• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TOGirl

TOGirl
  • Cyclebase
  • 224 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

I am very interested in doing acupuncture but I quite simply cannot afford the cost of this additional treatment on top of what I am already paying to the clinic. I have no insurance coverage for any of my fertility treatments, and only 20.00 per session for acupuncture. This will obviously not go far with the $70-80 per treatment rates I have been quoted by the major centres (not to mention over 100.00 for the consult!). Does any one have any suggestions near to downtown toronto for a reliable, safe acupuncturist that might be more in my price range? I saw there are a couple of schools- has anyone tried this?
Thank you for any suggestions!
Me: 31 DH: 30
TTC since Oct 2006- low ovarian reserve
Sept 2007-surgery to remove mild endo, May 2008- IUI #1- BFN
IVF #1 August 08 BFN (4 embies frozen) (Gonal F plus repronex)
FET #1 Sept 26th: transfered 2 3-day embies with assisted hatching, Beta Oct 10 BFN
FET #2 w fragmin, predinsone, aspirin: October 31st transfer- Beta Nov 14- positive! m/c
IVF #2: Transfered 4 3-day embies. None to freeze. Bravellle/menopur with fragmin and prednisone. BFN
Switched clinics
IVF 3#: DHEA, Coenzyme Q10 in prep. Long antagonist protocol w Gonal and Menopur. Transfered 2 blasts, 1 cav morula May 26th.
Early beta: 50, 2nd beta: 232!!
1st ultrasound- 1 perfect heartbeat! 2nd ultrasound- looking good!
17 week and 19 week ultrasounds- showing a baby girl!
Baby girl born healthy at 41 weeks- what a miracle!

#2 Tash

Tash
  • 591 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:was Mount Sinai, then Create, now FSF

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:18 PM

Sorry to bud in, but have you tried the Robert Schade Naturopathic clinic at Leslie and Sheppard, right on the subway line at Leslie Station? When I went, it was $35 a session, but that was a couple years ago....

www.ccnm.edu

A student worked on me, but I met with their supervisor at every session at least twice.

It's not downtown, but it's on the subway line....

Tash
ttc 6 years, me 36, dh 36
IUI x 4 - BFN, BFN, BFN, BFN
IVF #1 - Ectopic - caused left tube blockage - BFN
IVF #2 - BFN, IVF #3 - FET - 3 frosties - BFN
DH had Vericoseles surgery - count up from 2M to 40M
DNA Fragmentation - 25, 27, 29 - not good
Male Factor - he is taking Fertile One Supplements
IVF #4 - May 3, 2007 - Surprise another BFN
IVF #5 - FET - July 6 cancelled. Hydrosalpinx salpingectomy surgery Sept. 14
IVF #5 Again- FET Oct 18... POAS 6dp3dt (faint line), Beta October 31 - BFP 365 - 13dp3dt
Beta#2 - 670, Beta#3 - 1473, Beta#4 - 4473, Beta#5 - 9543
Ultrasound - November 17 - Twins! Twin A heartbeat 165
Ultrasound to detect Twin B's Heart beat - November 21 - Heart Never Started to Beat. RIP little one.
7w6d Beta 56,003 - Hematoma (4.1 cm) and 4 weeks bedrest. Ultrasound every Wednesday.
12w4d - Hematoma gone completely. Back to work January 2. Baby is healthy. hb 154
It's a girl!!! Born July 19, 12:05am, 7 pounds 14 ounces
Liljana Stavroula - our little "Lily"
IVF #6 -FET - Sept 30, 2009 - one 5 cell & two 7 cell - BIG BFN
IVF #7 - FET November 25. Beta-December 9, please send me your prayers - BFN
4/11/2010 - Natural BFP. Don't understand how with all our issues. In shock!
Due Date: December 8, 2010 - One little miracle! It's a Boy!!!!
Mattias Anton born November 30th, 8:45am, 8 pounds 5 ounces - Mats, Welcome to my World!

#3 TOGirl

TOGirl
  • Cyclebase
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

Thanks Tash. I have decided to try out the Shiatsu School of Canada- it is just at College a bit west of bathurst and they have a student clinic (supervised by practioners). I am going to try it out- just $20.00 for an hour! I will let you all know how it is.
Me: 31 DH: 30
TTC since Oct 2006- low ovarian reserve
Sept 2007-surgery to remove mild endo, May 2008- IUI #1- BFN
IVF #1 August 08 BFN (4 embies frozen) (Gonal F plus repronex)
FET #1 Sept 26th: transfered 2 3-day embies with assisted hatching, Beta Oct 10 BFN
FET #2 w fragmin, predinsone, aspirin: October 31st transfer- Beta Nov 14- positive! m/c
IVF #2: Transfered 4 3-day embies. None to freeze. Bravellle/menopur with fragmin and prednisone. BFN
Switched clinics
IVF 3#: DHEA, Coenzyme Q10 in prep. Long antagonist protocol w Gonal and Menopur. Transfered 2 blasts, 1 cav morula May 26th.
Early beta: 50, 2nd beta: 232!!
1st ultrasound- 1 perfect heartbeat! 2nd ultrasound- looking good!
17 week and 19 week ultrasounds- showing a baby girl!
Baby girl born healthy at 41 weeks- what a miracle!

#4 hoping_it_will

hoping_it_will
  • 1000+
  • 1156 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

Thanks Tash. I have decided to try out the Shiatsu School of Canada- it is just at College a bit west of bathurst and they have a student clinic (supervised by practioners). I am going to try it out- just $20.00 for an hour! I will let you all know how it is.

Hi TO Girl,

How have you been? Another place to check out is the Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences (on St.Patrick St-righ near univ ave). I had a friend who did acupuncture there-and they had student rates as well. (this was 2years ago). Check them out if you don't like the one you are trying now. There were pretty cheap rates if it was done by an acu-student.

HIW :wavey:
Successful after 3 IVF and 1 FET. (1 chemical pg)
Blessed to have a beautiful set of twins!
Our journey to complete our family is now done-we are very thankful.

#5 one-hit_wonder

one-hit_wonder
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland/CRC/Hannam

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:28 PM

I'm beginning treatments at the Institute of Traditional Medicine, which is on Queen St. W. The school has a student clinic, supervised by doctors, and acupuncture is $5 per session, plus a non-perishable food item. Can't get much cheaper than that! Here's the web page: http://instituteoftr...om/clinics.html

Also, the Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine has a student clinic; sessions cost $20. Here's the web page: http://www.tstcm.com...ial_offers.html

As well, when I've walked through Chinatown, I've seen advertisements for acupuncturists, with prices ranging from $25-$45.

Hope that helps!
Dx: Severe male factor and borderline PCOS.
Treatments: Clomid, IUI/injects, IVF/ICSI (1st BFP ever, then m/c), FET/AH.

IVF #2 (long protocol)
BFP - EDD Jan 18, 2010

My beloved daughter was born January 2010.

Suspected m/c Dec 2011.

Attempting FET in summer of 2012.

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

I'm beginning treatments at the Institute of Traditional Medicine, which is on Queen St. W. The school has a student clinic, supervised by doctors, and acupuncture is $5 per session, plus a non-perishable food item. Can't get much cheaper than that! Here's the web page: http://instituteoftr...om/clinics.html

Also, the Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine has a student clinic; sessions cost $20. Here's the web page: http://www.tstcm.com...ial_offers.html

As well, when I've walked through Chinatown, I've seen advertisements for acupuncturists, with prices ranging from $25-$45.

Hope that helps!

I have my first acupuncture appointment with the Toronto School of Traditional Chinese Medicine. I have already taken so much time off due my loss earlier this year that this was the only clinic that had convenient hours and location was close to work.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will help and that I will able to get appointments after work hours.

I want to do at least 3 months of acupunture before we move onto IVF...in the meantime, we're going to try naturally as well...

Anyone have any experience with this School's clinical services?

#7 Tina37

Tina37
  • Advisor
  • 998 posts
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:49 PM

I am very interested in doing acupuncture but I quite simply cannot afford the cost of this additional treatment on top of what I am already paying to the clinic. I have no insurance coverage for any of my fertility treatments, and only 20.00 per session for acupuncture. This will obviously not go far with the $70-80 per treatment rates I have been quoted by the major centres (not to mention over 100.00 for the consult!). Does any one have any suggestions near to downtown toronto for a reliable, safe acupuncturist that might be more in my price range? I saw there are a couple of schools- has anyone tried this?

Hi, there is a place I go it's at Spadina and Dundas. If you pay for 5 sessions the cost is $20per session there is a $10 consultation fee. So good price and he know's what he is doing. PM me if you want the number.

Tina
Me 40 DH 43IVF 2008 BFPFET 20011 BFNIVF mini Stim 2012 BFNOnto FInal IVF April 2012.Long ProtocolVit-supplementsCoQ10Omega 3 fish oilProgressive prenatal VitB-ComplexFolic Acid 5mg dailyVit-CAcupuncture pre and post ET. Highly recommend this!ET April 30thBFP May 10th 10dp3dt2dp3dt noticed cramping on the left side, pain went down my leg.3dp3dt Cramping continue's till 6dp3dt on and off.6dp3dt noticed breast tenderness9dp3dt continued changes in bbs.10dp3dt BFP hpt6 week US May 29th. Saw Heartbeat!Come on little bean, keep growing! Nicolas born Oct 31 @ 28 weeks. Spent 10 weeks in the NICU. Home and doing great!

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

Hi, there is a place I go it's at Spadina and Dundas. If you pay for 5 sessions the cost is $20per session there is a $10 consultation fee. So good price and he know's what he is doing. PM me if you want the number.

Tina

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

there is a clinic on Yonge and Sheppard. $10 for a visit. Quite place, so you can relax during the treatment. They also made me a head massage. A supervisor who works there on Mondays seems to be really nice.
http://octcm.com/eng...ent_clinic.html

I also went to the Institute of Traditional Medicine. Kotlab, who runs his own fertility acupuncture practice, supervises students on Mondays. But it is very noisy there.

#10 New Balance

New Balance
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:New Balance Medicare centre

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

Here is one option for you, we are located at yonge and finch, and we accept insurance, here is our website http://www.toholistichealth.ca get 15% off of online booking

#11 abm

abm
  • Global 100+
  • 224 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Just booked an appointment here (friend recommendation): http://torontoacupuncturestudio.com/

• emz likes this

-- See About Me page

#12 emz

emz
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Hey annebananamarie, I'm wondering if u can provide an update on ur experience at the acupuncture studio. I would appreciate details S to how the acupuncture is done since I heard they're a community facility... I've booked an appointment but I'm not sure what to expect

#13 sripri27

sripri27
  • 16 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:life quest

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hi all ,
Any updates on your treatment ? Would like to know more about your feedback after taking a few treatments...plus if you know any good acupuncturist in Scarborough. Pls let me know...

#14 Adrienne Donor

Adrienne Donor
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:59 AM

My recommendation is always the Toronto Acupuncture Studio also. It's community acupuncture, so costs are lower and sliding scale but it's less private. It's a wonderful space though. It's a nap and needles. Very relaxing.

28 year old Masters educated 1st time donor. Please feel free to contact me if you're interested in chatting.