric7 - I find fertility has alot of weird coincidences. Our baby was born the day a relative died. We're transferring on a grandmother's birthdate.

It's easier for me to do it myself before my husband is up, otherwise we'd have a third set of hands "helping". I spoke too soon about my injection not hurting, now I feel like I can feel three separate charlie horses where there have been injections. I might have to switch progesterone at his rate. I'll try to tough it out until we get either a 0 or a solid HCG

#58 yaenaSK

yaenaSK
  • Global 100+
  • 969 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:48 PM

Hi ladies -

Popping in and following along - I might be starting the process this month, though in all honesty I won't get to actually transfer until November for sure. I did a FET in August that resulted in a BFP, but miscarried just shy of 9 weeks. I've been cleared to do a transfer again as soon as my period returns (likely in a few weeks), so I'm just getting my head back in the game, so to speak. I have one DD, from an IVF cycle in 2017.

I see a couple of familiar faces here - hope this month brings good news for so many :)

Me: 38

DH: 43

June, July, Aug, Sep 2016: IUI. All BFN.

January 2017: IVF #1. 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 - BFP! DD born 10/08/17. heart.gif (2 embryos frozen)

Nov 2018: FET #1. 1 transferred. Chemical pregnancy.

Dect 2018: FET #2. Last embryo transferred. BFN.

April 2019: IVF #2. 16 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized. 1 transferred on day 5 (5 frozen). Chemical pregnancy again.

Aug 2019: FET #3. 1 transferred - BFP!  Lost HB at 9 week U/S. MMC.  cry.gif

Nov 2019: FET #4. 1 transferred - BFP again! DD due Aug 6/20

#59 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 71 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:22 AM

Hi ladies! It looks like we will be joining the FET club after our failed fresh transfer. I know nothing about FETs as this will be my first. I suspect we will do a medicated cycle, are there any protocols or tests that give you better odds? For example, is it worth it to do a mock cycle? Ive read about some scratch test to choose best implantation date, has anyone done that? Is the progesterone in oil better than the suppositories? So many question!

#60 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 11:15 AM

The different progesterones are supposed to be equally effective. I chose the PIO because I was worried I'd flake out and forget the 3x a day suppositories, but the estrace is 3x a day and I seem to be remembering that. The shots are a constant mild pain. I don't know that I'd do the shots again.

#61 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:36 PM

Welcome to the group OakvilleMama and YaenaSK. I am so sorry to hear about bfn and miscarriage hun. This infertility journey sucks!!
Hubby 43

#62 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:36 PM

We are all so strong though ladies. We can do this!!
Hubby 43

#63 hockeynet

hockeynet
  • Global 100+
  • 110 posts
  • My Clinic:One Fertility

Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:50 PM

Hi Everyone,

Jumping in to this busy month of FET! Just coming off a BFN FET last month, and thawing another frostie straight away. Lining good and progesterone started. Transfer date Oct 7th. 

New to me is PIO shots. My partner just did the first one on Friday and I barely felt it! Must have been beginners luck. I have to do a few on my own, and I have a feeling they won't go as smoothly...

Wishing luck to the many ladies who have transferred and will be transferring soon!

More about me in profile

#64 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:37 PM

hockeynet - I think you're the 3rd lady transferring on Monday! Are you transferring 1 or 2?

Can I ask why you are new to PIO? I see from your profile you are not new to FETs.

I don't find the PIO shots much worse than the stim shots. It is a little tricky twisting while keeping that butt cheek relaxed, but I don't find it that bad.

#65 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 06:48 AM

Hockeynet - welcome to our little growing group. Its good to see you hear. Im so sorry about BFN. I hope this month is it for all of us ;-)

Cotton - when I took my PIO the injection site would swell and they were itchy for weeks. 😂
Hubby 43

#66 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:24 AM

The PIO shots hurt after the fact, but actually doing them I find to be only a little bit trickier than the stim shots. I did legs and cardio at the gym yesterday and that seems to help a bunch, actually.

#67 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

Welcome Yaena, OakvilleMama & hockeynet. So sorry for previous transfers didnt go as you had hoped.

Transfer was today and went well! A fully hatched 6AB embaby. Not painful and no spotting after. I did acupuncture before and after. I also drank less water this time compared to last to avoid having to pee immediately after transfer and was able to wait 15 mins lol. Going to try take it easy today and tomorrow.
  • yaenaSK likes this

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#68 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

Yay! Ill keep my fingers cross for you pandora. Now the 2ww begins ;-)
Hubby 43

#69 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

Why Tuesday cant come soon enough ;-) im having another u/s and cant wait to see where im at ;-)
Hubby 43

#70 hockeynet

hockeynet
  • Global 100+
  • 110 posts
  • My Clinic:One Fertility

Posted 06 October 2019 - 09:26 PM

Cotton - yes, I'm not new to FET that's for sure. All my previous cycles I was on the progesterone suppositories, and since I had had success before, clinic never suggested anything different. Not sure why the change this time, as honestly I don't think it's a uterus/lining issue; my embryos just seem to run out of steam before they reach implantation stage. But I don't think PIO will hurt my chances, so why not?

Good luck to the many transfers going on tomorrow!

More about me in profile

#71 pandora89

pandora89
  • Global 100+
  • 313 posts
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 07 October 2019 - 06:52 AM

Good luck to everyone transferring today!

Cric7 - did you end up testing?

AFM I am itching to start testing even though I am only 1dpt. I think last time I started testing at 4dpt. I am taking hcg boosters again this time around, last time I got a positive at 4dp which I knew I would but then had to retest over the next couple days to see if the line was getting positive or staying around the same (positive) or getting lighter (negative). But I also had crazy high betas last time so not sure if the same method will work this time around lol. I have also started symptom watching already and had some dark brown spotting in the evening once and my mind immediately went to implantation bleeding, when it is likely just related to my transfer.

Me - 30 H - 32

TTC #1 since Dec 2013

October 2015 - AMH .43

IVF #1 - Jan 2016. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 matured, 0 fertilized.

IVF#2 - Jan 2016, Converted to IUI -BFN

IVF#3 - Feb 2017
10dp5dt - BFP Beta #1 55. 12dp5dt Beta  #2 132 Beta # 3 332 Beta #4 172,. Ectopic pregnancy in left tube. Pregnancy resolved itself.

FET #1 July 2017 - BFN

FET #2 August 17, 2017 - BFP Beta #1 10dp5dt - 800 , Beta #2 - 1501

08/08/2017 - Ultrasound 5 weeks 6 days shows 1 baby measuring right on track with heartbeat of 110 bpm!! yahoo.gif

14/08/2017 - Ultrasound measuring 6 weeks 6 days at 6 weeks 5 days, heartbeat of 138 BPM.

EDD - 04/05/2018 - Baby BOY! babyboy.gif

DS born May 7th, 2018.

Time for a sibling - No frosties, back to IVF

IVF #1 - 11 retrieved, 7 mature, 1 fertlized, did not make it to blast.

IVF #2 - 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 5 day blast frozen (5AB)

FET October 2019 - Natural FET cycle with trigger shot & HCG boosters. BFP HCG 10dp5dt - 316 12dp5dt - 687

Ultrasound at 6w1d shows perfect little baby, heart-rate 110BPM yahoo.gif

EDD - 22/06/2020 - Baby GIRL! babygirl.gif

#72 Canadamommy2

Canadamommy2
  • Global 100+
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:56 AM

Good luck to everyone transferring today!

Cric7 - did you end up testing?

AFM I am itching to start testing even though I am only 1dpt. I think last time I started testing at 4dpt. I am taking hcg boosters again this time around, last time I got a positive at 4dp which I knew I would but then had to retest over the next couple days to see if the line was getting positive or staying around the same (positive) or getting lighter (negative). But I also had crazy high betas last time so not sure if the same method will work this time around lol. I have also started symptom watching already and had some dark brown spotting in the evening once and my mind immediately went to implantation bleeding, when it is likely just related to my transfer.

Wow girl, we can totally be related. I did test even I had a hcg booster too LOL. Anyway good luck if ever decided to test!!

And YES GOOD LUCK to anyone transferring today and to the rest of us ;-)

Afm, lining check tomorrow. Its cd10 ;-) hopefully follicle and lining will cooperate ;-)
Hubby 43

#73 piano88

piano88
  • Just Hatched
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Georgia Reproductive Medixjne

Posted 07 October 2019 - 03:42 PM

Hi, everyone! We did a fresh transfer of 2 blastocysts last Monday, and we have our beta test tomorrow (Tuesday). We were able to freeze two blasts. Im 37 with unexplained infertility.

#74 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:15 PM

How did the Monday transfers go?!?!?

Mine was fine. I've had worse pap smears.

When are you ladies going to start testing? There is only one in the house and if I don't give it to my husband I don't know how long I can last.

#75 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

Pandora- what a good strategy re: not drinking lots of water for transfer! Congrats on the transfer! I was wondering about testing 1dpt too because had a lot of cramping but held back.  I’m now 4dp5dt and debating/trying to get up the nerve!

Piano- congrats on your transfer! Here is to hoping these little ones stick for you!

Nbee- so sorry to hear about a potential cancelled cycle. Any news? 

Cric- did you end up testing? Hope you are feeling ok! And does assisted hatching mean quicker implantation?

Cotton- I also spoke too soon re: PIO injections not hurting! The heating pad has become my best friend. Have you been finding any relief yet? Congrats on the transfers! I’m debating testing tomorrow morning at 5dp5dt but also wondering if I should hold out to day 7!

Yaena- Welcome, I think we were on the same IVF board a while back. So sorry to hear about your miscarriage and welcome back to FET. Here is to hoping this next cycle will be positive for you!

Oakville- Just make sure your lining is nice and thick! And acupuncture has been proven to help with implantation so it may be with looking into. 

Hockey- welcome! I think we were in another group together and so sorry to hear about your BFN. Hope you are doing OK with the PIO shots and had a great transfer today!

Canada- good luck with your u/s tomorrow!

Over here, I’m 4dp5dt and feeling tired with cramps every once and a while (that also could be gas pains lol). Did a lot more walking than planned this weekend but I think it was for the best since I do normally walk quite a bit. Thinking of testing tomorrow morning!

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif