Successfully Pregnant after Sperm Donation treatment, Any advice? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Successfully Pregnant after Sperm Donation treatment, Any advice?

ivf sperm donation

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

Hi guys I'm Maeve, 35, from Ireland!

Just confirmed two weeks ago that I am finally pregnant. Me and my wife went abroad and got a sperm donation treatment. I am incredibly excited to become a parent. Would like to know if you guys have any advice for me? Would also love to know your IVF stories!

• RozaLogue likes this

#2 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 446 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 25 July 2019 - 08:48 PM

Congratulations! I hope the rest of the time goes smoothly.

You might find the PG after IVF board or the Due Date Buddies board helpful too!

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#3 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:48 AM

Congratulations! I hope the rest of the time goes smoothly.

You might find the PG after IVF board or the Due Date Buddies board helpful too!

Thank you so much! Did u get IVF too?

#4 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 446 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:50 AM

Ive done three fresh rounds, all negative. A known egg donor cycle resulted in no blasts. Now about to start a transfer using frozen donor eggs. Hopefully it will work out!
  • SophieDonsworthXX likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#5 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:57 PM

Ive done three fresh rounds, all negative. A known egg donor cycle resulted in no blasts. Now about to start a transfer using frozen donor eggs. Hopefully it will work out!

Goodluck!! My prayers are with you, where are you getting your treatment?

#6 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:00 PM

Great post!

Thankyou! did you get ivf too?

#7 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

The only thing I can think of would be to save every piece of information about the donor that you can.

#8 SophieDonsworthXX

SophieDonsworthXX
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:41 AM

Congrats! make sure you eat right and don't tire yourself too much.

If you don't mind me askin, Where did you get your treatment and how much did you spend for it? 

#9 SophieDonsworthXX

SophieDonsworthXX
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:56 PM

The only thing I can think of would be to save every piece of information about the donor that you can.

Hello Cotton, I guess anonymous donors to you are out of the question.  I had a known donor too and the clinic was very cooperative in providing information.  How was your experience?  

#10 SophieDonsworthXX

SophieDonsworthXX
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:59 PM

How did your transfer go Daisy?

#11 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:23 PM

If you don't mind me askin, Where did you get your treatment and how much did you spend for it? 

Hello Sophie, I haven't been around lately.  But to answer your question I had mine in Cyprus, in a clinic named Dunya IVF.  Sperm donation there is 4000 euros.

#12 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:25 PM

Hello Cotton, yes we opted for a known donor, but we were happy with the info given in his file.  What specific info do you think we should ask for?

#13 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

Hello Cotton, I guess anonymous donors to you are out of the question.  I had a known donor too and the clinic was very cooperative in providing information.  How was your experience?  

We didn't need to use a donor, but with the closed donors I noticed the clinic sometimes includes PDFs and voice samples, etc. I imagine the child would be very interested in them.

#14 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:35 AM

Hello Cotton, yes we opted for a known donor, but we were happy with the info given in his file.  What specific info do you think we should ask for?

If its a known donor its less critical because you can ask for info in the future.

#15 Maeve88Troy

Maeve88Troy
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:39 AM

If its a known donor its less critical because you can ask for info in the future.

So true Cotton, we want the child to feel it is not a problem whether or not he feels he wants to know.  Right now, DH and I are agreeing that even as early as when he is a baby we will find ways to introduce to him how he was made giggle.gif

#16 SophieDonsworthXX

SophieDonsworthXX
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:52 PM

Hello Sophie, I haven't been around lately.  But to answer your question I had mine in Cyprus, in a clinic named Dunya IVF.  Sperm donation there is 4000 euros.

Same here, I went to Dunya.  How is your pregnancy?  I'm 33 weeks 2 days now.

#17 SophieDonsworthXX

SophieDonsworthXX
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:54 PM

We didn't need to use a donor, but with the closed donors I noticed the clinic sometimes includes PDFs and voice samples, etc. I imagine the child would be very interested in them.

That is true, a lot of donor egg or sperm babies want to search for their bio parents.  

#18 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:00 AM

Congrats,  I came across many positive reviews of Dunya, and they have 5* reviews

#19 SophieDonsworthXX

SophieDonsworthXX
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 07:11 AM

Congrats,  I came across many positive reviews of Dunya, and they have 5* reviews

Hi dear, yes if i read right they are now No. 4 in the world.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ivf, sperm donation